This is a complete buyer’s guide to Best Beginner Trumpet in 2021. 🤴
The best part?
We bought the 17 Beginner Trumpet available in the current market and reviewed them based on Water key, Warranty, Type of finish, Trumpet valves and Bell shape.
And, finally came to 11 Of The Best Beginner Trumpet to our readers. 📗
So without further ado, Let’s dive right in. 🎭
Music is one of the most deeply appreciated arts in the world today. Not only is it intensely therapeutic, but it has also contributed to the gross domestic product of countries worldwide.
Now, music comes in different forms and genres played by different instruments. One of which is the trumpet. The trumpet has been the go-to instrument for jazz and classical music which music stars cannot get enough of.
From famous hits to national anthems and even disco, the trumpet has served a fine and vital purpose. Music is ever-evolving and presently most highly revered musicians incorporate the trumpet in one song or the other, hence the demand for trumpeters is high in this era.
Nevertheless, before one considers being a successful wielder of this brass instrument (trumpeter), one must start at the beginner’s level. There are millions of trumpets in the world today, some more unique than the next.
Hence it is very necessary as a beginner to ascertain yourself with the various types of trumpets available, just so you know which one works best for you.
Types of Trumpets:-
Trumpets are grouped based on the type of key they produce. You may have heard of the B-flat Trumpet or even the C trumpet. These are the most common ones, but they are other trumpets based on their respective keys, this includes the D, E-flat, F, G, E, and A, however, they are more difficult to come by. However, based on the design and general difference in outlook, there are 5 key types of trumpets, namely:
- The Bugle
- The Cornet
- The Flugelhorn
- The Piccolo Trumpet
- The pocket Trumpet
As a beginner, you’ll need to be conversant with the key you’re going for in relation to which trumpet you purchase.
Let’s start with The Bugle. This trumpet is known to be the simplest type in today’s market. The Bugle is void of valves, unlike its close relatives.
This means that its player controls the tuning. It is more advanced for beginners and is mostly found and used during military operations.
The Corner offers more high-quality tones than its other counterparts. It’s easily recognized by its shape which is very compact and its conical bore.
Like The Bugle, The Cornet is for trumpeters that are at professional levels than the beginner. This is because it accommodates both the B-flat and E keys perfectly, without sound hitches.
As for The Flugelhorn, it most likely resembles a real trumpet and is often mistaken for a Cornet. However, it has a more prominent mouthpiece and is small in size. It is often brass made and accommodates the soprano and bass tones really well. Due to its small and compact size, it is lighter than other trumpets and blends perfectly in jazz settings.
The Piccolo Trumpet has 4 valves, unlike the others which have three. This addition in valves makes it compatible with B-flat or A. It is significantly smaller than all other trumpets and is mostly used in orchestra settings because of its acoustics and ability to accommodate the C, F, and G tones.
Lastly, The Pocket Trumpet has tight tubes and plays B-flat. This trumpet produces refined sounds of higher quality and is easy enough for beginners. The pocket trumpet is popularly seen in concerts and orchestras.
At the time of our research on Best Beginner Trumpet, we found a video about “Demonstration of Various Trumpets” which is worth watching. 🤴🏆
Now we’ve established the different types of trumpets and their associative characteristics, we can move on to the best ones for beginners, and not to worry, we’ll be very descriptive.
Best Beginner Trumpet: Our Top Picks 👌👌
As a fresh trumpeter, you want something you can easily maneuver without so much of a hassle, with the following trumpets, you’ll not only achieve a flawless and refined sound, you’ll also experience its ease of use. Let’s start with the simplest one:
1. Mendini By Cecilio MTT-L
If you’re a beginner with not so much money in the bank, this trumpet will offer so much value for your money. With almost 500 buyer reviews, it is the trumpet for beginners and students whose guardians don’t want to spend much.
The quality of music from this trumpet is decent enough to keep any beginner interested in the art of trumpeting.
