Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Electric Guitar Under 300 $ to buy in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out.
Electric guitars are well known for their quite electrifying quality sound, easy to adjust and set up qualities as well as being relatively easy to play because of their very light strings and thin necks all of which makes them easily-navigable and gives them a quite user-friendly characteristic.
However, they often get the bad rap of being very pricey and expensive which to some extent could be said to be logical as quality products or musical instruments, in this case, are always associated with higher prices.
Well, the good news is that you can still get to play and produce various styles of sounds and music on an electric guitar that is less than $300. It might seem too good to be true but it is indeed true. Various guitar brands ranging from Ibanez, Yamaha, Fender, Gretsch, and so many others make this possible.
Especially if you are a beginner and just about to start the journey to becoming a guitar pro, you might want to invest in inexpensive electric guitar so that you can easily learn the basics of guitar playing due to the major advantages associated with electric guitars as stated above and as your skills level increases, you can put in more financial investment.
Regardless of that, the under 300dollars electric guitars below are of such high quality that you would find it hard to even permanently put them away. Yes, they are that good.
There are quite of a number of high-quality electric guitars under $300 for you to choose from but not to worry, this article will guide your decision-making process.
In this article, we list and cover the best of the best under $300 electric guitars. We also give them honest reviews stating their features, pros, and cons with high hopes that after you are done going this article, choosing the best electric guitar under $300 that suits your taste and playing style becomes easy.
Here is the List Of The Best Electric Guitar Under 300 $ in 2019
With a body material made of basswood and a hardtail bridge system, the Squier by fender standard telecaster beginner electric guitar is known for its ability to give unique and powerful tunes.
Perfect for every guitarist, both old and new, this guitar is sturdy and its vintage appearance makes it all more lovable. Its construction is firm and it gives versatile sounds. With 6 strings and a single-coil pickup configuration,
- Weighs about 10.35 pounds and dimensions 44.3 by 15.1 by 4.1 inches
- Its back material is made from aga this, and its body material of basswood
- It has a light string gauge which improves its playability and tone significantly
- Standard truss rod that would ensure easy neck adjustment for a more precise pitch and tone
- A polyurethane finish that gives it a more durable look and properly protects the wood of the guitar.
- Gives a clear and sharp tone
- Allows for a play of different music styles
- It is easy to play and learn to make it perfect for beginners
- Its weight of about 10.35 pounds makes it quite heavy
The squire by fender standard telecaster beginner electric guitar ticks the look good, sound good and play good boxes. It is very affordable and makes for a great playing companion for you as a guitarist regardless of your playing skill which makes it to perfectly fit in our best electric guitar under 300 $ 2019 list.
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the Best Chromatic Harmonica to buy?, do read it If you are interested.
All guitars in the Yamaha series are high quality but this particular one is as exquisite as exquisite can be. Like every other Yamaha guitar, the Pacifica PAC112V is well built to do a guitar’s one job- to perform. It is also designed to give quality sound along with comfort and ample control.
With the Pacifica PAC112V, you are sure to get your money’s worth with its amazing playability and quality tone. Here are its features, pros, and cons
- Body made of solid alder that allows it to produce warm tones and weigh lightly
- Strong stock strings
- Medium jumbo frets
- Semi-translucent finish
- Volume controller and tone knobs
- Easy to bend radius
- The smooth neck that makes its playability great
- Top notch inline tuners
- High-quality knobs that are simply impossible to knock off
- Scale length with sharp low ends and solid mid
- Produces a wide range of tones
- Pickups are quite thin
- Its fret tends to buzz
For an electric guitar under $300, the Pacifica PAC112V is of superb quality. It delivers both good feel, great sound, and aesthetically pleasing looks.
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the Best classical guitar under 500 Australia To Buy, do read it If you are interested.
This guitar truly gives meaning to the statement “low price does not necessarily equate poor quality”. Cheap and affordable, the Jackson JS32 Dinky has a sturdy construction and impressive neck profile that makes you say less is more.
- The Jackson JS32 Dinky is made from solid, laminated wood that promises to make the guitar body durable and last longer.
