Technology has taken a different turn in the current century. It has played a more significant role in enhancing our recreational activities. The word “music” had a different meaning in the period before the 21st century.
Earlier, people used to praise or focus on traditional methods of listening to music such as radio, concerts, etc. But thanks to technology, we can now choose to listen to any type of music through a single button.
Currently, we have different types of mediums for listening to music, such as smartphones, televisions, earphones, headphones, etc. Headphones and earphones have played a significant role in transforming the way of listening to music.
Today, we have different types of headphones available in the market. People or customers can choose their music-listening devices in the offline or online market. One such type of headphones is the bone conduction headphone.
So, the question arises – What is a bone conduction headphone? Have you ever heard about the particular genre of headphones? If you are a music lover, you must have come across the term mentioned above. First, let us discuss the particular type of headphones.
As the name of the particular type of headphone suggests, it has some links to the bones of our body. The headphones work on the base of a fantastic concept.
You will be amazed to know that sound can also travel through our bones apart from various mediums. The headphones are quite popular in the market because it is evident that sound travels better through a body’s bones.
Isn’t it exciting? The working mechanism of earphones is no longer limited to specific theories only. Many customers have also claimed that the particular headphones work better than any other headphones in the market.
Most of the major brands of the world have started manufacturing such headphones. Within a few years, bone conduction earphones have managed to gain immense popularity in the market and music world.
You can find some of the best bone conduction headphones in both online and offline markets. Moreover, the working mechanism of the headphones is also unusual. Let us discuss it further.
How does a bone conduction earphone work?
Over the years, many researchers have found a useful mode of transmitting external sound or music to our brains. It is an excellent achievement in the field of science and technology. The process of sound transmission is as follows:
- a) When we switch on the music, it emits sound through the headphones.
- b) This sound is a result of the sound waves. Then, the sound waves emitted from the headphones affect the bone of the brain. The particular bones then start to vibrate.
- c) It is further transmitted or sent to the cochlea.
- d) Then, electrical impulses are generated from the cochlea.
- e) Those impulses are further transmitted to our brain through the path of auditory nerves.
One of the most exciting parts of the particular headphones is that the sound our brain receives through them is quite similar to the sound our ears hear.
Does that sound quite fascinating to you? Now, you can imagine how much technology has helped us for our recreational purposes.
You might be wrong if you think technology can only be used to relax and listen to music. You will also be glad to know that the specific technology has proved to be helpful to many people suffering from hearing impairments.
However, as we know, there are advantages and disadvantages of any kind of electronic item that we use in our daily lives. The bone conduction headphones also follow the same guidelines.
Let us discuss some of the pros and cons of bone conduction below.
Pros of Using Bone Conduction Headphones
1. Sense of Situational Awareness
You must have noticed one common thing while using other headphones or earphones. You get cut off from the rest of the world. You fail to realize what is going on or happening around you. But you won’t face the same problem with bone conduction headphones.
These headphones won’t cover your ears. So, you can easily listen to any kind of thing happening around you. You will have better situational awareness. So, you can wear it anywhere or in any busy place or market.
2. More Comfortable Fit
Most of us have used other forms of headphones or earphones. However, once you start using bone conduction headphones, you can find that they are more comfortable than the different devices.
The earbuds of traditional earphones hurt after some time. But, the same won’t happen with any bone conduction headphones. It will give you a different experience.
3. Unique Listening Experience
As discussed earlier, you can be connected to external and device sounds through a particular type of headphones. In this way, you can also admire the music of nature. You will feel that the music is playing through your veins. Isn’t it exciting?
4. Medical Assistance
Healthy people love playing music and enjoying them for relaxation purposes. Think about the individuals who have problems with hearing. How will they manage to reach out to music? The bone conduction headphone acts as a boon for those people. They can easily taste the flavor of music, just like any reasonable human being.
Cons of Using Bone Conduction Headphones
1. Cellular Damage
Though there are many advantages of bone conduction headphones, there are many disadvantages too.
As per the reports of some scientists from different parts of the world, extensive use of particular headphones can damage cells. It can affect the cochlea cells and result in the loss of hearing.
2. Sound Quality
Some customers worldwide have complaints regarding the quality of sound produced by specific headphones. The reason may be the different mediums used to transmit music sound.
However, you can rely on some of the best bone conduction headphones available on the market. We will discuss them further in the article.
Cost is another factor of disadvantage that can be considered in the case of bone conduction headphones. The headphones mentioned above arrive at a very high price in the market. Somewhere, the value for money factor comes into the picture.
