There is that one moment in every DJ’s life when she or he decides to become one. It requires a great love for music, an ear to catch good music, and some great equipment to get you started on becoming a DJ.
This equipment includes a strong pair of headphones, good speakers, the right software (and we are talking about the Serato DJ software here in particular), and, of course, the best laptop for Serato DJ software.
There are a few things that we need to look out for when buying a laptop, and there are a few other things that are especially necessary based on the purpose behind buying that laptop. For a DJ, it is important to have the best laptop for Serato DJ software so that the combination of the two, computer and software, can give out the best results.
So, what are some of the things to look out for when buying a laptop for DJing? Let’s take a look below before we dive into the list of best laptops for Serato DJ software.
Laptop Essentials For DJing
There are several things we must look at when buying a laptop to appropriately complement the music we produce with it, and they are listed below.
It can be confusing to pick the kind of processor for your laptop, but looking at how great Intel works with the Serato DJ software should make this choice much easier.
There are several clear-cut differences between Intel and AMD processors where Intel comes out shining in comparison to the latter. With its quick processing and a long time before it begins to heat up, Intel is definitely the choice processor in terms of what goes best with Serato DJ software.
We know that RAM stands for Random Access Memory, but what does it mean and why is it important? RAM refers to the amount of storage space your computer has to run the systems and applications that you are currently using. For example, using only one application at a time requires less RAM than using 2 applications at a time.
Since DJ software runs quite a lot of systems as well as processes at the same time, to ensure smooth processes of music-making, the best laptop for Serato DJ software should have a minimum RAM of 8GB or more.
ROM or General Storage:-
ROM or Read-Only Memory refers to the general storage capacity of your computer, which is different from RAM. The difference is that RAM is concerned with how many apps you can run at one time, while ROM refers to the files that you save on your computer.
These files, as you know, remain even after you shut down your computer. Quite necessarily, since DJs work with a lot of files (be it music, videos, software, etc.) the ROM also has to be adequate.
Thinking about the settings under which DJs do their jobs – at festivals under the blaring sun, at parties at night, etc. the screen or display needs to be rather dynamic so as to fit all of these settings.
It shouldn’t be that you and your laptop screen are blinded by the sun or laser lights in the dark and are unable to play your music right because of the same. Thus, a dynamic display is a must for DJ laptops.
It would seem that this point could definitely go unsaid – when someone has to make a livelihood in music, it better be guaranteed that the sound system or audio quality of their equipment must live up to the same. A great sound system or fantastic audio quality is definitely a must in any DJ laptop.
This is quite an important point because DJs need to get around to different performances here and there quite a lot. To lug around a very heavy laptop could be backbreaking (quite literally) and frustrating. DJs need to have a light, easily-portable laptop.
Best Laptop For Serato DJ Software: Our Pick 👌
Now that we know what to look for in a laptop to go with the Serato DJ software, let’s dive into the details of a few great ones which would be perfect for the same.
1. Dell XPS 9560
The Dell XPS 9560 is one of the best laptops for any DJ because of its processor amongst its various other features.
We know that we need a highly powerful processor and RAM to be able to support all the software and applications that a DJ is required to use at one time. The Serato DJ software is one such DJ software that requires a super strong processor and whatnot.
With an Intel Core i7 HQ with 16GB RAM and 512GB available SSD space, the build of the Dell XPS 9560 is just as attractive as the system which supports it.
This laptop has a sleek look and is also light and portable. It is perfect to carry around for a DJ and its battery life is also quite high above average.
- Strong Intel Core i7 processor, which is one of the most compatible with the Serato DJ software.
- A 16GB RAM means great multitasking abilities of the laptop and a 512GB SSD means that one need not modify the storage space because this is ample.
- Higher than average 8-hour battery life.
- 15.6 inch LED display with brilliant graphics and a backlit keyboard.
- The laptop is light and thin, thus, easy to carry around.
- For some, this laptop can be large and bulky to carry around because of its size (although it is light).
- This laptop is towards the expensive side.
2. ASUS ZenBook Pro
The ASUS ZenBook Pro is a brilliant laptop, rather a great choice for those looking for the best laptop for Serato DJ software. This laptop is one of the coolest looking laptops that you will lay your eyes on because of its extended screen which falls on the lower half of the laptop.
A brilliant laptop for the kinds of people who need to or like to multitask a lot, the ASUS ZenBook Pro even has an amazing system to add to this – there are a few variations in the RAM and ROM depending on the model you select, but it is only upwards of 32GB RAM and 1, 2 and 4TB of space depending on your budget.
