In the past two decennia, we have witnessed splendid adventures, exciting experiences, and surprises as a delight from the incredible world of pokemon. For every kid who belongs to the nineties, the world of pokemon is a different craze altogether, and this craze persists even in modern times.
The Pokemon craze has been magical for ages due to its super thrilling and enigmatic experiences and exciting adventures that it offers.
The imperiously cute and adorable looks of each pokemon attract a massive audience worldwide to watch and enjoy these shows, including feminine audiences.
The current update says that as of now, the world of pokemon offers a whopping 893 different kinds of pokemon, all of which are extremely cute, robust, strong, crazy, adorable, and powerful.
Modern research, science, technology, and design is contributing to making new attractive pokemon designs every year.
Each new pokemon comes with its unique new characteristics, features, looks, and designs, which are as good as all other pokemon and does not fail to bring fun, thrill, and joy to its viewers.
We see super interesting different forms of every pokemon that happens to be more potent than its original form with every evolution.
Some of the most well known pokemon types are grass, poison, fire, flying, fairy, ghost, steel, electric, ice, among many others. One type that always seems to be intimidating and powerful is the ‘dragon’ type of pokemon.
These pokemon are powerful, extremely strong, and aggressive, cute, and robust. These pokemon have extraordinary powers, strengths, attractive looks, and weaknesses, which make them distinguishably different from the other types.
Introduction of Dragon-Type Pokemon
Dragon-type pokemon have been in existence from almost the beginning of the Pokemon creations. The first introduction of dragon-type pokemon happened in the very first generation of the Pokemon series.
There are many known pokemon types who are vulnerable to dragon-type pokemon’s moves. Some of them are Entei, Vulpix, Squirtle, Blastoise, Chikorita, and Roserade, among others.
Dragon-type Pokemon are known to be extremely effective against fire, water, electric, and grass types and are known to be vulnerable to ice and fairy type pokemon.
Although dragon type pokemon are super cool and very powerful, they are not very effective against steel type pokemon. Some of the best dragon types of pokemon are Salamence, Gyarados, Aeodactyl, Charizard, and Dragonite among others.
Colors of Dragon-Type Pokemon
Dragon-type pokemon can be distinguished by their unique names, colors, strengths, and powers. The overall color theme of these types of pokemon is bright yet usually monotone and pastel.
Some of the exciting colors used are blue, red, purple, brown, grey, orange, white, black, and green. Each and every pokemon belonging to this type is exceptionally colorful but usually comes in monotone and fierce in appearance. Their vivid appearance and unique features make them different from all the other pokemon.
These dragon type pokemon are adorable in their own crazy ways. They are incredibly appealing physically, and their designs are fun, unique, and trendy.
These types of pokemon can demonstrate breathtakingly beautiful moves and can learn any new action swiftly. Dragon-type Pokemon are known to be extremely fierce and powerful and are much more robust and crazy than any other type of pokemon.
Best Dragon Type Pokemon Of All Time 👌👌
Below mentioned is a list of some of the best, most powerful, and interesting dragon type pokemon of all times
Dialga is a steel-dragon type pokemon whose catch rate is 1.6%. This pokemon was first introduced in the fourth generation and is a genderless pokemon. This pokemon has a height of 5.4m and a weight of 683.0 kg, with a very slow leveling rate.
Dialga is a blue color pokemon with silver metallic detailing. Different shades of blue have been used to design this pokemon. Dialga almost looks like a dinosaur with the presence of fins and horns on its body.
It has vast legs and huge eyes. One of Dialga’s superpowers is that it can focus the flow of time by using the wing-like structure on its back. Dialga can control the flow of time in various manners.
- Dialga is one of the most unique dragon type pokemon as it can control and change the flow of time.
- It can move ahead in time or go back in time, or it can stop time altogether. Dialga almost acts like a time machine where it can travel through the past, present, and future.
- It is a myth that says that when Dialga was born, time started flowing, and time will continue to flow until Dialga’s heartbeats. Dialga definitely makes it to the list of some of the best dragon type pokemon.
Salamence is a dragon-flying type of pokemon that comes with a catch rate of 11.9%. This creature is known to be fifty percent male and fifty percent female and has a height of 1.5m and a weight of 102.6 kg.
It came with a slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the third generation of the pokemon series.
This pokemon is popularly known as a pseudo-legendary pokemon, and it is said that its evolution has happened from Shelgon, and its final form is known as Bagon.
It is often also called to be a quadrupedal, draconic pokemon. This pokemon’s overall color combination happens to be blue and brownish-red. The entire body and partial face of the pokemon are blue in color.
The tail and the face are a combination of both blue and red, whereas the vast wings are wholly red and robust. The lower chest area and the lower jaws come in a light bluish-greyish shade, completing the beast’s entire look and appeal.
It is said the salamence is an unusual pokemon because its evolution has been triggered by its constant desire to fly. Salamence’s robust wings have initially been created from the cell mutation process by wishing.
