Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Dual Dash Cam to buy in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out.
A device that cars should have now is the Dashboard Cameras. They are underrated, but the functions which they offer are quite a lot. Every car should have a dashboard camera for safety reasons. They provide video evidence of a car crash or car accident.
With a dash cam, you have a recording of the accident and what happened during and after which is in turn useful to you. You can also have recordings of people breaking the law or putting others in danger. If necessary, you can report them by showing the footage from the dashboard camera to the necessary authorities.
A dashboard camera can prevent you from falling victim of fraud. Some people like to purposely stage an accident and pin it on you so they can get money from their insurance or for whatever reasons they may have.
The video evidence from the camera can protect you from this. With the camera, there are a lot of things you can catch on the road. A lot of things happen when you are driving and you would not miss them with your dashboard camera.
Just imagine all the beautiful things you get to see on the road that you probably missed while focusing on your driving. Your camera lets you see those videos. You can also know a particular location if your camera is installed with GPS. Basically, a dual dashboard cam has a lot of features which makes it essential in every car.
A dual dashboard camera performs the function of a front view camera and a rearview camera. With a dual, you not only get videos from the front but also the rear. Instead of buying two separate cameras for each, you can get one camera that does the function of both. Before buying a dashboard camera for your car, you should know the best dash cam that is available in the market.
Here is The List Of Best Dual Dash Cam To Buy in 2019
1. Vantrue N2 Pro-Dual Camera
The Vantrue N2 Pro records whatever is going on in front of you, inside the car, behind you and at the side of the road. It is practical for taxis and Uber drivers for safety reasons.
It is wired for the front and the back. It is a nicely constructed camera, durable and has the slot for the Micro SD Card. All accessories come with it including the suction for the camera. There is a cable that can be connected to the computer and there is one for the camera itself.
The front recording has a blue tint to it, but if you want it to be sharper and clear, you will have to turn off the rearview camera. The image quality is sharp and the motion sensor works well after parking.
The interior camera also works okay apart from the change of colors. When it is dark, the quality is still clear and you can see license plates of other vehicles. It has an infrared camera that lets you see the interior even at night which makes it to fit in our best dual dash cam with night vision 2019 list.
- Dual: 1920 x 1080p 30fps
- Single front: 1920 x 1080 60fps/ 2560 x 1440 30fps
- Sony Sensor Infrared night vision
- Parking Monitor
- Voice recorded
- Heat and Cold Resistant
- GPS optional
- Storage is up to 250GB Micro SD Card
- Date and Time Stamp
- Auto LCD off
- Emergency Lock
- Lens: Front – 1700 full 6 layer glass lens with F/1.8 wide aperture
- Rear – 1400 F/2.0 wide aperture
- Video – H.264 compression, mp4
- Camera type: front + inside
- Built-in battery
- Image sensor: Front – OV4689, Rear – Sony IMX323
- Processor: NOVATEK NT96660
- Display: 1.5 inch TFT LCD (4:3)
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Vantrue N2 Pro-Dual Camera.
- The infrared enhances night vision and lets you see clearly.
- The color for the interior camera is all wrong and shows completely different colors, but it is still very clear, and the front view camera also has a blue tint to it.
- You have to turn off the rearview camera to get a better image quality for the front camera.
2. Rexing V1LG Dual Channel Car Dash Cam
The Rexing V1LG comes with a front camera and a high definition rear camera. It has a USB cable to plug the camera to your computer. It also comes with a short power cable for the front and a long power cable for the back camera.
It also comes with a tool to help install the cables, and a mounting piece to place the main camera on your vehicle. It auto powers on and off with the ignition of your car unless you mount it to a power source that stays on all the time, and if you do that and then park your car for a long period of time, it could potentially drain your battery.
It has a built-in GPS that can imprint the speed and location. You can review the video on the camera unit itself. It also has a loop recording that overrides the oldest recording when your memory card is full.
It also has a G4 sensor that detects the collision, locks the video file and would not override the particular video. It also has an audio recording and a time stamp. The camera has an HDR quality which is good for day and night.
- HD Dual Channel Recording
- Ultra Wide Angle Lens
- Loop recording
- Built-in GPS
- Up to 256GB Micro SD Card
- Front: 1080p HD video @ 30fps
- Rear: 720p @ 30fps
- Accident Auto Detection Sensor (G-sensor)
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Rexing V1LG Dual Channel Car Dash Cam.
