Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Camera for Nature Photography to buy in 2020? 🤔🤔
We got you covered in this buyer’s guide. 😎
So without further ado, let’s explore this awesome buyer’s guide.
Nature photography is an interesting activity that anyone can meaningfully devote their time to. You can imagine the excitement that you would be created when people see those beautiful pictures of wildlife, trees, and other huge nature landscapes. 🌳🌲🍀
Whether you take on nature photography as a recreational activity or as a daily job, there are a number of things that come to you as gain. For instance, asides from the fact that it helps you appreciate nature more, it could also be a way of earning some extra cash- when you sell the pictures.
However, if you want to always take those nature pictures that captivate people and makes them stay glued to it, then one basic thing you can’t ignore, is getting the best camera for nature photography. The right camera models help you to truly recreate nature images on paper, without leaving out any of the essential details.
In this buying guide, we’re going to show some of the best camera for nature photography, in 2020. Note that each product has its own set of special features, so you may need to check for the camera that has more of the features that suit your own nature photography.
Best Camera for Nature Photography: Our Picks
1. Sony Alpha a6000 Camera
The Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless camera is truly an important asset for the nature photographer. Although several other products- with supposed improved specifications have entered the market after its initial release in 2014, the Alpha a6000 is still a first choice product, any day.
In fact, analysts and existing users think that the camera has what it takes to carry out beginner, intermediate, and professional nature photography. This means that a fresh beginner can buy this, and continue to use it as a major camera- even after becoming a pro.
Another reason why the Sony Alpha a6000 is a top camera choice is that it is relatively less expensive than some other mirror-less cameras with similar specs.
Considering its many useful specifications as well as its function quality, it is still one of the best budget-friendly cameras- in the best camera for nature photography category.
This camera model, guarantees quality and accurate image color for the perfect nature picture, with an excellent sharpness- as you’ve never seen.
It is handy enough and would take only a little space, in your travel bag. The Sony Alpha a6000 is easy to you, with multiple settings- to enable set it to your preferred image capture modes.
Below are some of the features of the Sony Alpha a6000 Camera that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for Nature Photography to get in 2020.
1. The Sony Alpha a6000 has one of the fastest autofocus ability, hence enabling you to take quality pictures of natural objects in motion. This characteristic makes the camera a preferred option for wildlife nature photography.
2. An impressive 24.3-megapixel sensor (APS-C), and an ISO range between 100 to 25,600. These play a role in balancing light intensity- which has some impacts on image quality.
3. It allows you to record sharp Full HD videos at a maximum 1080p resolution, with adjustable setting options, to enable you to optimize the quality of the image output.
4. The frames per second for the camera is about 11.1 fps, which is not a bad one for your nature photography.
5. The camera has 179 AF points spread across the whole camera screen, to improve subject tracking, as well as recognition of the subject size.
6. Two interchangeable OSS lens options; for allowing the user to capture quality images, and at various distances.
7. The camera has electronic viewfinder options, thus you can connect the camera to your smartphones and carry out some actions from there. This is facilitated by the camera’s inbuilt Wi-Fi provision, as well as the NFC.
8. The Tiffen UV light protector saves the camera from possible damage from intense lights.
The features on the Sony Alpha a6000 are quite a number, and this is a basic reason why more nature photographers tend to have a preference for it. If you particularly want a DSLR camera that is lightweight on the overall, then this is one of the lightest you can yet find.
2. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV: best affordable camera for wildlife photography
This camera is remarkable because it has every trademark function and quality that is now associated with the Canon™ manufacturing company. Hence, buying this product means buying one of the most reliable and functional photography machines, on the market.
Although the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera is one of the pricier best camera for nature photography, it is still one of the best selling- and this is likely to remain so for some time.
Due to its aesthetic appeal and manufacture material durability, people want to rather put their money on this product- than some relatively cheaper models.
Note that this camera model, is a modification on a previous model in the Canon 5D camera series, so it comes with some enhanced style and features. You’ll love its touchscreen feature that enables you to easily adjust settings- such as the camera autofocus.
The 30.4-megapixel sensor offers you an excellent image resolution, while users can also carry out top-grade 4k video capture. The image processor has the ability to continuously shot images at a 7.0 frame per second rate, which is really not poor for the everyday nature photographer.
Below are some of the features of the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for Nature Photography to get in 2020.
- Great performance camera with good continuous image shooting speed of 7.0 fps.
- It comes with a very responsive 3.2 inch LCD touchscreen, which generally makes the camera easy to use.
- The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV has a Canon log feature that allows users to record and store both 4k and high definition video shots, on an enhanced dynamic range.
- Get the best of subject focus and output quality, courtesy the camera’s top function 61 AF points, and its dual pixels CMOS AF.
- The camera’s 30.4 megapixel CMOS sensor is truly remarkable because it provides an important high resolution on the camera.
- It comes with both Wi-Fi and GPS connectivity so that you can connect and share those beautiful pictures across devices.
- It connects well to various iOS Â, Android Â, and tablet Â devices.
- The EOS 5D Mark IV has an impressive ISO range of between 100 to 32000. This can however be expanded to ISO 50 – 102,400.
