Do you have the curiosity to know about the best car lift for home garages For Easy Auto Maintenance in 2022? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay, let’s find out. 👓
The car lift is an important part of a car owner’s essential must-have vehicle implements, and it is most advisable to have a strong and reliable one in your home garage.
With this tool, it becomes very easy to carry out vehicle checks and repairs without necessarily having to undergo extra inconveniences looking for a vehicle repair specialist.
Many car users with car lifts in their garages talk about how feasible and convenient it is to implement routine DIY car servicing.
Note that there are minor faults and amendments to your car, which you can aptly carry out in the comfort of your garage. DIY car servicing is a valid practice to help you have way lesser problems with your vehicle, for both the short and long term.
Aside from this, they can be pivotal in helping you save on repair and maintenance costs, by implication. You get to visit the auto repairs less frequently and consequently pay less for any issues affecting your car.
Now, car lift purposes are much more varied than you may have thought. They don’t just help you on matters relating directly to your car, but also in planning and organization of your available garage space.
You may not realize that you can park your cars in your supposed small garage until you’ve added the use of a car lift in the implementation of this.
However, since there are different car lifts with different features and capacities, it is important to know which ones are the best and if they are the right choice for your home garage.
Determining the best types of garages helps you come to the right decision from the best car lift for home garages.
Best Car Lift For Home Garage – Our Top Picks
1. TRIUMPH NT-9 9000Lbs – Best 2 post car lifts for home garage
The Triumph NT-9 is one of the top contenders for the best car lifts, for your home garage. This high-function capacity tool has a lifting ability of 9000 Lbs clear and seems to have taken a soft spot in the heart of car owners- because of its unflinching work integrity.
The car lift- with an estimated height of about 111 inches, allows home garage users to manage their limited space effectively.
Hence, if you have a car lift like this one, you should not bother much about where and how to park your vehicle, even if your garage is well shared for housing other valuables.
Note that since the lift is a two-post lift, it is sure to use up even lesser space on your garage floor and still perform its required function to the maximum. Another reason why the Triumph NT-9 holds so much prestige is because of its high hydraulic lifting power.
It can promptly lift your car within a minute or even less; the major contributor to this is the machine’s 200 volts inbuilt power function. The advantage of this trait is that it helps users carry out emergency work that can be finished in the shortest time.
Thus, even if you’re in a hurry but need to check your car’s bottom, you can still do that without this process consuming much of your time.
What’s more? The car lift assemblage is easy and does not take too many processes or formalities. A new user can effectively couple up the lift without seeing the manufacturer’s manual.
Although a strong inefficiency function, the lift is less complex and easy to use for any under-car DIY activity.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The TRIUMPH NT-9 9000Lbsb that earned it a spot in our Best Car Lift For Home Garage list.
- The Triumph NT-9 car lift comes with a strong, high-quality build structure that guarantees its effectiveness, making it the best car lift for the money.
- The machine allows the implementation of various lifting speeds when underuse. This means its speed is aptly determined based on the weight of the subject car.
- The manufacturing company has included an extension on the lift, suitable for use with trucks and heavier vehicles.
- The accompanying speed it displays during use is top-notch commendable.
- It is easy to assemble, with almost no need for coupling instructions.
- Effective for use in limited space
- The car lift requires constant lubrication and greasing to prevent difficulties in locking and unlocking the lift.
- Triumph NT-9 car lifts are not ideally designed for outdoor use.
2. BL-5000SLX by QuickJack
As far as car lifts are concerned, this is another force to reckon with. The QuickJack 5175376BL model is an ingeniously designed car lifting framework that looks small but is significantly equal to the task (don’t even judge it by its small build). It’s the best car lift for small garages.
The car lift has a 5000 Lbs lifting capacity and can be used for lifting most of the everyday cars you’ll find. It is portable and can be moved from place to place with the least hassle.
The lift comes with a dual position safety bae lock that automatically engages once the machine is in car lifting mode.