Many people are unable to afford them. The high cost is one of the major factors leading to reducing bone conduction headphones’ customer base.
Best Bone Conduction Headphones – Our Pick👌
In the above part of the article, we learned many aspects of bone conduction headphones. We also learned about its working mechanism.
Do you want to buy one of them? Are you getting excited? So, what are we waiting for? Let us discuss some of the best bone conduction headphones available on the market.
1. Phaiser BHS-530 – Best ear bone conduction headphones
The first product we would like to include on our list of best bone conduction headphones is the Phaiser BH-530. You must have come across this product if you are a great lover of music and technology.
It is one of the most searched headphones by customers in its category. Let us know more about a particular product.
The brand “Phaiser” is known for manufacturing and launching innovative earphones and headphones into the market. The particular company or organization has managed to create a massive base of users for its platform.
Phiaser BHS-530 is quite popular in the market for its sweat-proof version. In addition to this, the specific headphone enables hands-free calling for its customers. This can help reduce the phone’s interference while working or running.
The headphone mentioned above is designed by professionals and some of the best engineers in the world. It won’t give you a chance to complain about its sound quality. Let us have a look at its pros and cons.
- a) The particular headphone is sweatproof. So, you can use it in any adverse condition also.
- b) You can easily switch from music to calls through this device.
- c) Moreover, the particular bone conduction headphone provides the facility of hands-free calling to its users. Isn’t it great?
- d) In addition to all of the above features, you can also use the option of a Wireless Bluetooth connection.
- e) It is more comfortable to wear and do your physical activities.
- a) The mic of the specific device fails somewhere to provide better audio clarity.
- b) After wearing the headphones mentioned above, you may feel uncomfortable near your head.
2. Mpow FLAME2 – Best waterproof bone conduction headphones for swimming
Let us move to the next item on our list of best bone conduction headphones. It is none other than the Mpow FLAME2. Does the name of the particular headphones sound exciting to you? Let us learn more about the bone conduction headphone mentioned above.
It is one of the most searched headphone markets in the online market. Moreover, it is also considered one of the best headphones available. The particular headphone has received many positive reviews and ratings from its users on many prominent platforms.
If you are a regular runner, then you must have come across the particular device. People who work out prefer to use a specific device.
Athletes get a chance to use quality sound emitted from the headphone mentioned above. The hearing experience is quite good here, and the music is vibrant.
It has Hi-Fi audio quality, and the device’s mic also works great. You can quickly get it on any online store. The comfort and fit of the specific headphone are better than any other headphones in its category. You can easily focus on work exercise or any other workout type using headphones.
Moreover, you will also find that the device has a great battery life and water resistance. You can wear it in any type of weather condition.
Let us discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of the bone conduction headphone mentioned above.
- a) The headphone is designed in such a way that it ensures a secured fit over your ears. It won’t create any problem for you.
- b) It is evident that the listening experience of the particular headphone is better when compared to many other headphones in the same category.
- c) The battery life of the specific headphone is superb. It gives 8 hours of battery backup. Isn’t it great?
- d) The Bluetooth compatibility of the device is also universal. You won’t find any problem connecting it to any device you use.
- a) The first disadvantage is that although the headphone’s battery life is good, it will fade with time. It may not give you a good battery backup after a specific period.
- b) Moreover, the headphones mentioned above may take longer to charge.
3. AfterShokz Titanium Bone Conduction Headphones
Now we move on to the third item or option, our list of best bone conduction headphones. We would like to include Aftershokz Trekz on our list.
The best bone conduction headphones are another big name in the market. Within a short period, the particular headphone has created vast popularity in the market.
You will be glad to know that it is one of the most trending headphones on many online shopping sites. The headphone mentioned above is better known for their lightweight design. Many users have already become fans of this product.
It is one of the best alternatives to traditional earphones. Again, like any quality headphone, the specific headphone provides excellent audio quality.
Though this product is more expensive than many other products in the same category, you can find its price worth its features and quality. The device is also durable.
It will last for many months and provide you with different listening experiences. Again, a Bluetooth connection is an added advantage to the headphone mentioned above. It also offers excellent resistance to water. Let us discuss its pros and cons.
- a) If you are going outside for work and wearing those headphones, it will be the right choice. This is because the particular headphone will provide better situational awareness than most of the headphones in the market.
- b) The Bluetooth connectivity is superb here.
- c) It has a high comfort fit. Moreover, it is durable, and you can use it for a longer duration of time.
- d) The audio experience is of a premium level. You won’t regret buying it.
- e) You will get 6 hours of battery life with these headphones.
- a) The music emitted from the particular bone conduction headphones can be heard by nearby people.
