Ramadan, the holy month, is one of the most sacred months for Muslims. Every year Muslims around the world welcome this month with cheers and pride. During this time of the year, Muslims fast for consecutive 30 days.
Fasting is one of the five fundamental principles of Islam. Ramadan is one of the most awaited festivals across the world. The Holy Quran was revealed by the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) during this month.
The ultimate goal of fasting is gaining constant awareness of God. In Arabic, this is known as taqwa. During Ramadan, Muslims lift themselves up to both physically and spiritually by avoiding any type of negative thoughts.
Ramadan is an opportunity for self and spiritual improvement for Muslims.
During the holy month of Ramadan, Muslims get up early even before the dawn breaks to eat their pre-dawn meal known as “Suhoor.”
Post-Suhoor, they recite their prayer “Fajr,” it is the first prayer they recite in the day. There are five prayers that have to be recited every day through the holy month.
After “Fajr,” the individual can continue with their daily chores while fasting.
Towards the end of the day after the sun sets, Muslims break their fast by having dates. This is known as “Iftar.”
It is said that Muslims feast together with friends and family to learn more about sharing.
Ramadan’s ending phase is celebrated with a three days festival known as Eid al-Fitr. Ramadan has its own practices that one needs to follow throughout the holy month.
This includes understanding the precise time to recite their prayers.
They know the time to have their “Suhoor” and “Iftar.” Most Importantly, knowing how to refrain from food, drink, and sexual activities.
We introduce you to a few apps for Ramadan for both Android and IOS.
These apps will help you learn and grow through the month of Ramadan. We will provide you with their Pros and Cons that will make it easier for you to choose.
These apps already have good user ratings and reviews.
Best Apps For Ramadan: Our Top Pick 👌👌
1. Prayer Times: Azan, Quran, Qibla Compass
Prayer Times is one of the best apps for Ramadan available on the Google Play Store. It helps when it comes to scheduling yourself properly with the prayer times. It provides you with the proper timing of prayers as per your GPS Location.
The app Identifies your location with the help of GPS and provides you prayer timings accordingly. This helps you to know the exact time of the prayer at your current location. It shows time in accordance with the time zone you are in.
With Prayer Times, One may also set Customized Alarm for Suhoor and Iftar. Alarms ensure that you don’t miss your meals and stay hungry. You can select the alarm tone from different prayers.
– Prayer Times helps a user add their country manually to the location to use the app in offline mode. This helps users to know the exact time of the prayer at different locations irrespective of where they are around the globe.
– Prayer Times app offers a complete Ramadan calendar for the succeeding year. It provides you with the dates and timing of prayers for the ensuing year.
– This app provides the Holy Quran in multiple languages. Multiple languages make the app easily accessible to people of all sections.
– With the help of the Qibla Compass, one may find out the right direction you need to face for your prayers. Irrespective of where you are you can find the correct direction of the mecca as per your position.
– It provides Islamic Calendar Layout in accordance with the Western Calendar. The layout consists of dates for both the format together making it easier to use.
– The Prayer Times app has an easy to use User Interface and provides regular updates
– Holy Quran is not available for Offline Mode. Internet access will be needed to read the verses using the Prayer Times app.
– A high number of Advertisements pop up. These pop-ups might disturb while reciting the Holy Quran through the app.
– The app takes time for the Initial Setup.
– The app works slower when navigating locations in offline mode. This may result in a delay in loading the prayer times.
The Holy book of Quran was revealed in the month of Ramadan. Muslims recite the Holy Quran as it brings them spiritually closer to Allah. alQuran is one of the apps for Ramadan that can help you recite the Holy Quran.
It has multiple languages and translations pre-installed. It will help you read the Holy Quran wherever you want to and help you lift spiritually. alQuran is available for both Android and IOS devices through the Google Play store and IOS store respectively.
– Carry Holy Quran with you anywhere you go hassle-free. It becomes easier to carry the Holy Quran everywhere you go. You can read or recite it at any place with the help of the alQuran app.
– 100+ translations available for the Holy Quran making it widely understandable for everyone.
– The alQuran app is available in over 30 languages.
– The app has an easy-to-use search feature that can do word-by-word search throughout different verses. It helps users search verses easily through the search bar and continue easily from where they left.
– Multilingual Support allows people to access the support page in their desired language.
– It consumes a lot of storage of your device as the app downloads the verses when you read them.
– Irregular updates.
– The user Interface color scheme seems dull, thus making the user experience seem less involving and catchy.
3. Quran for Android
The user can both recite or listen to the verses from this app. In Addition, this app comes preloaded with Azan too.
Unlike the previous app in this list of apps for Ramadan, this app is only available for Android devices through Google Play Store. However, this app is said to be available for all versions of Android to date.
