Are you in the market for a new laptop to run After Effects? Look no further!
This blog post will discuss the best laptops for running After Effects smoothly and efficiently. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, it’s important to have a laptop that can handle the demands of video editing and motion graphics.
We’ll cover a range of options to suit different budgets and needs so that you can find the perfect laptop for your After Effects workflow.
So, let’s dive in and find the perfect laptop for you!
What laptop specs do I need for After Effects?🤷♀️
Here are the minimum and recommended system requirements for After Effects:
- 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 10 (1703 or later)
- 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Phenom II
- RAM: 8 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 3 GB of available hard-disk space; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 or better
- Processor: Intel Core i7 or equivalent
- RAM: 16 GB or more
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or better
Best Laptops For After Effects To Maximize Your Creativity
1. MSI GE76 Raider
The MSI GE76 Raider is a top contender for the best laptops for After Effects. The 17.3″ 360Hz FHD display is ideal for high-quality graphics and animations since it provides very smooth and responsive images.
You can work on even the most difficult projects without encountering latency because of the excellent performance of the Intel Core i7-11800H processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX3080 graphics card.
This laptop offers more than enough storage and memory to tackle all of your After Effects projects, with 32GB of RAM and a 1TB NVMe SSD.
Any creative workstation would benefit from the sleek and fashionable titanium blue style.
Overall, for anyone searching for a high-performance laptop to work with After Effects, the MSI GE76 Raider is a fantastic option.
360Hz FHD display:– Working with graphics and animations in After Effects is made much easier by the 360Hz FHD display’s high refresh rate, which offers fluid and responsive visuals.
Exceptional performance: The Intel Core i7-11800H processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX3080 graphics card offer exceptional performance, enabling you to work without problems on even the most demanding projects.
Massive memory and storage: The MSI GE76 Raider boasts 32GB of RAM and a 1TB NVMe SSD, which is more than enough memory and storage to tackle your After Effects projects.
Sleek and sophisticated design: The titanium blue design is a terrific addition to any creative workstation.
Price: Given its higher end of price range, this laptop might not be the most cost-effective choice.
Size and weight: This laptop is bigger and heavier than some other options at 17.3 inches and over 6 pounds, which can be a problem if you need a more portable computer.Check Price on Amazon
2. Dell XPS 17 9710
The Dell XPS 17 9710 is one of the best laptops for after effects on the market.
With its magnificent 17-inch FHD+ display, you can view your work perfectly. While using resource-hungry applications like After Effects, the Intel Core i7-11800H processor and 16GB DDR4 RAM guarantee a fluid and effective performance.
The laptop also includes a 1TB SSD, giving you plenty of room for all your tasks and files. A dedicated NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 4GB GDDR6 graphics card will also deliver outstanding visuals and quick rendering.
In addition, the Dell XPS 17 9710 comes with Windows 11 Home and a year of premium service, offering you assurance and dependable help when you need it.
Thanks to its stylish platinum silver design, this laptop looks as amazing as it functions. In conclusion, the Dell XPS 17 9710 is an excellent option if you’re looking for a strong and dependable laptop for After Effects.
- Smooth and effective performance is provided by a powerful Intel Core i7-11800H processor and 16GB DDR4 RAM.
- Large 17-inch FHD+ display for thorough project viewing
- Use a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 4GB GDDR6 graphics card for quick rendering times and top-notch visuals.
- For projects and files, a 1TB SSD offers ample storage capacity.
- One year of premium support and Windows 11 Home are included.
- ultramodern platinum silver design
- The cost might be higher than that of some competing products.
- Some people might like a bigger or higher-resolution display.
- Although strong, the graphics card might not be the best on the market.
- The battery life might not be enough for extended mobile video editing hours.
3. Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
The Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio is a top contender for the title “best laptop for After Effects.”
This laptop can handle even the most difficult jobs thanks to its strong Intel Core i7 processor and 14.4″ touchscreen. Thanks to the 512GB SSD and 16GB of memory, you have plenty of storage capacity and blazing-fast speed.
The Surface Laptop Studio’s small and lightweight form is one of its distinguishing qualities, making it the ideal laptop for professionals constantly on the road.
