In the search for the best laptop for trading, one has to understand some antecedence.
There was a time when stock traders had to spend grueling hours hunched before desktop computers, to trade and broker deals.
But, that was a long time ago. Nowadays, anyone can work anywhere – on the bus, while waiting for their food, in bed, on the plane; thanks to personal computers, which can be carried around.
Again, stock trading deals with calculations, figures, shares, and numbers. Therefore, a run-off-the-mill laptop will not do. If you decide to get just any laptop in the market as a stock trader, you might be taking a risk that could cost you your job or your clients. So, it is advisable to look for laptops suited to your work needs.
When looking for the best laptop for high-frequency trading, once the RAM storage space of a chosen laptop is big enough, the processing speed is high, the configuration is high, the hard drive is spacious and the screen is big enough; trading will be smooth and seamless.
The thing is, quite a number of stock traders, especially amateurs and newbies, are most probably unsure of what laptops to go for, in other to have great experiences while working. Thankfully, this article would help you make a good choice.
Here, top laptops for stock trading would be listed and their specifications and features would be discussed. After all is said and done, it would be left for you to decide what you want.
Here are the best laptop for forex trading in 2019 and what makes them better than others, out there.
|Acer Aspire E 15||i5 core||8 GB||View on Amazon|
|Razer Blade Stealth Touchscreen||Core i7||16 GB||View on Amazon|
|Dell XPS 15||Core i7||32 GB||View on Amazon|
|FHD Alienware AW17R3||Core i7||16 GB||View on Amazon|
|Samsung Chromebook 3 Laptop||Intel Celeron 216 GHz||4 GB||View on Amazon|
|ASUS Vivobook Flip 14||Intel Quad Core processor||16 GB||View on Amazon|
|Microsoft Surface Pro 4||i7 core||8 GB||View on Amazon|
|Lenovo Legion Y720||i7 core||16 GB||View on Amazon|
|Lenovo Y700 FHD||i7 core||16 GB||View on Amazon|
|ASUS Zenbook Ultraslim||i5 Core||8 GB||View on Amazon|
|HP Pavilion 15.6||i5 Core||4 GB||View on Amazon|
Here is List of Top 13 Best Laptop For Trading
1. Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop – 8th Generation
The Acer Aspire E 15 is a pretty good laptop that can be used by stock traders for work. Not only is this device great, but it is also pretty affordable.
Therefore, people on budgets can easily get this for themselves and still have their programming go smoothly.
It is a Windows 10 Home device that runs on the i5 core processor of the 8th generation. The hard drive is 1 TB and its RAM storage space is 8 GB.
There is also an extra slot for additional RAM, in the event that you need more. It comes equipped with an SSD of 256 GB and the 15.6-inch screen is big enough.
Again, there is another extra slot for SSD space, if the 256 GB is not enough for your needs.
It weighs 5.27 pounds and the battery life of this laptop can go for up to ten hours while being used before it would require charging.
- It is very affordable and great for its decent price.
- Its specifications are high enough and stock trading software can be run on it without problems.
- It has a backlit keyboard, which is a pleasant surprise because most laptops in the same price range, do not.
- It is not lightweight, so might prove somewhat burdensome to carry about all the time.
- The screen display is not razor sharp.
2. Razer Blade Stealth Touchscreen Ultrabook
If you’re a stock trader who is not just looking for the best laptop for trading 2019 but also wants to be on the go regularly with their device, then, the Razer Blade Stealth is a laptop to consider getting.
This is because, in addition to other specifications which stock traders would love, this laptop is not heavy.
It weighs a mere 2.93 pounds – that is less than 3 pounds, which makes it super portable.
Its processor is an i7 core of the 7th generation and it runs on the Windows 10 operating system.
It has a RAM storage space of 16 GB and an SSD storage space of 256 GB.
Its 13.3 inches QHD display is touchscreen and it is 0.5 inches thin. The Razer Blade Stealth back is made of aircraft grade aluminum. When being used, its battery can last for up to nine hours.
- It has a high processing speed, perfect for working on different programs, simultaneously.
- It is lightweight and can be used anywhere, on the go.
- Though it can be used for gaming, this device does not come with a dedicated GPU.
- The screen size is quite small.
- It is not a device for someone on a budget.
3. Dell XPS 15 – Touchscreen 4k Display Laptop
This laptop has a screen size of 15.6 inches and a 4k display – features that the average stock trader looks out for. You should also note that the screen is touch display.
It is 17 millimeters thin and weighs 3.9 pounds, which makes it the lightest high- performance laptop of a 15- inch screen.
It runs on a 6th generation i7 quad-core processor and a Windows 10 Home operating system. The SSD storage space is 512 GB.
This device has a GPU of 2 GB Nvidia GeForce, so it is safe to say that it can take heavy tasking and can work well for gaming too.
It might interest you to know that this laptop has another version, which is less expensive, but, the downside is that it does not have a 4k display.
