Are you curious to know about the best electric skateboard under 500 $ in 2022? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list.
Without any further delay, let’s find out. 👓👓
A bit of history on the origin of skateboards reveals that skateboards were an ingenious idea of riding a surfboard without the waves.
It was riding air on wheels. Over the years, skateboarding and skateboarders have made a name for themselves in competitive sports, even using it to coach misdemeanor kids.
With the entire buzz around skateboards, some countries like Norway banned public skateboarding in the year spanning 1978 to 1989 because of the number of injuries that occurred.
The ban was lifted after proper measures were implemented, and skateboarders enjoyed wearing the right gear for protection.
From 1965 till date, skateboards have moved from cardboard and tin designs to using assorted types of wood to create stronger and more flexible boards that withstand most weather conditions.
Furthermore, with the addition of PU by Cadillac motors, the skateboard became a thing to fancy and has remained so since then.
Almost every kid in America has a skateboard; they are fun and edgy, and with the proper gears, will get you to and fro your destination in style.
However, you must be thinking, what kind of skateboard will you get for 500 dollars? That will be death, but NOOOO, there are pretty good skateboards on the market that will serve the same purpose as the high-scale ones and probably even better.
So to get you started, we have well-skated through the market and have come up with a pretty collection that will stunt you down the street with assurance and safety. Shall we start?
Best Electric Skateboard Under 500 $ – Our Picks
Tagged as the world’s lightest electric skateboard, the Acton Lite is the best skateboard for kids and teenagers that love to ride the freedom to their destination.
This 30 inches long skateboard is best for students going to school or getting the chores done faster than their feet. The battery takes an amazing two hours to charge, allowing you to get the board charged for the next round of rides.
- Top speeds of 10 miles per hour
- It can cover a distance of 5 miles
- Bluetooth remote control
- It weights 7.7 pounds and can accommodate a weight of 130 pounds
- Battery charge time is 2 hours
- The board length is 30 inches
- Maple wood deck
- A high-performance electric skateboard with Bluetooth remote control button unit
- LED lighting for the nighttime skateboarder
- It comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee in case of any damage
- It comes with a six-month warranty
- It’s the perfect gift for any occasion
- A skateboard built for the road – it’s sturdy, durable, and well-built to last.
- The board might break with a heavier weight on it
- It can only go a distance of 5 miles on one full battery charge.
2. Swagtron Swagboard NG-1 – Best electric skateboard 2022
Skateboarders love the Swagboard because its maple wood deck and superior grip tape allow optimal comfort and stability during skating.
With the UL 2272 certification, the Swagboard electric skateboard meets the requirement for comfortable skating anywhere, putting it in our Best electric skateboard under 500 USD 2022 list.
- Powered by a 4 volts lithium-ion Fe battery
- Can attain top speeds of 11 miles per hour
- It can cover a distance of 10 miles with a single battery charge
- A wireless LED remote control system controls it
- The remote control system controls the speed, stopping, cruise control, and skating experience.
- Polyurethane wheels for great shock absorption and a smooth ride
- The board has great flex for even weight distribution
- The 3 hours charge time will take you on 11 miles of fun
- The 24-volt battery is properly shielded and doesn’t interrupt the rider
- It is lightweight at 9.5 pounds and carries a body weight of 176 pounds
- The 32 inches board serves a well-balanced length for any rider.
- The battery isn’t long-lasting
- Poor customer relation service
3. Blitzart Mini – Best electric skateboard under $300
Blitzart electronic skateboard is a beautiful and strong ergonomic board that is comfortable and easy to use is powered by a 24 volts lithium-ion battery pack that charges in two hours.
The wireless remote control system determines how the skateboard works. Regarding the board’s performance, it is sturdy and works well in most terrain and is a great board for learners and pros alike.
- The board is 28 inches long
- Wheels are 2.8 inches wide
- Powered by a 250 watts motor
- Can reach top speeds of 12 miles per hour
- A fully charged battery will take you 5 to 8 miles
- Battery charges under 2 hours
- Board make maple wood and bamboo for strength and flexibility
- Cost 199.99 dollars on Amazon
- Board comes fully assembled to save you time.