Before you think of how expensive this camera is, you definitely should first consider its features and all the benefits it brings to your nature photography. You’ll most likely be impressed, that you made the decision to buy it.
3. Nikon D3500: best camera for nature and wildlife photography
The list of the best camera for nature photography in 2020 would not be complete, without the Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera. If you’re a beginner who would love to learn fast and become a professional in no time, then you really may consider going for this model.
When you buy the D3500 camera, you get a full package of accessories that makes your photography experience worthwhile. Just like most other Nikon cameras out there, this model gives real value for money, and is likely to last for a couple of years.
A good thing about this product is that it is the ideal camera for general nature photography. Hence, it doesn’t matter what aspects you’re concentrating on; you would always get the best images and effects, for all time.
Note that this camera has a remarkable lightweight, which makes it easy to carry with you- especially on any of those pretty tedious adventure trips.
Although the camera comes with quite modest features, it is still a good choice over several other camera models with higher specs. The product’s 24.2 megapixel CMOS APS-C sensor- together with its fast image processing system, gives you brilliant snapshots that you’ll always be happy to display.
Below are some of the features of the Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for Nature Photography to get in 2020.
- The product has enough specifications that help the beginner start well, and progress on their nature photography lessons.
- It has a 24.2 megapixel CMOS APS C sensor that facilitates better image quality and color.
- Its three-inch LCD screen allows users to view subjects by an angle of up to 170 degrees.
- There is an auto mode that helps you focus and capture the best nature photos- even if you’re not able to focus well by yourself.
- It has 11 AF points that significantly locate nature objects, and makes sure they’re well-positioned before you take the shots.
- The camera allows users to sync and make use of its Nikon SnapBridge app, from their smartphones.
- The camera comes with an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G lens, as well as a 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G telephoto lens.
According to various market surveys, there has been a rapid rise in sales of the Nikon D35000 in the year 2020.
What this means in essence, is that more photographers are more satisfied with the value they can get from the product. Another contributing factor is that the Nikon D3500 sales for way less than a thousand dollars.
At the time of our research on “Best Camera for Nature Photography”, we found a video about “10 Wildlife Photography Tips You Can’t-Miss ” which is worth watching. 🏆🏆
4. Nikon D850 FX-Format DSLR Camera
This is another deserving best camera for nature photography, that you just cannot miss. So far, it is one of the most patronized Nikon camera products in 2020. The Nikon D850 has become very much popular on the overall market, even as the preference for the product rose significantly in the first and second quarters of the year.
In fact, market analysts and observers think that the rising demands for the product might soon outweigh current supply- except the manufacturers spike up its production.
Asides the beautiful appearance and feel of the Nikon D850 FX-Format DSLR Camera, you’ll also be impressed with its brilliant 45.7 megapixels FX-Format full-frame sensor.
Note that this sensor comes with a Back-side Illuminated (BSI) feature, which further helps the camera hit some extraordinary image quality.
Many existing users of the product, think that the camera is most suitable for intermediate and professional nature photography. Instead of the EXPEED 4 on the Nikon D3500 DSLR, the Nikon D850 comes with the EXPEED 5- which is a faster, and sharper processor type.
Below are some of the features of the Nikon D850 FX-Format DSLR Camera that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for Nature Photography to get in 2020.
- The camera comes with a massive 45.7-megapixel FX-format full-frame sensor, whose function is further enhanced by the Back-side Illuminated feature.
- It has an impressive sophisticated
- It has an impressive sophisticated AF system, that produces great photos always- by detecting and removing possible blurs.
- Optimum image quality and dynamic range, enhanced by the camera’s low ISO rating.
- It has a dedicated AF system processor, and up to 153 focus points spread across its 3-inch screen.
- At full resolution, the camera has an average of 9 frames per second, continuous shooting.
- The tilt touchscreen addition is some really useful provision on the D850 camera model.
There are so many exciting experiences to discover when you use the Nikon D850 camera. However, it is important to find out if it is really the right camera for you- especially if you’re not going into full-scale nature photography.
5. Canon EOS 1DX Mark II
Firstly, note that this is probably the most expensive best camera for nature photography, that you’ll find on our list. However, note that its price is not the reason why it qualifies to feature on this list.
What makes the camera sell so much, are distinctly its remarkable features and functions. The Canon EOS 1DX Mark II is specifically made for the high-end photographer, who has an active or future career in photography- be it nature photography or some other type of photography.
If you’ve placed a priority on camera speed- the type needed for good wildlife photography, then this is one of the cameras that offer the type of speed that you require.
And as you may expect, it also provides virtually all other basic things that the everyday nature photographer needs, to do well on their photography. Thus, this is truly a complete camera package, for which you may not need support or backup camera.
Importantly, the Canon EOS 1DX Mark II possesses a lot of camera power and processing speed, which makes your photo shot sessions, very much convenient.
Its powerful processor has a 14 frame per second rate, which can be increased to 16 fps- when the camera is in live view mode.
Everything about the Canon EOS 1DX Mark II seems perfect, although it is relatively heavier than a few other best cameras with similar features.