Below are some of the features of the Mendini By Cecilio MTT-L that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
This trumpet is specifically for students who are new to trumpeting. Coming in at 5.6 pounds it is light enough to be handled by beginners without discomfort. It plays the B-flat relatively well with its 3 valves and adjustable throw ring.
This shiny gold lacquered trumpet is sure to catch your fellow trumpeter’s attention. This particular model comes in shades of red, purple, and nickel too. It has a 0.46inch bore as well as a 5inch bell and its mouthpiece is made of phosphorus lead.
The action of the valves is smooth and easy enough for beginner’s use. It is also topped with 3 white and comfortable mother of pearl key inlaid which all features make it put it in our best beginner trumpet list.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Mendini By Cecilio MTT-L that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
- At only $99.99, it is the cheapest trumpet on the market.
- It plays remarkably well for its affordability.
- It shines due to its gold lacquer finish and gives its player that pizzazz.
- It comes with a trumpet case, a bottle of valve oil (which must be used before play), a soft cloth for cleaning and polishing, a pair of white gloves for showmanship.
- Lightweight and guarantees ease of use.
- It comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- It’s known to have very smooth airflow.
- Quality is great for the price.
- Lots of positive reviews online.
- Copper isn’t the best material for a trumpet as it lessens its quality over time and this trumpet has a copper lead pipe.
2. Glory Black Nickel With engraved flowers
This trumpet is another obvious choice if you’re going for something under or precisely $100. Having an economical choice of a trumpet in which its quality is greater than its value is not easily attained with trumpets, but the Glory trumpet is hitting all the right keys and checking off all our boxes. Here are some of its key features.
Below are some of the features of the Glory Black Nickel With engraved flowers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
This silver brass trumpet is dedicated to the Bb tone. It includes a 7C mouthpiece that is also silver. It is usually on the teacher’s recommendation list for trumpets and its quality is the reason why. At 5.91 pounds, this trumpet comes in a very light yet hard and durable case.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Glory Black Nickel With engraved flowers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
- It is one of the most picked choices for students and beginners.
- It has a flawless finish with an accompanying well-toned sound.
- It is notably easy to use and play.
- Glory trumpet is already finely tuned before purchase. This eliminates the need for turning it on your own.
- This trumpet excels in-band or concert environments.
- It comes in different colors either blue or red.
- For beginners, it is a great blowing horn.
- Being lightweight, it is very comfortable for beginners who aren’t used to the weight of a trumpet.
- The rich and refined sound quality synonymous with the pricier options is not available with this trumpet.
3. Windsor Student Bb Trumpet
The Windsor student poses as an economical yet worthy choice for beginners. It is proof that a trumpet can both be pocket-friendly and efficient. It is perfect for parents or beginners who do not wish to break the bank to pursue their music expertise. This trumpet provides that balance and its features are:
Below are some of the features of the Windsor Student Bb Trumpet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
It has a synonymous gold lacquer finish, a first valve thumb hook, and twin water keys. It is remarkably light and weighs 2.65pounds. If you’re just starting out those lessons, this is the trumpet for you.
It is light enough to be carried anywhere and it comes in a plush-lined durable case that contains its valve oil, 7c mouthpiece, and cleaning cloth. At $131.78 it is the smart choice for beginners that makes it put in our best beginner trumpet list.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Windsor Student Bb Trumpet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
- It is ideal for beginners and novices who are just starting trumpet lessons.
- The plush-lined case makes it more portable to carry around.
- Its three valves make playability really comfortable and easy.
- It produces a nice and crisp B-flat tone.
- Valve action is very smooth.
- It is rated 4 out of 5 stars, so it’s pretty great.
- Its design is sleek and promotes sound resonation and it withstands scratches and dents
- The valves can be sluggish or sticky and need regular oiling.
What does your favorite music say about you? Find now with this awesome video
4. Merano GWD300SV-MT B Flat Trumpet
Coming in at $159.99, this beauty is concert ready. It’s all about comfort and ease of use with beginners, and this trumpet gives you just that while producing a pretty good B-flat tone. It has a silver finish that is really bold and attractive. Merano is a name that has been in existence for a long time, manufacturing durable musical instruments and equipment.