- Stable, durable, and sturdy deck for balance and flexibility
- 5-ply maple wood and bamboo for strength and toughness
- A 250 watts brushless motor for a quiet and calming ride
- Excellent board for school and chores
- Carries a maximum body weight of 250 pounds
- Can function manually or electrically to get you to your destination
- It is not designed for tricks, as it will break it.
At the time of our research on “Best Electric Skateboard Under 500 $”, we found a video about “15 EASIEST SKATEBOARD TRICKS FOR BEGINNERS” which is worth watching.
4. Yuneec E-G02 Electric Longboard Skateboard
Yuneec E-GO2 electric skateboard has come a long way with some upgrades from its former products. The skateboard is now 42 inches from its 36 inches, creating room for more balance and control as you cruise around town.
Although not the cheapest, it provides the rider good balance, flexibility, and comfort.
- Powered by a 400 watts motor
- It weighs 14 pounds and carries a weight of 220 pounds
- Riders can enjoy a top speed of 18 miles per hour on this skateboard
- It has a range of 18 miles on a fully charged battery
- Battery charge time ranges from 2 to 3 hours
- The deck is made of thick composite wood
- The excellent braking system for all terrains
- Great steering and control
- A good skateboard for all tricks and jumps
- Very light but durable and sturdy skateboard
- Has superior grip tape for a firmer and safer ride
- Great for uphill movements
- The skateboard comes in different colors just for you
- Can’t go past the speed set by the company
- Not waterproof
5. LiftBoard Single Motor Electric Skateboard
The lift board is worth every penny with a lift angle of 15 degrees—this 7-ply maple wood skateboard is designed for strength, comfort, and style on or off the road.
With a weight of 265 pounds, the LiftBoard will comfortably cruise you 16 miles per hour with great speed control and balance, giving you the best riding experience of all time.
- The board length is 39 inches
- It is belt-driven
- Powered by a 900 watts motor
- Can reach speeds up to 16 miles per hour
- Battery charge time is 3 hours
- Range distance is 16 miles on a single battery charge
- Board is built with 7-ply maple wood with ergonomic grip tape
- Excellent beginners skateboard
- Very affordable
- Durable, sturdy, and effective on the road
- Single motors give you better control over your skateboard and skating experience.
- Very sturdy board, especially for a heavyweight person
- The grip tape slacks over time
- The remote control is of cheap quality
At a weight of 11 pounds, this electric skateboard will comfortably carry a body weight of 220 pounds without any problem cruising around to and from school. Students and commuters mostly use this board.
The best part is the faster charge and the speed on a very light skateboard. Besides, the Acton S is the best among the brand and delivers on performance, excellence, and usability, which makes us put in our Best electric skateboard under 500 $ 2022 list.
- A motor of 1000 watts powers the skateboard
- The attainable speed is 15 miles per hour
- Distance coverage of 7 miles on a full battery charge
- The deck is built with aircraft aluminum and Canadian maple wood
- Battery charge time is one hour
- Excellent on all terrain with a 15-degree inclination
- Lightweight and very portable
- The Acton app allows users to partake in weekly challenges and create a name for themselves on the site as the best in various categories.
- It has night-riding safety lights and steers clear of cars and people.
- Six months warranty on the board
- Excellent support system and help when the board is damaged
- Easy to ride, pick up and carry around school
- Will not support heavy-weight riders
- The battery will need changing over time
7. Razor Electric Skateboard
This is the ideal board for young teens that love speed but want safety and stability on the road. At less than 200 dollars, this Longboard is seen on most school campuses and street corners where young adults mostly occupy or hang out.
The Razor electric skateboard comes with a powerful lithium-ion battery that can propel the rider to a distance of a couple of miles in a short time.
The Razor skateboard comes fully assembled, and riders can enjoy it off the box with any problem.
- A 125 watts power motor
- Top speed of 10 miles per hour
- It covers a distance of 10 miles with a full battery charge
- It weighs 12 pounds and carries a weight of 220 pounds
- The deck surface is built with 5-ply bamboo for super flexibility and strength
- Two to three hours charges the battery to full for another round of skating
- Perfect on smooth terrain and not off-road
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Razor Electric Skateboard that earned it a spot in our list of Best electric skateboard under 500 $.