The touchscreen display provides precise control and a more user-friendly experience, and its platinum finish gives your workspace a touch of style.
In conclusion, consumers looking for a strong, transportable, and fashionable laptop should strongly consider the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio.
- Powerful Intel Core i7 processor and 16GB of memory allow for smooth and efficient performance while using After Effects.
- 14.4″ touchscreen display provides precise control and an intuitive user experience
- The slim and lightweight design makes it easy to take on the go
- 512GB SSD offers ample storage space for After Effects projects and files
- A stylish platinum finish adds a professional touch to your work setup
- Some customers might not be willing to pay the price point.
- Some users prefer a laptop with a dedicated graphics card for even greater performance.
- Some users might not find the touchscreen display to be particularly responsive.
- Users who want a larger display for their job may find the 14.4″ screen size inadequate.
- Some users might not get as much battery life as they want, especially if they use After Effects frequently.
4. 2021 MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip
One of the finest computers for using After Effects is the 2021 MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip. Even the most difficult After Effects projects may be handled because of its 10-core CPU and 16-core GPU.
The laptop’s 16GB of RAM and 512GB SSD also guarantee enough speed and storage space for lag-free operation.
The MacBook Pro is a wonderful option for creative professionals because, in addition to its impressive specifications, it boasts a slick, professional design and a high-quality Retina display.
It is a dependable option for on-the-go work thanks to its sturdy design and long battery life.
The 2021 MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro CPU is a fantastic option for anyone searching for a strong, dependable laptop for running After Effects and other creative software.
- The M1 Pro chip in the 2021 MacBook Pro is extremely powerful and can handle complex After Effects projects thanks to its 10-core CPU and 16-core GPU.
- Performance is seamless because of the 512GB SSD and 16GB of RAM, which offer speed and capacity.
- The laptop’s Retina display, excellent for viewing and editing video and graphics, is highly caliber.
- It is perfect for work on the road due to its long battery life and sturdy, professional design.
- The MacBook Pro is an expensive laptop that may not be affordable for everyone. It is a luxury notebook.
- For customers that require the most potent graphics performance possible, the lack of a dedicated graphics card may be a drawback.
- A full-size HDMI port or a card reader are two connecting choices that the MacBook Pro lacks compared to comparable computers.
- The laptop’s two Thunderbolt 3 ports may not be enough to connect several devices.
5. Acer Aspire 5
The Acer Aspire 5 is the best budget laptop for After Effects. Even the most demanding After Effects projects may be completed without issue because of its potent Intel Core i3-1115G4 processor and ample 20GB of RAM.
For video editing and motion graphics work, the 15.6″ Full HD display’s crystal clear pictures make it the ideal display. Additionally, you’ll have quick access to your files and programs thanks to the quick 512GB NVMe SSD.
But that’s not all; for easy communication, the Acer Aspire 5 also has WiFi 6, USB-A and C connectors, and an HDMI port.
Even remotely, you can easily communicate with team members thanks to the integrated webcam and microphone. Additionally, Windows 10 S comes with various productivity and creative tools already pre-installed.
The Acer Aspire 5 is the ideal laptop for anyone searching for a strong and reasonably priced option for After Effects and other creative tools.
- Projects requiring After Effects can be handled by a powerful Intel Core i3-1115G4 CPU and 20GB of RAM.
- A 15.6″ Full HD monitor offers crisp visuals for video editing and motion graphics work.
- Quick access to files and programs is made possible by the 512GB NVMe SSD.
- WiFi 6, USB-A and C connectors and an HDMI port are included for easy connectivity.
- Collaborating remotely with team members is simple, thanks to the built-in webcam and microphone.
- pre-installed with Windows 10 S, providing access to a variety of productivity and creative software
- Nothing about a dedicated graphics card, which might not be enough for particularly demanding After Effects tasks.
- For some people who prefer a larger screen, a 15.6″ display can be too small.
- Some users might like a different operating system, such as macOS or Windows 10 Pro, which are unavailable on this laptop.
- For customers who routinely work with really large and sophisticated After Effects projects, 20GB of RAM might not be sufficient.