This crazy evolution has made this creature even larger, strong, and robust. When Salamence becomes very happy, it flies around and releases massive blasts of fire.
The only time that this creature chooses to stop flying is the time when it gets exhausted and wishes to sleep. Salamence is very aggressive and has extreme rage. As a result of this rage, it often destroys everything around and becomes very difficult to control.
- If raised with proper training and good control, Salamence is a fierce beast and can give tremendous competition to any other pokemon who comes it’s way.
- Salamence is extremely strong and robust and definitely makes it to the list of some of the best dragon-type pokemon.
Garchomp is a match pokemon who belongs to both the ground and dragon type. Its unique ability is known as ‘Sand Veil,’ and it comes with a catch rate of 11.9%.
It has a height of 1.9m and a weight of 95.0kg and comes with a slow leveling rate. Garchomp is known to be a pseudo-legendary pokemon who was first introduced in the fourth generation of the pokemon series.
It is said that Garchomp’s evolution has happened from Gabite, and its final form is known to be Gible. This creature is known to be a draconian bipedal kind of pokemon and is exceptionally fierce by nature.
The overall color combination of Garchomp is dark blue, orange, and yellow. Garchomp has a huge dragon-like body, most of which is dark blue in color. The lower chest portion and a part of the face is in a combination of reddish-orange and yellow.
Garchomp has protruding horn-like structures on most parts of its body and has a long tail and medium-sized wings. These horn-like structures allow the creature to sense its prey from a good distance.
Garchomp has very intense and fierce eyes and can fly with an incredible speed to catch its prey. It is said that this creature can fly as fast as a jet plane.
- Garchomp can fly incredibly fast, and the horn-like structures on its body are used to injure its opponents or enemies.
- These creatures are incredibly fierce, powerful, competitive, and aggressive and, when trained well, can act as excellent fighting pokemon in battle. Garchomp is one of the best dragon type pokemon available.
Flygon is a mystic kind of pokemon who belongs to both the ground and dragon type. It is known to be fifty percent male and fifty percent female and has a catch rate of 11.9%.
Flygon has a height of 2.0m and a weight of 82.0kg and comes with a medium-slow leveling rate.
This pokemon was first introduced in the third generation of the Pokemon series. It is said that its evolution happens from Vibrava and its final form is known to be Trapinch. Flygon is known to be an insectoid bipedal dragon kind of pokemon.
It is a bright green color pokemon that has two large rhombus-shaped wings with red detailing. It has very tiny arms and legs and a long tail which has a flower-like detailing on the end tip.
Flygon has big bold red eyes and two long horn-like structures that start from its forehead and go in a slanting position towards the back. This creature uses its wings to kick itself and start a sandstorm so that it can hide from others.
- Its wings make a singing-like sound when the creature flaps them. This is the reason why flygon is also known as the ‘Desert Spirit.’
- Flygon uses its unique abilities to attract prey and strands them before it attacks them. It is definitely one of the best dragon type pokemon available.
Dragonite is a fifty percent male and a fifty percent female pokemon who belongs to both the flying and dragon type. This pokemon comes with a catch rate of 11.9%, a height of 2.2m, and a weight of 210kg.
It usually has a slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the very first generation of the pokemon series. Dragonite is known to be a legendary pseudo kind of pokemon.
It is said that its evolution has happened from Dragonair and its final form is known to be Dratini. Dragonite is also called to be a bipedal draconic kind of pokemon.
The overall color combination that has been used for this pokemon is a combination of dark pastel orange and light cream color. Dragonite is an adorable looking dinosaur with two medium-sized super cute green wings.
It has very cute looking appealing eyes and a tiny horn-like structure on the top of its head. It also has two string-like structures coming out of its head like wires.
Although Dragonite is very bulky, it is known to travel faster than the actual speed of sound. People believe that Dragonite can go around the entire glove only in sixteen hours, which is absolutely incredible.
- Dragonite is a very kind-hearted, gentle, and loving pokemon who is said to save humans from drowning. It is also believed that this pokemon shows ways to lost ships in the ocean.
- If appropriately trained, Dragonite is an incredible pokemon who can compete with any other pokemon equally well. Dragonite is definitely one of the best dragon-type pokemon.
Haxorus is an axe jaw pokemon who purely belongs to the dragon type. It is fifty percent female and a fifty percent male pokemon that comes with a catch rate of 11.9%. It has a height of 1.8m and a weight of 105.5kg and comes with a very slow leveling rate.
This pokemon was first introduced in the fifth generation of the Pokemon series. It is believed that its evolution has happened from Fraxure, and its final form is known to be Axew. Haxorus is known to be a bipedal pokemon that is dark yellowish-green in color.
Its body’s lower chest area and a part of its face and legs have a brownish-grey color and the ax-like structures on its face are pure red in color.