If this laptop with RAM this huge is not perfect for a DJ, it would be hard to fathom what is. Imagine the number of programs you could simultaneously be running on your laptop without it even slowing down. Think about the ample storage space – no need to buy an external drive for the fear of running out of storage space.
The 4K ultra HD screen is yet another pulling factor, and adding to this is also the fact that this laptop is a touch screen laptop. This opens a whole new world of avenues to explore with the advent of a touch screen DJ laptop.
- Ultra HD 4K 3840 x 2160 resolution screen 15” screen.
- The screen has a touchscreen feature.
- The screen extends below the main screen so as to enable split screens and multitasking in an easier manner.
- 32GB RAM to open as many applications and software without a single lag.
- 1/2/4TB ROM, meaning plenty of space to store whatever one wishes to.
- Intel Core i9 Eight-Core Processor which works very well with Serato DJ software.
- Very much towards the expensive side.
- Pretty bulky or heavy, thus not that portable and less easy to carry around.
- The battery life of the ASUS ZenBook Pro is 6 to 7 hours, which is about average.
3. Acer Predator Helios 300
This Acer laptop is a delight to even look at and will probably feel like an awesome buy every time you look at it.
From the multicolor RGB backlit keyboard to the modern, fancy shape of the laptop base, this laptop is incredibly captivating and it is the absolute best laptop for Serato DJ software.
Although this laptop is primarily a gaming laptop, its uses extend to the requirements of a DJ as well. For example, the 16GB to 64GB RAM (depending on which model of this laptop you buy) makes for more than enough space to multitask 10, 20, 30 applications simultaneously. The base model begins at 16GB with a 1TB SSD and then moves on to a 32GB RAM with a 1TB SSD + 1TB HDD, and so on.
16GB is enough if you are on a budget, but if you happen to have money to spare for an extremely advanced laptop system, you can go for the 64GB RAM with a 2TB + 2TB HDD and SSD.
Adding to the incredible multitasking capability of this laptop, there is also the Intel Hexa-Core i7 processor – wow! A great RAM with a great processor makes for an incredible performance of the laptop. These features make the Acer Predator Helios 300 the best laptop for Serato DJ software.
- 15.6 inch full HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution for the best view of graphics.
- Modifiable RAM beginning at 16GB, paired with a great hard disk space of 1TB and more.
- 4 zone RGB backlit keyboard and a smooth feel to the keys when typing in text or numbers.
- Intel Hexa-Core i7 core processing unit, which is definitely one of the most advanced CPUs.
- The Acer Predator helios 300 has great audio quality with a brilliant sound system.
- Has an average battery life of only six hours.
- The Acer Predator Helios 300 is quite a heavy laptop, thus it is difficult to carry it around very easily.
4. Apple MacBook Air
The Apple MacBook Air is one of those style statement laptops that most people want, mostly for the purpose of flaunting it. Sometimes, this may even diminish the value of the actual quality of this laptop. Yes, the MacBook Air does live up to its name and brand value.
The most recent MacBook Air runs on the 10th Generation Intel Core i3 processor, which makes it the best laptop for Serato DJ software. Aside from this, with quick processing, an incredibly fast system, and a Retina display with True Tone Technology powered by the Intel Iris Plus Graphics processing unit.
In all ways, the MacBook Air is incredibly lightweight and thin alongside its brilliant sound system and other features seem like a very superior option as compared to other laptops. Several laptops have also been shaped according to what the Mac looks like but without its one major downside.
The only problem with the MacBook Air is that while the RAM is a good 8GB and the hard drive is 256GB, only a small proportion of the hard drive can be used for storage.
The problem with Apple is that you will need an external storage device with its laptops, or you’ll have to buy cloud space on iCloud. If this can be overlooked, the MacBook Air is the best laptop for Serato DJ software.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i3 processor for strong processing.
- Large force touch trackpad with great mouse mobility.
- 8 GB RAM with 256 GB hard drive space.
- Longer battery life than average, lasting up to around 11 hours, also facilitated by super fast charging.
- The MacBook Air has stereo speakers with wide stereo sound and is quite loud as well.
- Storage issues resolved by either having to buy extra iCloud (Apple Cloud) space or by buying an external hard drive.
- The 13.3-inch screen is relatively smaller than other laptops.
5. HP Spectre X360
Here is a 15.6-inch laptop with an ultra HD 4K resolution, with a touch screen! There is so much to love about the HP Spectre X360 and these are just a few of those things.
