Are you in need of assistance to complete your assignments or homework? Utilizing Socratic and its other alternatives, the task of doing homework has never been simpler.
Socratic is an educational tech business that offers students a mobile app. It makes use of AI technology to assist students with their homework. It provides education-related resources like videos, definitions, links, and Q&A questions, among many more.
You can take a picture of the questions you have; then, the application will determine the issue and give you the solution. While Socratic is a fantastic learning tool, it may not be suitable for your needs.
In the following article, we will discuss some apps similar to Socratic for Science, Chemistry, English, and many more that will assist you with your assignments.
Socratic is an education technology company that offers a mobile app for students. The program even uses the data to anticipate future questions and also provide particular educational material.
You have to take a picture of your homework issue. The app will be capable of reading the photo and classifying it using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology.
You can also make use of your voice to connect to online resources and comprehend every issue. It covers a variety of topics like Science, math, Social Science, and Humanities.
Socratic works with professional and teacher educators to give you visual explanations of every subject, allowing you to help you understand the underlying concepts of every problem.
Additionally, it’s accessible to users of both Android as well as iOS devices. Users must create or sign up using an account with a Google account.
The Socratic app is available for both Android as well as iOS devices. Google recognizes text directly via your smartphone’s camera, and its database currently contains more than 350,000 inquiries.
But it’s been noticed that sometimes answers are not as accurate for humanities and language subjects. Altogether, on this app, there is no archive function available for previously-posted questions.
Best Apps Like Socratic – Our Top Pick👌👌
Below given is the list of some best applications like Socratic that are authentic as well as reliable.
1. Chegg Study
Chegg Study provides both digital and physical textbook solutions and online tutoring, and other services for students.
Access its massive collection of millions of explained, step-by-step solutions to various subjects, such as Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Business, Engineering, Biology, and many more.
You can receive personalized assistance for all your courses, from homework to tests. A personal dashboard can pinpoint the level of your courses, and you can get recommendations on what you should study next.
- It is the best study tool, and you receive 24/7 assistance for your assignments or homework.
- Explore more than 500 million flashcards in the library or design and review them with your cards.
- Get your education in order through its massive collection of thoroughly detailed, step-by-step textbook solutions.
- Get help with homework on over 80 subjects and hundreds of courses.
- You can type in your question in the study section and then get the answers. It is already part of Chegg Study’s databases.
- You can have unlimited access to 25 million solved homework problems in the Q&A Library.
Photomath is among the top apps similar to Socratic. It’s a camera calculator application that allows you to calculate math equations easily.
You have to download it from Apple App Store for iOS devices and Google Play Store for Android devices. Then, use the camera to snap an image of your maths problem.
Now, you’ll be able to find that it can help you with the problem and give you a step-by-step answer. It’s available in many languages.
It’s available in various languages, including English, Spanish, Persian, Portuguese, Swedish, Indonesian, Turkish, Polish, Russian, and many more.
- You will have a handwriting recognition feature.
- It provides step-by-step directions and displays solutions to any problem in graphical format.
- Every update brings new kinds of problems that are introduced regularly.
- Provides animated videos to aid in understanding and retention of the solution.
- It covers different math topics that include fundamental maths, including algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, and statistics.
- A satisfactory performance level can be assured, and many users have stated that the application correctly solved the math equation.
3. Microsoft Math Solver
Microsoft Math Solver is an elementary education program that can solve math and science-related problems, such as algebra, arithmetic, statistics, trigonometry, calculus, and many others.
It is enough to utilize the camera to capture your issue or write the issue in the display. Microsoft Maths immediately identifies the problem and guides you in solving the issue with step-by-step instructions, Interactive graphs, interactive explanations, and other similar problems in the online video tutorials and on the internet.
- It was created to help you solve problems in mathematics, science, and tech-related problems and inform users.
- It is composed of an equation solver and an equation solver that offers step-by-step solutions for every issue.
- It employs AI to find and fix your issues.
- Additional learning resources are available, including video lectures, as well as explanations.
- It is available on the web platform as well as iOS, Android, Windows, and Microsoft Office.
- It is compatible with several languages. It supports various languages, including Spanish, German, Russian, English, and over 12 Indian languages.
- Create or record your mathematical question and receive a step-by-step explanation and a graphic calculator.
Quizlet is a Quiz and games-based Educational App Like Socratic. It is a multi-national American brand that develops and designs tools that aid in study and teaching.
Thanks to its AI learner assistants, experts’ explanations, and flashcards, it is possible to get the entire set of science study tools at your fingertips.
Quizlet provides the simplest method to learn, practice, and master any topic you’d like to study. You can test your knowledge with exercises and seven techniques for learning that will help you become more confident.
- Users can design definitions and sets of terms customized to meet their specific needs.
- Learn millions of step-by-step textbook solutions written by professionals and tested twice for accuracy.
- With the Quizlet Learning Assistant, you will create personalized study plans and keep track of your improvement.
- Create your flashcards or use one of the millions created by users.