So, if you want to get the Dell XPS, you either go for the more affordable version without the 4k display or the more expensive version with the 4k display.
Whichever one it is, your work as a stock trader will not be affected.
- It has a high processing speed, which is perfect for intensive work.
- For a laptop with a screen size of 15 inches, it is not heavy.
- It is quite an expensive device.
- The battery might need to be recharged more regularly, thanks to its 4k display.
- There is no internal CD-ROM drive
4. FHD Alienware AW17R3-4175SLV 17.3-Inch Laptop
This FHD Alienware laptop has a very solid build. Thankfully, that is not the only good thing about it.
It has an i7 core processor of the 6th generation, making it good enough for heavy work and multitasking.
It is one of the best laptops for stock trading, due to its high-performance features.
The screen size is way larger than the average 15 inches – it boasts a screen display of 17. 3 inches, big enough for multiple columns, numbering and everything else that comes with trading stock.
It has a RAM storage space of 16 GB, an SSD of 256 GB and a hard drive of 1 TB.
For a stock trader who loves playing games too, the Alienware 17 has got you covered, thanks to an inbuilt internal monitor that keeps the system cool when heavy work is going on while delivering high performance at the same time.
It runs on the Windows 10 Home operating system, it weighs 4.6 pounds and has a backlit keyboard.
- Its performance is swift and the processing power is impressive.
- It is a strong device and so, would not break apart at the slightest drop.
- The battery lasts long before a recharge is needed.
- It is not only heavy but bulky too.
5. Samsung Chromebook 3 Laptop
Here is one of the most perfect laptops for the best laptop for trading in 2019 on a budget.
With less than three hundred dollars, you can get this device that would not only cater your work needs but would also not put a dent on your pocket.
It runs on the Chrome operating system and its processor is the Intel Celeron 216 GHz processor. It has a RAM storage space of 4 GB and a hard drive of 16 GB.
The screen size is 11. 6 inches and it weighs 2.54 pounds. Its keyboard is water-resistant, thus, it can be used while eating and drinking without fear of damage by spills.
Apparently, the processing power of this device cannot be described as superb.
However, for stock trading, it is more than adequate. If you do not intend to do much on your laptop asides stock trading, this machine is good enough.
- It is a very affordable device.
- It is thin and lightweight, so it is very easy to carry around and work with anywhere.
- This device has a long-lasting battery.
- The processing speed is not high.
- It has a small screen.
6. ASUS Vivobook Flip 14 Laptop
This Vivobook from ASUS is stylish, sleek and very portable.
It runs on an Intel Quad Core processor of up to 2.5 GHz and has an EMMC storage of 64 GB.
Its RAM storage space is 16 GB, its screen size is 14 inches but it fits in a 13-frame and is touchscreen.
The Vivobook is 0.6 inches thin and weighs just 3.3 pounds. It is a 2 in 1 convertible device, which can be used in four different modes – laptop mode, tablet mode, tent mode, and stand mode.
One unique thing about this laptop is that the screen is hypersensitive to touch. With sensors which are spaced 6 millimeters apart, the lightest touch is easily detectable.
Another spectacular feature of this device is the ASUS Battery Health Charging Technology that it comes with.
This makes it possible for a user to set the laptop battery to whatever percentage they want, while it is charging, in other to prevent overcharging. It flips 360 degrees, meaning that it can be used at numerous angles.
- It is lightweight.
- It is great for working on different programs simultaneously.
- The sensitive touch display makes it easier to use.
- Its storage space is not large.
- The RAM cannot be upgraded.
7. Microsoft Surface Pro 4
The Surface Pro 4 from Microsoft, is a state-of-the-art device, which every stock trader would definitely love.
It runs on the 6th generation i3, i5, and i7 core processors, which makes the processing power high.
Its operating system is the Windows 10 professional and its screen of 12.3 inches has a high contrast and is low glare at the same time, allowing you to work for long hours, even into the night, without worrying about your eyes.
It weighs 1.73 pounds, so can easily fit into bags and be carried anywhere with you.
One thing you should know is that the keyboard comes separately, so you would have to pay differently for that.
While in use, the battery lasts for up to nine hours before another charge is needed.
- It has a high processing speed, allowing easy work and multitasking.
- This device is lightweight and portable.
- The screen size of 12.3 inches is not big enough.
- The keyboard comes separately, so you would have to spend more after buying the device.
8. Lenovo Legion Y720 Laptop
The Lenovo Y720 is a powerful device that works great for heavy programming, gaming, and multitasking.
It runs on the i7 core processor of the 7th generation and an operating system of Windows 10.
For game lovers and enthusiasts, the GPU is the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphics, but more importantly, this fits n the class of best laptops for stoke trading because it is fast and reliable.
It has a RAM storage space of 16 GB, a hard drive of 256 GB and a screen size of 15. 6 inches.
It weighs a heavy 7. 04 pounds. One interesting feature of this laptop is its Dolby Atmos.