6. Dell XPS 15 laptop
The Dell XPS 15 is one of the best video editing laptops; you can buy it as it comes with all the essential features you require.
Dell has hit the jackpot with a fantastic laptop. This laptop was released last year but still waves in the market. They are expected to release the 2021 version of a similar laptop, although they have already released the 13” XPS laptop.
This laptop is ideal for video editing and Adobe After Effects because it comes with a 4K OLED screen that provides intense color and clarity. You are also offered a 239% color gamut and excellent brightness.
Its chassis is elegant with an aluminum and carbon fiber building. The performance is the best part of the laptop with the 9th Gen Core i9 CPU combined with the Nvidia GTX 1650 GPU.
Earlier, the webcam was positioned at the bottom of the laptop, giving it issues for many users. However, they have rectified it by placing it at the top.
The manufacturer has even preloaded a tool called PremierColor, which allows you to change and alter brightness and color gamut.
- The laptop comes with a striking 4K OLED display
- It also has excellent overall
- The graphics performance is just beyond expectations.
- Its webcam is placed in the right position to make calls and view.
- The laptop comes with a very sleek and attractive design
- It weighs only 4.4 pounds, which is not too heavy.
- Unfortunately, it has an average battery life that may frustrate some users.
The Dell XPS 15 (2019) is the best video editing laptop you can purchase, thanks to its remarkable battery life, excellent performance, and vibrant 4K OLED display.
7. Lenovo Legion Y7000
The Lenovo Legion Y7000 is a gaming laptop. Now, what is a gaming laptop doing in this list of after-effects? First, it is one of the best budget video editing laptops on the market.
This is bang on the buck for students and working professionals learning the art of video editing or professional gaming. It is priced slightly above $1000 but has features that match top-end models like Dell XPS and the MacBook.
This is a GTX 1060 GPU and comes with a powerful 8th Gen Core i7 processor. The monitor is 15.6” and comes with a 1080p display covered at 153% sRGB color spectrum, giving you 277 nits of brightness. The immense clarity and picture-perfect videos will enchant you.
The battery life is decent, coming at more than 4 hours on a charge.
Below is a summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Lenovo Legion Y7000 that earned it a spot in our list of the Best laptops for After Effects.
- Foremost of all, the graphics are excellent and bright.
- The gaming laptop comes with a sports car design.
- The display is colorful and vibrant, offering you ample options.
- The keyboard is comfortable for working or gaming for long hours.
- It comes with a robust overall performance.
- The audio on the gaming laptop is not up to the mark, which is a surprise for a gaming laptop.
- It is slightly on the heavy side at more than 5 pounds.
The Lenovo Legion Y7000 is a budget laptop for video editing. It has decent features like the Intel Core i7 and Nvidia GTX 1060 providing you with adequate functionalities.
8. New Apple MacBook Pro
The MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) is one of the best products released from the stable Apple. If you are looking for a beast in performance from a laptop, it has got to be this one.
This 16” laptop has a massive AMD Radeon Pro 5500M GPU and Intel Core i9 CPU. The display is colorful and bright, with ample inner touches. That is due to the retina display having accurate tone technology.
One can easily distinguish between the MacBook’s display and others. This stands out on a different level altogether. It weighs light at a little more than 4 pounds and comes at 0.6” thickness.
The audio levels are audible thanks to the 6-speaker sound system, having force-canceling woofers.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the MacBook Pro that earned it a spot in our list of the Best laptops for After Effects.
- This is a 16” display laptop offering you clear visuals.
- The keyboard is a breeze to work with, comfortable and gentle.
- The bezels are slim and colorful for viewing your favorite movies or video editions.
- It comes with a retina display having true tone technology.
- The performance is one of the best, coming with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M GPU and Intel Core i9 CPU.
- Sadly, the display is not 4K
- You will be surprised that it has no full-size USB port or SD card slot.
The MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) has a performance beyond comparison for now and a fast CPU. However, this is one of the most expensive laptops on the market.