- High output ceramic pickups
- Full fret range
- It boasts of high-quality tuners
- It produces great and clear sound
- It has a strongly crafted hardware that allows for it to last for a long time
- Easy fretwork
- Its fret ends get rather sharp causing it to protrude and be dry
- After prolonged use, the controlling lever tends to become loose but this can be easily fixed by tightening it
With a wallet-friendly price as well as great playability, the Jackson JS32 Dinky is one that would definitely give a great playing experience. It is definitely a good buy which makes it to perfectly fit in our best electric guitar under 300 $ 2019 list.
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the Best Yamaha Acoustic Guitar models To Buy, do read it If you are interested.
This one guitar allows you to play with both speed and strength right out of the box as it comes with a case. It is made with exceptional parts and is well-crafted. Of all the guitars in the RG lines, it is tagged the most distinctive and that is rightly so with these features, pros, and cons below
- A solid mahogany body which gives it a relatively greater bass tone and guards it against dents.
- 5-way switch
- Mahogany oil finish
- Maple neck
- Fretboard inlays that are distinctively shaped for easy playability
- Wizard III neck that gives speed
- Cosmo black hardware
- Comfort and speed
- Variety of sound and tonal range
- Strong and sturdy
- Top-notch articulation
- Hardware often requires upgrades
Affordable and perfect for beginners, the Ibanez RG421 Electric Guitar allows for easy playability and offers speed and comfort.
Note:- I have written a post for people looking for the Best semi acoustic guitar for blues To Buy, do read it If you are interested.
As its name implies, the Squier Deluxe Stratocaster is very fine in quality and luxurious. With a body made of basswood and finished with polyurethane, it is no surprise why this is so.
- It has a 5-position selector switch that allows for easy switching between pickups
- Double tone controls
- Glossy polyurethane finish
- Satin maple neck
- Made of basswood that allows for easy handling
- There are various types to choose from
- Clean and perfect finish
- Tightly secured neck
- Its tremolo gets unsteady and shaky at times
- Fret ends tends to get sharp
All guitars from Epiphone are reliable and the Epiphone Les Paul-100 Electric Guitar is no exception. With a classic feel and look and a bolt-on neck joint, this guitar is beautiful and gives beautiful tones as well.
- Rosewood fingerboard that makes it easy to play
- Mahogany solid wood for durability
- Tune-o-Matic bridge for accurate tones
- Glossy body finish
- Durable hardware
- Easy to play
The Epiphone Les Paul-100 Electric Guitar is a great choice for both beginners and intermediate level players who seek comfortability and varying amazing tones while playing.
This electric guitar is one that gives impressive playability at a relatively cheap price and is crafted with great workmanship.
- Weighs 35 pounds with a dimension of 43.3 x 19 x 15 inches
- Body type is made of Agathis
- Rosewood fretboard
- Guitar cable
- Built to last long due to its Agathis body type
- Lightweight strings that make playing easy
- An amplifier has a distortion on it that allows for sharp tones
- Comfortable to play due to its rounded edges
- Good to go straight out of the box
- Solid sound and volume
- Clean Tone
- Truss rod gets dry but this can be solved with exposure to moisture
- The guitar cable does not stay together for long and has to be replaced after sometime
There’s everything to love about the Yamaha Gigmaker EG. It is comfortable to play, comes at a giveaway price and produces a sharp, clean tone.
8. Esp Ltd M-50
Well-suited for all kinds of music styles, this guitar combines both reliability with durability a sit has a great finish and all of its mechanical parts are fully functional. It also has a sleek and simple looking body that makes it all the more appealing.
- Bolt-on neck construction
- Great out of the box
- Maple neckpiece
- Weighs 16 pounds
- 3-way blade for switching between pickups
- High-quality value for its price
- Great lower mid-range configurations
- A wide range of well-balanced tones
- The pickups are not so clear and sometimes, replacements have to be done to allow for more tone clarity.
If you are looking for an electric guitar that allows you to play a wide range of tones and any kind of music style perfectly without breaking the bank, the Esp Ltd M-50 is your best bet.
Known for its unique V-shape which gives it cool and vintage vibes, the Dean VX Classic Black is a very good deal, especially for beginners. Though some are of the school of thought that a V-shape guitar is not exactly ideal for a beginner but in the real sense of it, the V-shape is more of an advantage than a disadvantage as its shape means that there is easier access to frets on the top end of the guitar.