It is the first device with this feature, which makes its audio system enviable.
This machine is also Oculus Certified – letting a gamer go into virtual reality while playing.
- It has a high processing speed and can carry every stock trading software installed on it.
- The screen size is just right for whatever it is going to be used for.
It is very heavy – not the kind of laptop to carry about all the time.
9. Lenovo Y700 FHD Gaming Laptop
Behold another laptop which is good for both work and play.
It runs on the i7 core processor of the 6th generation and a Windows 10 operating system.
Just like its Y720 sister, this is perfect for stock trading because it is a fast laptop with quality processing power.
It comes equipped with RAM storage space of 16 GB, an SSD of 256 GB and a HDD of 1 TB.
It weighs 5.7 pounds and a hard drive of 1000 GB.
- It allows for fast and efficient work, with a high processing speed.
- It is an expensive device.
- The battery life is not very impressive.
10. Apple MacBook Pro 15 Inch Laptop
Apple has always been in the business of making impressive devices and the MacBook Pro does not fall below expectations.
Again, as expected, this beauty does not come cheap. However, that is fair enough considering that it packs quite a punch.
It runs on the Intel i5 core processor of the 7th generation. The operating system of this device is the Mac OS Sierra 10.
Its RAM storage space is 8 GB, its SSD is 128 GB and a hard drive of 512 GB.
It weighs 4.46 pounds and its battery life can last for about 7 hours with constant use, before requiring a recharge.
This is a great buy for a stock trader, but also a very good general purpose system.
- It is fast and would prove a great tool for working with stock trading software.
- It has no internal CD drive.
- It is a high-end device, therefore, a stock trader on a budget might want to think twice about getting this device.
- At 4.46 pounds, it can prove cumbersome to always carry around.
11. MacBook Air 13.3 Inch Laptop
If you are a stock trader on a budget looking to purchase an Apple laptop, then, this might be what you are looking for.
It is one of the best laptops for stock trading for individuals on a budget.
It is also small and light, which makes it a portable device.
It runs on the i5 processor and an OS x El Capitan 10.11 operating system. The screen size is 13. 3 inches and it weighs 2.98 pounds.
The battery life is pretty decent. With constant use, it can go for up to 12 hours before the next charge.
Like every other Mac product, you cannot go wrong with this device.
- Despite running on an i5 core processor, this laptop can run stock trading software smoothly.
- It allows for multitasking.
- It is portable and lightweight.
- For less than a thousand dollars, you can get this device.
- The battery lifespan is decent.
- The size of the screen is somewhat small.
- It has no retina display.
12. ASUS Zenbook Ultraslim Laptop
The Zenbook by ASUS is a smooth operator and very few laptops come close to it. This device is a stock trader’s choice because of how easy and efficient it is to use.
It runs on an i5 Intel core processor of the 8th generation. It has an SSD of 256 GB and a RAM storage space of 8 GB.
It runs on the Windows 10 operating system. This laptop comes with a fingerprint reader and the keyboard is backlit.
Its display features are top-notch, featuring 74 %Abobe RGB, 72 % NTSC and 100% sRGB.
The long and short of the aforementioned is that it can display a wide array of colors. It has a screen size of 13.4 inches and weighs only 2. 6 pounds.
- It is not heavy to move around with. Therefore, it can be used on the go.
- It has a high processing speed and can take on any kind of stock trading software.
- The battery is long lasting. It can go for ten hours with light usage and 12 with heavy usage before another charge is required.
- The RAM storage space cannot be upgraded.
13. HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Notebook Intel Core i5-5200U Processor
This 15.6-inch laptop is not only affordable, but it also has a processing power high enough to work which makes it the best laptop for trading 2019.
It runs on the Intel i5 core processor and works on the Windows 10 operating system.
The hard drive is 1000 GB and it has a RAM storage space of 4 GB. Its screen resolution is 1366 x 768. It has dual speakers and weighs 4. 73 pounds.
- It is a perfect choice for stock traders on a budget.
- For its price, it has a decent performance.
- There is no backlit keyboard, so this device would be difficult to use in the dark.
You may like to read Top 13 Best laptop For Machine Learning
As a stock trader looking for the best laptops for trading needs, you can see that you have quite a number of options to chose from.
It is advisable that if you have seen a particular laptop that you think would suit your needs, you should carry out further findings to be sure that you are okay with your choice.
Remember that stock trading requires devices that can be used all day without running into issues because the stock market is almost always open.
Therefore, to make money from this lucrative profession, you have to stay on top of your game. Another thing to note is that if you get a good device, not only will it serve you well, you will also use it for years before looking to get it replaced.
This list has talked about both expensive and low budget laptops, so it is up to you to either go for a high-end device or get a cheaper one.
Rest assured that any of these laptops would serve you well as your trade, calculate, install trading software and play around with numbers.
All these devices are available on Amazon and once you make your choice, you can place an order and have your purchase shipped to you.