Apple’s iTunes software is a monstrous behemoth that takes ages to load, uses shedloads of memory and generally slows down your PC. The bad news is it’s also the software that Apple uses to sync and back up mobile. devices to your PC.
The good news is that you don’t have to use it. 3uTools is a free alternative that does the same job (and more) without the bloat. You can easily Use this best iPhone manager to manage your iPhone photos, contacts, videos, and so on.
Backup and Sync an iPhone Without iTunes
1. After installing the software, connect your device to your PC using its USB cable. The device will ask whether you trust the computer – choose Trust.
On the PC, you’ll be told to turn off your personal hotspot, if it’s switched on.You should do this, otherwise, your PC will connect to it instead of using its own network connection. If you need to, go to Settings on your iOS device, choose Personal Hotspot and switch it off.
- The software launches in the Info tab, which shows a range of interesting data from your phone’s serial number to the version of iOS you’re running. The Battery Life section is particularly thorough. Click Details for a further breakdown of useful information.
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the best GoPro gimbal to buy?, do read it If you are interested.
- To clear space on your phone, sync photos and videos to your PC. Click the Photos tab and find the photos or videos to save. Click one to select it, or Shift+Click to select more than one. Clicking the circle selects them all. Click Export and choose where to save them.
- Select the Apps tab to see a list of all the apps that are installed on your device. You can uninstall them from here by selecting any you want to remove and clicking the Uninstall button.
- Like iTunes, 3u backs up and restores your phone if you need to reset or replace it. Click Toolbox, then the ‘Backup/Restore’ icon. Click ‘Back up iDevice’, then Remove Password if you’ve backed up the device previously, and ‘Back up Now’.
Please wait patiently until this process is completed.
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the Best Gimbals for iPhone to buy?, do read it If you are interested.
Click Restore Data to reinstall it later.
With 3uTools, back up your iPod, iPad or iPhone to avoid losing file and data is really easy.
- There are other tools in the Toolbox section that you won’t find in iTunes, such as Icon Management, which reorders your icons on screen and saves preferred layouts so you can switch between them easily; and a tool that makes ringtones from tracks in your music collection
From the Icon Managment page, you are able to customize your screen’s layout
Drag any icon to different pages for your iPhone;
Read Detailed about Icon management here
Hope my article “How to Backup and Sync an iPhone Without iTunes – 3uTools” helps you to Backup and Sync an iPhone Without iTunes. If you have any query, feel free to comment.