- The main products are tests for practice, digital flashcards, and quizzes on live and matching games.
- Available in languages, as English, Chinese, Portuguese, French, Japanese, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese, etc.
5. Brainly – Get Homework Help
Brainly is an educational technology that lets parents, teachers, and students help one another in answering homework questions. Ask homework questions on the platform and receive answers in a matter of minutes.
It’s one of the most popular apps, similar to Socratic, to teach English, Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics. Students can interact with their colleagues and professional educators, and subject matter experts to discuss their subject and find answers to their questions.
- It includes elements of gaming in the form of motivating points and ranks.
- It’s available for iOS or Android devices and is an online platform.
- Parents can connect their accounts with their children’s accounts to start learning.
- Questions are classified by subject at the school level and the country in which they are located.
- Its database is supervised by staff members or a community of volunteers and an algorithm for machine learning.
- Find any homework issue or problem, talk to the experts and bright students’ questions about your issue, and receive answers in a matter of minutes.
- There are a variety of languages available in a variety of languages, including English, Hindi, Polish, Portuguese, Turkish, Filipino, Russian, Indonesian, and many more.
PhotoStudy is a different app similar to Socratic; it is a real-time online platform that connects students struggling with homework. It covers a variety of subjects which include Maths, Physics, Chemistry and more.
With PhotoStudy, it is easy to snap a photo of your issue and then connect to an expert tutor in just a few seconds for a customized conversation lasting 10 minutes.
Live study experts from the company will help you with even the most complex issues, including complicated diagrams or equations.
- They are online and are available 24 hours a day which means you can receive personalized assistance anytime you need it.
- It’s available on both iOS as well as Android devices.
- It could be the ideal alternative for high school students and home-schooled children, community colleges, and students at universities.
Anki is an open-source and free flashcard application that uses spaced repetition. It is an approach from the field of intellectual science to facilitate fast and long-lasting memorization. It is among the top Apps Like Socratic, and also the name of the program “Anki” is a Japanese word that means “memorization.”
- It’s suitable for Android, iOS, macOS, FreeBSD, Windows, and Linux.
- The user’s profile and card numbers are saved in the accessible SQLite format.
- Cards are displayed by using HTML and contain texts, videos, sounds, images, etc.
- Provides over 750 additional add-ons, which third-party developers usually develop.
- It is available in more than 48 languages, including Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Russian, Greek, Thai, English, Korean, Portuguese, Hungarian, and many more.
StudyBlue is one of our favorite apps like Socratic that functions as an online study platform for high school students. StudyBlue site lets users upload their class materials and create electronic flashcards to review and share with friends and test themselves on quizzes.
- You can study, create, and edit your own flashcards at absolutely no cost.
- Students can save notes on the cloud and communicate with students who are studying the same subject.
- Take a test or set reminders for your studies and monitor your performance.
- It also includes quizzes, flashcards, electronic flashcards, note uploading, and storage of digital study materials.
- Content can be easily accessed via a mobile app compatible with iOS or Android devices or via the web.
Brainscape is an online and mobile education service that lets students learn with adaptive flashcards.
It permits students, teachers, and corporate trainers to download and create electronic flashcards. It also enables them to browse flashcards made by other users all over the globe.
- This app uses spaced repetition to increase the speed of learning.
- The white paper demonstrates the power of cognitive science. It’s the case with its features that make use of metacognition and active memory.
- Brainscape’s Pro subscription grants you unlimited premium content and a variety of advanced features.
- Flashcards are saved in the cloud and are shared with other groups of students.
- Its offerings include a variety of learning types, digital flashcards, teacher dashboards, and collaborative editing tools.
SuperMemo is a software and learning method founded on research on long-term memory. It is an actual application of the spaced repetition process that has been developed to facilitate well-organized instruction by numerous psychologists.
- It can handle HTML images and video-based questions and answers.
- It’s fully compatible with Windows smartphones, Windows CE, Windows, etc.
- The desktop version allows for the ability to read incrementally and traditional design of questions and answer flashcards.
- It is possible to study various languages such as Spanish, Russian, French, German, Japanese, and more.
Kahoot is among the most popular Apps like Socratic. It is a learning game platform primarily utilized as a technology for education in schools and educational institutions.
Kahoots are multiple-choice tests that are accessible through the Kahoot apps or an internet browser.
- It can be utilized via screen-sharing applications like Google Hangouts or Skype.
- It is used to assess students’ understanding to assess their learning to break up old-fashioned tasks.
- Available in Spanish, English, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, French and Italian.
Memrise is a different Socratic alternative that uses repeated flashcards that are spaced out to boost the speed of learning.
It also provides user-generated content about many other topics. It is offered in various languages, including French, English, Dutch, Korean, Japanese, German, and Turkish.
- It is home to more than 50 million learners of languages.
- Features and courses vary based on the language you speak and the language of your device.
- Language experts collaborate with their world-class team developers to design the most effective language training course.
