Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Laptop For Word Processing to buy in 2020? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 👓👓
Word processing is the most commonly used computer application, this makes an investment in a laptop that can handle all word processing needs effectively very important. Several options exist out there and as a result, knowing which laptop to settle for can be quite challenging.
When purchasing a laptop for the sole aim of word processing, a couple of factors should be put into consideration. This includes a battery life that is very decent, a powerful processor and an ergonomic keyboard design.
With all of this in mind, it makes it easier to go for a laptop that best suits the purpose rather than going all sophisticated and expensive without achieving the desired result.
Before going into full details of the best laptop for word processing, here are some basic features to look out for when it comes to laptops suitable for this purpose.
When it comes to RAM where word processing is involved, it is recommended to go for a laptop with a minimum of 4 GB. This is more than adequate for all word processing needs.
However, an upgrade is necessary in cases where hanging begins to occur while operating more heavy applications.
A processor of Intel Core i3 Dual-Core is recommended for word processing. Other processors such as Intel Celeron and Intel Pentium can also be opted for. Although they are not as strong when compared to the Inter Core i3, they can perform simple tasks that have to do with word processing.
The presence of SSD drives helps to improve the speed and overall performance of your laptop and even an SSD with small capacity is strong enough to do the magic.
Carrying out word processing tasks on a laptop should be done with as much ease as possible. One of the things to put into consideration when choosing a laptop is the comfort it offers the wrist while typing.
The laptop should be shaped in such a way that it minimizes strain in the wrist and muscle as much as possible because much time will be spent typing. The easier it is to type for a long period without feeling stain, the better.
Having established that, below is a list of best laptops for word processing.
Best Laptop For Word Processing: Our Top Picks
1. Lenovo ThinkPad T470s
This ultrathin touch screen business laptop is one great option where word processing is involved. It comes with a high-speed word processor and can handle just any task.
With its state of the art technology, it offers a solid storage option and makes the perfect fit for anyone who is willing to invest in a solid and powerful laptop.
The ThinkPad T470 weighs about 3.49-lbs without a 6-cell battery and in the presence of one, it weighs about 3.92-lbs. This laptop has gone through a military-based certification test of 12 which makes it rugged. As a result of this, it can survive any drop without much damage being done to it.
It comes in a recent template of word processing which makes work even easier and very suitable for creating cover letters, completing assignments, carrying out online data publishing amongst others.
Below are some of the features of the Lenovo ThinkPad T470s that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptop For Word Processing to get in 2020.
1. It possesses 8 GB RAM which allows you the luxury of processing more than one document at the same time. As a result of its RAM, you can also access your files and share them without interruption.
2. It has a hard drive memory that is large enough to accommodate all of your word files no matter the size. With this, you get the best storage capacity for all of your word processing activities.
3. With two built-in batteries, it has an extended battery life of up to 12.5 hours, this gives you enough room to carry out every task from anywhere without necessarily plugging into a power source.
4. It is lightweight allowing for ease of movement and also very portable for you to take everywhere with you.
5. The fingerprint reader ensures all your files and data are secure.
Overall, Lenovo ThinkPad T470s is not only classy, but it is also business-oriented and offers you top-notch security for all your documents. Although it comes with a low hard drive memory, it allows you to perform all of your tasks with ease and is recommended as the best value laptop suitable for traveling in the year 2020.
2. HP Pavilion X360 Word Processing Laptop
If you are a lover of small and thin laptops, this HP model is the perfect fit for you. It is very thin and light which allows for ease of movement and can fit perfectly into your backpack. The X360 weighs less than 3 lbs.; not just that, it also has a thinness of less than 20mm.
In addition to its lightness, it comes with a hinge that is small in design, made of stainless and also very durable. Its metallic gear hinge is there to protect it from damage thereby ensuring longevity and durability.
This laptop comes in three different colors which are modern gold, natural silver, and dragonfly blue. It is convertible thereby allowing for multipurpose use and lets you type in any position you are most comfortable in.
Its 2in1 nature provides you with the luxury of either using it as a tablet or making use of it fully as a laptop.
Below are some of the features of the HP Pavilion X360 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptop For Word Processing to get in 2020.
1. It possesses large storage of 4GB-8GB and a RAM of 16GB thereby giving it a very high processor. In addition, it has up to 1 TB memory storage which allows you to store unlimited files on your laptop.
2. It has two USB ports, one serves as HDMI port while the other serves as headphones port.
3. It comes in Windows 10 which gives you access to updated versions of word processing features.
4. You can make use of it in four modes, all depending on the task at hand. It can be used in tent mode when playing games, tablet mode when reading, stand mode when seeing movies or making video calls and laptop mode when it’s time to work.
5. It comes with a strong battery life in its 2-cell Lithium-ion battery. This makes it last for up to seven and a half hours. The battery life can be extended to nine hours by inserting a 3-cell Lithium-ion battery.
