Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Keyboard For Programming to buy in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out.
Nowadays, computer programming is fast becoming one of the most engaged computing activities, everywhere. And as you would expect, it also comes with its own function peculiarities and requirements, hence you need to make sure you have what it takes to do programming.
One of the most essential needs- which any programmer would consider basic, is the keyboard that they would be using. Programming involves a lot of typing, and you’ll virtually have to type everything you’re programming, right from your keyboard.
Consequently, your programming outputs and your overall activity performance is somewhat affected by the convenience and satisfaction you’re able to derive from your keyboard of use. This is why you need to importantly go for the best keyboard for programming- irrespective of whether you’re a beginner to programming or you’ve already attained professional status.
The best keyboards for programming would ideally come with certain vantage features that make them suitable for the purpose. There are different keyboard products on the market, but this doesn’t necessarily mean that you should just go for anyone you come across. This review intends to list out some of the best-recognized keyboards for programming, so as to guide users on their choice of product.
Note that although there are the rather general traits that a keyboard suitable for programming should have, there are also some little characteristics here and there that you need to look out for, and based on your own individual preferences.
That another programmer thinks one keyboard is the best thing for their programming, does not mean you’ll enjoy using the same product too. Ideally, when making a decision on what programming keyboard suits your own use, there are the things that you need to put together in your consideration, before coming to a final decision.
For instance, you need to know how convenient it would be for you- typing fast from a keyboard while looking at the outputs on the monitor screen. Since there could be different factors of a keyboard that would affect a user’s speed and efficiency, you need to know which keyboards have the right feature trait combinations that would bring you the desired optimum productivity.
Below is a list of the best keyboards for programming in the year 2019. Each of the product on our list has been selected based on their relevance on the programming and coding tech market, as well as the aptness and usefulness of their individual features.
You can make your choice from the list- based on your own preferences, but we’ve checked to ensure that all the keyboards listed here, truly meet every basic need of the everyday top programmer.
Here is The List Of Best Keyboard For Programming To Buy in 2019
1. WASD Keyboards WASD-V2B-87-MXN
As far as contemporary programming activities are concerned, the WASD-V2B-87-MXN mechanical keyboard is not even close to a being a bad option. The keyboard comes with full programmer specifications and functions, that makes programming come just easy for you.
This programming keyboard comes as a first choice, black color, and the clear long lasting prints on the keys. Now, although some people say the keyboard needs some improvement to do in terms of its aesthetic beauty, every previous user of the WASD code mechanical keyboard has always acknowledged its strength and usefulness.
Findings suggest that the aesthetic appeal might have been looked down upon because the keyboard fails to come with a large logo print- as characterized by some other products.
Although this may be considered a minus by only a few programmers, the WASD code keyboard has a performance that is way above average on the overall. It beats a reasonable number of keyboards, in terms of function and performance- and this is most germane.
Important features on this keyboard include the newly adopted Cherry MX Brown key switches. This feature enhances the keyboard’s suitability for your every typing, by allowing you to add their notable functions to what you do.
Thus, the mechanical key switches provide you with a combination of medium actuation force that comes with a non-click quiet activation, as well as a pleasant tactile bump for every keystroke you make on the keyboard. Other functions are its configurable function keys, an N/6 key roller, multimedia shortcuts, amongst others which make it to put in our best keyboard for programming 2019 list.
The WASD-V2B-87-MXN keyboard has a seven-grade adjustable white backlight, that enables you to use it, even at night. The seven levels LED backlighting is specifically added, so as to allow users to adjust the key light intensities- to the brightness as desired by the users.
If you’re looking for that keyboard that would serve you well for years, then this is one product to consider.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The WASD Keyboards WASD-V2B-87-MXN.
- Great rugged structure, that is able to withstand the typing requirements of detailed programming.
- The keyboard is compatible with both MAC and Windows operating systems
- Clear long lasting prints on the keys, which facilitates its long term use
- The seven level backlighting allows user ease of use, according to their specific preferences.
- The keyboard has an onboard memory that saves up the backlighting history of the user and adopts same on subsequent use.
- The keyboard has a remarkable cable routing format
- The keyboard is relatively expensive
- The cable on the keyboard is not braided.