With a 10th Gen Intel i7 processor, 16GB RAM, 32GB Optane, and a 512GB SSD, there is enough storage on this laptop to do as you wish, open as many applications simultaneously as you like, and access files on the laptop as fast as you need them.
While the price is the average price for such a laptop, it can be a bit on the high side, especially because there are other, cheaper options available as well.
The battery life of the HP Spectre X360 is much higher than average and can reach about 13 hours depending on the usage of the laptop. The most striking feature of the HP Spectre X360 is that it is a hybrid laptop and can be turned into a laptop too.
- It has an Intel Core i7 processor for which Serato DJ software is best suited.
- The HP Spectre X360 is a hybrid model and can be turned into a notebook too.
- Great battery life up to 13 hours and can be used all day long without interruptions.
- A sleek model that is appealing to the eye and also very useful.
- Backlit keyboard with a numerical keypad and a fingerprint scanner.
- The laptop has quite a dim screen for being a premium system.
- This model can be quite expensive.
6. Acer Spin 5
Here is another one of those hybrid laptops, brought to you by Acer – the Acer Spin 5. With a fantastic display, a great system, and an average of 7 to 9 hours of battery life, the Acer Spin 5 runs on a 10th Generation Intel Core i7 processor and is one of the best laptops for the Serato DJ software.
- A 10th gen Intel Core i7 processor is very strong and a good fit for Serato DJ software.
- Super stylish because of its 2-in-1 laptop/notebook hybrid model.
- 16GB RAM and 512 GB SSD hard drive, so there’s a lot of space.
- A very bright display even outdoors.
- A highly affordable and budget-friendly laptop.
- Can run pretty hot sometimes.
- The battery life is below average.
7. ASUS Rog GL552VW
A gaming laptop that alternates perfectly as a DJ laptop, the ASUS Rog has several great features. It is a sleek laptop with a fantastic Intel Skylake Core i7 Quad-Core processor.
The Ram is 16GB while the hard drive has 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD. This is fantastic for any DJ and this is definitely the best laptop for Serato DJ software in terms of its pricing.
- It has a very powerful Intel Core i7.
- A good 15.6 inch full HD display for the DJ to see properly what she or he’s doing.
- A slick laptop with a great design, look and feel.
- Very comfortable keyboard as well as a touchpad.
- A great choice for the price range it is part of.
- Slightly thick, thus heavy, so it is difficult to carry easily.
8. ASUS VivoBook S15
The ASUS VivoBook S15 is a sleek, thin, and light laptop with an Intel Core i5 processor to meet all your DJing needs. With an 8GB RAM and a 512GB SSD hard disk, this laptop is a great one for those just starting out their DJ careers.
With a backlit keyboard and also a 10-key number pad on the keyboard, the sleek laptop design with a great sound system as well will be perfect for you.
- Extremely light and thin laptop, weighing less than 5 lbs and is only 18 mm thin.
- Bright, backlit keyboard with keys not more than 1.7 mm apart.
- Despite being light and thin, the build of this laptop is incredibly sturdy.
- Highly efficient fingerprint sensor for a quick unlock.
- The laptop does not heat up and also takes very little time for a full charge.
- Priced towards the lower, more budget-friendly side.
- The battery life is just about average, nearing 6 hours and not more.
9. Acer Aspire E15
Here’s what we can call the best laptop for Serato DJ software because of the one factor or feature which distinguishes it from the rest: a DVD-RW. It is not something you’d find in a laptop in 2022, but here we have Acer offering the same to us.
For those DJs that like to keep it old school using CDs, this is the laptop for you. Putting aside this feature of the Acer Aspire E15, let’s take a look at a few other specs to understand why it’s a great laptop for Serato DJ software.
A 6GB RAM and 512GB hard disk is just about enough to run the number of applications that a DJ is required to run at one time. With a 15.6 inch full HD display and an Intel Dual-Core 8th Gen i3 processor, this laptop is great for working on your music on a relatively large screen.
Furthermore, the Acer Aspire E15 is a budget-friendly DJ laptop with a color graphics display, a brilliant battery life, and plenty of ports in addition to the DVD drive.
- Budget-friendly laptop and priced towards the lower side of laptop costs.
- Great connectivity with a large number of ports as long as a DVD-RW.
- Great RAM as well as hard disk space for the price at which it is sold.
- Intel dual-core 8th Gen i3 processor for the strongest and best functioning.
- Battery life up to 12 hours, but to keep it realistic for DJs and the battery drainage by DJ software such as Serato, it can last up to an above-average amount of time of 8 hours.
- Slightly bulky and heavy, so the portability is pretty low.
- The Acer Aspire E15 screen is dim and not suited for use outdoors or around blaring lights.