9. Alienware 51M
The Alienware Area-51m is a 17.3” video editing laptop, one of the most powerful laptops we have come across on the list. It has a 9th Gen Core i9 desktop processor and the RTX 2080 GPU.
The SSD is one of the fastest at a transfer rate of 1,272 MBps. The display screen is 1920 x 1080, which is ideal for gamers. This is one of its thinnest notebooks. You will be amazed by its looks, which are elegant and premium and designed with materials like copper, steel, and magnesium alloy.
It also comes with advanced thermal technology that allows it to cool but does not hinder its performance. The battery delivers exceptional duration so you can video edit and continue gaming.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Alienware 51M that earned it a spot in our list of the Best laptops for After Effects.
- The laptop has a space station aesthetic, offering a unique design to work or game with.
- The overall performance is excellent.
- The graphics are on par with the MacBook and Dell XPS.
- The SSDs are quick and fast.
- The components are upgradeable, and you can replace them whenever you want to.
- Though the features are excellent, the laptop is slightly expensively priced.
- It is immensely heavy at more than 8 pounds.
The Alienware Area-51m is an ideal buy when you are most inclined to the power due to its desktop-level processor and beefy GPU.
10. Microsoft Surface Book 2 (15-inch)
The Microsoft Surface Book 2 (15-inch) is a versatile video editing laptop. This laptop can also be used as a tablet, thanks to the fact that you can detach the screen. It works with the help of the discrete Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU and 8th Gen Core i7 CPU.
The display is excellent at 3240 x 2160 and bright. You can watch, edit, and view as many as five videos simultaneously. Its battery life is good, lasting well over 12 hours.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Microsoft Surface Book 2 that earned it a spot in our list of the Best laptops for After Effects.
- It comes with a screen you can detach as and when you want.
- The pen experience is good too.
- It comes with one of the most extended battery life of 12 hours.
- The display is magnificent at 3240 x 2160.
- The performance is good with the 8th Gen Core i7 CPU.
- The laptop weighs 4 pounds which is lightweight and ideal for moving around.
- This laptop is quite expensive and may not be suitable for everyone.
- There is no Thunderbolt 3 port, which is surprising.
The Microsoft Surface Book 2 (15-inch) is a versatile video editing laptop as it works as a tablet, with a dominant performance at 8th Gen Core i7 CPU and discrete Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU, and it has a durable battery.
11. HP Spectre x360
The HP Spectre x360 (15-inch, 2019) is one of the best 2-in-1 video editing laptops. It weighs only 4.6 pounds, making it lightweight to move around with it quickly. Rightfully named the Spectre, it comes with a 4K glossy display that is clear and good.
The keyboard is operational and functional. The build quality is sturdy with aluminum and Poseidon Blue. It is suitable for video editing because of its powerful GPU and 2-in-1 design. It comes with the latest Hexacore 9th gen Intel i7- 9750H and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (4GB).
You can bet the performance of the laptop is powerful. The audio comes with HP Quad speakers and a 12 HP audio boost. The battery life is worth mentioning here because it is one of the best at 15 hours with a 6-cell 84 Wh Li-ion battery.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the HP Spectre x360 that earned it a spot in our list of the best laptop for after effects and cinema 4d.
- The design of the laptop is one of the best in the industry.
- The performance is good at Hexacore 9th gen Intel i7- 9750H and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (4GB).
- The panel is colorful.
- The keyboard provides you with excellent comfort.
- Its battery life is fantastic, going for 15 hours.
- The display of the laptop can be slightly on the brighter side.
- The speakers are slightly sluggish in performance.
The HP Spectre x360 (15-inch, 2019) comes with a robust Hexacore 9th gen Intel i7- 9750H and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (4GB). This laptop has 4K, making it ideal for video editing laptops.
12. HP ZBook x2
The HP ZBook x2 is a detachable video editing laptop with all the necessary features to make your laptop noteworthy.
Another pricey laptop from the makers of HP, but this one is known for its powerful specifications that can match easily with the likes of the MacBook and the Dell XPS.
This is a 14-inch display laptop that comes with the most crucial feature of all, 4K allowing you to edit videos at any resolution. You can also use a stylus through the shortcut keys provided just for the cause.
