Technology has taken a different turn in the current century. It has played a more significant role in enhancing our recreational activities. The word “music” had a different meaning in the period before the 21st century.
Earlier, people used to praise or focus on traditional methods of listening to music such as radio, concert, etc. But thanks to technology, we can now choose to listen to any type of music through a single button.
Currently, we have different types of medium for listening to music such as smartphones, televisions, earphones, headphones, etc. Headphones and earphones have played a significant role in the transformation of the way of listening to music.
Today, we have different types of headphones available in the market. People or customers get a variety of options for choosing their music-listening devices in the offline or online market. One of such types of headphones is the bone conduction headphone.
So, the question arises – What is a bone conduction headphone? Have you ever heard about the particular genre of headphones? If you are a music lover, then you must have come across the term mentioned above. At first, let us discuss the particular type of headphone.
As the name of the particular type of headphone suggests, it has some links to the bones of our body. The headphones work on the base of a fantastic concept.
You will be amazed to know that apart from various mediums, sound can also travel through our bones. The headphones are quite popular in the market because it is evident that sound travels better through a body’s bones.
Isn’t it exciting? The working mechanism of earphones is no longer limited to specific theories only. Many customers have also claimed that the particular headphones work better than any other headphones in the market.
Most of the major brands of the world have started manufacturing such headphones. Within a few years, bone conduction earphones have managed to gain immense popularity in the market and music world.
You can find some of the best bone conduction headphones in both online and offline markets. Moreover, the working mechanism of the headphones is also unusual. Let us discuss it further.
How does a bone conduction earphone work?
Over the years, many researchers have found a useful mode of transmitting the external sound or music to our brains. It is an excellent achievement in the field of science and technology. The process of sound transmission is as follows:
- a) When we switch on the music, it emits sound through the headphones.
- b) This sound is a result of the sound waves. Then, the sound waves being emitted from the headphones affect the bone of the brain. The particular bones then start to vibrate.
- c) It is further transmitted or sent to the cochlea.
- d) Then, electrical impulses are generated from the cochlea.
- e) Those impulses are further transmitted to our brain through the path of auditory nerves.
One of the most exciting parts of the particular headphone is that the sound received by our brain through it is quite similar to the sound heard by our ears.
Does that sound quite fascinating to you? Now, you could imagine the extent to which technology has helped us for our recreational purposes.
You might be wrong if you think that technology can only be used for relaxing and listening to music. You will also be glad to know that the specific technology has proved to be helpful to many people suffering from hearing impairments.
However, as we know, there are advantages and disadvantages of any kind of electronic item that we use in our daily lives. The bone conduction headphones also follow the same guidelines.
Let us discuss some of the pros and cons of bone conduction below.
Pros of Using Bone Conduction Headphones
1. Sense of Situational Awareness
You must have noticed one common thing while using other types of headphones or earphones. You get cut off from the rest of the world. You fail to realize what is going on or happening around you. But you won’t face the same problem in case of bone conduction headphones.
These headphones won’t cover your ears. So, you can easily listen to any kind of thing happening around yourself. You will have better situational awareness. So, you can wear it anywhere or in any busy place or market.
2. More Comfortable Fit
Most of us have used other forms of headphones or earphones. However, once you start using bone conduction headphones, you can find that they are more comfortable in comparison to the different types of devices. The earbuds of traditional earphones hurt after some time. But, the same won’t happen with any bone conduction headphone. It will give you a different experience.
3. Unique Listening Experience
As discussed earlier, through the particular type of headphone, you can be connected with both external and device sounds. In this way, you can also admire the music of nature. You will feel that the music is playing through your veins. Isn’t it exciting?
4. Medical Assistance
Healthy people love playing music and enjoying them for relaxation purposes. Think about the individuals who have problems in hearing. How will they manage to reach out to music? The bone conduction headphone acts as a boon for those people. They can easily taste the flavor of music, just like any reasonable human being.
Cons of Using Bone Conduction Headphones
1. Cellular Damage
Though there are many advantages of bone conduction headphones, there are many disadvantages too.
As per the reports of some scientists from different parts of the world, extensive use of the particular types of headphones can lead to the damage of cells. It can affect the cochlea cells and result in the loss of hearing.