2. RealForce 87U Tenkeyless Keyboard
This is another keyboard product that has been able to build a positive impression, about its capabilities and usefulness for programmers. The keyboard comes with the right level of sophistication that makes it easy to use, for all categories of programmers.
With this keyboard, you can keep up with your typing speed, while also learning to develop the speeds- if you’ve not. Asides this, another feature of the RealForce 87U keyboard thateverybody is talking about, is its durable build.
All of the keys are chiseled out of highly durable polybutylene terephthalate, which is indicated to be of more durability than the usual ABS material- which is, however, more common. Thus, the manufacturer of this product, places an important emphasis on durability and quality, hence making it one of the most reliable in this regard.
The RealForce 87U keyboard has an ergonomic sturdy build, with a spacious keyboard layout. This function makes typing easier and convenient for the user, by enabling you to spread out your fingers on the board, and type seamlessly.
The keyboard has a product dimension of about 6.7 × 14.4 × 1.5 inches, with electrostatic capacitive key switches on the board. The product has a weight of about 3.1 pounds, with the entire 87 keys having a uniform weight put at 55 grams.
Both of the caps lock and num lock keys on the keyboard, have been imputed with indicator LED backlighting, to aid user activities. The RealForce 87U keyboard is definitely one of the few keyboards that give you a good run for your money, with an important emphasis on the long term use.
- Good programming keyboard for both learners and professionals users
- High durability product- thanks to the polybutylene terephthalate key materials
- The product comes with Topre electrostatic capacitive keyboard
- Facilitates easy typing activities, with easy to use keys
- The product is quite portable and can be pretty carried about.
- The space bar key is made with ABS material, which makes its durability standard differ from that of the remaining keys.
- There is no backlighting for the keys, so you may need an external light source- when using it in the night.
- The key labeling is made with dark grey, which may be a little difficult to see, for some users.
3. Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Keyboard
If you’re a determined high-end programmer, then this is another product that is worth your investment. The Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 has shown much functionality and reliability for all times, even much more than you would find for other products that are way costlier.
Asides the fact that you’re getting it at a relatively cheaper price, the product also ensures that functionality is not traded for anything else. Consequently, its popularity in the keyboard market seems to have reasonably surged in the past few months, with more programmers recommending it as a first option.
Asides the fact that Filco keyboards are quite respected on the overall, the Majestouch-2 has derived a significance of its own, which any other product would definitely need to do a lot more- if they’re going to stand as a possible match for it.
Notice the front printed labels on each of the Majestouch-2 keys, which helps reduce the quick fade that is common with some top printed keyboard keys. This is asides the overall ergonomic sturdy frame structure of the keyboard, and its key caps which are just sleek enough. This is a perfect programming keyboard because the keys go down fine each time you press on them, and thus there are no hindrances to your typing fast.
The Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 has a build dimension of 53.1 × 14 × 1.3 inches and an average weight of about 2.15 pounds. There are a number of choice variations that have been provided to ensure user’s convenience, and to make sure that the optimum use of satisfaction is derived by most programmers who make this product their best choice.
In view of the fact that some programmers are always on the move, the Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 has been made to also come in a tenkeyless version- that is a little more portable than the full-size keyboard.
- Front printed labels may be considered a better option over the on-the-key printed labels.
- The Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 allows easy typing for all times, and irrespective of the user’s programming expertise.
- All of the keys on the keyboard provides optimum feedback, that the user would love.
- The NKRO feature allows all key press inputs.
- The product comes at a moderate price; less expensive with great functions still.
- There is no general keyboard backlighting, except for the num lock, caps lock, and the scroll lock keys.
4. Logitech G513 RGB Lighting Mechanical Keyboard
The Logitech G513 keyboard would remain the first choice, particularly because of its fascinating use features and additions, which you may not find in a number other keyboards of the same category. This product stands out of the crowd, because of its conspicuous features which are in addition to the benefits that any programmer would get from the everyday keyboard.
Hence, if you’re looking for that programming keyboard with additional features that grades it higher than the regular, then the Logitech G513 could be your perfect choice option.