6. Its screen size is 15.6 inches which provides enough screen space to view your documents.
7. The comfortable keyboard makes it really easy to type and perform other word processing tasks.
Overall, HP Pavilion X360 comes in a pretty dull display but with its strong processor and highly comfortable keyboard, it offers a great user experience for all tasks that have to do with word processing.
3. Dell XPS9360
Dell computers have become quite popular as a result of their ability to carry out huge word processing tasks. The XPS 13 9360 is a combination of comfort, convenience, and power.
It is powered by a 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7200U Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz) which allows it to work really fast even after very long hours. Not only does it possess adequate storage capacity, it also does so with an amazing speed that makes work easier.
Its keyboard comes with a backlight that helps you see well and work effectively in a dark room and also at night. In addition to this is the presence of a touchpad that is highly responsive and grants you an awesome typing experience with its multi-touch control.
This laptop is very portable at just 2.6lbs thereby allowing you to carry it around with you when the need arises.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Dell XPS9360 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptop For Word Processing to get in 2020.
- The battery life is superb and can last for up to 15 hours when used maximally after a full charge. This is because it runs on a 4-cell 52WHr Polymer battery.
- 8GB DDR3 RAM that provides more than enough storage capacity. It also has 128GB SSD that ensures speed which makes your tasks faster and less stressful.
- It has a processor that is not only efficient but also powerful.
- Comes in Windows 10 (64-bit)
- The screen size of 13.3 inches and a screen resolution of 3200 x 1800 provides enough screen space to work with.
Although Dell XPS 13 9360 is quite expensive and its RAM is not upgradeable, this laptop with a touch screen display comes with an ergonomic keyboard and a multi-touch control that offers an awesome typing experience.
At the time of our research on “Best Laptop For Word Processing”, we found a video about “22 Best Tricks to Work Faster on Your Computer” which is worth watching. 🏆
4. Apple MacBook Air
If you are looking at getting a laptop that will allow you to write in word, compute accounting data using the MS sheets or even make presentations, Apple MacBook Air got you any day and any time.
It comes in a very sleek design and in three different colors which are gold, silver, and grey. In addition to this, it also comes in a very high screen resolution. The processing on this laptop is super-fast no matter the task you are carrying out on it.
Reading emails and surfing the web is way easy and fast without interruption on the Apple MacBook Air as it processes continuously regardless of how many tabs are opened. Word processing tasks can be performed smoothly and without a glitch.
Below are some of the features of the Apple MacBook Air that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptop For Word Processing to get in 2020.
- A cooling system that allows you to place it on your laps without temperature discomfort.
- It is narrow and lightweight thereby providing comfort for the wrists when typing, this is because the wrists can rest comfortably on the laptop.
- Has the capacity to handle really large files due to its high performance. It is also very good for multitasking without slowing down in the process.
- An LCD screen that saves battery and also allows the LCD to dim lesser than other screens.
- One speaker is louder when compared to other MacBook models.
- iSight camera that can be used for conferencing and video chatting.
- It comes in a butterfly design that provides comfort during typing and at really great speed.
- It possesses very large memory storage that gives enough room to store large files.
Overall, the MacBook Air is an expensive laptop for those working with a low budget, but it offers much productivity and speed needed for a laptop. With it, you also get one of the best connectivity when compared to other laptops.
5. Microsoft Surface Book CR9-00001
This 2in1 laptop serves as both a tablet and a laptop. It was majorly designed for office staff and college students to carry out all word processing tasks with ease. Its ergonomic design allows for ease of use and can be carried anywhere as a result of its small size.
The CR9-00001 is a detachable laptop which makes it possible to easily detach its screen whenever you choose to use it as a tablet and attach it when you need it as a laptop. In addition to this, it allows you to process several files at the same time with ease and speed.
With its installed Windows 10, you have unlimited access to the latest Word templates which makes your work easier.
Below are some of the features of the Microsoft Surface Book CR9-00001 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptop For Word Processing to get in 2020.
- 16 GB RAM with a processor of Core i7 makes processing super-fast.
- It has the capacity to open and process several files at the same time.
- It comes with HD resolution that lets you read files in a font size that is original.
- It has really large storage for users to save as many files as they deem fit and keeps all the files secured.
- It comes with professional Windows 10 that makes word processing even more efficient.
- It is lightweight and as a result, can be carried around with ease.
- The surface pen helps to give your images very detailed features.
Overall, Microsoft Surface Book CR9-00001 has an SSD memory which is only 128 GB and as a result of this, you only get to store word files. However, it is a very suitable laptop for word processing.
You can also connect to external media sources with its port to enable you to view your files on a larger screen.
6. HP Spectre x360-15t
This laptop is an excellent piece of work with its beautiful design. It provides an efficient user experience and runs on Windows 10 which makes it very compatible with most word processing applications.
