Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Laptop For Word Processing to buy in 2022? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay, let’s find out. 👓👓
Word processing is the most commonly used computer application; this invests a laptop that can handle all word processing needs effectively very important. Several options exist out there and as a result, knowing which laptop to settle for can be quite challenging.
When purchasing a laptop for the sole aim of word processing, a couple of factors should be put into consideration. This includes decent battery life, a powerful processor, and an ergonomic keyboard design.
With all of this in mind, it is easier to go for a laptop that best suits the purpose rather than all sophisticated and expensive without achieving the desired result.
Before going into full details of the best laptop for word processing, here are some basic features for laptops suitable for this purpose.
When it comes to RAM, where word processing is involved, it is recommended to go for a laptop with a minimum of 4 GB. This is more than adequate for all word processing needs.
However, an upgrade is necessary in cases where hanging begins to occur while operating more heavy applications.
A processor of, Intel Core i3 Dual-Core, is recommended for word processing. Other processors such as Intel Celeron and Intel Pentium can also be opted for.
Although they are not as strong when compared to the Inter Core i3, they can perform simple tasks that have to do with word processing.
The presence of SSD drives helps improve your laptop’s speed and overall performance, and even an SSD with a small capacity is strong enough to do the magic.
Carrying out word processing tasks on a laptop should be done as easily as possible. One thing to consider when choosing a laptop is the comfort it offers the wrist while typing.
The laptop should be shaped to minimize strain on the wrist and muscles as much as possible because much time will be spent typing. The easier it is to type for a long period without feeling stained, the better.
Having established that, a list of the best laptops for word processing is below.
Best Laptop For Word Processing – Our Picks👌
1. Lenovo ThinkPad T470s
This ultrathin touchscreen business laptop is one great option where word processing is involved. It comes with a high-speed word processor and can handle just any task.
Its state-of-the-art technology offers a solid storage option and makes the perfect fit for anyone willing to invest in a solid and powerful laptop.
The ThinkPad T470 weighs about 3.49-lbs without a 6-cell battery, and in the presence of one, it weighs about 3.92-lbs. This laptop has passed a military-based certification test of 12, making it rugged. As a result of this, it can survive any drop without much damage being done to it.
It comes in a recent template of word processing which makes work even easier and very suitable for creating cover letters, completing assignments, and carrying out online data publishing, amongst others.
1. It possesses 8 GB RAM, which allows you the luxury of processing more than one document simultaneously. As a result of its RAM, you can also access your files and share them without interruption.
2. It has a hard drive memory that is large enough to accommodate all your Word files, no matter the size. With this, you get the best storage capacity for your word-processing activities.
3. With two built-in batteries, it has an extended battery life of up to 12.5 hours, giving you enough room to carry out every task without necessarily plugging into a power source.
4. It is lightweight, allowing for ease of movement, and also very portable for you to take everywhere with you.
5. The fingerprint reader ensures all your files and data are secure.
Overall, the Lenovo ThinkPad T470s is not only classy but also business-oriented and offers you top-notch security for all your documents.
Although it comes with a low hard drive memory, it allows you to perform all your tasks easily and is recommended as the best laptop for internet browsing and word processing in the year 2022.
2. HP Pavilion X360 Word Processing Laptop
This HP model is the perfect fit if you are a lover of small and thin laptops. It is very thin and light, allowing for ease of movement, and can fit perfectly into your backpack.
The X360 weighs less than 3 lbs.; not just that, it also has a thinness of less than 20mm.
In addition to its lightness, it comes with a hinge that is small in design, made of stainless, and also very durable. Its metallic gear hinge protects it from damage, thereby ensuring longevity and durability.
This laptop comes in three different colors: modern gold, natural silver, and dragonfly blue. It is convertible, allowing for multipurpose use and letting you type in any position you are most comfortable in.
Its 2in1 nature provides you with the luxury of either using it as a tablet or fully using it as a laptop.