2. Sound Quality
Some of the customers worldwide have complaints regarding the quality of sound produced by the specific headphones. The reason may be the different types of medium used for the transmission of music sound.
However, you can rely on some of the best bone conduction headphones available in the market. We will discuss them further in the article.
Cost is another factor of disadvantage that can be considered in the case of bone conduction headphones. The headphones mentioned above arrive at a very high price in the market. Somewhere, the value for money factor comes into the picture.
Many people are unable to afford them. The high cost is one of the major factors leading to the reduction of bone conduction headphones’ customer base.
Best Bone Conduction Headphones: Our Pick 👌
In the above part of the article, we got to know many aspects of bone conduction headphones. We also learned about its working mechanism.
Do you want to buy one of them? Are you getting excited? So, what are we waiting for? Let us discuss some of the best bone conduction headphones available in the market.
1. Phaiser BHS-530
The first product that we would like to include on our list of best bone conduction headphones is none other than the Phaiser BH-530. If you are a great lover of both music and technology, then you must have unquestionably come across this product.
It is one of the most searched headphones by the customers in its category. Let us know more about a particular product.
The brand “Phaiser” is known for manufacturing and launching innovative earphones and headphones into the market. The particular company or organization has managed to create a massive base of users for its platform.
Phiaser BHS-530 is quite popular in the market for its sweat-proof version. In addition to this, the specific headphone enables hands-free calling for its customers. This can help to reduce the interference of the phone while doing any work or running.
The headphone mentioned above is designed by professionals and some of the best engineers in the world. It won’t give you a chance to complain against its sound quality. Let us have a look at its pros and cons.
- a) The particular headphone is sweat proof. So, you can use it in any adverse condition also.
- b) You can easily switch from music to calls through this device.
- c) Moreover, the particular bone conduction headphone provides the facility of hands-free calling to its users. Isn’t it great?
- d) In addition to all of the above features, you can also use the option of Wireless Bluetooth connection.
- e) It is more comfortable in wearing and doing your physical activities.
- a) The mic of the specific device fails somewhere to provide better audio clarity.
- b) After you wear the headphone mentioned above, you may feel a bit uncomfortable near your head portion.
2. Mpow FLAME2
Let us move to the next item on our list of best bone conduction headphones. It is none other than the Mpow FLAME2. Does the name of the particular headphone sound exciting to you? Let us learn more about the bone conduction headphone mentioned above.
It is one of the most searched headphone markets in the online market. Moreover, it is also considered as one of the best headphones available in the market. The particular headphone has received many positive reviews and ratings from its users on many prominent platforms.
If you are a regular runner, then you must have definitely come across the particular device. People who work out prefer to use a specific device.
Athletes get a chance to use quality sound emitted from the headphone mentioned above. The hearing experience is quite good here, and the music is vibrant.
It has Hi-Fi audio quality, and the mic of the device also works great. You can quickly get it on any online store. The comfort and fit provided the specific headphone is quite better than any other headphone in its category. You can easily focus on work exercise or any other type of working out by using the headphone.
Moreover, you will also find that the device has a great battery life along with resistivity to water. You can wear it in any type of weather conditions.
Let us discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of the bone conduction headphone mentioned above.
- a) The headphone is designed in such a way that it ensures a secured fit over your ears. It won’t create any problem for you.
- b) It is evident that the listening experience of the particular headphone is better when compared to many other headphones in the same category.
- c) The battery life of the specific headphone is superb. It gives 8 hours of battery backup. Isn’t it great?
- d) The Bluetooth compatibility of the device is also universal. You won’t find any problem in connecting it to any device that you use.
- a) The first disadvantage is that although the battery life of the headphone is good, it will fade away with time. It may not give you good battery backup after a specific period of time.
- b) Moreover, the headphones mentioned above may take a longer time to charge sometimes.
3. AfterShokz Titanium Bone Conduction Headphones
Now we move on the third item or option our list of best bone conduction headphones. We would like to include Aftershokz Trekz on our list.
It is another big name in the market of best bone conduction headphones. Within a short span of time, the particular headphone has managed to create vast popularity in the market.
You will be glad to know that it is one of the most trending headphones on many online shopping sites. The headphone mentioned above is better known for its lightweight design. Many users have already become fans of this product.
In fact, it is one of the best alternatives to traditional or conventional earphones. Again, just like any quality headphone, the specific headphone provides excellent audio quality.
