Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Camera for Car Photography in 2021? 🤔 This article could help you in a better way.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 👓
Is this your first attempt at car photography or you’re already an established professional photographer and you’re looking to improve your photography gear? 🤔 If you’re either, then this is the review where you can find the best camera for car photography.
Photography is an age-long tradition of saving memories and expressing emotions. 🎎
From the time the very first snapshot was taken via a pinhole camera to the recent click of a pro-grade camera button, photography has always been about saving memories and expressing thoughts, feelings, and emotions.
And through the camera lens, photographers have continued the age-long tradition of capturing iconic images and sharing them with the world.
For you to indulge in capturing iconic images and shooting the perfect motion picture in a car, you require a camera that has powerful shooting capabilities. A camera with great shooting capacity will ensure that you produce the best image or motion picture result.
So, what is the sticking point behind getting a good camera for photography sessions?
- A good car camera will get you great shots that require minimal editing
- Pro-grade car cameras are designed to create the perfect shot for advanced editing
- Pro-grade car cameras have adjustable features that enable a photographer to capture the perfect shot
- A good car camera comes with the right gear to aid your shooting skills
- Well, it’s a pretty darn good bragging right to own a great car camera gear
This brief outline above pretty much describes why you need to make a switch to a new camera for your car photography sessions. Car photography sessions can be pretty difficult when you do not have the right camera for your project.
It’s just like going on a fishing expedition without a fishing rod or net, sounds pretty doesn’t it? This is why it is super important that you learn about the best camera for car photography.
Cars are a joy to look at, especially when you take a look at the stunning imagery produced by car photographers. These beautiful images are designed to influence car consumers to purchase the latest car models by car manufacturers.
Some car photographers make use of smartphones for capturing images of vehicles, this is pretty cool if you want to take a quick photo and share instantly to your social media following, however, a smartphone doesn’t do justice to the beauty of a car.
So, we dug deep and discovered that the best cameras for Car photography are Digital and DSLR cameras.
In this review, we will be discussing great cameras for car photography, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
Best Camera for car Photography: Our Top Picks
1. Fujifilm GFX 50S
Taking the top spot in this review is the Fuji GFX 50S. Fujifilm is one of the oldest camera manufacturers in the world.
Over the years, they have consistently produced cameras that are high end and result oriented. This is why this camera beast has a hefty price tag of $5000.
They are the best at doing what they do and they have consistently churned out great pro-grade cameras. If you appreciate a beautifully rendered outcome of the final car image offered by a mirror-less camera, then this camera should be on your bucket list.
One thing that struck our fancy was the lightweight nature of the Fujifilm GFX 50S. It adopts an aluminum alloy build that makes it super compact for the photographer to manipulate during photography sessions.
We also appreciate the 51.4 megapixels engineering slapped on this digital medium format bad boy, as it renders next to noiseless images while capturing the finest details of image edges in an indomitable fashion.
If you desire the best viewfinder in a pro-grade camera, then Fuji film’s GFX 50S is the next best thing to camera Utopia. The feeling you’ll get from using this camera set up is super orgasmic and it will leave your competition drooling over the steady awesomeness your images are going to consistently dish out!
An important feature that we feel Fujifilm should have incorporated into the GFX 50S is the speed factor during continuous shooting. Perhaps it’s part of the manufacturer’s marketing to leave this one out, however, we feel that there should be some major upgrade in this department in future model releases.
Below are some of the features of the Fujifilm GFX 50S that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for car Photography to get in 2021.
- The body of the camera is built with aluminum alloy and this makes the unit lightweight and compact
- It has a 51.4 MP CMOS sensor that measures 43.8mm x 32.9mm
- Extractable 3.69M-dot organic EL electronic viewfinder
- The g mount system is extremely durable and it has a wide diameter
- It is a mirror-less medium format camera
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Fujifilm GFX 50S that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for car Photography to get in 2021.