1. It possesses large storage of 4GB-8GB and a RAM of 16GB, thereby giving it a very high processor. In addition, it has up to 1 TB of memory storage, allowing you to store unlimited files on your laptop.
2. It has two USB ports; one is an HDMI port, and the other is a headphones port.
3. It comes in Windows 10, which gives you access to updated versions of word processing features.
4. You can use it in four modes, depending on the task at hand. It can be used in tent mode when playing games, tablet mode when reading, stand mode when seeing movies or making video calls, and laptop mode when it’s time to work.
5. It comes with strong battery life in its 2-cell Lithium-ion battery. This makes it last for up to seven and a half hours. The battery life can be extended to nine hours by inserting a 3-cell Lithium-ion battery.
6. Its screen size is 15.6 inches, providing enough screen space to view your documents.
7. The comfortable keyboard does typing and performing other word-processing tasks easily.
Overall, HP Pavilion X360 comes with a pretty dull display. Still, with its strong processor and highly comfortable keyboard, it offers a great user experience for all tasks related to word processing.
3. Dell XPS9360 – Best laptop for word processing and excel
Dell computers have become quite popular due to their ability to carry out huge word-processing tasks. The XPS 13 9360 combines comfort, convenience, and power.
It is powered by a 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7200U Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz), which allows it to work fast even after very long hours. Not only does it possess adequate storage capacity, it also does so with an amazing speed that makes work easier.
Its keyboard comes with a backlight that helps you see well and work effectively in a dark room and at night. In addition, is the presence of a touchpad that is highly responsive and grants you an awesome typing experience with its multi-touch control.
This laptop is very portable at just 2.6lbs, allowing you to carry it around when the need arises.
- The battery life is superb and can last up to 15 hours when used maximally after a full charge. This is because it runs on a 4-cell 52WHr Polymer battery.
- 8GB DDR3 RAM that provides more than enough storage capacity. It also has a 128GB SSD that ensures speed, making your tasks faster and less stressful.
- It has a processor that is not only efficient but also powerful.
- It comes in Windows 10 (64-bit)
- The screen size of 13.3 inches and a screen resolution of 3200 x 1800 provides enough screen space to work with.
Although Dell XPS 13 9360 is quite expensive and its RAM is not upgradeable, this laptop with a touch screen display comes with an ergonomic keyboard and a multi-touch control that offers an awesome typing experience.
At the time of our research on “Best Laptop For Word Processing”, we found a video about “22 Best Tricks to Work Faster on Your Computer,” which is worth watching. 🏆
4. Apple MacBook Air
If you are looking for a laptop that will allow you to write in word, compute accounting data using MS sheets, or even make presentations, Apple MacBook Air can get you any day and any time.
It comes in a sleek design and in three different colors: gold, silver, and grey. In addition, it also comes in a very high screen resolution. The processing on this laptop is super-fast, no matter the task you are carrying out.
Reading emails and surfing the web is easy and fast without interruption on the Apple MacBook Air, as it processes continuously regardless of how many tabs are opened. Word processing tasks can be performed smoothly and without a glitch.
- A cooling system that allows you to place it on your lap without temperature discomfort.
- It is narrow and lightweight, thereby providing comfort for the wrists when typing because the wrists can rest comfortably on the laptop.
- It can handle really large files due to its high performance. It is also very good for multitasking without slowing down in the process.
- An LCD screen saves battery and allows the LCD to dim less than other screens.
- One speaker is louder when compared to other MacBook models.
- iSight camera that can be used for conferencing and video chatting.
- It comes in a butterfly design that provides comfort during typing and at really great speed.
- It possesses very large memory storage that gives enough room to store large files.
Overall, the MacBook Air is expensive for those working with a low budget, but it offers much productivity and speed needed for a laptop. With it, you also get one of the best connectivity compared to other laptops.
