Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best External Sound Cards For Gaming and Recording to buy in 2020? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 👓👓
An external sound card is one piece of device that music enthusiasts probably can’t do without, especially those that have to rely on their PC as the main source of music.
Ordinarily, a computer or PC isn’t well built to give the users any kind of listening pleasure. Individuals who desire to make their computers a music player would definitely have to work their ways around it.
Sometimes, this can be done by installing some internal or external application on the PC to heighten the listening experience. In recent times though, a perfect way that has been devised is to buy an external sound card and connect it with the computer externally.
Through this, the computer can be totally transformed into a home theatre system that would provide every bit of sound and audio quality as desired by the owner.
Going about this is quite easy as you only need to purchase an external sound card and connect it to one of the ports on your computer. After this, you are well on your way to deriving audio joy and pleasure.
What makes an external sound card unique is the fact that it comes with multiple outputs where you can connect all sort of audio equipment like the subwoofers, amplifiers, etc. and all of these are what will enhance the entire audio quality.
Also, this device is external and this means you don’t have to risk the safety of your PC by connecting another device to it internally. They are also known to be portable, compact, and easy to install and remove when the need arises.
At the time of our research on “Best External Sound Cards”, we found a video about “Do you Need a Sound Card?” which is worth watching. 🏆
For an individual who is looking towards purchasing an external sound card for their PCs, it is important for you to realize that the market is filled with a lot of products from different brands. The truth is, not all of these brands or products are able to deliver on the exact thing you want.
This is why it is advisable to look out for the best products from the best brands at all times. In order to make the whole process simpler for you, we have come up with a list of the best external sound cards that are available in the current market.
Inputting together this list, we considered a lot of factors that we consider important to consider any product as excellent and we also paid a great deal of attention to the value each product represents when compared to the cost of purchasing it.
We also consider the credibility of the brands as well as the opinions of the previous buyers of such products.
Best External Sound Cards: Our Top Pick
After a thorough perusal of all the options available in the market currently, the products listed below are the top picks that we are recommending for you.
1. UGREEN USB Audio Adapter External Stereo Sound Card
The UGREEN USB Audio Adapter External Stereo Sound Card is one of the best options you can get in the current market for its price. Going for just $8.15, this external sound card is reliably built to change your whole listening experience.
You can conveniently say goodbye to poor sound quality whenever you use this device wherever you are. It would comfortably bump up the audio quality of your computer and provide other smart options that you desire when in an external sound card.
For instance, this device allows you to engage in voice chatting when gaming and it also comes with flexible cable design. It also comes with stereo sound effects and supports the plug and play feature.
Also, you should know that this device is compatible with a lot of devices, including, 3.5mm headphones and microphones jack for Windows, Mac, Linux, Desktops and even PS4.
With this device, you wouldn’t need to fret about the electromagnetic interference as it is built to bypass that and provide you with a superior audio experience at all times.
Another thing to note is that this device is tough and durable, but also lightweight, which makes it the perfect device for the younger generation.
The manufacturers also provide an 18-month warranty for the device which should serve as the perfect insurance for buyers which makes it fit in our best external sound cards 2020 lists.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of UGREEN USB Audio Adapter External Stereo Sound Card that earned it a spot in our list of Best External Sound Cards to get in 2020.
- This device comes with a sturdy built which makes it quite durable.
- It is quite easy to use and install. In fact, there is no driver involved as it is just plugged and play.
- It comes with a lot of smart features which makes it a great pull for the younger generation.
- The device offers great compatibility as it is able to work with a lot of devices, including, Linux, and Mac computers, desktop, PS4, etc.
- You can be assured of great audio quality as soon as you plug it in as it is reliably built to enhance the audio quality of your computer.
- At a price of just $8.15, this is probably one of the best external sound cards out there when it comes to value for money.
- There have been a few complaints about the long term reliability of this device.
- Its power efficiency has been questioned at times and there is the problem of static sounds in the long run.
2. StarTech 7.1 Audio Adapter External Sound Card
The StarTech 7.1 Audio Adapter External Sound Card is one of the best options available in the market without mincing words. This external sound card is tastefully built to help you in totally transforming your PC to a home theatre system.