- b) Sometimes, it faces problems in working with the connection of any phone call.
4. Vidonn F1 Titanium Bone Conduction Headphones
The next item or headphones we would like to include on our list of best bone conduction headphones is the Vidonn F1 Titanium. It is one of the best items available in its category.
The specific headphone brand has a massive base of users. If you search for the item in the online market, you will realize that it has many positive ratings and reviews from its users and other critics.
If you are a lover of different types of adventurous sports, you can always prefer to wear specific headphones. It will provide you with an exceptional audio experience.
You can also smoothly go climbing the mountains with those headphones. They will stick to your ears and won’t fall, and you will get exceptional sound quality here.
Better comfort and fit are the other two significant features of the headphones mentioned above. It is also water-resistant. You can wear them anytime during the day. Let us now move to its pros and cons.
- a) You can freely exercise with those headphones as they are very comfortable. You won’t find any fitting problems with it.
- b) The noise cancellation feature of the headphone makes them unique in the market.
- c) The particular headphone has an open ear design. So, you can listen to music safely while doing your work.
- d) The battery life of the device is also superb. You can use it for up to 6 hours without any hassle.
- a) Although the headphone is quite comfortable, they might not get fit with some heads.
- b) Some of the users of the particular headphone may find an issue with the bass quality.
- c) Apart from all the things mentioned above, some customers have also faced problems with their battery life.
5. Trcode Bone Conduction Headphones – Best budget bone conduction headphones
Let’s move to another item on our list of best bone conduction headphones. We would like to include Trcode on our list.
It is another popular bone conduction headphone available in the market. The headphone brand is better known for its quality and durability. It has managed to gain a lot of users within a short period.
Most users have reported a particular product to be useful in its performance. This bone conduction headphone is one of the most stylish headphones available in the market. Many users prefer to buy a particular headphone because of its latest design.
If you think that headphone has reduced the quality of their performance due to their style, then you are wrong. Its sound quality is far better when compared with any ordinary headphones. It also blocks any kind of interference from the surroundings.
Moreover, it also provides better comfort. You can wear them during your exercise. It provides weather resistance to any type of adverse conditions. Don’t worry if you sweat.
It will work fine with it. It has also got a good charging life. Let us now have a look at its pros and cons.
- a) You will be glad to know that the device is break-resistant. So, we can conclude that the headphone is more durable than any other item on the market.
- b) The usage of the headphone mentioned above is versatile. Moreover, it provides a comfortable design and fits its customers.
- c) If you jog and run regularly, then it is the right piece of bone conduction headphones for you. You won’t regret buying it.
- d) The battery, once charged, keeps it alive for up to 7 hours.
- e) You will also be amazed to know that its playback time is up to 6 hours continuously.
- a) The first disadvantage of the particular headphone is that many users don’t find its size ideal.
- b) It has also had some fitting issues with many customers or buyers.
6. Pyle PSWBT550 – Best bone conduction headphones to wear with glasses
Let us move to another item on our list of best bone conduction headphones available in the market. It is Pyle PSWBT550.
If you are a music lover, you must have come across the bone conduction headphones mentioned above. It is another stylish headphone available for fitness enthusiasts.
It is both water and weather-resistant. Isn’t it great? You will get a premium fit with the headphone, and it has managed to create immense popularity among its users in the market. The side panel touch button is one of the prominent features of the particular headphone.
Most of the users get attracted to it because of this specific feature. It is trendy among sports enthusiasts. If you go jogging regularly, then it is one of the best options available in the market for you.
Moreover, it is lightweight in design. You can comfortably wear it anytime and anywhere without any hassle. Let us look at some of its pros and cons, which will help us understand its functions better.
- a) The device has an LED light fitted with it. Isn’t it exciting? What do you think? What is the need for LED light on a headphone? It helps you to connect it to any device without any hassle.
- b) Hands-free talking is another advantage provided to customers through these headphones. You can quickly answer your calls without facing any problems in connectivity.
- c) The charging time of the particular bone conduction headphone is quite fast. No matter how often you use the headphones, you can quickly charge them multiple times. You will be amazed to know that charging takes only four hours. It is better than most of the devices on the market.
- a) Again, like most of the headphones mentioned above, you will experience problems with their size.
- b) Some users have also raised issues about its reduced battery backup time.
7. Opta BH013 Titanium – Best Bluetooth bone conduction headphones
The next item we would like to include on our list of best bone conduction headphones is Opta BH013 Titanium. It is one of the most efficient bone conduction headphones available.
Within a short period, the particular headphone has managed to create a vast base of users for its product.