Some of the important features to look out for, are the three different mechanical switches. With these, users can make their choice from between the Romeo-G linear, Romeo-G blue, or the Romeo-G tactile.
You’ll particularly be impressed with the keyboard’s design structure, which is characterized by a waterproof leatherette just at the base of the keyboard length. This leatherette addition provides space for users to rest their palms, while they type
Another feature that is rather exciting, is the keyboard’s RGB lighting of up to 16.8M colors on each key, as well as incorporated light sync technology. Logitech G513 is quiet when you use it, hence no matter how fast you type, it would make none of those rattling sounds that pisses off the ears.
It comes with a cable that is almost 6 frets in length, while its USB infrastructure can also be plugged in directly to a computer mouse, flash drive etcetera. The keyboard is reasonably durable, and you can still have it working for years.
Based on its design, the Logitech G513 has been designed for high typing functions like programming and gaming. Hence, making it not just fit for your computer programming, but also for your every other computer keyboarding needs.
- Great quality keyboard framework, with a commendable durability display- thanks to it’s aluminum and magnesium alloy combination.
- The product comes with three different mechanical keystrokes.
- The Romero-G limera is responsible for an impressive feedback response and speed, on the product.
- Soft waterproof leatherette for resting the palms facilitates the comfort of the user.
- RGB lighting on the keys is also a valued trait
- The product sells for a reasonably cheaper price, especially considering its many additional features.
- Some users consider the leatherette to be an obstruction, rather than an important or essential addition.
5. Corsair K63 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard
This is another best programming keyboard, whose build design is not quite the common type. The Corsair K63 shows so much great performance outputs for computer coding, which is the very reason why it ranks amongst the best on the market at this time.
If you don’t mind using that keyboard that is a little unconventional in structure but remarkable in function, then you should also be looking in the direction of this one.
The Corsair K63 is a wireless keyboard that comes with the main keyboard frame, inserted in a clapboard structure. Hence, you have to type within the lapboard- which a good number of user think is quite ingenious.
The lapboard has a clothed section by the side, where you can operate a mouse as you work. However, depending on what you want, the lapboard has been made in such a way that it can be easily detached away from the main use keyboard.
Now, while you can connect the keyboard to your supporting computer- wirelessly via Bluetooth, you may also carry out a connection using the USB port provisions on the frontal part of the keyboard. The keyboard has good compatibility and would work with several other externally connected modules. The LED provisions on the keyboard serve as a lighting source for the user’s convenience, while it also serves as an indicator- whenever the keyboard is connected to another Bluetooth device.
Since the device comes with a wireless function framework, it also comes with a battery that can power its connective and work operations. The battery has an impressive use period of up to 15 hours, after a full charge. The keyboard has a memory structure that saves up a user’s set commands and use instructions. Each of these settings can always be accessed by the user whenever they intend to use the keyboard.
- A relatively inexpensive product, with great features still
- The keyboard has components such as the palm rest, which facilitates user convenience
- Dual connectivity of the keyboard to your computer makes it a better option over the cable-only keyboards.
- The product has beautiful RGB lighting that serves as an indicator, as well as a lighting source for the user.
- Anti-ghosting supports onboard, to ensure that user preferences are saved and accessible each time they use the product.
- The Bluetooth connectivity is too specific, and would probably not connect to so many devices other than Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating systems.
6. Ducky Shine 7 RGB Backlit USB Mechanical Keyboard
This is another product in which the manufacturer carefully incorporates significant quality traits and high-grade performance tendencies, in order to produce a complete product.
The Ducky Shine 7 keyboard does not have too much of unreasonable sophistication and is just apt in its feature and function complexity levels. The design presentation is appealing enough, while the RGB lighting component of the keyboard, is another feature that you may find useful.
The backlit gives the product a bright appearance when it’s on, which has a way of improving the keyboard’s usability. You’ll love the glow it has, especially when you use the keyboard at night.
Instead of using a more regular structure material for the framework build, the Ducky shine 7 comes in a zinc alloy top case- which is hinted to be up to three tines more durable than an aluminum counterpart. The keycaps, however, are made of a more durable ABS material, hence increasing your tendency of using the product for a relatively long period of time.
