With this buyer’s guide, we are going to reveal the Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ in 2022. 😎
And this is important:
We didn’t just add the 3D printers based on our personal opinion.
We bought the 17 3D printers under 400 $ available in the current market and we came to the best 9 for our readers. 📗
So without further ado, let’s explore this awesome buyer’s guide. 🤴
You must be wondering, for real? Over a decade ago only large print houses and wealthy private artists could afford a 3D printer but thanks to the improvement and speed of technology and innovations, we now have 3D printers for the masses to display their creative side.
3D printers come as low as 150 dollars and serve the same purpose as the very expensive ones. However, buying a 3D printer depends on what purpose it’s serving and how often it’s been used among other things.
So to start this wonderful, we have brought to your doorstep, the best of the best 3D printers for a fraction of the price. Read through and hope you get an idea of what to buy when next you are in the tech department.
When you decide to start 3D printing, it is vital to get the right equipment. However, getting the right printer should not be a back or bank-breaking task.
To go overboard with an expensive gadget is too well not wrong but is not a wise decision. You do that you can get your hands on a good 3D printer under $400 right.
Best 3D Printer Under 400 $: Our Picks 👌👌
1. FlashForge Finder 3D Printers with Cloud
This very elegant and portable printer has been dubbed the best beginner 3D printer on the market. And packs a lot of features with a user-friendly interface and low-cost being at the forefront of why it is a consumer favorite.
The design is centered and built within a sturdy plastic and alloy frame that will survive the testing period until you become a specialist. This casing also makes it kid-friendly and durable especially in homes or situations where it might experience lots of irregular movements.
Below are some of the features of the FlashForge Finder 3D Printers with Cloud that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- It’s an easy plug and plays design that allows for immediate use after unboxing
- It comes with a starter filament and is very easy to calibrate which is why consumers love the product
- The print bed also serves as the sliding tray for inserting and removing the printed object with ease
- It offers an average printing speed of 40 to 200 millimeters per second
- Comes with an MK10 brass nozzle with a tandem thermal barrier for a smooth extrusion process
- An automatic intelligent feature that aids in leveling the calibration before use
- Wireless connection utilization with Wi-Fi network under AP or STA modes
- Has a memory space of 8GB
- It also supports a 3D cloud function allowing you to easily store, share, edit, send and receive prints
- Uses Fused filament fabrication printing technology
- Has an adjustable 100 to 400 later resolutions
- Build volume is 140 cube (same measurement all round for height, weight, and width)
- The product is a perfect cube at 420 mm cube
- Weighs in at 16 kilograms
- Comes with only one extruder
- Compatible with Mac OS, Linux, Windows 7/8/8.1, and Windows-10 operating system
- Supports two languages like Chinese and English
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the FlashForge Finder 3D Printers with Cloud that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Non-toxic and safe for home use
- The extremely quiet printer at 50 decibels
- Users need to download images from the FlashForge finder website
- Touch operation and easy to navigate options with its user-friendly options
- Excellent print quality for a just under 300 dollars
- Printed images are of high quality with details locked in place as desired
- You can print out images using your USB cable, Wi-Fi, Cloud, and USB stick
- Comes with a roll of 300g filament
- Doesn’t come with a USB stick
- It only supports 1.75mm PLA build size is limited
The FlashForge Finder 3D printer is a great printer for its size and especially excellent for a beginner that knows nothing about printing.
Its user-friendly interface and print quality make it one of the best printers on the market that makes it fit in our best 3d printer under 400 $ list.
2. DaVinci XYZ Jr. Pro 3D Printer
This 3D printer is a bargain and provides more than a satisfactory requirement for the user and just like the Finder; it is also an excellent choice for a beginner 3D printer.
Some endearing features are it’s easy to set up and use and produces excellent print designs with great and accurate precision build volume.
Below are some of the features of the DaVinci XYZ Jr. Pro 3D Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Comes with a 4GB SD card and supports the use of a flash drive
- Can be connected to your computer to print images using a standard 2.0 USB cable
- Resolution is 20 to 400 microns
- Volume build is 5.9 cubic inch
- Uses a 1.75 mm filament
- Weighs 26.5 pounds with dimensions of 16.9 by 6.3 by 15 inches
- It has a printing speed of 160 mm/s
- Comes with a 0.3mm nozzle for a smoother print surface
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the DaVinci XYZ Jr. Pro 3D Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Doesn’t require any manual calibration process to set the distance between the print head and the nozzle
- Print quality is exquisite
- Very quiet during printing
- Comes with autoloading filament system
- It supports the use of third-party filaments like Cura and slic3r
- The device is fully enclosed
- Easy to assemble and use
- Comes with a four-line resolution LCD screen
- Buttons for loading and unloading filament to start printing
- Only support PLA filaments
- No heated print bed
- It doesn’t come with a spool holder for third-party filament
Although customers complained that it looks too big and not very stable when printing, the Da Vinci Jr. pro certainly delivers on all other sides and even more on the print quality and consistency every time. As a consumer best, the Jr. Pro is worth the purchase and can be put to use immediately after unboxing the product.
