Do you have the curiosity to know about the best home theater subwoofer under 500 $ to buy in 2022? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay, let’s find out. 👓👓
A home theatre system combines various videos and audio equipment to give the perfect entertainment experience to your home.
Ideally, a good home theatre system would contain the best audio equipment to complement the visual effects of the television and other video equipment available in your home.
The audio equipment you have would mostly define the quality of the sound or audio quality you get at all times.
There are quite a several audio pieces of equipment you can’t afford to get wrong if you wish to have the best audio experience that would leave your home entertainment reminiscent of a cinema hall or the perfect showground, and one such is the subwoofer.
A subwoofer is generally designed to recreate low-pitched sound frequencies in the form of bass needed to complement the other sounds created by the other sound system components.
When a subwoofer works perfectly, it will go a long way to create the perfect audio quality for the home theatre system that guarantees a great listening experience.
When looking to invest in a home theatre subwoofer, you should try as much as you can to avoid panic buying. Instead, you should read through the necessary guides to help you make informed buying decisions.
One such guide that would prove very useful is the one we have put together just for you to enhance you in buying the best from the market at all times.
We are quite convinced that buying the right subwoofer for your home theatre could prove very daunting, and that is why we have put together this well-researched list that features the best subwoofers for home theatre currently get in the market.
Gone are the days when you would have to pay exorbitant fees to get the perfect subwoofers for your home theatre needs.
Through innovations and technological advancements, you can get many quality options in the market at a price below $500 that would work just fine and give you the desired level of entertainment.
After a lot of consideration and research into the various available options, we have put together a list of the best home theatre subwoofer you can get for a price of $500.
Best Home Theater Subwoofer Under 500 $ 👌
1. Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer
The Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer is our top pick for the best home theatre subwoofer under the price range in a review. This subwoofer has all the supporting features and quality that would make it a desirable option for anyone.
The product is from the tested and trusted Polka brand and is arguably the best option in the market regarding value for money. As if those are not enough, this subwoofer is the best seller on the premium merchant site Amazon.
Aside from the obvious, this home audio subwoofer has many great features that make it an option that cannot be ignored. For instance, this product offers an easy connection to any system.
Whether your other speakers are Polka speakers, or from other brands, this product would fit in seamlessly to provide the perfect bass effect that would enhance the perfect audio experience.
It also features a smart sensing circuitry that allows it to turn itself on and off and blend with the other home audio components to give out the perfect sound required at each time.
With this subwoofer, you also get a built-in high current amplifier for big bass and a laser-based Klippel measurement technology for improved linearity and deep, precise sound.
This subwoofer is capable of playing at extremely high volume levels. Users are advised to limit their prolonged exposure to volumes above 85 decibels, which puts it in our best home theater subwoofer under 500 $ 2022 lists.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Polk Audio PSW10 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Home Theater Subwoofer Under 500 $.
- This home audio subwoofer features a non-resonant MDF enclosure construction with 0.75-inch thick baffles and internal bracing for the perfect bass performance.
- It comes with a low pass crossover frequency between 80-160 Hz.
- With the laser-based Klippel measurement technology, users would get improved linearity and deep and precise sound on every use.
- It is built to be easily connected to any home theatre system and function optimally without recourse to the speaker brands available in the current audio system.
- It comes with a sturdy build, allowing it to be durable and perform for a long time.
- At a price of just $99.99, this is arguably the best value-for-money home stereo subwoofer you can get for the price.
- You may experience some port noise when using this home theatre subwoofer. Although, this can be solved using acoustic padding.
2. Micca 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer
The Micca 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer for Home Theatre is a product built to give you an immersive experience. With this product, you have a subwoofer that provides just the exact bass experience that would totally transform your music and video watching experience and make you feel as if you are at the center of where it’s all happening live.
This awesome subwoofer from the award-winning Micca brand utilizes a front-firing design with a bottom ported enclosure for the home stereo system’s compact and quality bass experience.
It also has a built-in amplifier with efficient class-D technology to provide 80 watts RMS and 120 watts peak power for a premium and spectacular bass output.
Its response shaping circuitry incorporates driver and enclosure parameters for outstanding bass extension and linearity. This subwoofer offers great connectivity, seamlessly working with all home theatre systems.