Though it has entered the electronics market recently, it has created immense popularity among its users. If you are a lover of bone conduction headphones, you must have come across the headphones mentioned above. The headphone arrives with a robust Bluetooth connectivity feature.
If you go through its reviews and ratings on many prominent platforms, you will find them very positive. The headphone provides an exceptional listening experience. It is made up of titanium alloy.
Moreover, its design is superb. You will fall in love with it. What else to say? It is a perfect fit for all kinds of sports enthusiasts. However, every bone conduction headphone has both advantages and disadvantages. Let us discuss some of the pros and cons below.
a) The process of sound transmission is perfect here. You can experience a crisp and clear sound with a particular headphone.
b) Its flexible design makes it unique among all other ordinary headphones available in the market. Because of its flexibility, it is more durable. You can use it without any hassle.
c) It is one of the lightest headphones in terms of weight available in the market.
d) It has got the right size. It perfectly fits over your ears without any problem.
a) The headphone mentioned above is quite sensitive. If you don’t take care of it, it breaks down quickly.
b) Though it is flexible in its design, many customers have found fitting issues with the specific headphone model.Check Price on Amazon
8. Bone Conduction Headphones Sunglasses Wireless
Let us move to the next item or device on our list of best bone conduction headphones to wear with glasses. It is none other than the Bonetech bone conduction headphone.
It is another popular bone conduction headphone available in its category. Most sports and music enthusiasts are quite familiar with the headphones mentioned above.
The brand has brought innovations to the world of headphones. Moreover, the particular headphone does not look like a normal one. It is in the shape of sunglasses. Or else you can say that you get sunglasses and headphones at a single price.
Does that sound exciting to you? Are you a regular runner? Besides that, do you also like to go with the latest trend? Then Bonetech bone conduction headphones are the perfect choice for you.
It will make you look stylish. Moreover, the black color of the headphone is an added advantage to its style. After being released into the market, the headphone managed to create a good craze among their users.
It works on batteries. Let us now shift our focus to some of the pros and cons of the bone conduction headphone mentioned above.
- a) The headphone is quite durable. Many customers have said they have used the particular headphones for a long time without hassle.
- b) It also gives an excellent performance. The sound quality emitted from the headphone mentioned above is superb. You can’t question that.
- c) It has different looks that are not equivalent to any other headphones on the market. You can wear it on every occasion.
- d) It also takes less time to get charged. So don’t worry if it charges out quickly.
- a) Though the particular headphone is in the shape of sunglasses, many customers find it inconvenient to wear them on their eyes.
- b) Many customers have also complained about the poor battery backup of the specific headphone.
9. Tekt – Open Ears Bone Conduction Headphone
The next option that we would like to include on our list of bone conduction headphones is none other than the Tekt. It is one of the popular headphones trending on the Amazon platform currently.
Many customers have already become fans of the headphones mentioned above. The headphone entered the market a few months ago. However, within a short period, it has managed to gain a lot of users for its products.
The wireless Bluetooth connection equipped with the particular device works superbly. It has managed to give fierce competition to the other players in the same arena.
The headphone arrives with beautiful packaging. It has also received many positive reviews and ratings from its users on many prominent platforms.
A 200mAh of battery is equipped with the headphone. The hands-free facility of the device works great. You will also be glad to know that the particular bone conduction headphones are durable. You can wear it during any type of work or exercise that you want to do. In addition to all the features mentioned above, it is also waterproof.
Most advanced features are equipped with the bone conduction headphone discussed above. This is one of the best bone conduction headphones available on the market.
Let us focus on the different pros and cons of Tekt bone conduction headphones.
- a) It has an excellent wireless range of 10m. Isn’t it great?
- b) The particular bone conduction headphone takes less time to charge. You will be amazed to know that it will take only two hours to charge fully. You don’t need to wait long hours for your headphones to get charged.
- c) In addition to all the pros mentioned above, the device also gives a playback time of 6 hours.
- d) It is lightweight and sweatproof. You can use it in any kind of adverse condition.
- a) Many customers have questioned the durability factor of the particular headphone. It breaks down in a shorter period when compared with other headphones on the market.
- b) Some of the customers also face problems with the sound quality of the bone conduction headphone mentioned above. It could have been better.
10. Mabron Mini – Best bone conduction headphones for swimming
Let us move to the last item on our list of best bone conduction headphones. We would like to include Mabron Mini on our list. The name of the particular headphone is interesting. The name consists of the word “mini” in it. What do you think? What does it mean?