This device comes with multiple outputs and dual-mic and it comes in a classy silver color. At a price of over $30, it is not cheap, but it comes with more than enough features that justify the price tag.
The moment you connect this external sound card to your computer, what you start enjoying is an unrivaled audio quality that would leave you truly satisfied.
This device comes with a 7.1 channel home theatre that allows you to enjoy a superior audio quality at all times.
With this external sound card, installation and usage are pretty simple. In fact, connectivity doesn’t require any sort of driver as it comes with the innovative plug and plays feature. It is also built to be durable and strong as evidenced by the silver panel.
If you are a gamer, this is the external sound card for you as it allows you to combine both your gaming and music needs at the same time without any disruption.
Compatibility is another huge factor that makes this device appealing as it can be easily connected to a host of home and office devices, including, desktop computers, Mac, Linux, and Windows computer, as well as PS4 which makes it to put in our best external sound cards for gaming 2020 list. It also comes with a two-year warranty and lifetime technical support.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of StarTech 7.1 Audio Adapter External Sound Card that earned it a spot in our list of Best External Sound Cards to get in 2020.
- It comes with a 7.1 channel home theatre that gives rise to a superior audio quality at all times.
- It comes with lifetime technical support.
- It is highly compatible with a wide range of audio and sound devices as well as gaming consoles.
- It comes with a solid build that would enhance durability.
- It comes with a plug and plays feature that allows for easy installation.
- It didn’t come with an HD audio pin for the mic jacks and headphones.
- At a price of over $30, this external sound card is quite expensive.
3. BENGOO External Audio Adapter
Looking for an external sound card that would elevate the audio quality of your computer at an affordable price? Then, the BENGOO External Audio Adapter Stereo Sound Card Converter is your plug.
For just $10.99, you would have access to this highly efficient device that is built to lift your auditory experience. This device comes with a stereo High Fidelity (HiFi) sound and a plug and plays feature which allows you to enjoy superior audio quality on the go.
It also comes with multiple interfaces that allow you to connect various audio devices, coupled with a sleek and amazing design. In spite of the beautiful design, it still possesses qualities that make it last longer.
It also comes with a compact design that makes it very mobile. Another thing that makes this external sound card stand out is the ease with which it could work with virtually all sound devices and operating systems.
Due to its multiple outlets, you can easily connect it with various audio devices like speakers, subwoofers, headphones, microphones, etc. and it works seamlessly with the Linux, Windows, and Mac operating systems. BENGOO External Audio Adapter is the best external sound cards for mac.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of BENGOO External Audio Adapter that earned it a spot in our list of Best External Sound Cards to get in 2020.
- It comes with a sleek and beautiful design.
- It is highly compatible with multiple ranges of audio equipment and works easily with virtually all the operating systems.
- It comes with a compact design which makes it highly mobile.
- For all its amazing features, it is quite affordable at just $10.99
- It doesn’t require ant drivers as it comes with the plug and plays feature.
- The microphone volume is considered low by a lot of users.
- There are a lot of concerns regarding the long time effectiveness of this external sound card.
4. DigitalLife External 7.1 USB Sound Card
The DigitalLife External 7.1 USB Sound Card is one of the newest options in the market. This external sound card comes with multiple outlets that allow you to create the perfect audio quality by connecting the device to a wide range of audio equipment.
It is the ideal external sound card for music lovers, gamers and folks who just desire to explore in order to arrive at the perfect audio quality.
This device goes all out to connect the digital and analog bridge in order for your computer to bring out the superior audio quality that is reminiscent of a home theatre system.
It comes with easy to use volume control which ensures that your ear is perfectly protected at all times. It also comes with an external soundbox and dual-mic input. This device is sturdily built and it is guaranteed to last long.
In spite of its sturdy built, it is still very compact and can be easily moved from one place to another without any form of hassle. Another great thing about this external sound card is compatibility.