It supports input like line-level stereo, mono LFE, and speaker-level stereo with pass-through. Its built-in adjustable low pass crossover and phase switch allow easy integration with the main speakers.
This subwoofer also comes with a smart signal detection feature that automatically turns it on and off when needed to save power.
Overall, this home theatre subwoofer allows you to hear and feel all of the sounds and special effects you would probably have been missing from your home audio system and allow you to truly live in the moment whenever you listen to or watch your favorite audios and videos.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Micca 10-Inch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Home Theater Subwoofer Under 500 $.
- It comes with a response shaping circuitry that gives rise to outstanding bass extension and linearity in the home stereo system.
- It can be used in virtually all home theatre systems and still function optimally.
- It has a built-in adjustable low pass crossover and phase switch, allowing easy integration with the main speakers.
- It allows the user to experience the ultimate home audio experience by creating an atmosphere reminiscent of a live performance or cinema hall.
- This subwoofer is built to provide the perfect audio quality, and you won’t feel any distortion, even at loud volumes.
- It is quite sturdy and built to last long.
- The auto-on feature may not function optimally when listening to low-volume music.
3. Yamaha 8 Inches 1000 Watts Powered Subwoofer
The number 3 pick on our list is the highly functional and innovatively built home stereo woofer from the prestigious Yamaha brand; Yamaha 8 Inches 100 Watts Powered Subwoofer. True to their amazing track record, Yamaha has done well with this subwoofer by creating a product that would truly transform your sound to a new level.
This subwoofer incorporates most of the advanced and high-performance bass technologies that have distinguished Yamaha as the preferred brand for enhanced sound experiences.
Technologies such as New Twisted Flare Port, and the Advanced YST 2, have been used in creating this subwoofer to produce a clear and tight bass.
With the additional 8 inches cone woofer and the discrete amp circuitry, this subwoofer would add the needed bass that would powerfully heighten and enrich the sound quality in any home audio system it is added to.
With the Advanced Negative Impedance Converter (ANIC) circuits that come with this subwoofer, the speaker impedance is dynamically optimized to maintain excellent sound clarity, stable and accurate low responses as, well as a higher and more robust sound quality, which makes it put in our best home theater subwoofer under 500 $ 2022 lists.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Yamaha 8 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Home Theater Subwoofer Under 500 $.
- It comes with a powerfully built 8 inches con woofer that ensures powerful and quality bass to complement the home stereo system.
- The Yamaha New Twisted Flare Point Port technology contributes greatly to giving this subwoofer clear and tight bass when put to use.
- The Advanced Yamaha Active Servo Technology (YST) 2 with this subwoofer provides enhanced and heightened bass performance.
- Even with the black color it comes with, this subwoofer still offers a stylish design that would make it quite noticeable at your home.
- For $149.95, this subwoofer is quite affordable and offers good value for money.
- This home theatre subwoofer doesn’t come with an effective power saver feature.
At the time of our research on “Best Home Theater Subwoofer Under 500 $”, we found a video about “Why People Often Don’t Like Their Own Voices,” which is worth watching. 🏆
4. AAT 8 Inches Home Theatre Subwoofer
You are looking for a high-end subwoofer that would revolutionize your entire home theatre system? Then you should look no further than this product from the AAT brand.
The AAT 8 Inches Home Theatre Subwoofer is built to impress and provide quality, clear and crisp bass to your home theatre system that would leave you as if you are at the center of it all.
This home theatre subwoofer comes with a 250 Watts STD RMS for a premium and spectacular bass output that would transform your living room into a mini cinema hall or concert.
This subwoofer offers great compatibility and connectivity as it can easily connect to various home theatre systems and still functions optimally.
It comes with high and low audio inputs, LFE, external fuse, crossover, line, and ground filter, making it very easy to connect to other speakers in the home audio system.
The cube RAKT subwoofer lines it is designed to follow the latest trends in the furniture industry, and it gives the subwoofer a beautiful look that would make it look right at home wherever you place it.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the AAT 8 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Home Theater Subwoofer Under 500 $.
- This subwoofer has an adjustable crossover frequency range of 30 to 300 Hz.
- This product features an MDF hand-made cabinet construction that is sturdy enough to make it last pretty long enough.