Below are some of the features of the Merano GWD300SV-MT B Flat Trumpet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
This trumpet is obviously Nickel plated. It plays the B-flat key and its mouthpiece is equally nickel plated. Weighing 7.8 pounds, its case is well zippered and made of hard-shell.
It is also lined with velvet to ensure the safety of the trumpet. It comes with a pair of white gloves for showmanship, valve oil, cleaning cloth, metro tuner, and a stand. The Merano B-flat trumpet provides an economical option where beginners can learn the basics of trumpeting.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Merano GWD300SV-MT B Flat Trumpet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
- It is very fancy and comes with its own metro tuner and stand, making it gravely easier for beginners.
- The trumpet can be kept on the stand when not in use and this saves you the hassle of boxing it up.
- The silver finish of this trumpet is really pretty.
- Its valves produce little or no sound when pressed and overall, for its current pricing, this trumpet is generally well made.
- It may have a bit of a valve problem where they tend to stick. To fix this, practice the regular oiling of the valves.
5. Jean-Paul USA TR-330 Standard Student Trumpet
This is a more expensive trumpet in which its quality supersedes its price value. Although the Jean and Paul company outsource the production of this fine piece of musical equipment to China, be rest assured that the materials used for its production are of high quality. It gives students and beginners access to refined sounds all within the Bb key.
Below are some of the features of the Jean-Paul USA TR-330 Standard Student Trumpet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
At 7 pounds this beautifully crafted trumpet has a yellow brass body framework topped with a gold lacquer finish. It has 3 valves that are easy to control and the sound flows out naturally.
It has an accompanying case, valve oil, gloves, cleaning cloth, and its 7c mouthpiece. Its third trigger is fixed and its lead pipe is made of rose brass. At only $189.99, you too can explore your trumpeter skills.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Jean-Paul USA TR-330 Standard Student Trumpet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
- Its lead brass pipe produces warm, well-centered tones.
- This same pipe together with its bell leads to a great projection of sound.
- Its carrying case is very robust with padded straps and built-in additional storage capacity.
- It has a supreme balancing nature and guarantees comfort and ease of use of beginners, due to its 1st valve slide thumb saddle and its third valve slide with an adjustable ring on it.
- Very durable piston.
- It comes with all the necessary tools for beginner trumpeters to explore their potentials.
- It’s perfect for band students and helps them hit all the notes flawlessly at concerts and orchestras.
- Lots of positive reviews online
- Although this company is highly revered there is still a tendency of purchasing a knock off.
- Valve guide is known to either stick or breaks off completely.
6. LJ Hutchen Bb Trumpet
Having a trumpet that resonates with you as a beginner is not easily attainable, but the LJ Hutchen does this and so much more.
It has a 4.4-star rating and costs $289.99 which is a small price to pay considering its specifications. This trumpet is very popular among beginners as it provides the balance they need when playing for the first time, together with a fine sound.
Below are some of the features of the LJ Hutchen Bb Trumpet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
This trumpet has a professional bore and bell size which has its advantages. Its finish is that of clear lacquer and it has a braced tuning slide.
Its valves are made of stainless steel and it comes with a plush-lined hard case in which you can find a Yamaha valve oil, standard 7C mouthpiece and it even has a 2-year warranty on it. It weighs about 11.25pounds and here are some of its pros.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the LJ Hutchen Bb Trumpet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
- Its professional bore and bell make it ideal for sound, resonation as well as intonation.
- The clear lacquer finish it has brings out its clear warm tone.
- The braced tuning slide helps in maintaining alignment during play.
- Its stainless steel valves prevent events like corrosion when exposed to moisture.
- It offers a pretty great tone clarity because of its rose brass lead pipe.
- This trumpet is somewhat imperative and necessary to build trumpeting skills efficiently.