It is one of the smallest bone conduction headphones available on the market. Due to its size and features, it has created a lot of craze among its users in the market.
Moreover, it has one of the best designs you have ever seen. Mabron Mini is a recent release in the market.
However, it did not fail to create immense popularity for its product. If you are a sports lover and like to own trendy gadgets, then it is the perfect choice. It is quite small and lightweight. You will find it very comfortable to wear.
The music quality of the headphone mentioned above won’t disappoint you. So, what are you waiting for? If you are in search of a good bone conduction headphone, then don’t fail to reach out to this headphone.
However, before that, let us have a look at its several pros and cons. They are mentioned below.
- a) It works well in any kind of noisy environment. Don’t worry if you are in any busy market. You can easily use particular headphones to listen to music or answer calls in any working environment.
- b) It has a good quality microphone. As a result, the hands-free calls are superb. You can easily recognize the power on and power off buttons here.
- c) The intelligent voice prompt feature makes it unique among all other bone conduction headphones on the market.
- d) The battery life is also quite good on this device.
- a) Many customers have reported that it takes long hours to get charged.
- b) Many customers have also said that the particular device creates a fit issue for their heads.
We have studied some of the best bone conduction headphones available. You must have gained adequate knowledge of different bone conduction headphones by now.
Let us now look at various FAQs related to the particular topic.
Which bone conduction headphones have the best sound?
The top bone conduction earphones include Shokz Openrun Pro, Shokz Openswim, Shokz Openrun, Youthwhisper bone conduction earphones, and Acreo Openbuds.
Are bone conduction earphones worth it?
If you have an impaired hearing ability, there are many wireless and true wireless buds to better the audio quality. If you have an issue with hearing loss, bone conduction earphones can be significant.
Is bone conduction better than headphones?
Headphones are likely to perform bone conduction. It is because the immersive sound and playback quality gives headphones an edge. One cannot get the same stereo imaging with bone conduction as the traditional earbuds.
Which AfterShokz is best?
AfterShokz Aeropex is one of the best. AfterShokz has proved to be dominating in the bone conduction headphone industry. The latest model, Aeropex, has a quality sound compared to other models.
What is the difference between Shokz and AfterShokz?
Shokz is the officially renamed version of AfterShokz. The purpose is to create a more robust and crisp name that is easier to remember. The title will be more easily spread among the enthusiasts and promote open-ear listening.
Can AfterShokz damage your hearing?
Some people claim that bone conduction earphones do not risk hearing loss. The actual damage is caused due to the wear on the cochlea in the inner ear.
Can a deaf person hear with bone conduction?
People with conductive hearing loss have a chance to hear with the help of bone conduction. Many people wear bone conduction for hearing aid.
Can you wear glasses with bone conduction headphones?
Yes, you can wear glasses with bone conduction and be comfortable. You can put them in any order, headphones first or glasses first, and they will work fine.
What are the disadvantages of bone conduction headphones?
Bone conduction can be pricy for some. You will need to charge them regularly; others can easily hear what you hear. Some models offer a lower sound quality.
Do bone conduction headphones have speakers?
Bone conduction earphones do not rely on speakers like regular ones. They use transducers to vibrate the skull or, precisely, the cheekbones. The vibrations, with the help of cochlea, get translated into sound.
Are bone conduction headphones perfect?
If you are considering the quality of the sound, then they may not meet up to your expectations. This is because they follow a different working principle, different from all other headphones on the market.
But it is helpful for people having problems listening. The headphone mentioned above is a boon for them.
Are the headphones better for your ears?
The answer to the above question is yes. It is quite safe to use those headphones over your ears. Just because it works on the concept of sound transmission through your bones, you need not worry about its effects on your ears or eardrums.
It is believed that bone conduction headphones are safer than conventional headphones.
Is it okay to swim while wearing those headphones?
Though it is mentioned on most of the bone conduction headphones that they are waterproof, it is not recommended to wear them and swim. Water may act as a factor of interference between sound and your brain.
It will affect the quality of the sound of the bone conduction headphone. Always try to use those headphones in a safe environment without causing much harm to them.
Technology has gifted us with many things, such as computers, smartphones, TVs, etc. Music is another domain where technology has marked its presence. The bone conduction headphone is one of the greatest innovations of technology.
We have studied some of the best bone conduction headphones available. Apart from it, we also discussed different types of advantages and disadvantages of using bone conduction headphones.
As we all know, every electronic gadget has both pros and cons. Remember to use those headphones efficiently. If you are a fitness enthusiast, those headphones will do an excellent job providing energy through music. What are you waiting for? Go and grab your favorite bone conduction headphone now.