- 2 volume knobs and a tone knob
- Well sealed tuners
- It gives a rich and warm tone
- Light in weight
- Its neck is a combination of maple and rosewood which causes it to give a warm tone
- The neck tends to be unstable though this can be quickly fixed by tightening the screws on the neck.
The affordable, unique and tone richness qualities of the Dean VX Classic Black puts it up the list as a good buy.
The Gretsch brand is known for its exquisite sound and look and for these qualities, they stand out and draw musicians and performers alike to themselves. They build for both professionals and amateurs alike and thisGretschElectromatic Jet Club guitar is just perfect and gives high value for its under $300 price.
- Hollow chambered body
- Double color scheme
- Both master volume and master tone controls
- Three various smooth finishes to choose from
- Solid construction
- Component are finely designed
- Easy navigation
Easy to use and high quality, the thisGretschElectromatic Jet Club guitar is definitely a win-win for anyone who purchases it.
Solid bodied Oscar Schmidt OE20 is a favorite amongst guitar players of all levels. Maybe not the most popular of all guitar brand names, it sure has a lot to offer at an affordable price.
- Double pickups
- Three-way pickup selector switch
- Volume and tone control knobs
- Solid mahogany build
- Vintage look
- Light to hold and has a great weight distribution
- High-quality string
- Stable tuning
- The nut might need replacement as it is not very durable
This Oscar Schmidt OE20 electric guitar plays well, looks good and sounds just as good.
12. Dean Vendetta XM
The Dean Vendetta XM is another under $300 guitar that ticks all boxes. With a unique body material of paulownia that is known to be a very light tone wood, this guitar is definitely one to be loved.
- It weighs only 2.5 pounds! This makes it super lightweight and suitable for you if heavy guitars do not tickle your fancy.
- It has a satin natural finish that gives a sleek, cool look.
- Its neck construction is a bolt-on
- Dual action truss rod that gives the guitar a double dose of neck balance
- Tune-o-Matic bridge style
- Tuners are well sealed and not at risk of falling off
- Solid body and performance
- Strong tuning properties
- A wide range of tones
- Top notch resonance
- The edges around the neck are quite rough
- It tends to get out of tune quickly
- Its body material paulownia makes it dent quickly because of its very lightweight
The combination of a dual action truss rod and a Tune-o-Matic makes this guitar package one of the best electric guitar under 300 $ 2019 list.
13. ESP LTD EC-10
This one is very popular among well know metal legends and is the perfect choice for you if rock music is your thing.
- Bolt-on maple neck
- Two-piece bridge
- Strong fit and finish
- The slim body shape that makes it easy to carry and play
- Glossy finish that accentuates its looks
- Good quality Tune-o-Matic
- Single tone and control knob
- Gives a warm rich tone
- Perfect for metal and rock performances
- Its tuning is quite stable
- Comfortable to use
It is safe to say that the ESP LTD EC-10 is one you should go for if you are all about very cheap yet good tuned guitars
Dubbed as one of the most wallet-friendly ways to get the amazing SG tone, the Epiphone SG-Special Electric Guitar is crafted in such a way that guards it against dents and defects.
- Mahogany body material
- Integrated tone knob
- Stop bar tailpiece that allows for strings to be easily replaced
- Glossy body finish
- Standard truss rod
- Solid build and finish enhancing durability
- Incredible pickups
- The neck is easy to navigate
- Tuning is very stable
- No fret buzz occurrences
- Its tone is relatively unclear but this can easily be rectified by making string adjustments
- Tends to make a buzzing noise if the amplifier is played really loud
With this Epiphone SG-Special Electric Guitar, you would be getting extremely great quality for your money. Safe to say that with it, less is indeed more.
This guitar produced by Fender, the producers of other aforementioned guitars like the Squier Deluxe Stratocaster is another one under $300 electric guitar you should consider buying. With its unique aesthetics and features
- Solid body made of Alder
- Maple neck
- Unique butterscotch finish
- Polyurethane neck finish
- Smooth neck edges
- Quality sound and feel
- Tightly secured joints that ensure durability
- Solid build
- Sharp intonation
- Its frets are quite rough
- Its pickups are relatively weak
Nice aesthetics, strong solid build, tightly secured joint, sharp intonations and more for an electric guitar under $300 for this Squier Affinity Series Telecaster (SS) might seem too good to be true but yes, it is true and is ideal for both beginners and other level skills alike.