Few users feel that the GPU could have been slightly stronger. The laptop has the Intel Core i7 8th Gen processor at a speed of 1. 80 GHz. The display has been improved but is good enough for your video editing.
The touch screen is gentle and almost feels like you are writing smoothly when you blend it with the stylus. This ZBook laptop from HP comes with the DreamColor display, providing you with 1 billion colors.
The laptop weighs just less than 5 pounds, making it lightweight. Hence, you can carry it around for work or personal purposes.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the HP ZBook x2 that earned it a spot in our list of the Best laptops for After Effects.
- It comes with a great stylus.
- There is shortcut management that is useful from a work point of view.
- The keyboard is very comfortable and ideal for typing continuously.
- The laptop weighs less than 5 pounds, making it lightweight.
- The ZBook comes with 4k.
- The graphics performance could have been better.
- It is very expensive.
The HP ZBook x2 is the best video editing laptop for artists and video graphics designers. It should be considered thanks to the great stylus and excellent shortcut management.
13. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme
According to our research, the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme is one of the best products released by Lenovo. It has an Intel Core i5/Core i7 and a powerful Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti GPU. The display is good enough at 15” with 1080p and 4K.
This is Lenovo’s first 15” laptop with a dedicated graphics card. Since the laptop has a good speed of 64GB RAM, you can quickly perform several video editing tasks and play high-performance games.
The laptop is rightly known as the extreme because it can withstand heat and dust exposure. It also comes with an optional Smart Card reader and a fingerprint reader. Users would love to use the IR camera, which is optional.
Below is a summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme that earned it a spot in our list of the Best laptops for After Effects.
- The display is phenomenal at 4K, which is a good option for video editing.
- The HDR display offers you crystal-clear images.
- The performance is lightning-quick.
- The design of the video editing laptop is elegant and sleek.
- The battery life could have been improved.
- The laptop can heat up fast.
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 is one of the best laptops manufactured by Lenovo. If you are a Lenovo fan, you will want to use the ThinkPad X1 Extreme for video editing projects.
Best laptops for After Effects: What To Consider
When looking for a laptop that excels in Adobe After Effects, you must look at the RAM and the processor. A high-performance notebook with high RAM and a powerful processor can complete the task within the stipulated time frame.
Processor and RAM:-
The processor and the RAM are the essential elements of a good laptop for video editing. We would suggest a minimum of the 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor. As far as the RAM is concerned, you may want to use 32GB or 64GB.
Though video editing uses the GPU rather than the processor, you may want to choose a higher base frequency single core. You can perform video editing tasks even on 16GB laptops, but the visibility and quality of work will be affected.
Storage space is another crucial factor for video editing. Hence, we suggest you go in for a laptop with a solid-state drive (SSD). Typically, you would choose the usual HDD.
However, the SSD enables you to boot quickly and recover data simultaneously. When you are dealing with videos and editing projects, then this aspect is critical.
Yes, the SSD comes slightly more expensive than the HDD, but it completes the job at the end of the day.
The graphics card is another aspect to cover so that your video editing work is top-notch. Some users feel that Adobe After Effects only use the GPU for performing 3D tasks. It is true, which is why you must consider finding another alternative.
But, you may want to get yourself a dedicated GPU on the laptop for better performance. If you are looking for a budget laptop, we recommend the Nvidia GeForce MX150 GPU. You can consider the GTX 1060 Nvidia card when your work demands more output.
The other features you can consider for your laptop
We have covered the three main components of the best laptop for after effects. However, when you are keen on getting the ultimate performance, then you may want to get yourself a high-end laptop that is priced above $1000.
Apart from that, you can choose laptops, offer you sound and visual effects, and choosing one with a high refresh rate, as 144Hz is a good idea.
The expensive ones like the MacBook, Surface Pro, and Dell XPS 15 (2019) come with wide-angle displays with excellent brightness.
📗 FAQs on Best laptops For After Effects
Below are a few queries on the Best laptops for After Effects that everyone is expecting to answer, and I did include the same for my readers.
Is 16 GB RAM enough for After Effects?