- The camera has a side to adjust the camera to whatever angle you prefer for both front and rear.
- The camera does not come with a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth option
- In direct sunlight, the camera gets very hot and it might damage the camera. It is better to park your car where there is shade.
- The camera does not have infrared for night vision, and the rear camera is not clear at night. You can barely see anything.
3. Thinkware F800 Pro 2 Channel HD Dash Camera
The Thinkware F800 has a sleek black design with a stylish, yet discrete design. The LED indicator light can be disabled in the settings and it has well-placed buttons for ease of use. It weighs 104 grams and is lighter than it appears.
It has a dual recording featuring CMOS Sony Starvis sensors for front and back. You will be able to capture everything properly in the daytime and at night. The cloud feature enables you to get notifications on your phone and you can know easily where your car is even if you’re not driving it.
The driving impact notification activated when impact over 3G occurs while driving and sends a notification to your phone. The safety camera alert warns drivers of red light, lane departure, forward collision, front vehicle departure.
It also has four different recording mode; continuous recording, incident recording, manual recording, and energy saving recording. The video quality is very good and it enables super night vision at night.
It also reduces excessive bright light in the recording to retain the color detail. The night time picture quality correction helps to control brightness and color. The WiFi application allows you to access various settings from your camera.
- Parking mode options: motion recording, time lapse, energy saving mode
- Advanced Driver Assistance System: Lane departure warning system, Forward collision warning system, front vehicle departure warning, red light warning system
- Capacity: up to 128GB Micro SD Card
- Camera: Front – 2.13MP Sony Exmor R Starvis, Rear – 2.13MP Sony Exmor R Starvis
- Frame Rate: 30fps
- Viewing Angle – 1420 diagonal
- Built-in WiFi and GPS
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Thinkware F800 Pro 2 Channel HD Dash Camera.
- The video quality enables the camera to perform perfectly well in all aspects; daylight, cloudy days, and night time.
- You can find your car easily through the locate my vehicle application and tracks your car easily with the GPS system.
4. Aukey DR02 Dual Dash Cam
The Aukey DR02 is matte and made of plastic. The side facing the driver has a 1.5 LCD screen and 4 buttons below. The camera is very sturdy and the lens can be adjusted very well to suit your needs. The profile also makes it compatible with the vertical windshield.
The rear camera has a smaller body and is plainer than the front view camera. It has an adjustable lens of one side with a port for a USB cable. The camera is quite discrete and harder to notice by outsiders.
The security LED on the front can be seen by people passing, but this feature can be disabled in the settings. You should always ensure to check the camera to check if it works since you might not be aware that it has stopped working.
- Emergency Recording
- Loop recording
- Night vision
- Image sensors: Sony Exmor IMX323 2.24MP CMOS Sensors
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Aukey DR02 Dual Dash Cam.
- The camera functions very well with heat. This is an added advantage over other cameras.
- It does not come with GPS which means you might have to spend extra to get an external GPS if you need it.
- The camera does not come with a wireless remote, and while controlling it manually, you might press a wrong button.
- The camera takes about 14 seconds to turn on and start recording.
- It also has very poor notification. It only briefly flashed a message without audio, so you might not know when your camera has stopped working.
5. Z-edge T44.0 Dual Dash Cam
The Z-edge Dash Cam stands out majorly because of the 4-inch touch screen LCD and blue flashing LED. The camera is very unique and the design is bigger compared to other dash cams in the market. The power button is on the left side, and has a camera lens in front, with a 6 glass lens and an aperture of 2.0.
It has a 12ft Micro USB cable to power up and charge the camera. It also has a lithium-ion battery of 180amp. The push tool comes with it to hide wires in the car. It also comes with a car charger, sticks on cable clips, short micro USB cable to hook up the camera to your computers. It has a suction mouth.
The touch screen is very responsive and it records automatically when you turn it on. It has different modes; drive mode, scene mode, G sensor mode, parking mode. The LED screen is always on. You can turn the camera around easily to see the inside of the car if you want. You can also play or pause the video recording under the screen.
