In the past two decades, we have witnessed splendid adventures, exciting experiences, and surprises as a delight from the incredible world of pokemon.
It is believed that for every kid who belongs to the nineties, the world of pokemon is a different craze altogether, and this craze persists even in modern times.
One of the biggest dreams for these kids was owning and petting pokemon of their own and getting to experience these crazy creatures from much closer distances.
The Pokemon craze has been magical for ages due to its super thrilling and enigmatic experiences and exciting adventures that it offers. The imperiously cute and adorable looks of each and every pokemon attract a massive audience all across the globe to watch and enjoy these shows, including feminine audiences.
The current update says that as of now, the world of pokemon offers a whopping 893 different kinds of pokemon, all of which are extremely cute, robust, strong, crazy, adorable, and powerful.
Modern research, science, technology, and design is contributing to making new attractive pokemon designs every year. Each new pokemon comes with its unique new characteristics, features, looks, and designs, which are as good as all other pokemon and does not fail to bring fun, thrill, and joy to its viewers.
We see super interesting different forms of every pokemon that happens to be more potent than its original form with every evolution.
Some of the most well known pokemon types are grass, poison, fire, flying, fairy, ghost, steel, electric, ice, among many others. One type that always seems to be intimidating and powerful is the ‘dark’ type of pokemon.
These pokemon are powerful, extremely strong, and aggressive, cute, and robust. These pokemon have extraordinary powers, strengths, attractive looks, and weaknesses, which make them distinguishably different from the other types.
Introduction of Dark Type Pokemon
Dark-type pokemon have been in existence from almost the beginning of the Pokemon creations. The first introduction of the dark type pokemon happened in the very first generation of the Pokemon series.
There are many known pokemon who are vulnerable to dark type pokemon’s moves. Some of them are Gengar, Mewtwo, Haunter, Giratina, Drowzee, and Metagross, among many others.
Dark-type Pokemon are known to be extremely effective against psychic and ghost types and are known to be vulnerable to fighting, bug, and fairy type pokemon.
Although dark type pokemon are super cool and very powerful, they are not very effective against fighting and fairy type pokemon.
Some of the best dark type pokemon are Hydreigon, Umbreon, Darkrai, Malamar, Greninja, Zoroark, Tyranitar, Scrafty, and Houndoom, among many others.
Colors of Dark Type Pokemon
Dark-type pokemon can be distinguished by their unique names, colors, strengths, and powers. The overall color theme of these types of pokemon is bright and eye-catching.
Some of the exciting colors used are blue, red, purple, brown, grey, orange, brown, white, black, yellow, and green. Each and every pokemon belonging to this type is colorful in a dark way and fierce in appearance. Their vivid appearance and unique features make them different from all the other pokemon.
These dark types of pokemon are not very adorable and are creepy in their own ways. They are not very appealing physically, and their designs are fun, unique, and trendy.
These types of pokemon can demonstrate breathtakingly beautiful moves and can learn any new action swiftly. Dark-type Pokemon are known to be extremely fierce and powerful and are much more robust and crazy than any other type of pokemon.
List of the Best Dark Pokemon Of All Time 👌
Below mentioned is a list of some of the best, most powerful, and interesting dark type pokemon of all time.
Krookodile is an intimidating pokemon who belongs to both the ground type and the dark type. It came with a catch rate of 11.9% and had a height of 1.5m and a weight of 96.3kg.
It usually comes with a medium-slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the fifth generation of the Pokemon series. It is said that its evolution happens from Krokorok, and its final form is known to be Sandile.
This creature is known to be a crocodilian pokemon whose overall color combination happens to be maroon, black, and white. It has five triangular spike-like structures on its back and short and thick legs. It also has short and thin arms with sharp claws.
It has a long narrow mouth and white-black fierce eyes. Krookodile uses its distinctively harsh and wicked look to intimate other opponents. This creature has very powerful eyes with adjusting focal points using which it can see through very long distances, even in deserts.
- Krookodile has extremely powerful jaws and can crush anything with its jaws, including heavy automobiles.
- This creature uses these jaws to twist a body before breaking it into two pieces and crushing it down.
- Krookodile has an extremely aggressive temperament and makes sure it crushes down its prey without any mercy. It is one of the best dark type pokemon that exists.
Umbreon is a moonlight pokemon who purely belongs to the dark type and comes with a catch rate of 11.9%. It is 87.5% male and 12.5% female. It has a height of 1.0m and a weight of 27.0 kg and comes with a medium-fast leveling rate.
This Pokemon was first introduced in the second generation of the Pokemon series. It is believed that its evolution has happened from Eevee, and it is one of its final forms.
Umbreon has a sleek black color body with four slender legs and a pair of beautiful crimson eyes. It has a pair of pointed teeth that remain out of its mouth, and it is visible and looks very cute.
It has long pointed protruding ears and a thick bushy tail, each of which has a yellow band around it.