16 GB of RAM is enough for After Effects to run smoothly in most cases, especially if you are working with 1080p or lower-resolution video.
However, having additional RAM might be useful if you’re working with 4K or higher definition video or if you’re running After Effects alongside other apps.
Additionally, it’s a good idea to have at least an extra 8 GB of RAM available for any other applications you might run.
16 GB of RAM should be adequate for most After Effects projects, while having more may be advantageous in some circumstances.
Which MacBook Pro to get for After Effects?
When choosing a MacBook Pro for After Effects, you’ll want to consider the following factors:-
Processor:- After Effects benefits from a quick processor, so go with a MacBook Pro that has a powerful processor like the Intel Core i9 or AMD Ryzen.
RAM: As was already noted, After Effects is best used with at least 16 GB of RAM, while larger amounts may be helpful for projects that require more sophisticated workflows.
Storage: You should have sufficient storage because After Effects can consume a lot of space. The recommended MacBook Pro should have at least 512 GB of storage.
Graphics: If you intend to use After Effects or other software that requires sophisticated visual effects or 3D graphics, pick a MacBook Pro with a dedicated graphics card like the AMD Radeon Pro.
Overall, the best MacBook Pro for After Effects will depend on your specific needs and budget.
Is 64GB RAM overkill for After Effects?
Having 64GB of RAM for After Effects is generally unnecessary, especially if you are working with smaller resolutions such as 1080p.
The minimal RAM required for most AE workflows is 8GB, although After Effects doesn’t need much RAM to function efficiently.
Extra RAM can be beneficial if you work with very high resolutions or perform a lot of 3D rendering.
While it is generally true that having more RAM will enable you to work on bigger and more complicated projects, it is not strictly necessary for the majority of After Effects work.
What computer is best for After Effects?
Generally, a mid-range to high-end computer with a fast multi-core processor, 8GB or more RAM, a good graphics card, and plenty of storage space will be suitable for most After Effects workflows.
Is Macbook Air M1 good for After Effects?
The Macbook Air M1 is a good choice for running After Effects, especially if working with smaller resolutions such as 1080p.
Most After Effects tasks should be no problem for the M1 processor, which is incredibly quick and effective. Additionally, the 8GB of RAM in the Macbook Air M1 is more than enough for most After Effects workflows.
Consider a computer with additional RAM and a more potent graphics card if you frequently work with high resolutions or render 3D models.
The Macbook Air M1 should, however, be more than sufficient for the majority of After Effects work.
Do professionals use After Effects?
Yes, After Effects is a professional-grade software that professionals in various fields widely used.
When adding visual effects to their video productions, editors, compositors, motion graphics artists, and animators frequently choose this method.
In addition to the commercial and advertising sectors, After Effects is frequently utilized in producing movies, television shows, and video games.
Additionally, designers and artists utilize it to produce animations, title sequences, and motion graphics for social media, websites, and other digital platforms.
Is 16GB RAM enough for 4K video editing?
Ideally, 16GB of RAM should be enough for 4K video editing. However, many factors, such as the length of your films, the number of layers in your project, and the software you’re using, can affect how much RAM you require.
16GB of RAM should be adequate for most 4K editing tasks if you use an application like Adobe Premiere Pro.
However, you could require more RAM to ensure lag-free performance if you’re working with extremely long clips, running several programs simultaneously, or utilizing other resource-intensive applications.
How much RAM do I need for 4K video editing?
It’s recommended to have at least 16GB of RAM for smooth 4K editing performance.
You might want to think about 32GB or more if you’re working on particularly huge and complicated projects or if you use demanding effects and plugins. A fast storage disk, like an SSD, should be used for optimum performance.
Why does After Effects use so much RAM?
After Effects is a very memory-intensive application that will use as much RAM as possible to perform its tasks efficiently.
Caching, Multiple Undo and Third-Party Plugin are a few main reasons why After Effects uses a lot of ram.
What laptops can you get the best Adobe After Effects?
Our research shows that the Dell XPS 15 (2019), the MacBook Pro, and Surface Book come with excellent Adobe After Effects. If you are somebody who prefers working on the MacBook, then this should not be an issue at all.