Its toe and fingernails are red as well. Haxorus has a long protruding tail and a multi-layered neck. Haxorus’s tusks are extremely strong and robust and can cut through steel. They are known to be absolutely unbreakable.
- Despite Haxorus’s frightening appearance, this creature usually has a very kind and friendly nature and can be well-trained.
- Haxorus is extremely strong and robust and definitely makes it to the list of one of the best dragon-type pokemon.
Goodra is a super cute looking dragon type pokemon who comes with a catch rate of 11.9%. It is a fifty percent male and a fifty percent female pokemon that comes with a height of 2.0m and a weight of 150.5kg.
It has a slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the sixth generation of the Pokemon series. Goodra is known to be a legendary pseudo kind of pokemon whose evolution is said to have happened from Sliggoo, and its final form is known to be Goomy.
Goodra is said to be a bipedal draconic pokemon who is fully covered with slime. Its entire body comes in a color combination of dark purple and light purple. This creature has bright green eyes and little green detailings on its face, arms, and tail.
It has very thick limbs, arms, horns, and a tail. Its dense horn-like structure starts from its head and flows backward in a slanting direction. Its upper body is generally slimmer than its lower body.
- Goodra is known to be a very kind, gentle, and loving creature who happens to be a very friendly pokemon.
- When it develops very intimate feelings, it hugs that person or creature to demonstrate its attachment and leaves them covered in slime.
- However, when this creature is angered, it can get fierce and punch or hit hard with its tail to compete or punish the opponent. It is definitely one of the best dragon-type pokemon.
Reshiram is a vast white pokemon who belongs both to the fire and dragon type. It comes with a catch rate of 1.6% and has a height of 3.2m and a weight of 330.0kg. It came with a slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the fifth generation of the Pokemon series.
Reshiram is a legendary pokemon who was also the game mascot of Pokemon Black. It is said that reshiram is a white bipedal pokemon with draconic, avian, and mammalian traits.
Reshiram is a bird-like looking creature with vast legs and vast wings. The entire pokemon is white in color with long white hair and tiny bluish eyes.
It is said that when Reshiram’s emotions surge, it enters Overdrive mode and its tails light up with a fiery glow. This creature can fly at tremendous speed and can give out flames from its tail.
- Reshiram is a believer of truth and it is said in myths that reshiram used to burn down kingdoms who did not believe in truth.
- It is a super fierce creature who is extremely strong and robust and definitely makes it to the best dragon type pokemon list.
Altaria is a humming pokemon who belongs to both the dragon and the flying type. It is a fifty percent male and a fifty percent female pokemon who comes with a catch rate of 11.9%.
It has a height of 1.1m and a weight of 20.6 kg and comes with an erratic leveling rate. This pokemon was first introduced in the third generation of the series and it is said that its evolution happens from Swablu.
Altaria is a super cute looking blue color avian pokemon whose body is all over covered with white color feather-like embellishments.
The overall appearance of this creature is just like an innocent duck. It has four blue toes, one long blue neck, tiny black eyes, and a small white mouth.
- Altaria is known to be a calm and kind pokemon that uses its wings to fly in a calm and graceful manner up in the sky.
- This creature often sings. Its humming or singing has a particular property that induces a dreamy state for listeners.
- Altaria is known to be super affectionate and wraps its wings around people it loves.
- Despite its cute and friendly nature, Altaria can attach foes with shrill cries without any mercy if provoked. It is one of the best dragon-type pokemon.
Appletun is a grass-dragon type Pokemon with a catch rate of 11.9%. It is a 50% male and 50% female Pokemon with a height of 0.4m and a weight of 13kg. It came with an erratic leveling rate and was first introduced in the 8th generation of the series.
It is said that its evolution happens from applin. It is believed that Appletun is a dragon-like Pokemon that inhabits a body reminiscent of Apple Pie.
The overall color combination of this creature comes in green, red, and yellowish-orange. It wears a piece of apple on its head like a helmet and has a huge hump on its back.
- This creature produces a nectar-like scent that is known to attract bug type Pokemons. After attracting them, it preys on them.
- It is said that the nectar that covers Appletuns body is responsible for increasing the thickness and allows it to absorb more damage than usual.
- This creature can give out a vast quantity of nectar, enough to be able to drown its enemies in it.
- Appletun is known to be the only Pokemon capable of using ‘Apple acid move’ and Gmax move. It is one the best dragon type Pokemons.
The entire pokemon kingdom is known to be super dramatic, adventurous, enigmatic, and fun. All of them are improving, look wise, and power wise with every single little evolution.
The dragon type is especially known to be one of the best types with some of the best powers, strengths, and features.
As mentioned earlier, the pokemon are some of the best dragon types of pokemon that are available. In this context, it is very important to mention that each and every pokemon belonging to the psychic type is absolutely amazing and unique in its own way.
This list is made purely by keeping in mind the uniqueness of each pokemon’s features and powers, along with their crazy looks. This list has no mention of any competition between them.