– Madani Compliant Images help you learn and read it with greater affection.
– Continuous Audio Playback option of the app helps users to listen to the verses without any interruptions.
– Feature of bookmarking and tagging makes it easier for remembering the verse where you last left.
– 20+ language translation is available for the Holy Quran.
– 15+ Audio Recitation available to listen on the go make it one of the best mp3 players for reciting the Holy Quran.
– Audio can be downloaded for listening offline.
– The translation is not available for offline mode, so you need Internet access if you want to see the translations.
– There is no feature of Auto-Downloading the prayers. The lack of an auto-download feature makes it hard to use the app offline because users will have to download verses individually.
– Buggy User Interface makes the exploring rough, and you may experience a delay in loading the app’s contents.
4. ISLAMUNA: Prayer Times, Ramadan Time, Quran, Qibla
One of the easiest to access apps for Ramadan is available on the Google Play Store. It provides all the necessary information for Ramadan. The Islamuna app is compatible with every android version to date.
This app packs all the times and schedules for the prayers and Hadith for the day.
It also comes with a number of Dua’s for daily life. These Dua’s can be downloaded and shared with others on different apps.
– There are regular alerts for Prayer times, including the feature of beep alerts. It also provides an advance reminder for the prayers automatically; one doesn’t need to set the individual alarm for everything.
– Offline Holy Quran is available in different languages making it highly accessible across the different parts of the world where the internet isn’t stable.
– It offers Qibla direction to help you know the correct location of Mecca from your current location.
– 100+ Dua’s for daily life that you can recite for yourself or the others.
– Fasting time is available for every occasion, including Ramadan. The app provides fasting time along with the timing of Sunrise and Sunset for every month of the year and not only Ramadan.
– No in-App Advertisements help you go through the application without any interruption or delays.
– An active Internet Connection is needed for automatic alarms and reminders to work.
– The audio feature is no more there. Users can only read the Holy Quran from this app.
– Pay to Unlock or Buy multiple features of the app thus making the application not feasible for everyone.
5. Zabihah: The original Halal restaurant guide
Zabihah app helps you get along with your diet and food plans during the holy month of Ramadan. One may find the Zabihah app on both Google Play Store and the IOS store.
It features a range of restaurants around your location with verified reviews of the customers.
The app is used worldwide; hence one can get to know about almost every location. It has original, credible reviews for restaurants from real people.
– The app provides diet plans for fasting for everyone so that everyone knows what they can eat and what they can’t eat.
– Lists halal restaurants available nearby your location.
– Free to use and explore. Users get real-time information.
– The app features credible restaurants with good food and hygiene and real reviews to help users find the best locations around them.
– The app also lists restaurants that provide special meals at Suhoor and Iftar time.
– It provides offers and Coupons that can be used at respective restaurant counters while making payment for discounts.
– Clumsy User Interface with an improper layout makes it hard for people to read sometimes or do a proper search.
– The app is still growing. Thus it lacks information from many locations.
The app has been downloaded over 1 lakh times since its release. The app gets its name from a nectar beverage. This beverage is said to be consumed during the month of Ramadan.
This is one of the most trusted apps for Ramadan when it comes to doing some donation or charity in the holy month as it is said to be a good deed. Along with this feature, it comes with some useful features related to fasting and prayers.
– Multipurpose app to help you record and note down your prayer timings and maintain a schedule for the upcoming days.
– Feature to provide donations or charity through a trusted payment gateway.
– Easy to use User Interface for every age group.
– Helps you share your schedule with others and help each other out with better suggestions.
– Proper layout to maintain plans and notes for daily life chores.
– The QamarDeen App is still in Beta Version, so there can be multiple changes made to it in the next time.
– The App lacks Backup and Restore Features, so if you have to change your device someday, then, unfortunately, you won’t be able to move your current planned schedule or noted things to the new device.
7. Cookpad – Create your own Recipes
At Iftar, Muslims like to have delicious food and dishes to break their fast. Cookpad fulfills the purpose of being one of the apps for Ramadan to provide recipes for homemade delicacy in food that pleases everyone’s taste buds.
The Cookpad app allows you to share your own recipe too in the community and get to try newly found recipes of other people in the community and review them.
– Variety of Recipes Available for any kind of dish.
– Easy to understand User Interface so anyone can understand the recipe.
– Share your own recipe for others to try and cook and get feedback.
– The app comes with a Planner to help you plan what your next dish you want to cook.
– Search recipes by food titles or ingredients used in it.
– A comprehensive database of recipes so it can get time-consuming to find the one that suits you the best for cooking.
– Pay to unlock features make it limited to use for some users.
– The App database gets delayed from time to time to provide a response in its different features.