5. Microsoft Surface Book CR9-00001
This 2in1 laptop serves as both a tablet and a laptop. It was designed for office staff and college students to carry out all word-processing tasks easily. Its ergonomic design allows for ease of use and can be carried anywhere due to its small size.
The CR9-00001 is a detachable laptop that makes it possible to easily detach its screen whenever you choose to use it as a tablet and attach it when you need it as a laptop. In addition to this, it allows you to process several files at the same time with ease and speed.
With its installed Windows 10, you have unlimited access to the latest Word templates, making your work easier.
Below are some of the features of the Microsoft Surface Book CR9-00001 that earned it a spot in our Best Laptop For Word Processing.
- 16 GB RAM with a processor of Core i7 makes processing super-fast.
- It can open and process several files at the same time.
- It has an HD resolution that lets you read files in the original font size.
- It has large storage for users to save as many files as they deem fit and keeps all the files secured.
- It comes with a professional Windows 10 OS, making word processing even more efficient.
- It is lightweight and, as a result, can be carried around easily.
- The surface pen helps to give your images very detailed features.
Overall, Microsoft Surface Book CR9-00001 has an SSD memory of only 128 GB, and as a result, you only get to store word files. However, it is a very suitable laptop for word processing.
You can also connect to external media sources with its port to view your files on a larger screen.
6. HP Spectre x360-15t – Best laptop for web browsing and word processing
This laptop is an excellent piece of work with its beautiful design. It provides an efficient user experience and runs on Windows 10, making it compatible with most word-processing applications.
The HP Spectre gives users the best working performance due to its Intel Core processor. It maintains speed even after extensive use due to the 16GB DDR4.
Typing is easier in dark conditions as its backlit keyboard ensures a great, fast, and easy typing experience. When you decide not to use the keyboard, its touch screen, which supports finger-touch navigation, becomes useful.
Below are some of the features of the HP Spectre x360-15t that earned it a spot in our Best Laptop For Word Processing.
- An ergonomic keyboard that makes no noise when typing.
- The battery lasts up to eight hours after continuous use on a single charge.
- Windows 10 OS keeps it compatible with virtually all word-processing applications.
- An 8th Generation Intel Core Processor of i7-8550U allows for a smooth working performance every single time, regardless of the nature of the task.
- Digital microphones and an HP TrueVision webcam allow for the perfect video conferencing.
- A sound stage that is quite wider when compared to some other laptops comes in handy for entertainment purposes.
- USB 3.1 port allows for easy and fast transfer of any files and data.
Overall, the HP Spectre X360 gets very warm underneath after use for a long time and has a rather cumbersome touchpad. However, its other great specs compensate for the shortcomings and make it a suitable laptop for word processing.
7. Acer Chromebook CB3-532-C8DF
Of all Chromebooks, this laptop is one of the best for word processing. Chromebooks make use of Google’s operating system rather than MAC or Windows.
Google’s operating system is solely dependent on the internet, so you are encouraged to stay online every single time.
The speed of this laptop is determined by the internet connection and not by the hardware installed on the laptop.
The advantage of this is that while you might have weak hardware installed on your laptop, it does not affect the laptop’s performance as long as you stay connected to the internet.
Below are some of the features of the Acer Chromebook CB3-532-C8DF that earned it a spot in our Best Laptop For Word Processing list.
- Intel Celeron Core N3060 processor provides you with all the speed you need to carry out your tasks.
- 15.5 inches display that offers comfort and reduces reflection.
- It has a memory of 4GB DDR3L and SDRAM of 1600, providing you with the luxury of running different tabs and applications simultaneously without glitches.
- Its 16GB eMMC memory supplies improved storage capacity and is suitable for your mobile devices.
- It has up to 12 hours of battery life after continuous use on a full charge.
Although the Chromebook comes with pretty low specs, this does not slow down its performance. All you need to enjoy this laptop is a very good internet connection, after which your word processing needs will be met swiftly.