- It comes with high and low audio inputs, LFE, crossover, line, and ground filter, making it easily connect to the home theatre system.
- This subwoofer offers great technical support, and you can easily reach tech support to get first-hand information on every inquiry you need about the product.
- It provides clear and crisp bass that enhances the overall performance of your home stereo system.
- For $439, this is a high-end subwoofer for people with big budgets.
- This subwoofer doesn’t come with a power saver feature.
5. Acoustic Audio PSW-8
The Acoustic Audio PSW-8 300 Watts 8-Inch Down-Firing Powered Subwoofer is a great product that individuals looking for low-end products must not hesitate to consider investing in.
This subwoofer is quite cheap, but it still comes with enough features that make it good enough to spice up your home stereo system with the required bass output.
This home theatre subwoofer comes with a built-in digital drive amplifier in the form of the PSW Subs coupled with its high-efficiency amplifier that would provide house-shaking power with exquisite control.
The built-in amplifier originally comes with adjustable independent gain/ level control, phase control switch, low-level and speaker level inputs/outputs, signal sensing auto On/off functions, and variable low pass frequency.
The product also comes with an internally braced and damped MDF Bass reflex enclosure that ensures the subwoofer stays stable and steady even at radical volume levels for more efficient use of power and distortion-free low frequencies to eliminate resonances.
The enclosure also includes a bottom-slotted bass port and sleek triangular feet to produce a more efficient maximum bass impact. This subwoofer utilizes a long excursion, high rigidity PVA-treated cone for the most accurate response.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Acoustic Audio PSW-8 that earned it a spot in our Best Home Theater Subwoofer Under 500 $.
- This subwoofer is very cheap and comes at great value for money.
- The product comes with an elegant black ash wood finish that would not look out of place wherever it is placed.
- It can be placed on the wall, ceiling, home theatre systems, surround sound systems, and multiple room systems.
- It comes with a high rigidity PVA-treated cone for the most accurate response at all times.
- It has a ported enclosure that is internally braced to ensure it stays stable and steady even at radical volume levels.
- It could sometimes have an excessive accentuation on the tones and tends to bottom out easily with much action at moderate volumes.
- The tech support leaves much room for improvement.
6. Polk Audio PSW505
The Polk Audio PSW505 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer is the second product from the Polk Audio brand that is appearing on our list of the best home theatre subwoofers under $500 that you can currently get in the market.
Like all Polk Audio products, this is another subwoofer that would greatly improve the sound quality of any home theatre system it adds to by providing the needed bass needed to deliver an all-around quality sound experience.
This Polka subwoofer comes with an auto on/off the circuit that automatically turns the subwoofer on when it senses a program signal. It also turns it off automatically after 15 minutes when there is no signal in a bid to save power.
With the Dynamic Balance Woofer Design, it comes with; you would get a product that delivers pure, distortion-free, and deep bass at every use.
The Klippel Optimized Long Throw Woofer feature also gives room for voice coil alignment, suspension for a longer excursion, and greater linearity, enhancing the best possible performance even at the most extreme listening levels.
This product also comes with the Slot Load Venting technology, which improves bass response by reducing turbulence, noise, and distortion. With a rock-solid MDF construction, you can be sure of a subwoofer that offers accurate response and produces quality and robust sound quality at all times.
Suppose you are looking for a speaker that offers great flexibility and adaptability. In that case, you have it in this Polka product as it comes with adjustable low pass crossover, phase switch, and volume control that allows it to function and blend with any main speaker.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Polk Audio PSW505 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Home Theater Subwoofer Under 500 $.
- This product is magnetically shielded for safe and flexible placement next to a TV or video monitor.
- It has unfiltered LFE input for easy use with low pass filtered subwoofer output jacks.
- The auto on/off feature circuit allows the subwoofer to save power and function seamlessly without much input from the user.
- It comes with a huge Hi-Roll surround that supports a true long-throw driver.
- The rock-solid MDF construction suppresses resonance for distortion-free and accurate response.
- The Slot Load Venting allows precise and improved bass response by reducing turbulence, noise, and distortion.
- This home theatre subwoofer comes with considerable port noise and needs to be fixed soon.
- There is insufficient power to push the driver far enough to hit the lows properly.