Although this Pokemon has an entirely black body, it has different kinds of yellow color detailing throughout the body. Umbreon is definitely one of the cutest looking dark type pokemon available.
- Whenever Umbreon gets very excited, it’s yellow color detailing on the body starts growing. This immediately strikes a sense of fear in anybody who is nearby. These yellow color detailings also glow during the night.
- This Pokemon quietly waits in the darkness for its opponents, and whenever it leaps to attack, its yellow detailings start to glow.
- When this Pokemon gets agitated, it sprays a poisonous sweat as a defense against its opponents.
- Umbreon is a very powerful Pokemon and is definitely one of the best dark type pokemon of all time.
Darkrai is a pitch-black color Pokemon that solely belongs to the dark type. This pokemon’s unique ability is to give people bad dreams. This is a genderless Pokemon, and it comes with a catch rate of 1.6 %. It has a height of 1.5m and a weight of 50 kg.
It came with a comparatively slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the fourth generation of the Pokemon series. Darkrai is a member of the lunar duo with Cresselia.
Darkrai is a pitch-black shadow-like Pokemon that comes with a small head and white fog-like ghostly plume surrounding its head and covers its blue eyes with that portion of its face looking like hair.
It has a red spike-like growth around its neck, which forms the major highlight of the all-black body. It has very slender-looking arms and long black tatters that are attached to its shoulder.
The overall appearance of this Pokemon has an hourglass sort of silhouette, and this Pokemon appears in such a manner that it feels like it is wearing a cloak.
- This Pokemon is said to inhabit one’s dreams and causes the target to have extreme levels of nightmares. These nightmares can only stop if the target is exposed to a lunar wing from Cresselia.
- Darkrai is a very smart Pokemon and is completely aware of human speech. Whenever it senses any sort of danger, it turns itself into a shadow and escapes from the location.
- This Pokemon is said to be the most active on the nights of ‘New Moon’ and is the only Pokemon that is capable of learning the move called ‘Dark Void.’
- Darkrai is a very strong Pokemon that can make a great fighting beast when appropriately trained and is definitely one of the best dark type pokemon.
Zoroark is known to be an illusion fox and solely belongs to the dark type Pokemon. This Pokemon is 87.5% male and 12.5% female and comes with a catch rate of 11.9%.
It has a height of 1.6m and a weight of 81.1kg. This Pokemon came with a medium-slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the fifth generation of the Pokemon series. It is believed that this pokemon’s evolution has happened from Zorua.
Zoroark is known to be a greyish-brownish color bipedal Pokemon who has a fox-like appearance with crimson and black accents.
This Pokemon has red detailings around its eyes and mouth and has a large red voluminous mane with black tips, which almost resembles a ponytail. It has super arms that are thin, but its lower arms are bulkier.
Zoroark has red eyes with blue color detailings, which look very furious and bold and are enough to scare off enemies.
This Pokemon has a special power by which it can create real-life-like looking illusions which are very hard to differentiate from the actual reality. Using this power can also create illusions inside the forest to protect its own territory and habitat.
- Zoroark has this unique capability using which it can take the form of a human being, and in this form, it can also understand human speech.
- This Pokemon can make such realistic illusions of an attack that it can almost fool its opponents, including any form of camera.
- It is amusing to know that lonely trainers use zoroark to create different kinds of illusions to break their own solitude.
- Zoroark is extremely protective by nature and goes to any extent to save anyone it cares for, including risking its own life.
- When Zoroark is angered by anybody trying to catch it, it immediately casts illusions to punish them. Zoroark is definitely one of the best dark type Pokemon.
Malamar is an overturning Pokemon who belongs to both the dark type and the psychic type. This Pokemon is 50% male and 50% female and comes with a catch rate of 18.4 %.
It has a height of 1.5 m and a weight of 47 kg and comes with a medium-fast leveling rate. This Pokemon was first introduced in the sixth generation of the Pokemon series, and it is believed that its evolution has happened from Inkay.
The overall resemblance of this particular Pokemon is that of an upside-down squid. This Pokemon has several purple tentacles with bright blue undersides sprouting from the top of its head.
It has fierce creepy-looking yellow color eyes and a dark pink color beak-like mouth. The overall color of this beast is dark purple, and it has six to eight yellow color lights of different shapes attached to its body.
- This Pokemon has the unique ability through which it can cast strong hypnotism. It uses this ability to force others to do what it wants.
- It attracts its prey towards itself by its hypnotism powers and then uses its digestive fluids to eat up the entire prey.
- Malamar is definitely one of the best dark type pokemon that is available.
Houndoom is a dark type Pokemon that also belongs to the fire type and has a catch rate of 11.9%. This Pokemon is 50% male and 50% female by nature. It has a height of 1.4 m and a weight of 35 kg.
This Pokemon came with a comparatively slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the second generation of the Pokemon series. It is believed that its evolution has happened from Houndour.