3. Creality Ender 3 3D Printer
When the Creality Ender 3 hit the market, consumers were wow by how cheap and efficient the printer is and works, but just before we could come to terms with this printer, the Creality 3 3D was thrown at us and we must say, it did not disappoint.
The Creality 3 3D has lots of qualities we love like the price, performance, design, and user interface.
Below are some of the features of the Creality Ender 3 3D Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Build volume of 220 by 220 by 250mm
- A printing speed of 180mm per second
- Uses a 1.75mm PLA
- The nozzle diameter is 0.4mm with 0.1 to 0.4mm layer thickness with a ±0.1mm precision when printing
- Uses fused deposition modeling technology
- Comes with a heat build plate for easy extrusion and smooth print material
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Creality Ender 3 3D Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Very affordable
- Great for beginners and for small offices or schools
- The print volume is great
- Print quality is great
- Images can be printed either when online or offline from a memory card
- The filament path makes is compatible with filament flexibility
- Come partially assembled and easy to finish up
- Portable and lightweight
- The base is uneven and shakes more during print causing a misprint
- It is manually calibrated the print bed needs regular leveling
Despite the few negatives on the Creality 3 3D printer, it has proven to be a good buy and definitely one that will sit if any home, school, or business premises.
With the Creality 3 3D, the biggest problem we have is with adhesion, but the performance and other good qualities have certainly overshadowed it.
4. GIANTARM Geeetech Mecreator 3D Printer
At under $400 dollars, you might be surprised by the features on this printer; with such a great balance between performance and quality, the Geeetech Mecreator 2 is a well-designed printer that comes fully assembled with only small adjustments in the setting before you are on your way to print land.
Geeetech Mecreator 2 3D printer is a pretty straightforward design, with polished metallic frames providing a stable and sturdy feel when in use.
Below are some of the features of the GIANTARM Geeetech Mecreator 3D Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Comes with a heated print bed allowing you to use the ABS filament with high-quality extrusion and image
- Uses the fused disposition modeling technology
- Has a build volume of 6.3 cubic inches with a 0.05 print precision
- Print speed is between 60 to 80mm per second
- Nozzle and filament diameter is 0.4mm and 1.75mm respectively
- Works well with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating system
- The dimension of the printer is 320 by 320 by 360mm
- Resolution is 50 microns
- Connects either by USB or SD card
- Weight is 9.05kg
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the GIANTARM Geeetech Mecreator 3D Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Can acts as a standalone printer
- No need for assembling
- Excellent print quality
- User-friendly interface
- Frames and build are durable and very stable
- The printer is quiet but the noise of the cooling fan can be a nuisance
- The filament sample is too small
The Geeetech 3D printer is mostly loved for the full assembly nature that really takes the stress of you mentally and physically. As with any good product, there is always room for some negative aspect that customers feel is lacking in the product.
However, this 3D printer has covered the entire loophole as regards performance and capability which makes it perfectly fit in our best 3d printer under 400 $ list.
At the time of our research on “Best 3D Printer Under 400 $”, we found a video about “Top 7 Smart Ideas 3D Printed” which is worth watching. 🐱💻
5. Geeetech Delta Rostock Mini 3D Printer
Another product from Geeetech with more features that will wow you and have you creating 3D objects with ease.
This printer is the upgraded version in this series and is designed to support a double extruder allowing you to bring 2 color objects to life, a single color can be used by placing a filament in the holder. With that said, the Geeetech Delta is fun and high-quality performance device that the whole family will love.