You can take a photo as well. There are more options of resolution for the front camera if the rearview camera is turned off. The camera occupies a lot of windshield space and it is very noticeable from the outside. The Audio and Video quality of the front and the rear is very good. It also works well at night.
- 4 inch LCD Touch screen
- Front- 1920 x 1080p @30fps, Rear – 2560 x 1440p @30fps
- Wide range
- 1550 field view lens
- Motion sensor
- Parking mode
- Audio recording
- Built-in G sensor
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Z-edge T44.0 Dual Dash Cam.
- Depending on how you see it, the constant LED light can serve as a deterrent to outsiders that intend to do something with the car.
- The 4 inch LCD Touch screen makes the camera a very unique one.
- The camera is not discrete because of the constant flashing of light and the size, also due to the fact that it stays in front of the windshield.
- Suction mouth is the only available option of installation.
6. Pezito Dual Dash Cam
The Petzio Dual Dash Cam comes with a power adaptor and a cable for the rear camera as well. It also has an in-built flashlight. The rearview camera is good for backing up when reversing at a car park.
The quality of the video is quite good as well. A USB cable which connects to the computer also comes with it. The camera can be installed with a suction cup. The video quality at night is also good. You can see clearly.
It has a G sensor that locks any video in case of an accident and does not let that video be overwritten. After parking, your camera will continue recording any movement it sees for a while, then it goes off automatically to save battery. It uses a lithium polymer battery.
- 170o angles
- IPS touch screen
- Loop recording
- Motion detector
- Up to 32GB Micro SD Card
- G sensor
- Resolution: 1080p, 720p, 480p
- The screen is quite large and clearer than most cameras
- The camera continues to work after it detects any movement when parking.
- It does not come with a GPS system, WiFi or Bluetooth.
7. Apeman C860 Series A Dual Dash Cam
For the Apeman C860 Series, you have a reduced resolution when you’re using both front and rearview camera at the same time. It comes with the big cable for the rear camera, USB charging cable, adapter and the little cable for the front camera.
The mounting system is the suction mouth. The dash cam is quite big and good quality images are sure to be expected from it. There is a parking mode and an emergency recording. There is also an audio recording.
The camera uses a press button and not a touch screen. The navigation buttons are easy to operate, and the camera lets you know when it stops recording. The recording starts when you start your car.
It is also advisable to set your date and time before you begin recording. A motion detection system is functioning as well and other alarm systems. The video is quite clear and visible during daylight. The microphone works well. Lithium-ion batteries are used.
- Screen size: 2.7-inch FTF Color LCD Screen
- Camera Lens: 150o wider angle
- Up to 128GB Micro SD Card
- Parking Monitor
- Night vision
- Loop recording
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Apeman C860 Series A Dual Dash Cam.
- The screen size is very large and makes it easier to see.
- The rear camera has poor quality at night and is not clear.
8. Toguard Backup Dual Camera with waterproof Reversing Camera
Toguard Backup Camera has an adjustable camera lens and a very wide screen that is touch sensitive. It comes with a long cable for the rear camera, a car charger and a USB cable to connect your PC.
It also has two elastic bungees to secure the dash camera onto the rearview mirror. It can be easily removed if needed. It has very clear image quality and comes with a GPS antenna. The rearview camera has LED for night vision.
It is a clean mirror that has 5 buttons below, and the lens at the back. It has a very sleek and slim design. It starts recording automatically as soon as it powers on. You can make some adjustments as well.
It has music, gallery, FM, adjustable screen brightness. The lens should be on the left side of the rearview mirror and strapped to the mirror properly. Adjust the lens to get a better view. Toguard Backup Dual Camera with waterproof Reversing Camera is the best dual dash cam with parking mode.
- 7 inch IPS Touch Screen
- 108 FHD Recording
- Front/Rear Camera Resolution: 1080p/480p
- Front/Rear View Lens angle: 170o/120o
- Built-in Lithium Polymer Battery
- Built-in microphone/loudspeaker
- Parking Monitor
- G sensor
- Reversing Camera Kit
- It is very easy to set up
- The screen is very large and very clear.
- It has a small internal battery which does not last very long.
9. TaoTronics Dual Dash Cam
TaoTronics Dual Dash Cam is quite a good camera. It comes with a cable for the front camera and a very long cable for the rearview camera. It comes with a USB cable to connect to the PC. It is easily removable and the lens can be adjusted easily.