- A good skateboard for large and tall people with a dimension of 3.75 x 10.6 x 5.7 inches
- It can be used continuously for 40 minutes without stopping
- Stable and sturdy deck for optimum balance and control
- Great skateboard for beginning and intermediate users
- It is affordable
- 80 mm tires ensure stability and smoothness of the ride
- It lacks chains or a belt
- The alignment can be off sometimes
- It is noisy
8. Fitnessclub Motorized Electric Skateboard
Pro riders can enjoy the speed this skateboard invokes when they speed past 22 miles per hour on a stable, sturdy, and smooth board.
The dual motors power the skateboard at a go, and users don’t need any leg power to kick-start the board. Like all other models in this brand, it has a wireless remote control that allows you to control the skateboard and the PU tires are just what is needed for a bumpless ride.
Below are some of the features of The Fitnessclub Motorized Electric Skateboard that earned it a spot in our list of Best electric skateboard under 500 $.
- It comes with 2 motors of 400 watts each
- Can go at top speeds of 22 miles per hour
- It covers a range of 12.5 miles
- Battery charge time is 2 hours
- The deck surface is built with 8-ply Canadian maple wood
- At a weight of almost 14 pounds, it comfortably carries 220 pounds
- Flat terrain use alone
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Fitnessclub Motorized Electric Skateboard that earned it a spot in our list of Best electric skateboard under 500 $.
- It is waterproof
- It has accessories like a USB cable, power adapter, instruction manual, and screw tools.
- The perfect skateboard to get your adrenaline running on high
- Easy brake system
- A battery life indicator to alert you when to charge your Longboard
- A 36.4 inches deck with eight layers of Canadian maple wood ensures that you will enjoy all rides well-supported
- Dual motor for unbelievable speed
- Great for commuting and traveling through the city
- It can be a difficult board for a newbie
- Board is strong but will suffer wear and tear with continuous use
9. Maxfnd Electric skateboard
This very light, strong skateboard lives up to its name, performance, durability, and style. With a power of 500 watts, you are bound to enjoy the ride of a lifetime on this skateboard. The weight also makes it easy to carry when the battery is down.
Below are some of the features of The Maxfnd Electric skateboard that earned it a spot in our list of Best electric skateboard under 500 $.
- It comes with a 500 watts motor
- Weight 8.1 pounds and carries a weight of 220 pounds
- Battery charges in one hour
- Top speed of 12.5 miles per hour
- Distance covered with full battery charge is 12.4 miles
- The deck is made with 8-ply maple wood
- Solid wood deck for good balance and steer
- A Samsung Li-Ion battery that lasts long
- Waterproof for rainy days
- It has a quick-charging battery
- It can’t be used for off-road riding
- It doesn’t have enough range like other skateboards
10. Airwheel M3 – Best electric skateboard under $400
Airwheel is a brand name in all this electric and is doing pretty well for too. The Airwheel M3 is the best model under 500 dollars, with excellent features that will wow any skateboarder.
On a full charge, the M3 will redefine what you understand by skateboarding. This board is smooth and fun, and the tires are balanced on or off the road.
The sturdiness of this skateboard makes them a choice for all skateboarders, whether pro or beginners. The 4.5 inches solid rubber tires will take you to the distance and back without hassle.
Below are some of the features of The Airwheel M3 Electric Longboard Skateboard that earned it a spot in our list of Best electric skateboard under 500 $.
- Can carry a weight of 220 pounds
- A speed of 13 miles per hour
- Distance coverage of 12 miles with full battery charge
- Battery charge time is 2 hours
- The deck surface is made of Canadian maple wood
- The board length is 32 inches for extra stability
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Airwheel M3 Electric Longboard Skateboard that earned it a spot in our list of Best electric skateboard under 500 $.