8. Muslim Habit Tracker: Prayer Quran Tracker
One of the most compact apps for Ramadan is available on the Google Play Store. The App has rich features to help you get with the daily chores. It comes with preloaded schedules and plans and provides options to customize them.
One can easily set up their schedule or plans in a few easy steps. It works on a straightforward user interface. Thus, it is easy to use for any person.
The App packs detailed information about maintaining a healthy diet to recite prayers correctly.
– The User Interface of the Muslim Habit Tracker app is easy to use and understand. The layout helps you track your details quickly.
– Accurate Times provided for prayers as per your home location. Users of the Muslim Habit Tracker do not have to worry about missing their prayer times anymore.
– Islamic calendar widget available that provides the current date on your home screen itself.
– It helps you set up a proper reading schedule for the Quran. This consists of a time tracker and bookmarking. The app provides the option of playback the recital of the Quran from where your last stop is.
– The app comes with dark mode. Enable the Dark mode and enjoy the app without glare.
– The app lacks automatic reminders for Azan. One must set the alarm manually.
– The app is still developing. Hence, many features may work buggy. These features will be corrected in the next updates.
9. Muslim Pro – Prayer Times, Azan, Quran & Qibla
Last but not least, Muslim Pro is one of the apps for Ramadan that you must have on your device to know all about the holy month, the Holy Quran, and even the basics of Islam. The Muslim Pro App is available for both Android and IOS on their respective app stores.
– It features detailed information about Ramzan and all about its history. This app can also be used to educate people about the holy month.
– It comes up with alarms for the fast timing and prayer timing and also helps to locate the mosque near you.
– Audio recitation enabled Holy Quran with phonetics and translation.
– It comes with a Complete Muslim Hijri Calendar to help and know the holy dates.
– Consists of customizable Greeting cards to send to your loved ones on different occasions.
– It comes with Tajweed to help you improve your pronunciation and better understand while reciting the Holy Quran.
– The User Interface is buggy and slow.
– Pop Up Advertisements give the users a very hard and awful time while they are listening to azan or the Holy Quran.
– Pay to unlock premium subscription after that only you will be able to download and use the Quran in offline mode.
– The Premium subscription of the app is quite expensive, so not everyone can enjoy the app without any limits.
📗 Frequently Asked Questions
Question – From which year and from whom did the Prophet start to get a revelation about the Holy Quran?
Answer – It is said that Archangel Gabriel (Jibril) started to orally reveal the Quran to Prophet Mohammad in the year 609 CE.
Question – How long did it take for the Prophet to know the complete Quran? When did the revelation start?
Answer – It took 23 years for the Prophet to know the complete revelation of the Quran. The disclosure started on 22nd December, 609 CE and concluded in 632 CE
Question – Who is exempted from fasting during the holy month of Ramadan?
Answer – Pregnant or nursing women, children, the old, the ill both physically and mentally, and people on long journeys are all exempted from fasting during Ramadan.
Question – Apart from Fasting, what are the other principles of Islam?
Answer – There are a total of five principles of Islam. These Principles are also known as the “Pillars of Islam.” The Five Pillars of Islam are –
– Shahadah (The act of sincerely reciting the Muslim profession of Faith)
– Salat (Performing ritual prayers in a proper manner, five times each day)
– Zakat (Paying alms (or charity) tax to benefit the poor and the needy
– Sawm (Fasting during the month of Ramadan)
– Hajj (Pilgrimage to Mecca)
Question – When does the month of Ramadan start in 2022?
Answer – In the year 2022, the holy month of Ramadan starts from 12th April.
At the time of our research on Best Apps For Ramadan, we found a video about “What Happens to Your Body When You Fast (During Ramadan)” which is worth watching.
The Fasting during Ramadan has its own valuable lessons for life. A few valuable lessons are,
- Gaining Taqwa, it’s the lesson that teaches to show deep, proper, and solemn respect.
- Learning patience and Self Control. Aiming for the right and sincerity (Ihsaan) and avoiding pride.
- Parting ways from negativity and unstable thoughts. Uniting as a Religion. Donating to the ones in need and understanding them.
The month helps in purification of both the mind and soul. During this month, Muslims refrain from even thinking about any negativity. It also refrains them from any violent act however, Fighting for Self-Défense is an exception.
Ramadan is said to be an opportunity to build one’s character. Allah has said, “Fasting is for me except all deeds of Ibn-e-Adam and I’ll pay for it.” The month brings Muslims closer to Allah spiritually. The Reward for the fasting is presented in the form of Eid-ul-Fitr.
This list of apps for Ramadan contains applications that are still active. Have a joyful and cherishing Ramadan month.
Each of the apps has what it takes to make us punctually and spiritually better to bond closer with Allah.
The holy month comes once in a year, and we all want to make the most of it and don’t fall back in anything to make others happy too.