Likewise, the Surface Pro comes with Nvidia, which is good enough for your video editing needs. The MacBook takes the top spot with its elegant 15” frame, the AMD Radeon R9 M370X, and a dedicated GPU.
That does not mean the other laptops discussed in the above review are not good enough. They are good enough for your video editing requirements.
Can we use the i5 to edit videos?
The i5 Intel processor is good enough for video editing. The main issue with video editing or editors is that they can never be satisfied enough.
According to experts, the Intel Core i5 series processors offer more than enough video editing functions.
Of course, only the processor does not matter; the video cards and the RAM also come into play. You can expect a surge in video editing performance if you have better RAM and powerful video cards.
How good is the MacBook Air for video editing?
As we read above, the MacBook, according to us, has what it takes for video editing. The main advantage of the MacBook is that the high-resolution display, along with the 8th generation Intel dual-core processor, provides you with the best combination for editing videos.
Hence, it is no surprise that video editors prefer this laptop. Other laptops of different makes and models mentioned in the review are good enough too. It is just that the MacBook’s ultra-high resolution is flawless.
What is the ideal amount of RAM to edit a video?
The RAM is a critical component for enabling high-performance video editing. Therefore, a laptop needs adequate RAM to work faster and complete tasks more quickly. The minimum RAM required would be 16GB, and the ideal speed could be 32GB.
However, when you want high performance, you can think of using 64GB and, in some cases, for heavy users, 128GB. Apart from that, the high-end graphics card is another component to consider, which can be expensive but useful for your tasks.
What is the proper amount of storage for a laptop?
As we said, storage space is crucial for enabling you to complete your task. These days, most laptops come with 32GB, which is suitable for video editing.
Nevertheless, if you are a professional video editing consultant or a professional gamer, who requires high performance, you can opt for 64GB.
Sometimes, when you expect very high performance, you can choose 128GB. However, you rarely see users with 128GB RAM on their laptops. Apart from that, the CPU must be able to match the storage space speed, or it will affect the duration of work.
Choosing the best video editing laptops
We have already discussed some things to consider when choosing the best laptops for After Effects. However, you need to know a few pointers that can help you to narrow your options for the right decision quickly.
The given list does not contain budget laptops. You should be willing to spend likewise when you want optimum performance from your device. However, you can make choices depending on your financial capability.
If you can afford laptops that are priced more than $1000, then it is fine. At the same time, when looking for ones priced around the $500 to $800 range, then be prepared for a slight dip in performance.
The next vital factor to know is the kind of work that you do. Are you into heavy video editing or those massive tasks that involve 4k? While simple video editing of small clips at the 720p requires low storage space and a decent CPU, the 4k needs high-performance devices.
For those planning to do video editing as a hobby, you can start with gaming laptops with decent and workable features. This way, you can learn and get a feel of video editing.
However, those of you who are professionals and consultants whose livelihood depends on video editing may want to concentrate on a high-end video editing laptop. They give you a clear and sharp display to help you complete your tasks accurately and accurately.
How can you test video editing laptops?
Echoing the thoughts above, you need to find out whether the video editing laptop is worth your money and time. You can do that with the help of a couple of tools and software to measure its overall performance.
There are video editing test tools like Geekbench and HandBrake that can provide you with the answer to how good the laptop is at offering you quality video editing capabilities. These tools help measure a video’s CPU speed and transcoding abilities from 4K to 1080p.
Though there are some high-performance laptops, you must understand that the display is the main criterion when purchasing a video editing device. The clarity of the resolution, the average number of nits, and the coverage of the sRGB color.
Conclusion on the best laptops for after effects list
This was the list of the best laptops for after effects. I hope you liked what you read based on our research. We found that the Surface Pro and the MacBook are the best options for video editing.
Apart from that, you can also perform a wide range of tasks using them. These laptops are not ideally budgeted, but most are top-end models.
As you read, video editing requires high-quality features for you to do quality work.
Besides, professional gamers might prefer viewing high-quality, crystal-clear videos on their monitors. This is possible only when you work using high-performance laptops like the ones discussed above.
Since you now know what to choose from, you are ready to go.