10. Razer Blade 15
A relatively less heard of computer as compared to the ones created by the huge tech companies, the Razer Blade 15 is a powerful laptop built to be able to handle strong and heavy software. You’ll find that with the slick design and a thin build, this laptop is essentially perfect for carrying from one gig to another.
Forgetting about the way it looks and feels to the touch, the storage for RAM as well as ROM is incredibly perfect for the use of a DJ.
A 16GB RAM with a 1TB + 128GB ROM is as good as what a DJ needs to store all the tracks she’s made, all of which are still in the works, and even for the inspo needed from other artists.
- Great storage space with a 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD, meaning that software can be stored on one hard disk while other files can be stored on the other.
- With a RAM of a whopping 16GB, multiple systems can be run at the same time efficiently.
- The Razer Blade 15 has a 9th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, which is among the latest and best for working the Serato DJ software.
- 1920 x 1080 resolution screen with an anti-glare finish, perfect for all kinds of gigs.
- A large, 15-inch laptop which is also portable and light, standing at less than 5 lbs.
- The battery life is about 6 hours, which is nearing average.
- Despite anti-glare and a great resolution, the brightness of the screen is lower compared to other laptops, especially under the sun.
11. LG Gram 13
Here is another great laptop for Serato DJ software – the LG Gram 13. It works with the Intel 10th Generation i5 core processing unit and is paired with an 8GB RAM, one would say that this is a pretty great laptop for multitasking the way DJs must.
This laptop has a 72Wh battery, meaning that it is a heavy-duty and long-lasting battery that can go up to 21 hours, depending on the usage. With a brilliant battery life and specs that just scream out loud about how this laptop has been made for DJs, it is even priced relatively lower than other laptops with similar features.
The LG Gram 13 has a 15.6 inch LED screen with a full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution to be at par with the leading graphic processing units. Its slick design does not end with how it looks – it is also highly durable, as it has been tested for the same appropriately.
- 10th Generation Intel i5 CPU and IPU for strong processing.
- Cinematic sound experience with immersive 3D audio rendering to give you the best audio feel.
- Highly durable and heavy-duty 72Wh battery which makes for a higher than average battery life of the laptop of up to 21 hours, depending on the usage.
- Available with a touchscreen and also without, for those who prefer not to have it.
- The laptop has a backlit keyboard.
- Impressively lightweight for its durability.
- Dim screen, unfit for outdoor use in the daytime or under blaring lights.
- Problems with the sensor in the fingerprint scanner.
12. HP Pavilion
With a 9th Gen Intel Core i5 processor and a 15.6-inch LED-backlit screen, the HP Pavilion laptop is definitely one of the best laptops for Serato DJ software. Since this laptop also alternates as a gaming laptop, it has some incredible features, such as the backlit keyboard and extremely realistic graphics.
With a 12GB RAM and 512GB hard disk, there is ample space on this computer for you to run multiple programs at a time and also store the various files you work on without worrying about running out of space.
The look and feel of this laptop are rather different from what we might picture a regular laptop – but it is pleasantly surprising in a fresh, modern way. What’s even better is that the laptop keeps updating itself and keeps itself in check in terms of processing or system issues.
The best part about this laptop, with its great features, is that it is not even that expensive, in comparison with other laptops with similar features. Below are the pros and cons of the HP Pavilion laptop.
- Strong 9th Gen Intel Core i5 processor and also a strong GPU.
- Great multitasking with 12GB RAM and more storage space with a 512GB hard disk drive.
- Very slick, modern design.
- The audio is crisp and of incredible quality, which is more than perfect for a DJ.
- It has a backlit keyboard with a 10-digit numeric keypad as well.
- The display is dim, so not that great for using outdoors or where there are lots of blaring lights.
- The battery life is rather short and lasts about 5-6 hours.
Buying a laptop is a decision that involves a lot of choices, what with the abundance of products all throughout the world – the different brands, the different processors, storage units, and so much more.
It is important that before you begin your DJing, you find the best laptop for Serato DJ software which is also best suited to your needs.
The 12 laptops that have been listed above are laptops that are highly compatible with the Serato DJ software, owing to their fantastic processors, RAM spaces, audio inputs, displays, etc. What is left is to decide which laptop you want, to decide which one suits you best and suits the music you want to make best.
Using the list given above, hopefully, you’ll be able to make the right decision for yourself personally. You don’t want to end up with equipment that you do not love, and then be stuck with it. Be sure to carry out the research and finally purchase the best laptop for Serato DJ software, AND your comfort and requirements.