- It’s not as heavy as its other counterparts and its alignment provides a steady balance when in use.
- A 2-year warranty, for those specifications, is great, but it could have been longer to promote its durability.
7. King Student 601 Model
King is another musical instrument brand that has stood the test of time. This particular beauty is for beginner trumpeters and we can only expect features that depict royalty. This Bb trumpet was made in the USA with quality materials channeled to its production.
Below are some of the features of the King Student 601 Model that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
It’s really no surprise that its production materials are of very high quality. It has a dual bore system, coming in at .459 and .462inch. This dual-bore is its main tuning slide and works with a 4-7/8” seamless bell which makes its control and projection easier.
Its action is quick due to the stainless steel piston which also allows for smooth action. King 601 also has a clear lacquer finish, avalve saddle for the thumb, and weighs a staggering 21 pounds. You can get this for $341.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the King Student 601 Model that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
- Its dual bore system is good for balance during play alongside projection and control.
- The pistons which are made of stainless steel promote a smooth and quick action during play.
- The thumb saddle creates an opportunity for the adjustment of intonation.
- Its clear lacquer finish gives it’s sound a bit of subtle warmth.
- It is very durable and can accommodate diverse kinds of music, not just classical and jazz.
- King 601 is another good trumpet for beginners and younger students.
- It may be too heavy for a beginning trumpeter.
8. Prelude TR711Bb Lacquered Student Trumpet
This is where moderation meets efficiency. The Prelude TR711Bb Student Trumpet is a fine combination of durability, affordability, and sound efficiency. Produced by Conn-Selmer, this trumpet has all the necessary characteristics every good trumpet needs.
Since this is for beginners, it is lightweight and easy to use and transport which makes it to perfectly fit in our best beginner trumpet list.
Below are some of the features of the Prelude TR711Bb Lacquered Student Trumpet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
Its mouthpiece is a Genuine Vincent Bach 7C. This guitar-like most within its price range has an adjustable third finger ring which increases grip and comfort when playing. Its two-piece yellow brass bell is about 4 and three-quarters of an inch.
You can see its clear lacquer finish which gives it its shine. It also has two whole water keys, a red mouth pipe made of brass, some stainless steel pistons, and a 0.459inch bore. With $425 you too can cop this brass beauty and get started with the basics of trumpeting, but first, here are some of its pros and cons.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Prelude TR711Bb Lacquered Student Trumpet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
- This is one trumpet that focuses and tries to accommodate the needs of a novice trumpet player.
- It constitutes of durable materials carefully crafted with precision to withstand multiple sessions.
- Its 0.459inch bore combines with its red brass lead pipe to give a unique bowing horn that permits seamless movement between its registers.
- It is nickel-plated which prevents pitting and wearing.
- The silver valves promote smooth valve action.
- This trumpet is a more affordable option that gives you every function you need.
- Its value supersedes its cost price and beginners absolutely love it.
- Affiliated with Bach, you get a high-quality trumpet at a modest price.
- Durability on the adjustable third finger ring is low, can break after a year of use.
9. Yamaha YTR 2335
The Yamaha YTR 2335 is an excellent beginner trumpet. If you’re willing to spend just a little above average for a trumpet and you require its value, this trumpet will surely tip the scales.
You may know the company from its production of state of the art musical appliances and we guarantee that this one doesn’t fall short. Let’s take a look at its specs.
Below are some of the features of the Yamaha YTR 2335 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
It has a yellow brass bell which contributes to its high sound quality and a gold lacquer finish. This trumpet comprises new pistons, piston caps as well as buttons, so you don’t have to go shopping for parts. It has 3 well-positioned valves and weighs a comfortable 12.15 pounds.
The Yamaha YTR 2335 has a 0.459inch bore and an inclusive mouthpiece and produces a B-flat tone. It wouldn’t be complete if it didn’t come with its own case and all the necessary tools needed for playing and maintenance. Its third valve also has a trigger.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Yamaha YTR 2335 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
- This particular trumpet was designed and made with the help of trumpeters around the world.