It has loop recording and the in-built G sensor automatically locks videos with collisions or accidents and ensures it’s not overwritten. It also auto-records the front or rear when any motion is detected. It comes with a built-in Lithium Polymer battery.
- Image resolution: 1920 x 1080 30fps (front and rear)
- Emergency recording
- Parking sensor
- Motion sensor
- Image sensor: dual Sony IMX 323 sensors and NOVATEK NT96663 processor
- 3′ Large LCD Screen
- Up to 128 Micro SD Card
- 140o wide angle
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The TaoTronics Dual Dash Cam.
- The G sensor can be adjusted to different levels.
- There is no WiFi or GPS
10. Jimi JC 200 Dual Dash Cam
The Jimi JC 200 Dual Dash Cam is a good fit for Uber and Taxis since it allows them to monitor their passengers easily, as well as record their journey and time frame, figure out their location and monitors their driving patterns or behavior.
It has very clear video quality for the inside of the car, the front view, and the rear view. You can also track your vehicle with the GPS feature. There are various alarms that come with the camera like SOS, Voice, power on or off.
It uses Lithium Polymer Battery. It encourages support for transfers with Bluetooth. It has a clear HAD recording at 30 frames per second on a wide angle of a 140o lens and gets every detail. It also comes with a light sensor and an LED light. Jimi JC 200 Dual Dash Cam is the best dual dash cam with wifi.
- GPS tracking
- Remote Monitoring
- Audio Speaker
- Up to 32GB Micro SD Card
- G sensor
- Loop recording
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Jimi JC 200 Dual Dash Cam.
- It monitors the behavior of the driver and gives an accurate analysis of his behavior with the car.
- It helps to track the car with the GPS system.
Factors To Consider Before Buying a Dashboard Camera
There are a few factors you want to consider before buying a dashboard camera for your car. They will help you in choosing or selecting the type you prefer. Those factors include:
The notification lets you know when your camera is working and if they have some issues. It is very important than the quality of the video because sometimes your camera would have gone off and you would not be aware since you were not given any notifications. Some notifications are typed on the screen of the camera, some use audio notifications.
The sharpness and quality of the video is definitely important. You have a better chance at capturing license plates and driver’s faces after a hit and run or assault. A camera with a high-quality video is more expensive than a camera with a lower quality video.
Batteries and Capacitors:-
They provide energy to save videos after the camera loses power from your vehicle. The Lithium Ion batteries are used in cheaper cameras and they give you about 50 minutes of use, but they are prone to failing under hot weather and can damage the camera.
Capacitors, on the other hand, are more heat resistant and last much longer than lithium-ion batteries. The downside to them is that it is more expensive and they last long enough to shut down your camera.
Image processor and Image sensor:-
Inside a camera, those two things are very important. The image sensor collects light and turns it into a digital sensor for the processor. Better sensors are clear in low light situations. Image processor takes the digital information from the sensor and turns it into a video file.
The overall appearance of the camera:-
The size, shape, and color are usually important. For the size, a smaller camera is smaller to see compared to a much larger one. The shape is of different types and is up to you. Some are larger than others. You might prefer the larger ones due to the screen size, or prefer a smaller one, since it might be more discreet. The color depends on the buyer. Some people like very colorful camera, while some prefer black so it is unnoticeable and discrete.
There is the one that attaches to your rearview mirror, the other one attaches to your windshield like suction or it could be a tape. The tape is much better since it never falls off, and there is freedom of movement in turning the camera sideways, which is useful in capturing something that happens on the side of the road, but you would have to get a new tape if you are changing your car.
The suction, on the other hand, falls off easily depending on the weather and can shake sometimes, especially the weaker designs. The type of installation that is attached to the windshield might disturb the rearview mirror, but some people rather prefer it to have anything stick up on their windshield.
Dual Dashboard Cameras are quite convenient and essential to have in your car due to the various benefits it offers. Some come with GPS, which helps you with locations and even a find my car tracker which can help you find your car’s location in the case that someone has your car.
A great investment for yourself and your car is a dual dashboard camera. It not only saves you the cost of getting two separate cameras for the front view and the rear view, but also reduces the risk of falling victim of fraud, and makes it easier to show proof of whatever accidents that may occur on the road.