The keyboard comes with Cherry MX switches that facilitate convenient and seamless typing, as you code. The attached cable provision is about 4.9 feet in length, while the entire keyboard has a weight of approximately 3.10 pounds.
- Ingeniously finished product design, with an impressive aesthetic value
- Great feedback response and output, for each time you type.
- The colorful RGB lighting is an important addition to the product
- The keyboard supports a good number of devices and operating systems.
- The function keys are reasonably customizable, to suit your desired use.
- The Ducky shine 7 does not come with a more portable tenkeyless version of the product
- The attached cable on the keyboard is not braided.
7. Havit RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard
This keyboard is another product of the Havit company, that aptly suggests the company’s remarkable ingenuity. Its beautiful basic build is admirable, with various option for you to choose from.
While most of the Havit RGB mechanical keyboards come with 104 keys, you can also choose the last design that has 87 keys. Now, this mechanical keyboard does not only have a wonderful build, but it also has top functions that make it qualify to be listed amongst the best keyboards for programming.
The 354 × 127.5 × 22.8 millimeter keyboard, provides an impressive actuation force, as well as speed performance that is fair enough. The keys are beautifully arranged on the board, which is something that reasonably adds to its ease of use, and user convenience.
Note the different RGB lighting for the different keys, and the N-key rollover for all 104 or 87 keys- as the case may be. If you’re looking for an ultra-thin programming keyboard, with a correspondingly low weight, then you could consider this one too.
- The keyboard has an output that is fair enough for the everyday programmer.
- The keys are orderly arranged, thus aiding their ease of use
- Ultra-thin keyboard with a low weight makes it easier to transport the keyboard from place to place.
- The product comes at a relatively great price
- Programming with this keyboard requires the use of drivers
- You can only customize the keys when using a Windows operating system.
Factors To Consider Before Buying Your Own Best Keyboard For Programming
There are a number of great programming-suitable keyboards out there, but you probably just want to buy one of them. Now, it is important that your choice is actually the best for your own peculiar needs, hence the need to carefully consider some factors, and how they affect your choice.
The following are some of the factors that you should consider before buying your own programming keyboard:
- The feedback and response output of the keyboard
As a programmer, you would desire that keyboard whose output is prompt and rapid, hence this is an essential factor to check out on the keyboard you’re considering. Most times, the best keyboards for programming, would come with either of the Cherry MX switches or the Topre switch.
There are several switch types on different keyboards, but not all of these are best for this purpose. Note that the mechanical switch on your keyboard is one of the most important traits that determine the product’s output. Although membrane switch keyboards may work quite fine, they are not always the best option over mechanical ones. If your keyboard response is not top notch, then the issue may fundamentally be the type of switch that has been loaded on it.
- The keyboard form factor
When we talk about the form factor of a programming keyboard (or any keyboard at all), we’re simply referring to the product size and how it affects other traits like its portability. There are three possible keyboard sizes that you can buy, and while it looks like the full-size keyboard has more to offer you, it is the least portable- which is not ideal for sine type of users.
If you’re a programmer who is always on the go, then you may find the tenkeyless or compact keyboards to be of more advantage in this regard.
- Find the ergonomic design that suits you
Having to code on your computer for long hours may be a tedious task on its own. Now, when this is done in a keyboard that is not convenient for you, you tend to achieve less, while also putting yourself in related health risks.
There are several keyboard designs, which are consequently preferred by different types of users. For instance, while some keyboard users welcome the idea of a palm rest on the keyboard, others think this is not necessary for them. So, you need to determine which one works best for you.
- The price range that you’ve on your budget
Now, this is one important aspect that must have been decided on, before you go into the very sourcing. Nowadays, you would find great products within almost every price range, so you don’t need to start thinking you have to be on a high budget before you can get something good. However, it is also common to find people spend unnecessarily, and still not derive optimum use satisfaction from the product they’ve bought.
After deciding on a price range, go ahead to select out all the best products within that range. This helps you ultimately make the right choice, with the cost staying right within your intended cost limits.
Your choice of a keyboard for programming should take as many factors as possible, into consideration. Ideally, your first point of consideration should be the functioning quality of the keyboard, while other factors to consider may also include backlighting, durability, etcetera.