It is compatible with devices such as desktop computers, laptop computers, subwoofers, speakers, game consoles, etc. It is also very compatible with the windows and Mac operating systems. DigitalLife External 7.1 USB Sound Card is the best external sound cards for recording.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of DigitalLife External 7.1 USB Sound Card that earned it a spot in our list of Best External Sound Cards to get in 2020.
- It comes with the 7.1 channel for the superior audio experience.
- It is capable of connecting the digital and analog bridge in order to provide the perfect audio system for your computer.
- It is sturdily built and guaranteed to last long.
- It offers great compatibility with a wide range of audio devices and operating systems.
- It comes with easy to use volume control which helps in protecting the ears.
- It is quite easy to set up and use.
- There is a lot to be desired regarding technical support.
5. Sound BlasterX G6
There are external sound cards, and there are external sound cards. If you think you can afford to pay a premium price for an amazing external sound card that would leave you truly satisfied at every use, then you should not think twice before paying for the CES Innovation Awards 2019 winner, Sound BlasterX G6 Hi Resistant 130dB External USB Sound Card.
There is no basis hiding the fact, this device is expensive, but it more than makes up for every single dollar you spend on it with its flawless performance at every use.
With this external sound card, you have everything needed to turn your computer into the best stereo system.
This device comes with a beautiful and sleek design and it also houses a built-in Dolby Digital 7.1 virtual surround sound for audio perfection. If you are a gamer, this is music to your ears as you are not confined to just one variety.
This device is compatible with PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One. It also supports voice communication on PC and PS4 as well as the Scout mode which lets you hear the commands of your opponents and all of these would add a lot of convenience to your gaming experience.
With the 130dB DNR, you would definitely have access to clarity and details in sound as all disturbances and distortion would have been easily filtered away.
When it comes to compatibility, you have absolutely nothing to worry about as this external sound card works perfectly with virtually all audio devices and also do well by bringing the best out of them.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Sound BlasterX G6 that earned it a spot in our list of Best External Sound Cards to get in 2020.
- This external sound card comes with Dolby Digital 7.1 virtual surround sound which allows for superior audio quality.
- It also comes with the 130dB DNR which helps in achieving clarity in sound by filtering away distortion and disturbances.
- It offers great compatibility with a wide range of audio devices and helps in improving their performances.
- It provides an option for gamers as it works perfectly fine with Xbox One, Nintendo Switch as well as PS4 consoles.
- It is quite easy to set up and use.
- At a price of around $140, this external sound card is very expensive.
6. Creative Sound Blaster Omni
The Creative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 USB Sound Card is one product we are happy to introduce to our readers as we are quite sure you can’t go wrong investing in it.
With this external sound card, you are guaranteed an instant upgrade on your overall audio quality. It comes with Omni Surround 5.1 and Dolby Digital Live feature that immediately turns around the audio quality provided by your computer and gives rise to a truly pleasant listening experience.
For gamers, this is another great option to consider as it comes with the Scout mode that gives you an edge over your competitor by knowing what they are saying beforehand and using that to your advantage.
When it comes to compatibility, there is no problem at all as this device is able to function seamlessly with a wide range of audio devices as well as the Windows and Mac operating systems.
This external sound card also comes with a chic design and an integrated beamforming microphone. Other important features include; a 600-ohm amplifier, advanced audio technology, and a cinematic entertainment system, all of which works together to provide the perfect audio system you desire.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Creative Sound Blaster Omni that earned it a spot in our list of Best External Sound Cards to get in 2020.
- It is easy to install and operate.
- It offers great compatibility with a wide range of audio devices and operating systems.
- It comes with an Omni Surround 5.1 Dolby Digital feature which gives room for superior audio performance at all times.
- It comes with the innovative scout mode which serves as a great cutting edge for gamers.
- It comes with highly functional volume control.
- At a price of about $70, this external sound card is a little bit expensive.
- This device cannot function as a standalone card.
7. Andrea (USB-SA) Pure Audio External Digital USB Card
The Andrea (USB-SA) Pure Audio External Digital USB Sound Card is also one of the new arrivals in the market that we want our readers to seriously consider investing in.
It is not really cheap, but it would also not put a hole in your pocket, and when you consider the price to the amazing features that come with it, you can’t but agree with us that this external card is worth every bit of the $39.97 it costs.