- The two-piece, state of the art crafted bell ensures a vibrant and consistent tone production. It also promotes endurance.
- Its adjustable trigger at the third valve gives its user much-needed support while encouraging a natural hand position and playing technique.
- The third valve’s slide water key increases its playability and ease of use for beginners and intermediate trumpeters.
- The monel pistons, caps, and buttons prolong the trumpet’s longevity and increase the sound quality.
- It is considered lightweight, compact and its case allows portability.
- Has a high review rating.
- This instrument gives a sonorous and refined tonal quality.
- At $780 its price is a bit too high for the average beginner.
10. Bach TR300H2 American Student Trumpet
This guitar is as pricey as it is fine. At a staggering price of $960, you get to unlock the fullest potential of a trumpet.
Although the price hints otherwise, this is indeed a student trumpet, and whoever wields it has a very high advantage over others. You can expect its features to be significantly better than the rest and its tone to be more refined considering its price. Here are some of its features.
Below are some of the features of the Bach TR300H2 American Student Trumpet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
Manufacturers designed this trumpet to aid the student in making music rather than being lost in trying to maneuver it, hence you can say it is remarkably easy to use. It is made from red brass of very high quality and weighs a comfortable 6.8pounds.
Monel metal piston valves, which are precision made, are present in which one operates. It also has bracing reinforcements. Its case is double-walled, providing a cushion for the trumpet as well as ample storage space, and a shoulder strap for easy carriage.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Bach TR300H2 American Student Trumpet that earned it a spot in our list of Best Beginner Trumpet to get in 2021.
- Its red brass characteristic property for its lead pipe with its yellow brass bell contribute to a highly refined and pure tone.
- The Bach TR300H2 has a significant lacquer finish which promotes its signature warm sound.
- Its third ring slide is adjustable and this promotes its handling and user playability.
- The trumpet’s case is sturdy and well-cushioned to ensure the safety of the trumpet while providing ample storage space for accessories.
- This case is also segmented and has a section for the trumpet’s mouthpiece.
- This trumpet provides the ability for noiseless operations.
- It is very durable and can last for more than 5 years while maintaining the same tone quality.
- It is very pricey.
- Its pistons are made of stainless steel, which is very effective but is not durable.
Now that we have established the top 10 trumpets you can use as a beginning or student trumpeter, which are undoubtedly the best choices on the market today, let’s give you a little bonus information.
As a beginner, you may not know the trumpet specifications to look out for or what they mean and this may leave you confused. Not to worry, join us as we go through the features of a trumpet that guarantee its durability and sound quality.
Best Beginner Trumpet: What To Consider
- Water key (to drain saliva when blowing)
- Warranty (the longer the warranty period, the greater its durability)
- Type of finish (it helps protect the trumpet)
- Trumpet valves (most have 3, few have 4)
- Bell shape (for the right sound projection)
With this information, you know exactly what to look out for to get the trumpet that works best for you.
📗FAQ’s on Best Beginner Trumpet
Below are a couple of queries on Best Beginner Trumpet that everyone is expecting to answer and I did include the same for my readers.
How much does a beginner trumpet cost?
Beginner trumpets frequently range in cost from $400 to $1,100
Are trumpets hard to learn?
In some ways, the trumpet is easy to play
How much does a good quality trumpet cost?
Depend on the seller, but it will be around $1000-$1700
How much is a pocket trumpet?
Prices range from about US$120 to US$5000
Finding the trumpet that resonates with the exact tone you are looking for may be somewhat difficult if you are a beginner. You’ll need to know the different types of trumpets available, the specifications, and what each feature means just so you make the right purchase to propel your skills.
Luckily, having gone through this piece you won’t need to conduct further research. We’ve outlined the best 10 trumpets for beginners according to price range, features, advantages, and disadvantages. We encourage you to blow your trumpet, but first, choose your weapon.