16. Ibanez GRX20
From the Ibanez brand, this GRX20is built for great speed and action particularly for entry-level guitar learners.
- Basswood body build
- Dual pickups
- 3-way selector switch
- Maple neckpiece
- Easy playability
- A thin neck that makes it easy to navigate
- Low distance from the strings to the fret which improves its playability.
- Strap nuts are not so tightened
- The tremolo has a limited action and effect
- The pickups are not the best out there but they still get the job done
Its thin neck profile makes it just perfect for entry-level guitar players and even professional players who just want to use it for jamming sessions.
This great value for a cost under $300 is versatile as it is perfect for all music genres and styles.
- Agathis body type
- Maple neckpiece
- Both master volume and master control knobs
- Weighs 10.8 pounds and has a dimension of 48 by 18 by 4.5 inches
- Combination pickup configuration
- Humbucker bridge
- Its action is fast
- Solid bodied and long lasting
- Its smooth neck allows for fluid movement and playing
- Plays all genres and styles perfectly
- The frets are not so big
This Yamaha Pacifica Series PAC012 electric guitar promises to give you your money’s worth and make the guitar playing process fun and easy.
Guide to Buying a Best Electric Guitar Under 300 $ in 2019
Yes, there are affordable electric guitars out there but it can still be tasking trying to determine which exactly you should go with.
With all of the amazing features and pros stated above, it can feel like you should buy everything because who doesn’t want the best of all worlds.
However, discretion has to come to play and some factors have to be considered before you decide which exactly you want to stick with.
As choosing the right guitar is not only capable of making your journey from a beginner to a pro easier, it also makes the learning process less tasking for you, here are some tips to guide through the decision making of which electric guitar you should drop your dollars for.
Determine your budget:-
To ease the confusion and help cut down on your choices, it is best to have a budget limit on how much you want to spend on the purchase of your guitar.
Though the guitars above are all under $300 dollars, they are still in varying prices and so, it is better to cut through all the options by setting a budget limit and then taking it from there while keeping in mind that the better the features and the quality of the guitar is, the more likely you are to stick with it.
Preferences and skills should be considered:-
Beyond the budget now, you have to make sure that whatever you are going to be buying is what you really love and you are certain the sight or thought of it would make you motivated to pick it up. On the skill level, as a beginner, you sure want to invest in a guitar that is easy to play and is durable.
It is important to note that quality and preferences is just as important as the cost of the guitar to be purchased. It might be tempting to opt for the cheapest of the bunch but it would be of no use if you eventually do not benefit from the purchase. So, your best bet is to go for that guitar that made you fall in love with it regardless of whatever reasons that might be.
Know and understand the qualities of tonewoods:-
In an electric guitar, the tonewood is simply the wood found on the body and neck of the guitar. There are different types and each has its specificities. It could be mahogany, alder, Agathis and so many others.
It is beneficial to have a basic understanding of what comes with each tonewood and determine which you would rather work with. Alder for example that is used in the Yamaha’s Pacifica PAC112V is known for its clear and sharp tones.
Mahogany, on the other hand, is known to be dense and give a resonant tone. So, while you might want a guitar with a warm resonant tone, the thought of the weight that comes with working with a guitar that has mahogany tonewood might not appeal to you or be comfortable for you.
Read online reviews:-
Though there are a ton of reviews on guitar online, you would find out that the majority of them are mixed. The guitar customer A praises might just be what customer B dislikes which could make everything more confusing.
The key here is to do an expansive review reading and to do it on a reputable website. Take note of all the praises and criticisms each guitar on your list gets and then figure out which rocks your boat better.
Look up to your guitar hero for inspiration:-
Chances are very high that you got inspired to start playing the guitar because of someone whose personality or skills you admire. Well, that person might just be the deciding factor when it comes to choosing your own guitar so, you might as well look up to them on that front.
It is likely they use guitars way more expensive than what your budget dictates but a little research here and there about them can just make you know the guitar they also began practicing with.
There are a wide range of electric guitars out there and if you are looking to purchase a quality electric guitar without burning a hole in your wallet, then one of the under $300 guitars is your best bet.
They are pocket-friendly and promise to give you your money’s worth. The five tips above too would help guide you in choosing which of the many electric guitars you should go for.