Houndoom is a quadrupedal canine type of Pokemon that is black in color and has a long orange snout and an orange color underbelly. It has small but fierce red color eyes and a black nose.
This Pokemon has a white band like detailing on its neck from which hangs a small skull-shaped pendant.
The houndoom also has a very long skinny tail with a triangular tip and a pair of large grey color horns on its head. A female houndoom can be differentiated from a male houndoom by the size of these horns.
- This pokemon’s gut is filled with different kinds of toxins that are used to create unique fire mixed with poison.
- Due to the presence of these toxins, houndoom odor has a very foul smell, and anybody who is infected with this is known never to heal.
- Houndoom howling is so dangerous that when other pokemon hear it, they start to shiver. Houndoom is definitely one of the best dark type pokemon of all time.
Pangoro is a daunting Pokemon who belongs to the fighting and as well as the dark type. It is a 50% male and 50% female Pokemon that comes with a catch rate of 15.7%. It has a height of 2.1m and a weight of 136 kg.
This Pokemon came with a medium-fast leveling rate and was first introduced in the sixth generation of the Pokemon series. It is believed that its evolution has happened from Pancham.
Pangoro is a large and robust bipedal Pokemon that resembles a humanoid panda. All the features of this Pokemon just look like an original panda but in a much more muscular and robust form.
This pokemon’s head and belly are covered with thick white color fur, and its lower body, chest, arms, and back are covered with an equal amount of thick dark grey color fur.
A long cape-like structure made up of grey fur hangs from Pangoro’s back. This Pokemon likes to carry a thin stemmed shoot with two lives in its mouth all the time.
- Although pangoro has an aggressive and robust appearance, by nature, It is very kind-hearted. It loves people who it considers friends.
- Pangoro has an extremely strong body, but the strongest feature in its entire body is its arms. Using these arms, it can beat any opponent in the battle.
- Pangoro is definitely one of the best dark type Pokemon available.
Zorua is a tricky fox Pokemon that belongs solely to the dark type. This Pokemon is 87.5% male and 12.5% female and comes with a catch rate of 17.5%.
It has a height of 0.7m and a weight of 12.5kg. This Pokemon came with a medium-slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the fifth generation of the Pokemon series. It is said that its evolution happens from Zoroark.
Zorua is slate-grey in color and resembles a fox with a red and black appearance. It has large triangular ears and fierce greenish-blue eyes.
There is a presence of many red colors detailing throughout its body. This Pokemon has a short and bushy tail and is extremely cute looking all over.
- This Pokemon can change its physical appearance due to its transformation capabilities. This entire transformation is merely an illusion that gives it the opportunity to hide and plan its moves.
- Zorua is very timid by nature and takes the form of other pokemon to scare off its enemies.
- This Pokemon is very mischievous by nature and is definitely one of the best dark type Pokemon that is available.
Sharpedo is a very brutal Pokemon who belongs to both the water type and the dark type. This Pokemon is 50% male and 50% female and comes with a catch rate of 14.8%.
It has a height of 1.8m and a weight of 88.8 kg. This Pokemon came with a comparatively slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the third generation of the Pokemon series. It is believed that its evolution had happened from Carvanha.
This Pokemon is known to be a torpedo-shaped shark Pokemon that is covered with tiny sharp denticles. It has a huge mouth filled with very big and sharp triangular teeth, just like an original shark.
This Pokemon has fierce red color eyes that glow in the dark and scares off other creatures. The overall color of this Pokemon is dark blue with a white color underbelly. This Pokemon has two star-shaped markings, one on its snout and the other on its rear.
- This Pokemon has the capability to swallow and shoot out jets of seawater from its rear. This allows it to swim up to 75 to 80 miles per hour.
- Sharpedo has very strong and sharp teeth and can finish off an opponent by using its tips that is why it is feared by most of the other creatures of the sea.
- This creature’s fangs are so strong that they can Tear down a whole tanker apart and have the ability to regrow immediately when it is damaged.
- Sharpedo is extremely thirsty for blood and is a very dangerous Pokemon. It is definitely one of the best dark type pokemon available.
The entire pokemon kingdom is known to be super dramatic, adventurous, enigmatic, and fun. It never fails to offer new adventures and new surprises to its viewers.
Every type of pokemon is fun to watch, with the modern contribution of science and technology, it is very difficult to choose between all of them. All of them are improving, look wise, and power wise with every single little evolution.
The dak type is especially known to be one of the best types with some of the best powers, strengths, and features.
As mentioned earlier, the pokemon are some of the best dark type pokemon that are available. In this context, it is very important to mention that each and every pokemon belonging to the dark type is absolutely amazing and unique in its own way.
This list is made purely by keeping in mind the uniqueness of each pokemon’s features and powers, along with their crazy looks.
This list has no mention of any competition between them. Each and every dark type of pokemon is as good as the other, and honestly, it has been very, very difficult to distinguish among them in terms of betterment.