- When it comes to digital medium format cameras, this is the cheapest in the market
- The image renders on this camera are superior quality RAW and JPEG formats
- The ISO work rate is up to 12,800
- You can conveniently extract the viewfinder
- The rotating touch screen is packed with high touch sensitivity
- Dual memory card slots that support UHS-ii SDXC
- A drawback of this super cool camera is an alarming poor battery life
- The continuous shooting feature of this camera is rather slow
The Fujifilm GFX 50S is every photographer’s dream camera. We fell in love with this gadget the moment we unboxed and carried out our review of this product.
This camera isn’t cheap, so you must have a pretty hefty budget to own one. However, the rewards of owning this camera are far-reaching and it is a great camera for modern photography.
This camera comes highly recommended by us for photography enthusiasts seeking to shoot the perfect picture.
2. Sony A7R III
If you’re a fan of Sony pro-grade camera series, then this beast is the perfect device to capture iconic car imagery and cause some chatter in the photography community.
Coming in at the second spot, the Sony A7R III is a pretty heavy hitter in the camera game. It has a pretty hefty price tag of $3000, a great price range for the amazing specs this super cool gadget offers.
This Camera beast is fully charged with a dynamic range that’s pretty much the best in the camera market. With this bad boy, you’ve got a camera that is super good at taking perfect low light photography shots.
It shoots at an incredibly super speed of 10 frames per second, and it has a battery capacity that can easily compete with SLR cameras. Another stand out feature that’s widely sort after by photography gurus is how good the camera stabilizes during shots.
This camera has an inbuilt stabilizer that creates super stunning results and it’s every photographer’s dream gadget.
With this camera, you can purchase a variety of lenses that suits your shooting style, and we didn’t forget to mention that the resolution of this camera is in high definition.
It’s a compact mirrorless camera that’s super convenient to pack and take along with you on your photography journey.
If you’re into wildlife photography, then this camera is arguably your best buy, since you can conveniently shoot silently.
This silent shot system is ideal for still shots of animals in the wild. With this camera, you can capture iconic animal portraits without having to scare off your target through pesky clicking sounds.
Below are some of the features of the Sony A7R III that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for car Photography to get in 2021.
- With this camera, the user can shoot high-speed objects at 10fps, while the AF/AE tracking is continuous and accurate
- Behind the device, there’s the presence of an illuminated external 42.4 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor housing a gapless chip lens that is designed for more light reception
- You can conveniently operate this device at an average temperature ranging between 32 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 to 40 degrees Celsius
- The super-fast image processing speed of 1.8x is enabled by a BIONZ X processing engine
- This camera unit shoots High Definition 4k video quality
- It frequently runs updates to the firmware
- The focus control is embedded into the touchscreen
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Sony A7R III that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for car Photography to get in 2021.
- You can shoot super detailed shots at any dynamic range with this camera
- Presence of a touch screen monitor that can be adjusted to your viewing angle
- Presence of an autofocus feature that actively assists the user to take the perfect shot
- So far so good. With the testing this beast has undergone with us, we can comfortably say that we haven’t found any issues with it yet
If you’re a photography enthusiast that loves taking night time shots in the outdoors, then this camera is the perfect fit for you. Talk about a camera that’s compact and packs so many amazing features?
This camera is something out of a sci-fi movie and we couldn’t just pass up the opportunity to stick it in the number 1 spot in our review. And it comes in highly recommended by us.
3. Nikon D850
Car studio photography has just gotten better with the Nikon D850! If you’re a car studio photographer that appreciates detailed studio shots in ambient studio lighting, then you’ll fall in love with the Nikon D850.
Coming in at the third spot on our list is the beautifully crafted Nikon D850. The Nikon D850 is a true photographer’s companion with a price range of $2,796.95, which is much cheaper than the Sony A7R III. If you are looking to shave off a few extra dollars, then you should go for the Nikon D850.
At this price range, you’ll be getting a good camera with a pretty good autofocus mechanism. This DSLR camera is a stunning machine that is built to capture rapid action motion pictures in 45.7 MP.