Though this product is more expensive than many other products in the same category, you can find the price of the product worth its features and quality. The device is also durable.
It will last for many months and provide you different listening experiences. Again, Bluetooth connection is an added advantage to the above-mentioned headphone. It also offers an excellent resistivity to water. Let us discuss its pros and cons.
- a) If you are going outside for any work and wearing those headphones, then it will be the right choice for you. This is because the particular headphone will provide better situational awareness than most of the headphones in the market.
- b) The Bluetooth connectivity is superb here.
- c) It has a high comfort fit. Moreover, it is durable, and you can use it for a longer duration of time.
- d) The audio experience is of a premium level. You won’t regret buying it.
- e) You will get 6 hours of battery life with this headphone.
- a) The music being emitted from the particular bone conduction headphone can be heard to your nearby people.
- b) Sometimes, it faces problems in working with the connection of any phone call.
4. Vidonn F1 Titanium Bone Conduction Headphones
The next item or headphone that we would like to include on our list of best bone conduction headphones is none other than the Vidonn F1 Titanium. It is one of the best items available in its category.
The specific headphone brand has a massive base of users. If you search for the item in the online market, then you will realize that it has got many positive ratings and reviews from its users and other critics.
If you are a lover of different types of adventurous sports, then you can always prefer to wear specific headphones. It will provide you an exceptional audio experience.
You can also smoothly go for climbing the mountains with those headphones. They will stick to your ears and won’t fall down, and you will get exceptional sound quality here.
Better comfort and fit are the other two significant features of the headphones mentioned above. It is also water-resistant. You can wear them anytime during the day. Let us now move to its pros and cons.
- a) You can freely exercise with those headphones as they are very comfortable. You won’t find any fitting problems with it.
- b) The noise cancellation feature of the headphone makes it unique in the market.
- c) The particular headphone has an open ear design. So, you can listen to music safely while doing your work.
- d) The battery life of the device is also superb. You can use it for up to 6 hours without any hassle.
- a) Although the headphone is quite comfortable, it might not get fit with some heads.
- b) Some of the users of the particular headphone may find an issue with its quality of bass.
- c) Apart from all of the things mentioned above, some customers have also faced problems with its battery life.
5. Trcode Bone Conduction Headphones
Now, let us move to another item on our list of best bone conduction headphones. We would like to include Trcode on our list.
It is another popular bone conduction headphone available in the market. The headphone brand is better known for its quality and durability. It has managed to gain a lot of users within a short span of time.
Most of the users have reported a particular product to be quite useful in its performance. This bone conduction headphone is one of the most stylish headphones available in the market. In fact, many users prefer to buy a particular headphone because of its latest design.
If you think that the headphone has reduced the quality in its performance due to its style, then you are wrong. Its sound quality is far better when compared with any ordinary headphone. It also blocks any kind of interference from the surroundings.
Moreover, it also provides better comfort. You can wear them during your exercise. It provides weather resistance for any type of adverse conditions. Don’t worry if you sweat.
It will work fine with it. It has also got a good charging life. Let us now have a look at its pros and cons.
- a) You will be glad to know that the particular device is break-resistant. So, we can conclude that the headphone is more durable than any other item in the market.
- b) The usage of the headphone mentioned above is versatile. Moreover, it provides a comfortable design and fit its customers.
- c) If you jog and run regularly, then it is the right piece of bone conduction headphone for you. You won’t regret buying it.
- d) The battery, once charged, keeps it alive up to 7 hours.
- e) You will also be amazed to know that its playback time is up to 6 hours continuously.
- a) The first disadvantage of the particular headphone is that many users don’t find its size to be an ideal one.
- b) Moreover, it has also got some fitting issues with many customers or buyers.
6. Pyle PSWBT550 Bluetooth Bone Conduction Headphones
Let us move to another item on our list of best bone conduction headphones available in the market. It is Pyle PSWBT550.
If you are a music lover, then you must have definitely come across the bone conduction headphone mentioned above. It is another stylish headphone available for fitness enthusiasts.
It is both water and weather resistant. Isn’t it great? You will get a premium fit with the headphone, and it has managed to create immense popularity among its users in the market. Side panel touch button is one of the prominent features of the particular headphone.