Below are some of the features of the Canon EOS 1DX Mark II that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for Nature Photography to get in 2020.
- This is one of the fastest shooting cameras, in the Canon™ range of top nature photography-suitable cameras.
- It has an impressive fps of 14- at basic, and 16 fps at the live view mode.
- The camera has a robust AF system performance, with 61 AF points, and an additional 41 AF cross-type points.
- The EOS intelligent tracking and recognition sensor has about 360, 000 pixels metering- which is superb for subject detection and tracking.
- The camera displays a very brilliant DCI 4k videoing with a resolution of up to 4096 x 2160, at approximately 60 fps.
- The camera has an ISO range fixed at 100-51200.
- It has a unique 6+ Digic dedicated image processor, that effects great image outputs.
The Canon EOS 1DX Mark II combines its quality body build, with an undisputable top performance. Although it’s not the camera for people on a strict budget, those who can buy it would definitely have good stories to tell.
6. Sony Alpha a9: best affordable camera for landscape photography
This is another important camera on the market in 2020. The Sony Alpha a9 camera has a distinctly appealing magnesium alloy body and a commendable lightweight.
The camera’s high-speed processing and its image sensor, are two-valued characteristics of the product. Consequently, the output image color and quality, are almost always top-notch.
Hence, if you want that camera that can take superb pictures with no need for serious editing, then this may possibly serve the purpose. Over the years, the Sony Alpha a9 camera has retained a fairly constant market rating, with more positive reviews from active users.
The camera has a stacked full-frame CMOS sensor, that is integrated with an internal memory on the camera. This infrastructure helps limit possible delays during image processing, while also ensuring the best image quality.
Again, note that this is another camera that specifically works well for wildlife photography. This is true considering its impressive 20 fps continuous shooting speed.
Considering its high-speed capacity, the Sony Alpha a9 camera is now directly compared with other fast image processing cameras like the Nikon D850, as well as the Canon EOS 1DX Mark II.
Below are some of the features of the Sony Alpha a9 Camera that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for Nature Photography to get in 2020.
- The camera has a continuous shooting speed of 20 fps. This is obviously one of the best you can find.
- It comes with a stacked full-framed 24.2 megapixel Exmor CMOS image sensor, that is integrated into internal memory.
- The camera has a BIONZ X processor, as well as an LSI attached to the front. All of these facilitate increased data reading and processing speed.
- The camera has a LAN connectivity and Ethernet port, for file transfer across devices and networks.
- It has about 693 AF detection points, and a frame coverage estimated to exceed 92%.
- The camera has an ISO range of between 100-51200, which is expanded to 50-204800
- It is made of magnesium alloy, which gives it a strong durable build.
Asides the fact that they produce quality images, this model is a favorite because of its high image data processing speed. Its use is not limited to nature photography, so it’s a great investment for the regular photographer.
7. Sony Alpha a7R III Camera
If you’re a professional nature photographer who is ready to invest in a really good camera, then you should consider spending your money on this one. The Sony Alpha a7R III camera is one of the cameras with the highest specs, on our list.
It is a mirror-less camera, which means it is quieter and would produce less sound when in use. This characteristic makes it a good product for wildlife photography, as it allows you to take candid pictures of the animals.
The speed rate of the camera is put at about 10 fps. While this is not the fastest you can get on the best camera for nature photography, the frame per second rate still complements well with the other features of the camera- to give the best results that you need.
For instance, the 42 megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor has the ability to collect more light, which consequently influences the picture quality.
The camera’s AF point on another hand is a massive 399 AF points system. This trait significantly increases the user’s tendency to produce pictures that are perfect in representation and effect. Additionally, note that this camera has a 100-32000 ISO range ( which can be extended to 50-102400).
Although a little more delicate, it is portable and can be conveniently moved from place to place.
Below are some of the features of the Sony Alpha a7R III Camera that earned it a spot in our list of Best Camera for Nature Photography to get in 2020.
- The camera’s 42.4 megapixel Exmor CMOS image sensor is a real plus, for the hardcore nature photographer.
- It has a pretty impressive shooting speed of up to 10 frames per second.
- The image sensor is able to collect and utilize more light than many other cameras in its category.
- This mirrorless camera has the ability to record and store detailed high-quality 4k video graphics- that can still be edited.
- The product comes with three interchangeable lenses, all of which are specific for various subject distances and image quality.
- The 3 inch LCD screen has a tilting touch, which facilitates easy use and control of the camera.
- There are dual memory card slots, which gives you more use options on the camera.
- The Sony Alpha a7R III camera has a fine ergonomic and solid design, which you’ll enjoy holding.
Most retailers sell this camera at prices starting from about $1,800. This may be a major reason why some persons may not go for the product, but then it actually offers good value for the money spent.
Having known the best camera for nature photography in 2020, it may surprise you to hear that some of the products are still not the best choice for you. Before going to buy a camera, you need to decide what your preferences are, and see the product that satisfies the requirements, more.
On another hand, note that the manufacturer may have manufactured the cameras- with specific users in mind. Thus, a professional nature photographer would not really enjoy using a camera designed for beginner use.