It comes with a high fidelity feature that immediately raises the audio quality of the sound provided by your computer and turns it into a mini home stereo performance. Another great thing about this device is its portability and compactness.
It has two external outlets that allow you to connect other audio devices to create an enhanced audio experience. It offers great compatibility with devices such as speakers, mic, subwoofers, desktop computers, laptop computers, and a host of other devices. It is also compatible with the windows and Mac operating systems.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Andrea (USB-SA) Pure Audio External Digital USB Card that earned it a spot in our list of Best External Sound Cards to get in 2020.
- This external sound card comes with a high fidelity sound system that allows it to create the superior audio performance desired by the user.
- It is highly compatible with both the Mac and Windows operating systems.
- This device offers great compatibility with a wide range of audio devices which makes it a great option for all.
- It is built to b very compact and portable.
- It is built to reduce external and background noise in order to create a clear sound at all times.
- The technical support leaves a lot to be desired.
- At a price of around $40, it is not essentially affordable to everyone.
8. UGREEN USB 3.0 Hub 3 Ports External Stereo Adapter
The UGREEN USB 3.0 Hub 3 Ports External Stereo Adapter is one of the best external sound cards you can get for the price. If you are looking for a highly effective device at a considerably low price, then, you should seriously consider this sound card.
It is actually one of the highly-rated external sound card on premium merchant site, Amazon, and it has garnered overall positive reviews from the buyers which says a lot.
It comes with 3 ports where you can connect different ranges of audio devices to give rise to the quality audio experience you desire.
From the moment you connect this external sound card to your computer, you would immediately witness a heightened audio quality. This device also comes with a 5 Gbps speed which ensures that the transfer of files is fast, efficient and accurate.
With this device, you definitely don’t need any sort of driver as it totally supports the plug and plays feature. When it comes to compatibility, this device got you covered as it is compatible with the Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
Another plus for this external sound card is that it comes with a one year warranty, which is a great cover for all buyers.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of UGREEN USB 3.0 Hub 3 Ports External Stereo Adapter that earned it a spot in our list of Best External Sound Cards to get in 2020.
- This external sound card works perfectly with Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems.
- The device is built to automatically improve the audio performance of your computer when used.
- It comes with a very fast 5Gbps speed.
- The manufacturers paid a great deal of attention to safety by installing protection against voltage overload.
- It comes with multiple ports which allow for easy connectivity with other audio devices.
- At the price of just $19, this device is quite affordable and offers great value for money.
- It offers a bit of poor compatibility with the older windows system computers.
- There is a fair bit of concern with the long term effectiveness of this external sound card.
Best External Sound Cards: What To Consider
When you are looking towards investing in an external sound card for your computer, it is important that you don’t engage in panic buying.
There are some things you need to look out for in order to get the perfect external sound card for your computer and we would be listing some of them below in order to help in making the correct buying decision.
One of the most important things you must consider is the compatibility of the external sound card you are buying to the audio devices available. Make no mistake; your external sound card doesn’t operate in isolation.
Instead, it works in tandem with other audio devices like speakers, amplifiers, subwoofers, etc. to bring out the perfect sound you desire.
Hence, an external sound card that doesn’t offer enough compatibility isn’t going to give you what you want.
It is truly an external sound card that doesn’t work in isolation, but the quality of the sound that has been programmed in it would go a long way to determine the overall quality of the audio you would get in the end.
Hence, it is important to pay a great deal of attention to the sound quality of the external sound card you are investing in.
The perfect external sound card should be portable and easy to move around. Remember you are going to be using this with a wide range of audio devices and if it is not portable, this might lead to a lot of inconveniences.
Finally, you need to read up on the reviews of the buyers of the external sound card you are investing in. Remember a lot of people have bought it in the past and they are in a better position to tell you everything you need to know about the product.
As such, you would be doing yourself a lot of good by reading up on these reviews in order to make a sound buying decision.
By following this buying guide, it is safe to say you would be purchasing the right external sound card that would serve the purpose you desire. Happy shopping!!!