Most of the users get attracted to it because of this specific feature. It is trendy among sports enthusiasts. If you go jogging regularly, then it is one of the best options available in the market for you.
Moreover, it is lightweight in design. You can comfortably wear it anytime and anywhere without any hassle. Let us have a look at some of its pros and cons, which will help us to understand its functions better.
- a) The device has an LED light fitted with it. Isn’t it exciting? What do you think? What is the need for LED light on a headphone? It helps you to connect it to any device without any hassle.
- b) Hands-free talking is another advantage provided to the customers through this headphone. You can quickly answer your calls without facing any problem in connectivity.
- c) The charging time of the particular bone conduction headphone is quite fast. No matter how many times you use the headphone, you can quickly charge it multiple times. You will be amazed to know that it takes only four hours to charge. It is better than most of the devices in the market.
- a) Again, like most of the headphones mentioned above, you will experience problems with its size.
- b) Some users have also raised issues about its reduced battery backup time.
7. Opta BH013 Titanium
The next item that we would like to include on our list of best bone conduction headphones is Opta BH013 Titanium. It is one of the most efficient bone conduction headphones available in the market.
Within a short span of time, the particular headphone has managed to create a vast base of users for its product.
Though it has entered the electronics market recently, it has created immense popularity among its users. If you are a lover of bone conduction headphones, then you must have definitely come across the headphone mentioned above. The headphone arrives with a robust Bluetooth connectivity feature.
If you go through its reviews and ratings on many prominent platforms, then it will find them to be very positive. The headphone provides an exceptional listening experience. It is made up of titanium alloy.
Moreover, its design is superb. You will fall in love with it. What else to say? It is a perfect fit for all kinds of sports enthusiasts. However, every bone conduction headphone has both advantages and disadvantages. Let us discuss some of the pros and cons below.
a) The process of sound transmission is perfect here. You can experience a crisp and clear sound with a particular headphone.
b) Its flexible design makes it unique among all other ordinary headphones available in the market. Because of its flexibility, it is more durable. You can use it without any hassle.
c) It is one of the lightest headphones in terms of weight available in the market.
d) It has got the right size. It perfectly fits over your ears without any problem.
a) The headphone mentioned above is quite sensitive. If you don’t take care of it, then it breaks down quickly.
b) Though it is flexible in its design, many customers have found fitting issues with the specific headphone model.
8. Bone Conduction Headphones Sunglasses Wireless
Let us move to the next item or device on our list of best bone conduction headphones. It is none other than the Bonetech bone conduction headphone.
It is another popular bone conduction headphone available in its category. Most sports and music enthusiasts are quite familiar with the headphones mentioned above.
The brand has brought new innovation in the world of headphones. Moreover, the particular headphone does not look like a normal one. It is in the shape of sunglasses. Or else you can say that you get both sunglasses and headphones at a single price.
Does that sound exciting to you? Are you a regular runner? Apart from that, do you also like to go with the latest trend? Then Bonetech bone conduction headphones are the perfect choice for you.
It will make you look stylish. Moreover, the black color of the headphone is an added advantage to its style. After being released into the market, the headphone managed to create a good craze among its users.
It works on batteries. Let us now shift our focus to some of the pros and cons of the bone conduction headphone mentioned above.
- a) The headphone is quite durable. Many customers have stated that they have used the particular headphone for a long time without any hassle.
- b) It also gives an excellent performance. The sound quality emitted from the headphone mentioned above is superb. You can’t question that.
- c) It has got different looks which are not equivalent to any other headphone in the market. You can wear it on every occasion.
- d) It also takes less time to get charged. So don’t worry if it charges out quickly.
- a) Though the particular headphone is in the shape of sunglasses, many customers find it inconvenient to wear it on their eyes.
- b) Many customers have also complained about the poor battery backup of the specific headphone.
9. Tekt – Open Ears Bone Conduction Headphone
The next option that we would like to include on our list of bone conduction headphones is none other than the Tekt. It is one of the popular headphones trending on the Amazon platform currently.
In fact, many customers have already become fans of the headphones mentioned above. The headphone entered the market a few months ago. However, within a short period of time, it has managed to gain a lot of users for its products.
The wireless Bluetooth connection equipped with the particular device works superbly. It has managed to give fierce competition to the other players in the same arena.