This QuickJack product allows users to customize or determine their intended lifting power based on the three volts strengths it offers.
You can use either lifting strengths of 220V, or the 240V alternate current provisions, while the third option is a 12V direct current input.
The lift is made of thickened steel on the upper lifting surface and other rubber block attachment trays, all functioning to build an efficient lifting synergy.
Once the lift has been properly placed under the car, the next thing to do is just press the push button on the provided hand-held control.
The result is remarkable, and analysts have rated this particular model as one of the strongest car lifts yet available in its category.
One of the most notable uses of the QuickJack 5175376BL car lift is for activities revolving around simple repairs and maintenance- such as changing the car tires or fine-tuning the car chassis.
People who have used this car lift for their home garage say it has all the desired ease locked up in its lifting frames, which makes it fit in our hydraulic car lift for garage list.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The BL-5000SLX that earned it a spot in our Best Car Lift For Home Garage list in 2022.
- Top-quality product with a near hundred percent satisfaction rating.
- Impressive remote control access for most operations
- The car lift is remarkably lightweight and can even be carried in your trunk (hence, it is used for outdoor purposes).
- Requires very little setup space when you set it up in your home garage
- A dual safety lock ensures that all activities during the car lifting are kept safe for the user.
- The maximum height of the car lift is about 21 inches. Hence it may not be suitable for higher cars.
3. BendPak Portable Mid-Rise Scissor Lift
The BendPak portable mid-rise scissor car lift is a 6000 lbs capacity lift, with a length dimension of about 81 inches and a collapsed height of four and three-quarter inches.
It displays an impressive work method and allows you to carry out minor repair and maintenance procedures in your home garage.
This car lift has a remarkable design that is compact enough to utilize the smallest space available, making it the best portable car lift for home garage in 2022.
Hence, no worries about how much space this additional tool would be eating up in your parking space. To facilitate its ease of use, the car lift comes with adjustable arm frameworks and multi-location safety lock bars that facilitate car lifting conveniently and securely.
The BendPak portable car lift is powered by a one-phase motor, producing less noise as you use it. It can lift cars for heights of up to 53 inches and can be used for low and pretty high car lifting.
The added hydraulic hose is a major plus on the tool, which may be considered as one of the germane components on the top-grade lift.
Note that this scissor lift serves well as an alternative to either of the two-fold or four-fold car lifts, and it has even lesser components that are likely to get damaged.
They are also one of the most portable car lifts, and you can easily fold them once they are no longer used.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The BendPak Portable Mid-Rise Scissor Lift that earned it a spot in our Best Car Lift For Home Garage.
- Highly portable car tool; it can be moved conveniently and hence, suitable for outdoor purposes.
- Requires less space for both installations, as well as storage after use.
- The BendPak portable mid-rise scissor car lift is a valid alternative that can be used instead of two- and four-fold car lifts.
- Multiple safety locking positions ensure the user’s safety while the machine is used for car lifting.
- It is suitable for emergency uses since it only lifts a car to maximum height in 45 seconds.
- Although the machine can be moved from place to place, it is quite heavy, making it a less preferred option for emergency outdoor use.
- Installation is not that easy, and users may need time to study the product manual before effectively using it.
At the time of our research on “Best Car Lift For Home Garage”, we found a video about “10 Things You Should Never Do To Your Car (Never Ever!)” which is worth watching. 🏆
4. Auto Lift Car-Park-8-Plus Extra Tall – Best 4 post car lift for home garage
This is an important four-post car lift with remarkable use advantages for your home garage. It is a great tool that optimizes space usage; hence it is worth every buck that goes into its purchase.
The car lift has an impressive ability to lift and carry up to 8000 pounds of weight, thus making it suitable for almost any car you can think of.
The Auto Lift car park 8 model acts as a storage lift. Hence, it maximizes limited space- where the needed space might have been quite enormous.
For instance, you can host a car on top of the lift while another stays beneath it. This method of car storage allows you to make you of a single parking space, but for two cars instead.