7. Yamaha NS-SW100BL
The Yamaha NS-SW100BL 10 Inches 100W Powered Subwoofer is another product from the Yamaha brand that has made our list.
This particular product has most of the great features that made the previous Subwoofer from this brand, Yamaha 8 Inches 100 Watts Powered Subwoofer, great, and differs in only a few areas. With this product, you have the custom Yamaha technologies that have made their various products great presents.
Features such as the New Twisted Flare Port is present in this product to give it clear and tight bass, and you also get the Advanced Yamaha Active Servo Technology (YST) 2 to provide a robust and heightened bass experience that would greatly enhance the total sound quality of your home stereo system.
With the high-quality 10 inches cone woofer and the discrete amp circuitry, this subwoofer would add the needed bass that would be impactful, powerful, heighten and enrich the sound quality in any home theatre system.
This subwoofer also uses the Advanced Negative Impedance Converter (ANIC) circuits to optimize effective speaker impedance to maintain excellent linearity dynamically.
This would, in turn, lead to a more stable and accurate low-range response and a higher sound quality.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Yamaha NS-SW100BL that earned it a spot in our list of Best Home Theater Subwoofer Under 500 $
- At about $193, this subwoofer is relatively affordable and offers great value for money.
- With the Advanced Negative Impedance Converter (ANIC) circuits, this subwoofer is enhanced to optimize effective speaker impedance, maintain excellent linearity and produce a higher quality sound.
- It comes with custom Yamaha sound technologies in the form of the New Twisted Flare Port and the Advanced Yamaha Active Servo Technology (YST) 2 to provide a robust and heightened bass experience needed to enhance the quality of the home audio system.
- It comes in a beautiful black wooden design, making it a stylish addition to your home.
- It is pretty easy to set up, and you would get great tech support from Yamaha when you buy this subwoofer.
- This home theatre subwoofer doesn’t come with an auto on/off system; you would have to do it manually.
- This subwoofer is not that flexible in connectivity as it doesn’t work with many subwoofer audio outputs.
Best home theater subwoofer under 500 $: What To Consider
There are quite a few things you must look out for in a home theatre subwoofer before paying to get the best deals. Below, we have compiled a list of some of the things you must look out for.
🎶 Sound Quality of the best home theater subwoofer under 500 dollar
A subwoofer is built to provide your home theatre system’s needed bass to bring out the desired audio experience. If the subwoofer you invest in cannot do this vital thing, you have made the wrong investment.
To avoid this, you should look for the right subwoofers that produce the crisp, clear, precise, and heightened bass experience needed to give your home theatre the desired sound experience.
The size of the subwoofer you are investing in matters a lot as it has a lot to do with the sound quality. Ideally, the larger the size of your subwoofer, the deeper and better the sound it would produce.
While this is not always true due to the quality of some products, it is mostly true, and you should strongly consider this. It is advisable that the larger your living space, the larger the size of the subwoofer you should buy to have a heightened audio experience.
Subwoofers usually come with built-in amplifiers that determine the sound quality they would provide. The power is usually measured in watts, and the higher the amplifier power that comes with each subwoofer, the better it would likely perform. Invariably, you are supposed to go for subwoofers with a good enough amplifier power at all times to enjoy your sound experience.
🎎 Brand Credibility
The credibility of the brand you are buying from is also very important. Great brands are known for always coming out with great products that can be trusted.
Aside from this, they usually have great tech support that allows easy access to everything you need about a product. You can also get a limited or unlimited warranty on a product you have purchased.
This is why it is advisable to patronize known brands with quality track records, as you will likely not miss it with such brands.
👕 Buyers’ Reviews on best home theater subwoofer under 500
This is something you shouldn’t trade for anything. The buyers’ reviews are very important as they have bought the product you are about to pay for and already know how it works.
The buyers’ reviews could be a great pointer to helping you buy a great product, and they can save you a lot of money if you pay enough attention to them.
Final Notes on the best home theater subwoofer under 500$ list
You can’t afford to go wrong with purchasing a subwoofer to have a truly functioning home theatre system.
If you want to purchase the perfect home theatre subwoofer, then you should look no further than the products we have provided for you here, as they offer great sound quality and represent great value for money.