The headphone arrives with beautiful packaging. It has also got many positive reviews and ratings from its users on many prominent platforms.
A 200mAh of battery is equipped with the headphone. The hands-free facility of the device works great. You will also be glad to know that the particular bone conduction headphone is quite durable. You can wear it during any type of work or exercise that you want to do. In addition to all the features mentioned above, it is also waterproof.
Most of the advanced features are equipped with the bone conduction headphone discussed above. This is definitely one of the best bone conduction headphones available in the market.
Let us shift our focus to different pros and cons of Tekt bone conduction headphones.
- a) It has got an excellent wireless range, which is 10m. Isn’t it great?
- b) The particular bone conduction headphone takes less time to charge. You will be amazed to know that it will take only two hours to get fully charged. You don’t need to wait for long hours for your headphones to get charged.
- c) In addition to all the pros mentioned above, the device also gives a playback time of 6 hours.
- d) It is lightweight and sweatproof. You can use it in any kind of adverse condition.
- a) Many customers have questioned the durability factor of the particular headphone. It is evident that it breaks down in a shorter period of time when compared with other headphones in the market.
- b) Some of the customers also face problems with the sound quality of the bone conduction headphone mentioned above. It could have been better.
10. Mabron Mini
Let us move to the last item on our list of best bone conduction headphones. We would like to include Mabron Mini on our list. The name of the particular headphone is interesting. The name consists of the word “mini” in it. What do you think? What does it mean?
It is one of the smallest bone conduction headphones available in the market. Due to its size and features, it has managed to create a lot of craze among its users in the market.
Moreover, it has got one of the best designs that you have ever come across. Mabron Mini is a recent release into the market.
However, it did not fail in creating immense popularity for its product among the people. If you are a lover of sports and like to own trendy gadgets, then it is the perfect choice for you. It is quite small and lightweight. You will find it very comfortable to wear.
The music quality of the headphone mentioned above won’t disappoint you. So, what are you waiting for? If you are in search of a good bone conduction headphone, then don’t fail to reach out to this headphone.
However, before that, let us have a look at its several pros and cons. They are mentioned below.
- a) It works well in any kind of noisy environment. Don’t worry if you are in any busy market. You can easily use the particular headphone to listen to music or answer calls in any kind of working surroundings.
- b) It has a good quality microphone. As a result, the hands-free calls are superb. You can easily recognize the power on and power off button here.
- c) The intelligent voice prompt feature makes it unique among all other bone conduction headphones in the market.
- d) The battery life is also quite good on this device.
- a) Many customers have reported that it takes long hours to get charged.
- b) Apart from this, many customers have also said that the particular device creates a fit issue for their heads.
Till now, we studied some of the best bone conduction headphones available in the market. By now, you must have gained adequate knowledge of different types of bone conduction headphones. Let us now have a look at various FAQs related to the particular topic.
📗Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are bone conduction headphones perfect?
If you are considering the quality of the sound, then they may not meet up to your expectations. This is because they follow a different principle or mechanism of working, which is different from all other headphones in the market.
But it is helpful for people having problems in listening. In fact, the headphone mentioned above is a boon for them.
2. Are the headphones better for your ears?
The answer to the above question is yes. It is quite safe to use those headphones over your ears. Just because it works on the concept of sound transmission through your bones, you need not worry about its effects over your ears or eardrums.
In fact, it is believed that the bone conduction headphones are safer than conventional headphones.
3. Is it okay to swim while wearing those headphones?
Though it is mentioned on most of the bone conduction headphones that they are waterproof, it is not recommended to wear them and swim. Water may act as a factor of interference between the sound and your brain.
It will definitely affect the quality of the sound of the bone conduction headphone. Always try to use those headphones in a safe environment without causing much harm to them.
Technology has gifted us with many things such as computers, smartphones, TVs, etc. Music is another domain where technology has marked its presence. The bone conduction headphone is one of the greatest innovations of technology.
Till now, we studied some of the best bone conduction headphones available in the market. Apart from it, we also discussed different types of advantages and disadvantages of using bone conduction headphones.
As we all know, every electronic gadget has both pros and cons. Remember to use those headphones efficiently. If you are a fitness enthusiast, then those headphones will do an excellent job for you by providing energy through music. What are you waiting for? Go and grab your favorite bone conduction headphone now.