This lift is recommended for persons with limited home garage space but with multiple cars that need to fit in. Another good thing about it is that you can determine the height you want it to reach, which would only take 90 seconds to attain.
Considering the function of this lift, it has been built to possess such great holding strength, with safety-proof features that make it safe for use.
It comes with a redundant ladder lock feature that activates automatically in case of a cable failure on the lift control system.
The power system for raising the car is a 110 volts single motor. Its width between runway distance is about 37 inches, making it suitable for most cars. Usually, this lift comes with a poly caster kit made available at no extra cost to the buyer.
Other accompanying features are drip trays for collecting any dripping fluid from the car, steel approach ramps, and the jack tray for use during minor repairs.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Auto Lift Car-Park-8-Plus that earned it a spot in our Best Car Lift For Home Garage list in 2022.
- This type of lift is built and effective for long-term vehicle storage. This means you can leave your car packed on it for a long time.
- It helps create more space for packing more cars, which is a real advantage of this lift.
- The model structure is designed with every sense of safety precaution being put in mind.
- It is safe for both the user and his /her automobile properties. Note that the redundant cable lock serves as a security emergency kind of framework- in the event of a failing system function.
- Easy to operate and requires less time to function
- The lift is well adjustable to suit the user’s personal and vehicle needs
- This car lift is expensive, and you must have decided that you need it before you venture to buy it.
- The assemblage is not that easy, even with the provided instructions.
4. TRIUMPH NSS-8XLT 8000Lbs 4 Post Storage Service Lift
This is another top-notch four-post storage car lift, with all the befitting features that qualify for quality. The Triumph NSS -8 remains one of the most sought-after car lift storage devices and holds a major stake in prevailing markets.
The product is a massive 8000 lbs holding car lift, which is a good one since it helps ensure that all your vehicles get a parking space to rest.
The capacity height for the lift is placed at about 94 inches, an overall length of about 190 inches, a99 inches runway width, and a runway that is 180 inches long.
Accompanying component features of the car lift are three drip trays for collecting dripping fluids, a jack tray, two-vehicle loading ramps, the caster kit, and a 110V power motor, amongst other features.
If you are thinking of creating more parking space in your home garage, this lift is definitely one of the first options to consider.
One notable improvement to this model by the Triumph™ company is that it comes with improved convenience traits, leaving the user with multiple options of use.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The TRIUMPH NSS-8XLT 4 that earned it a spot in our Best Car Lift For Home Garage list in 2022.
- The Triumph™ NSS-8 car lift storage is established to maximize home garage storage space effectively.
- It provides optimum stability for your car via its 8000 lbs holding capacity and four-post structure.
- It allows the user to carry out all the repairs and checks that need to be done underneath the parked car.
- Easy to operate and move from place to place.
- The car lift is expensive and may be a major investment for many people.
- It is difficult to assemble- especially if the user manual is unavailable.
5. Dannmar MaxJax Portable 6,000-lbs
The Dannmar Maxjar portable car lift is a 6000 lbs, two-fold car lift with top-notch car lifting qualities.
It is a good option considering portability and safety in a two-fold lift. This best portable car lift remains one of the best car lifts in its category, and there are several exciting features to look out for if you’re buying it.
MaxJar provides the required space to enable you to work on your car alone while also providing the stability that ensures your safety while you work underneath the car.
The product price is on average, and you may also want to consider this a reasonable option.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Dannmar MaxJax Lift that earned it a spot in our Best Car Lift For Home Garage.
- The car lift is easy to install, and a newbie can almost carry out the installation without using a guide.
- The lift allows enough space for a user to work conveniently
- It provides reasonable stability on every car mounted on it, thus ensuring the safety of the working owner.
- They require less space and are easy to pack away after use.
- They are not suitable for long-term car storage
Categories Of The Mobile Car Lift For Home Garage
Now, as much as most people know the relevance and uses of car lifts in the home garage, it is also important to know that these essential tools are classified and are not all the same.