- Learn to talk in real-time using an array of simple-to-play games, as well as more than 30,000 speakers’ video clips.
With LearnWords, you can design and market online courses on your website. It’s among the most effective Apps Like Socratic that allows you to make money from your knowledge and experience.
- The app consists of hundreds of ready templates and allows you to make landing pages that are highly converting.
- This app engages learners through video-based interactions, interactive eBooks, certificates, self-assessment, note-taking, and more.
- You can easily convert your videos into a unique experience using automatic tests, transcripts of extracted videos, and tables of information.
- Build lasting relationships by enrolling in an educational school that focuses on social interaction.
14. Flash Cards Flashcards Maker
Flash Cards Flashcards Maker offers the most compact, lightweight, and speediest creation of flashcards. It’s perfect for those working towards NCLEX, MACTs, NCLEX, PSAT, or other significant tests.
- Faster, cleaner, easier, and more user-friendly than all the others.
- Decks can be shared with your students, colleagues, or instructors through Airdrop or email.
- You can italicize or bold and underline the text on your cards.
- Add cards and decks quickly in S flash and shuffle decks. You can copy/paste content also.
15. Answers – Homework Help & Question-Solving App
Answers are the best homework assistance application that can help students complete their school work, including chemistry, maths, biology, history, etc.
It is a reliable and trustworthy study partner and problem-solver to make your schoolwork more efficient. Answers contain more than 100 million questions and answers, and study subjects, such as algebra, calculus, maths, chemistry, physics, biology, and more.
You need to download the Answer application from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and then launch it. It will then allow you to access the entire library of questions anytime you want, from wherever.
You can solve math problems using step-by-step solution breakdowns, and you can also write an entirely new query that the users’ community will be able to solve for you.
Mathway is yet another best Apps Like socratic that provides rapid and precise solutions to math questions that you have to solve.
Whatever problem you’re dealing with, Mathway can produce a calculator that includes the appropriate symbols and tools to address the type of issue you’re trying to solve, no matter if it’s elementary math such as calculus, chemistry, or trigonometry, algebra, or statistics.
You can download the application for both iOS or Android devices. Take the time to read the Mathway tutorial. It will be displayed on the screen. Take a picture of the maths problem that must be solved.
You can type the question directly into the application or use the microphone to talk about the math question. The basic Mathway application that lets you solve problems with its calculator virtual is free.
You can upgrade to the paid plan at any time to follow the steps to resolve the issue. The paid plan is $79.99 annually or $19.99 each month.
17. Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a non-profit application to change the way we learn for the better by offering students a world-class education for free to everyone in the world.
Khan Academy is one of the most traditional math applications. It allows you to learn and review math within a learning environment that mimics a class. The app contains more than 10,000 instructional videos and 40,000 problems, and various kinds of math.
It covers trigonometry, stats, calculus, algebra, pre-algebra, arithmetic, and other subjects. You can take and repeat any of the courses you wish to expand your knowledge or refresh things you already know.
The best thing about Khan Academy is its cost. It’s free for use for the rest of your life. Khan Academy also teaches extracurricular activities, both inside and out.
Additionally, Khan Academy is an excellent place to conduct assessments and revisions. It is designed for every person looking for detailed information on a wide variety of subjects.
18. Toppr – Learning App for Class 5 – 12
Toppr is a virtual-learning application that is described to be “one among the top doubt-solving applications.” It means that the application instantly eliminates all doubts regarding specific math issues. Toppr is packed with instructional videos from experts.
It also helps students prepare for entrance exams with old documents. This app also has the option of a free version which includes specific resources; you can opt to pay for and use all options.
I like that the app’s subscriptions are dependent on your level of education, which means you pay only for the knowledge you’ll gain. Toppr’s learning program includes high-quality modules and interactive techniques that help students comprehend concepts quickly.
Additionally, you can gain new information via videos of short, engaging lessons that allow you to interact with your teachers and mentors seamlessly.
19. Course Hero
Course Hero is among the top Apps like Socratic, which acts as an online platform for learning that allows students to access specific education resources created by a community of teachers and students.
It includes notes for class, study guides, videos, essays, practice problems, and more. It also has step-by-step directions, infographics, and much more.
- App features video lectures and libraries by instructors, universities, etc.
- The app contains original content created and uploaded by teachers.
- It also provides a free catalog of online courses that can be downloaded from the internet.
- Provides 24/7 access to online tutors, which are priced per session using “credits.”
StudyStack is among the top learning platforms that provide free flashcards for serious study. You can make your own or make use of sets that other students or teachers share.
- There are many pre-made flashcards from other teachers that are useful for definitions as well as word memorizing.
- You can easily design and create different games that keep your students interested and aid in retaining information.
- Flashcards can be shared with students, and StudyStacks automatically make additional games.
With applications like Socratic learning has become much more simple. All of the mentioned best Apps Like Socratic let you study, practice, and master whatever subject you wish to learn about.
If you have any questions about apps such as Socratic, you can inquire in the comments section below.