Below are some of the features of the Geeetech Delta Rostock Mini 3D Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Comes with two filament holders and two separate extruders from which two different colors come out during a print
- Has an auto-level button taking away the stress of adjusting the setting with every job
- The G2 supports nylon and wood with PLA and ABS filaments
- Comes with an improved LCD control panel allowing you to keep an eye in the printing process
- User-friendly control system
- Both leveling and calibration in this printer are automated
- Very flexible diagonal rods allow for more précised and fine finish object
- The print build is 170 by 200 and weighs 23 pounds
- Filament and nozzle diameter is 1.75mm and 0.3mm but the nozzle has other optional diameters of 0.35mm, 0.4mm, and 0.5mm
- The layer resolution and thickness is 0.1mm
- The print plate size is 210 by 3mm with print speed ranging between 60mm to 120mm
- 8 degrees with a steep angle of the 1.16th micro stepping
- Connectivity compatibility is USB and SC Card
- Works on Window, Linux, and Mac operating system
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Geeetech Delta Rostock Mini 3D Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Easy to assemble and set up
- Variety of filaments allows you to create more unique designs
- Different extruder sizes to choose from
- High-quality objects and clarity
- Very user-friendly and something the family can enjoy
- Very affordable and good value of money
- Not meant for beginners
This pretty 3D printer is a wonderful piece of device to have at home which comes fully assembled and calibrated when shipped you only need to add a few parts to get it fully functional. Even though it’s a little complicated, Geeetech G2 has excellent performance and printing is always fun to watch.
6. Monoprice Maker Select Plus 3D Printer
This is an upgrade from the Select VZ with a more attractive look and performance. It also comes fully assembled except for a few screws here and there to get the printer to start working immediately.
We don’t expect you to get a well printed 3D model with the first test trial but with subsequent use, you will love the printer for its abilities and precision.
Below are some of the features of the Monoprice Maker Select Plus 3D Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Large heated build plate with 200 by 200 by 180mm in measurements
- A 3.5 inches wide LCD touch-sensitive screen display
- Comes with a free sample PLA filament
- It has a Micro SD card with an already loaded printable 3D model for the user
- The user-friendly option includes a pause button allowing you to stop and do other stuff
- Has a 100-micron resolution
- Build volume is 7.9 by 7.9 by 7.1 inches
- The filament diameter is 1.75mm
- Weighs 22 pounds when shipped
- Compatible with commercial and open software such as Cura, Repetier on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Monoprice Maker Select Plus 3D Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- All control buttons are located at the base for easy use
- Comes with a heated bed for smooth and fine extrusion for a high-quality model
- Support different filaments such as ABS, PLA, HIPS, and other third-party filaments
- Compact and lightweight that will sit comfortably on your desk
- The pause resume button stays functional as long as the device is plugged into the socket
- Sturdy and reliable
- Great open frame design with a touch screen option
- The printer can create a small, medium, or larger 3D models
- Manual is a bit complicated
- No auto-leveling
When you are ready to take your design from 2D or CAD, the Monoprice is the best 3D printer on the market with a good price that will produce excellent quality models.
Although you need to have experience and knowledge of how a 3D printer works before purchasing this device, it has a simple learning curve for any print enthusiast. The Monoprice allows you to test and practice until you get hang of the system.
7. ADIMLab 3D Assembled Printer
If you want in a school or office environment and need a good 3D printer on a budget that will deliver a great and precise model with unbeatable performance is the ADIMLab 3D printer.
For the moment you unbox this device, you are relieved as it comes already assembled and takes about 15 or 20 minutes to screw all other parts and get it fully calibrated to start working.
Below are some of the features of the ADIMLab 3D Assembled Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Easy to use control box
- Head glass print bed
- Comes with a free PLA filament for testing
- A large 3-inch display screen
- Comes with a 4GB SD Card
- A detailed manual on how to assemble and calibrate easily
- Nozzle and filament diameter is 0.4mm and 1.75mm each
- Layer resolution of 0.05 to 0.3mm
- Printing speed is 120 mm per second
- Product weight is 10kg
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the ADIMLab 3D Assembled Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Powerful dual track for a precise and accurate printing process
- Compatible with different filament materials including PLA, ABS, HIP, Flexible PLA, PC, and Wood
- Sturdy and durable glass and aluminum plate frame
- The print build is 310 by 310 by 410mm for larger models
- Very balanced based allow you to set it to work and do other stuff
- Fast, smooth, quiet, and precise printer
- Prints a single color at a time
- The leveling is sometimes off and needs manual shifting to get the next phase done
Just when you are thinking of paying for that expensive 3D printer; ADIMLab comes with one that produces high-quality models, great performance, precision right on the money and even more, it’s cheap.
With little extra screws, this printer is up and running and has a year’s warranty allowing you to truly acclimatize yourself with it.
8. TEVO Tornado 3D Printer
This is one of the 3D printers that made their mark in 2018 and still doing well this year. A product of TEVO, this printer comes 95 percent assembled with a large aluminum frame for large images and great compatibility and performance.