The differences in their classification affect such characteristics as their functions, lifting power or ability, and pricing, amongst other important traits.
Thus, before opting for just any car lift, deciding which category you would like to buy from is important as a foremost consideration.
There are three groups of car lifts, although there are other few alternatives- some of which are equally useful.
The three categories are:-
- Twofold car lifts
- Fourfold car lifts
- Scissor-shaped car lifts
Twofold Car Lifts:-
As the name implies, the two-fold car lifts are built to lift cars using two-foot stands on both sides. Hence, one fold is on the left, and the other is on the right.
While some people may think this is a less useful car lift than the fourfold lifts, several twofold lifts have shown so much significance in car repair and maintenance works.
Some of them are currently listed as the best on the overall ratings for car lifts. However, some of the reasons why people may go for lifts in this category is because they are relatively cheaper and are found to occupy even lesser space.
Although for, most times, they are found to be less effective than the fourfold lifts. For instance, two-fold lifts tend to carry lesser weights than fourfold lifts (although products from companies like Triumph™ have proven that certain two-fold lift structures can also match at par with the four folds lifts).
But then, twofold lifts are not suitable for the long-term storage of vehicles, as they do not have the bearing capacity to do this. They are only recommended for use with relatively lightweight cars.
Fourfold Car Lifts:-
The fourfold car lifts are a more advanced option- in terms of holding ability and mechanic repair use. They provide the best stability option for your car, making them the best car lift option for long-term storage.
All four-fold lifts provide a runway drive where the car climbs on before being raised to specific heights- depending on the model and its specifications. Fourfold lifts are very important in terms of space creation and maximization overall.
A reasonable number of people who buy these types of car lifts do so because they need to maximize their limited garage space- that would have contained maybe just a car. With the four-fold lift, the user can park one car on top and the other on the bottom.
But as you would expect, they are more expensive, with a reasonable price difference on some. Many manufacturing companies for this type of lift have implemented standard methods to ensure users’ safety.
Scissor Shaped Car Lifts:-
As the name implies, this type of lift is scissors in shape to provide high-level support for mounted cars.
They are sometimes referred to as the last option, although they are appreciated for their ability to confer reasonable stability. Their relevance in car repair and maintenance works cannot be overemphasized.
However, although they are used mainly as repair and maintenance lifts, they do not provide the kind of convenience and space you would find when using either of the four or two-fold car lifts.
How to implement Maintenance of the car lifts
For every such device like these, usage maintenance is key. If you want to enjoy using your car lifts for as long as the manufacturer’s suggested lifespan, then regular maintenance routines must be adopted for the lifts themselves.
There is a list of best car lift for home garages in 2022, which is ideal car lift maintenance practices that every car lift owner- whether four or two-fold, should find useful.
They are the most important requirements for achieving this. They include:
- Regularly adjusting the lift cables
Since these lifts are automatic energy-powered devices, it is important always to emphasize the importance of every attached cable in the overall system operation.
One of car lift maintenance’s most germane routines is checking and adjusting the cable wires. Prolonged use of the lifts may cause the cable to shift and stretch from time to time.
As a basic maintenance rule, you must ensure to check for this if it happens and bring the cables back to pristine.
- Lubrication of moving parts
Another thing to consider in lift maintenance is the regular lubrication of moving parts. This is important because if the parts become stiff, then the general function of the lift is impaired one way or the other.
Some of the ill effects of failure to carry out required lubrication are certain noise from the lift parts and increased wear and tear of the parts.
- Keep off every unused car lift.
Prolonging the lifespan of your car lifts may include that you keep them away safely when they are not underused. It is not proper to leave your lifts outside unused under the elements, as this directly impacts their efficiency- for immediate time or later.
According to trend information and statistics, car lifts would continue to be relevant to car users. This is especially true because people who can afford a second car would need places to park them.
And there is the increasing costs of acquiring land assets, for which building or expanding garages are seemingly off the option lists.