With the HP Spectre, users get the best working performance as a result of its Intel Core processor. It maintains its speed even after extensive use due to the 16GB of DDR4.
Typing is made easier in a dark condition as its backlit keyboard ensures a great, fast and easy typing experience. When you decide not to make use of the keyboard, it’s touch screen which supports finger-touch navigation becomes useful.
Below are some of the features of the HP Spectre x360-15t that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptop For Word Processing to get in 2020.
- An ergonomic keyboard that makes no noise when typing.
- The battery lasts up to eight hours after continuous use on a single charge.
- Windows 10 OS keeps it compatible with virtually all word processing applications.
- An 8th Generation Intel Core Processor of i7-8550U allows for a really smooth working performance every single time and regardless of the nature of the task being carried out.
- Digital microphone and HP TrueVision webcam allow for the perfect video conferencing.
- A sound stage that is quite wider when compared to some other laptops comes in handy for entertainment purposes.
- USB 3.1 port allows for easy and fast transfer of any type of files and data.
Overall, the HP Spectre X360 gets very warm underneath after use for a long time and has a rather cumbersome touchpad. However, its other great specs make up for the shortcomings and make it a suitable laptop for word processing.
7. Acer Chromebook CB3-532-C8DF
Of all Chromebooks, this laptop is one of the best when it comes to word processing. Chromebooks make use of Google’s operating system rather than MAC or Windows. Google’s operating system is solely dependent on the internet and as a result, you are encouraged to stay online every single time.
The speed of this laptop is determined by that of the internet connection and not by the hardware installed on the laptop.
The advantage of this is that while you might have weak hardware installed on your laptop, it does not affect the performance of the laptop as long as you stay connected to the internet.
Below are some of the features of the Acer Chromebook CB3-532-C8DF that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptop For Word Processing to get in 2020.
- Intel Celeron Core N3060 processor that provides you with all the speed you need to carry out all of your tasks.
- 15.5 inches display that offers comfort and reduces reflection.
- It has a memory of 4GB DDR3L and SDRAM of 1600 that provides you with the luxury of running different tabs and applications all at once without glitches.
- Its 16GB eMMC memory supplies improved storage capacity and is suitable for your mobile devices.
- It has up to 12 hours of battery life after continuous use on a full charge.
Although the Chromebook comes in pretty low specs, this does not slow down its performance. All you need to really enjoy this laptop is a very good internet connection after which your word processing needs will be met swiftly.
With this laptop, you can also open multiple tabs all at once without experiencing freezing.
8. Dell 13 7000 7370 Inspiron
Do you need to complete all your word processing tasks on a tight budget? If yes, the Dell 13 7000 7370 might just be what you need. Despite its low price, it offers even more for a tight budget laptop. With this laptop, you can carry out all your tasks outdoors in an easy and enjoyable fashion as a result of its stunning panel.
This laptop is highly responsive thereby making your word processing tasks as easy and swift as possible. Its 8GB DDR4 RAM makes it very easy to run multiple programs on it at the same time without slowing down its performance in any way.
When put to maximum use, the battery lasts for a really long time thereby allowing you to complete your word processing tasks even without plugging into a power source after a full charge. In addition to this, it has a backlit keyboard that lets you work under poor lighting conditions.
Below are some of the features of the Dell 13 7000 7370 Inspiron that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptop For Word Processing to get in 2020.
- Possesses a quick charge battery and attains a full charge in just about fifteen minutes. The battery when fully charged can last all day regardless of the intensity of the task carried out.
- It comes with a face recognition feature that allows you to log into your system securely and with just one look.
- 300-nit panel allows for working outdoor without stress and tampering with the graphics quality.
- It comes with the 8th generation intel core processor that provides high-speed performance.
- SSD storage of 256GB makes it perform word processing tasks with great speed.
- 8 GB DDR4 memory provides you with load times that are way faster alongside a larger bandwidth. In addition, it enables easy and fast switch between applications regardless of how many programs are running at the same time.
- Online streaming is enhanced as a result of its SmartByte technology.
- 180-degree hinge with which you can bend it in whatever direction you choose.
Overall, the Dell 13 7000 7370 Inspiron comes with a touchpad that is quite small and also has a fan noise that is really noticeable.
However, the Inspiron 13 is the slimmest laptop when compared to others it’s kind and its weight makes it really easy to carry around and very suitable for all word processing tasks.
It also comes with the latest technology and topnotch specs that make your tasks highly efficient and productive.
Of all light tasks that can be performed on a laptop, word processing is one and as such does not require really sophisticated laptops to make that happen.
Regardless of this, however, you need a laptop with excellent battery life, storage capacity, and a great processor. With all of these in place, word processing will be carried out effectively and without stress.
The aforementioned laptops will provide the desired results for all your word processing needs, all you have to do is choose which one best suits your needs and budget.