Below are some of the features of the TEVO Tornado 3D Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Works with a variety of filament including PLA, ABS, Copper, wood, etc
- A 300 by 300 by 400mm print display sheet
- Printing speed is 150mm/sec
- 50 microns print accuracy
- Fast heating Silicon bed for smooth and fine extrusion
- Improved hotted with Bowden style Titan extruder
- Wireless printing through SD cards
- The filament diameter is 1.75mm
- Nozzle diameter default is 0.4mm but can be customized to 0.3 or 0.2mm for finer extrusion.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the TEVO Tornado 3D Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Printing is easy with the TEVO 3D printer
- Very sturdy and well-balanced
- Portable and easy to set up
- Ability to move your printer anywhere
- A very versatile and user-friendly printer
- Able to produce details and accurate models
- Comes in a single color – black
- The heated bed needs a more experienced hand to wire it up
- The adhesive sticker is not up to par
It is easy to see why customers fall in love with this printer regardless of the boot-up bug and the salmon skin texture on the surface of printed objects.
The Tornado is a powerful machine with a simple learning curve. Furthermore, the fast heating bed and extrusion process are why we love the TEVO Tornado besides its price.
9. QIDI TECH 3D X- Smart Printer
If you want a chic, sleek, and well-built 3D printer, then allow us to introduce QIDI TECH to you. QIDI TECH has designed this printer to allow beginners to get a hang of 3D printing and it is an excellent addition for schools, studios, and educators.
The QIDI TECH pack comes with a one-kilogram roll filament to test the printer, power cable, USB pen drive, toolbox, and a filament guide tube for the users.
Below are some of the features of the QIDI TECH 3D X- Smart Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- The printer comes with an extra cooling fan
- One extruder
- Full metal frame for better support and stability
- A 3.5 inches colored touch screen with easy to use icons
- Uses fused deposition modeling technology
- The print volume is 150 cubic mm
- Has a layered resolution of 100 – 500 microns
- Filament diameter is 1.75mm and a nozzle of 0.4mm
- Precision positioning of 11 microns on X and Y with 2.5 microns on Z
- Product weight 22kg
- Uses QIDI Tech and Simplify 3d software.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the QIDI TECH 3D X- Smart Printer that earned it a spot in our list of Best 3D Printer Under 400 $ to get in 2022.
- Excellent customer service that replies to you within 24 hours of placing a call or complaint
- Prints via SD card and USB cable
- Compatible with Windows 64 bit and MAC operating systems
- 6-month warranty on the product
- None for now
Your search for a 3D printer has come to an end with this product from QIDI TECH proving that you can get the best of both worlds – affordability and performance in one beautifully metallic framed box that is this printer which makes it perfectly fit in our best 3d printer under 400 $ list.
So if you are serious and ready about venturing into 3D printing, then give the QIDI TECH a try.
🎏Best 3D Printer Under 400 $: What To Consider
With the market full of choices, it has become rather necessary to have a comprehensive buying guide to help you understand the market.
3D printers come in different sizes and costs, but you need to know more, and hence we have listed the top guides to know before you lock down a printer
This is the sheet on which the model is built on and the bigger the better as it gives you enough space to work with. When buying one, a 5 by 5 by 5 inches should be the smallest measurement for the build area for the printer.
although the entire printers listed here are below 400 dollars, printers range from as low as150 dollars to thousands of dollars. However, these printers have the same performance level and print high-quality objects. So why not go for the affordable brands?
the extruder is where the melted filament comes out from to create the model. Most of the printers listed here come with one except the Geeetech Delta Rostock printer. The more filament holders, the more colors the extruder extrudes.
if you do a lot of printing work, then it is wise to get a printer. However, you should know that printers have a steep learning curve, and buying one without proper understanding can be a waste of money.
how fast the extruder moves determines the speed of the printer as this affects the quality of the overall result. This is usually affected by the printing material and the design complexity
the ideas of having a 3D print machine are to create models with volume and depth. In the world of 3D, we have nine major print technologies. The most common are SLA (stereolithography – this uses UV light and photosensitive resin to form the image) and FDM (Fused deposition modeling): which uses an extruder to form the model. The FDM is the most popular technology found in most 3D printers and work really well too.
You should also consider if you want a wireless or cable printer. This decision is based on what kind of jobs you do with the printer and your mobility.
Other factors to consider when buying a 3D printer are the resolution (the smaller it is the better the end result), the heat bed, the type of filaments, and the ease of use. Once you have all these covered, you are ready for your own printer but please never buy on impulse.