With this laptop, you can also open multiple tabs all at once without experiencing freezing.
8. Dell 13 7000 7370 Inspiron
Do you need to complete all your word-processing tasks on a tight budget? If yes, the Dell 13 7000 7370 might be what you need.
Despite its low price, it offers even more for a tight-budget laptop. With this laptop, you can carry out all your tasks outdoors easily and enjoyably due to its stunning panel.
This laptop is highly responsive, making your word-processing tasks as easy and swift as possible. Its 8GB DDR4 RAM makes it very easy to run multiple programs on it at the same time without slowing down its performance in any way.
When put to maximum use, the battery lasts for a long time, allowing you to complete your word-processing tasks without plugging into a power source after a full charge. In addition, it has a backlit keyboard that lets you work under poor lighting conditions.
Below are some of the Dell 13 7000 Inspiron features that earned it a spot in our Best Laptop For Word Processing list in 2022.
- It possesses a quick charge battery and attains a full charge in about fifteen minutes. When fully charged, the battery can last all day regardless of the intensity of the task.
- It has a face recognition feature allows you to log into your system securely and with just one look.
- A 300-nit panel allows for working outdoors without stress and tampering with the graphics quality.
- It comes with the 8th generation intel core processor that provides high-speed performance.
- SSD storage of 256GB makes it perform word processing tasks with great speed.
- 8 GB DDR4 memory provides load times that are way faster alongside a larger bandwidth. In addition, it enables easy and fast switches between applications regardless of how many programs are running simultaneously.
- Online streaming is enhanced as a result of its SmartByte technology.
- 180-degree hinge, with which you can bend it in whatever direction you choose.
Overall, the Dell 13 7000 7370 Inspiron comes with a touchpad that is quite small and also has a noticeable fan noise.
However, the Inspiron 13 is the slimmest laptop compared to others, and its weight makes it easy to carry around and very suitable for all word-processing tasks.
It also comes with the latest technology and top-notch specs, making your tasks highly efficient and productive.
What laptop is good for word processing?
The Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 is one of the best budget laptops for writers.
Do laptops come with word processing?
Most Windows laptops have a stripe-down version of MS Word suitable for basic word processing.
You can opt for the Microsoft Office 365 package or use online word-processing sites such as Google Docs for additional applications.
What are the features of a good word processor?
Key features of word processing include multiple font sets, spell check, grammar check, in-built thesaurus, automatic text correction, HTML conversion, web integration, and pre-formatted publication projects or templates such as resumes, newsletters, lists, etc.
Which laptop is best for office work and personal use?
The Lenovo IdeaPad S540 is a great multifunctional laptop for work and personal use.
How much RAM do I need for word processing?
At 4 GB of RAM for basic functioning and preferably 8 GB of RAM for improved functionality and performance.
Which brand of laptop is the most reliable?
Apple is considered one of the most reliable laptop manufacturers in the market.
How do I run a word processing program?
You can use a paid or free word processor application or site. LibreOffice, WPS Office. Google Docs, Office Word Online, Dropbox Paper, Apache OpenOffice, FocusWriter, and Etherpad are some of the most popular free word-processing software.
What are the three types of word processors?
The three types of Word processors are electronic, mechanical, and software.
What is the purpose of word processors?
A word processor allows you to create, edit, store, and print documents. Microsoft Notepad, Microsoft Word, and Corel WordPerfect are some of the most popular word-processing applications.
What are the benefits of word processing?
A word processor allows you to easily store, edit and format existing documents.
Conclusion on the best laptop for word processing list
Word processing is one of the light tasks that can be performed on a laptop and does not require sophisticated laptops to make that happen.
Regardless, it would be best to have a laptop with excellent battery life, storage capacity, and a great processor. With these in place, word processing will be carried out effectively and without stress.
The laptops mentioned above will provide the desired results for all your word processing needs; you must choose which one best suits your needs and budget.