- Bluetooth remote control
- A very light board at 25 pounds
- Very sturdy and stable build
- The Li-ion battery lasts through a 12-mile range
- The battery lasts long and is quick to charge
- Extra-large tires for powerful control and stability
- You can control the acceleration, and deceleration, and this skateboard can go in reverse too
- Great in all weather
- The battery is bulky and can be noticed underneath the board
- The heavier the weight, the slower it will work
Best electric skateboard under 500 $: What To Consider
Just because they cost 500 dollars and less doesn’t make them any less effective on the road. However, before putting a down payment for a skateboard, there are some things to consider:
As with all things, price determines if you will get it or not, and the skateboard is no different. The cheaper skateboards also hold their place on the market and have given kids that love to ride around the opportunity to have one and fit in with their friends.
For more information on the boards listed here, please check Amazon for more details or go directly to their website.
Nothing makes the skateboard more than the speed. Each board has its limits and range on the road. Most skateboards will go the distance, but if you want to perform cool tricks with your skateboard, you should consider strength and durability.
Skateboards are light and need to remain in case your battery runs out. The lighter the skateboard, the more speed and steering power you have over it. It also means that you can carry it without wearing out your arm.
The battery life and charge:-
The faster the charge, the more time you have to ride around town. So for a student, battery life must be long-lasting and cover the distance without stranding you.
Whether it is remote-controlled or Bluetooth, the skateboard certainly goes the distance. A remote control allows you to start your board without worry.
The deck carries all the weight and bulk of the load on the skateboard. So choose one that is strong enough, durable, and flexible to carry your weight as your cruise around the streets. The more the ply, the firmer the board will feel to the rider.
Skateboards are designed for smooth or rough terrains. Not all skateboards are off-road, but most are okay for smooth surfaces. However, define the purpose and use of the Skateboard and choose accordingly.
Due to their constant use, electric skateboards have a short warranty—some areas short as six months and longer. Depending on the use, check the warranty and customer support before making a purchase.
No matter how strong a skateboard is, it can break at some point due to weight and trick performance.
It is not a skateboard without wheels; a durable wheel makes the distance and journey fun and safe. To truly enjoy the skateboard, choose wheels made of polyurethane for durability and stability.
The Benefit of having an electric skateboard:-
People that have never been on a skateboard think electric skateboarding is an accident waiting to happen, but it is not.
Having a skateboard can be the difference between having it all and well have it all. Thanks to innovation and research, skateboards are now safer, easier to ride, durable, have full steering control and are fun.
Going the distance for less time is how a skateboard slogan should sound. If you are already on a normal skateboard, converting to an electric skateboard will take the stress off your leg and give you more control of your distance and range.
Furthermore, you can cover more distance with an electric skateboard, and it is better than riding a bike or car. You never have to worry about the traffic and being late for school or the office.
Being on a skateboard is exciting; you only get this feeling when you are on one. The best way to have a great time on wheels and be safe is riding a skateboard, and an electric type is a way to go.
Although they are called electric skateboards, they can be ridden manually, giving you control of the speed and steerability of the board on the road.
Most skateboards have a minimum speed of 10 miles per hour, except for kid’s types. The remote control allows you to monitor your speed and ensure that you are always within a reasonable speed limit for safety reasons.
Trick and stunts:-
Now, this is fun, the tricks to get along and become a member of a group or association. Skateboarding is a hobby that can quickly translate into a career or even a competition that will have you earning a good income while having the fun of your life.
It is dangerous if it moves and is on wheels with speed, and the skateboard is no different.
Even the pros need the right safety gear to ward off life-threatening injuries like broken bones, crushed skulls, and even death in the worst cases.
The proper gears are:-
- A helmet for your head
- Knee and elbow guard
- A hand glove and good shoes
Skateboards have to be learned too. They are like cars, and before you can comfortably start skating down the road, know the basics and follow them properly.
Things to know are:-
- How to stand on a skateboard
- The right bending and leaning position
- Learn the proper feet positions on the skateboard
- How to kick-start and brake on the speed
- Understanding the terrains and the breaking points
- How to understand the angles and, most importantly, stay light on your feet
Skateboards are fun and a great ride, but so are injuries you incur without knowing the fundamentals of the game.
So if you have mastered the arts of skateboarding and what to take to the roads, the above are skateboards that won’t break the bank and give you the best time of your life.