In extremely low light conditions, this camera can autofocus down to a range of -4 EV. With the Nikon D850, you can also conveniently shoot at 16:9 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160) with the D850’s BSI CMOS sensor.
Below are some of the features of the Nikon D850 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for car Photography to get in 2021.
- Presence of a full-frame CMOS sensor that is illuminated at the backside
- High Definition 4.7 MP resolution, dynamic range, and there is no risk of encountering moiré
- Shoots at a continuous speed of up to 9fps in parallel with the Auto Focus
- It shoots time-lapse motion pictures up to Ultra 4K and 8K6
- You can tilt the touchscreen to your preferred shooting view, and the battery life performs admirably
- Presence of these file systems: PictBridge, DCF 2.0, and Exif 2.31
- It supports video recording at 4K ultra and you can shoot incredible slow-motion pictures in the range of 120fps at 1080p
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Nikon D850 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for car Photography to get in 2021.
- The D850 provides its user with a superior image result even when the threshold of the ISO is high
- The optical viewfinder is quite large
- Presence of an extended battery life
- The autofocus speed is super-fast and can capture motion picture at 9 fps
- The touch screen display flips into the viewer’s choice angle
- You can conveniently shoot slow-motion videos at 4K Ultra HD AND 8K
- There are some issues with the autofocus during Live View. This results in the unit acting unconventionally at a reduced pace
- The Snapbridge is rather shabby
Car photography enthusiasts that love shooting indoors or in the studio can opt for the Nikon D850. The ability of the camera to shoot 8K and 4K Ultra HD slow-motion videos makes it a fine tool for still photographers.
If you’re on a budget and you’re looking to buy a camera that is much cheaper than the Sony A7R III, then this is the perfect camera pick for you.
There are also provisions for lens variations that you can purchase to enhance the outcome of your shots. The additional lens feature can greatly improve the outcome of your photography sessions.
There are a couple of great additional lens accessories offered by Nikon, and with a comfortable budget you can pick them up from the manufacturer.
We recommend the Nikon D850 to photographers that enjoy shooting under low light and getting amazing stunning images that will stir up the emotions of their clients.
At the time of our research on “Best Camera for Car Photography”, we found a video about “19 Royal Tricks to Look Perfect in All Your Photos” which is worth watching.
4. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
Are you a fan of everything Canon? Then this super cool camera monster is the perfect car camera orgasm for you! Coming in at the fourth spot, the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV breaks all boundaries.
We got our very own camera and did the on the spot unboxing to discover what the rave about this device was, was it worth it? We think it does, anyways you can sample this review and make your final decision on the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV.
In our unboxing, we discovered that this device can shoot anything you throw at it, this is why we took time out to sample and review this adrenaline monster pumped up on a 30.4 MP full-frame CMOS sensor.
A perfect camera for shooting stunning car images, this camera is a photographer’s go-to device!
It shoots at an incredible 30.4 Mega Pixel, at this high pixel range, the detailed definition of your shots are certainly going to be crystal clear and vivid.
It comes in at a mid-range price for a DSLR camera at $2800 and it’s arguably a cheaper DSLR camera compared to the other hefty price tag in this review.
Another stand out feature of this camera is how well it transitions from shooting still images to motion pictures in a very instantaneous fashion.
Below are some of the features of the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for car Photography to get in 2021.
- It has a 30.4 MP full-frame CMOS sensor that captures multi-dynamic imagery
- Superfast continuous shooting speed up to 7.0 fps
- The Autofocus has a 61-point system that incorporates 41 cross points designed to create a vertical coverage expansion
- The monitor is an LCD touch screen
- It supports Ultra 4K HD recording at 24p or 30p, and the still frame can grab 8.8 MP images
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Canon EOS 5D Mark IV that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for car Photography to get in 2021.
- The controls on the touch screen and highly advanced
- An extremely fast and highly sensitive autofocus system
- When taking continuous shots, the shooting speed is very high
- Interconnectivity with other devices is seamless and this is aided by a Wi-Fi/NFC system and a GPS receiver
- A major drawback of this camera is that the touch control feature does not support multiple touches
- No support for SD UHS-II and CFast cards
- Video mode feels rather amateurish
One thing that stands out about this camera is that it is manufactured by Canon. Canon over the years has consistently produced camera gear that has been a fan favorite of photographers. With this Canon camera, you can capture breathtaking images under low-light conditions.
Some of the drawbacks that include a video mode that feels a little bit amateurish can take a little kick out of this one, however, our overall perception is that it’s a good camera setup and we recommend it as a cheaper option to Sony’s A7R III as it costs between $2500 and $2800.
5. Canon EOS Rebel T7i / Canon EOS 800D
The Canon EOS Rebel T7i is a super cool budget smart camera for amateurs. With a price range of $600 – $700 the Canon EOS 800D is the ideal camera for you if you’re looking to save up some extra dollars, purchase extra camera accessories, or take yourself out for a nice evening at the docks. Pretty rad right?
Coming in at the fifth spot on our list, the capacity and ability for this new-gen camera to bring out the hidden photography talents you may possess is awe-inspiring.
Canon incorporated a 24.2 MP CMOS (APS-C) sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor into this Camera. Both sensors work hand in hand to provide the user with colorful, vivid, and treasured images.
With this camera, you can conveniently shoot in low light conditions at an ISO range of 100 to 25600. The camera has a swivel touch screen display alongside support for HDR videos.
We’re not too confident with this camera since it is not really a high-end professional camera, however, the reason it takes the fourth spot is that it is budget-friendly and if you’re looking to make the switch from using camera phones to a real DSLR camera, then we’re pretty sure this device is the best route for you to go to brush up your skills in professional photography.
Below are some of the features of the Canon EOS 800D/Rebel T7i Digital SLR Camera that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for car Photography to get in 2021.
- It has a 24.2 MP CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- The Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth facilities are built-in
- Continuous super-fast shooting mode at up to 60 frames per second
- It has a color filtering system that filters primary RGB colors
- It has a Metering range of EV 1-20 at room temperature and ISO 100
Below is some of the Pros and Cons of Canon EOS 800D/Rebel T7i Digital SLR Camera that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for car Photography to get in 2021.
- It renders high-quality ISO images at 3200
- The touchscreen display has a swivel engineering design
- Relatively larger buffer rate
- During live view, there are 35 autofocus points
- For amateurs looking to learn photography basics, there’s an on-screen assistant built into the interface
- In the viewfinder, it’s impossible to select the point for autofocusing
- It doesn’t provide a broad image coverage
We recommend this camera for people that are trying to make the switch from shooting images with camera phones to shooting with a DSLR camera.
In reality, it’s an amateur camera and we wouldn’t recommend it for professionals.
We’re pretty sure that professionals who shoot with this camera are going to find it difficult to maintain some level of professional consistency, this is why we think that for professionals there are better options.
However, if you’re an amateur, this is the perfect low budget camera to discover your hidden photography skills.
There are so many cameras on the market that could easily have made this list, but in creating the content of this list we took a look at the camera build, pixel, sensors, price, features, touch screen, ISO, continuous shooting, and a host of other criteria to identify these 5 cameras.
There are some pretty expensive cameras in this review and some extremely cheap ones, it all depends on your budget and the kind of car photography you’re into.
Fujifilm and Sony are the heavy hitters of camera production, with the Fuji GFX 50S coming in at a pretty hefty price tag of $5000 while Sony’s A7R III costs $3000.
These cameras are designed to shoot high definition images and videos at 8K and Ultra 4K. With these cameras, if you want to venture into shooting high paced action sequences of cars, you’re sure going to come up with a high definition motion picture.
Another great camera manufacturer to look out for is Canon. Canon is one of the most consistent camera manufacturers that churn out different models of cameras annually, and what makes canon very unique is the quality of images their cameras produce.
This review is designed to broaden your knowledge and equip you with the information you need to purchase the best camera for your photography projects.
If you have any suggestions, be sure to drop a comment in the comment section below.