Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Laptops for AutoCAD in 2021? 🤔
This buyer’s guide is going to give you all the answers to the question that you have in your mind. 😎
So without further ado, let’s get started… 🎭
For engineers and architects, the development of AutoCAD by AutoDesk is the best software that has changed the ecosystem to how these two professional careers have been able to work.
However, if you are out in the market looking for a laptop that will work efficiently for AutoCAD, you need to have some genuine budget, and the laptop should have the most advanced technology (a multiple-core processor) to be able to handle the large files and detailing that AutoCAD provides a virtual project.
If you are here looking for the best laptops for AutoCAD, then there are some factors you need to watch out for.
Some are a powerful processor preferably a 7th or 8th or 9th generation processor, a massive storage space, a maximum of 3.0 GHz frequency processor speed, display resolution with True Color of 1080 by 1920 and screen size 15-inch and above and overall, compatibility with major architectural software like 3ds Max, Photoshop or Solidworks among others.
Best Laptops for AutoCAD: Our Top Picks 👌👌
1. Acer Aspire E 15
With a prices tag of less than 800 dollars, this is the more affordable AutoCAD laptop on the market with excellent performance and delivery quality for the users. So if you are cash strapped but need a good laptop, this is the best one.
With a beautiful black matte surface with the silver ACER logo cutting through the obsidian black, this ultra-slim device is elegant and the look fits the performance you will be getting on the laptop.
Below are some of the features of the Acer Aspire E 15 laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- With LED backlight and IPS technology, this laptop will provide superior clarity with a sharper and cleaner image from any angle on across the screen
- Comes with an NVIDIA GeForce MX150 dedicated Graphic with 2GB of video memory
- The display size of 15.6 inches with 1920 by 1080 resolution
- 8th generation Intel Core i5-8250U with a turbo boost of 3.4 GHz
- 8 GB DD4 RAM, with 256 GB SSD drive which is okay for AutoCAD
- Has a battery life of 15 hours ensures you stay up and running throughout the day
- Compatible with Windows 10
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Acer Aspire E 15 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- Comes with plenty of connection ports including USB ports, HDMI with HDCP support, an SD card reader
- Excellent easy to use specifics for AutoCAD
- The RAM is just 8 GB and might need an external storage upgrade for large files
Overall, the ACER Aspire E 15 checks all the boxes for a laptop for AutoCAD except for the RAM DDR4, memory space. However, because it can be upgraded, it is the best low-budget AutoCAD laptop for you.
2. ASUS ROG Zephyrus AutoCAD Laptop
For gaming designers, the ASUS ROG is the best laptop for AutoCAD; this super slim, sexy laptop has an eye-catching design of military-Grade metal chassis of premium quality making the thinnest in the category.
The 0.62-inch aluminum and CNC milled body make the ASUS ROG the lightest, most portable, and toughest to handle AutoCAD.
As far as design is concerned, ASUS has got it on lockdown, now let’s analyze what makes this laptop one of the best for AutoCAD.
Below are some of the features of the ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra-Slim Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- 6.5mm bezel design with 3 minutes response time on a 15.6-inch full HD with IPS technology and 144 Hz refresh time and a wide viewing angle of 178 degrees
- NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Max Q Graphics
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750 6 cores with 3.9GHz boost processor
- In-built 12V fans with anti-dust exits for comprehensive cooling system ensuring that you can work as long as you want on your laptop without compromising the performance
- Cones with a 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB SSD NVMe
- Compatible with Windows 10 Home
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The ASUS ROG Zephyrus AutoCAD Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- Super performance, super-fast with top-notch hardware to match
- IPS technology for superior color definition and clarity making it the best for gamers
- More than enough space for connections
- A backlight keyboard with a durability of 20 million depressions before wear and tear
- Run other AutoCAD programs like TurboCAD Pro, ProgeCAD, DraftSight effortlessly
- Play all your favorite games without the bother
- Not the cheapest AutoCAD laptop on the market
- Battery life is not as the Acer at just 5 hours
Functionality, excellence, design, and performance are at the top of the ASUS ROG laptop, and a great find for AutoCAD. Overall, if you have a power source close by, then the 5 hours battery life has got nothing in the efficiency that this laptop brings to the table.
3. Hp 15-inch CX0049NR AutoCAD Laptop
There is no way we wouldn’t list laptops for AutoCAD without adding a product from the masters themselves, HP.
Are you on the hunt for an AutoCAD laptop with top-notch performance, gaming capabilities, design abilities, then the CX0049NR is the device for you? This elegant, sleek, beautiful design has the internals that matches the exterior.
So if you want performance, excellent user experience, these are some features that endeared us to this device.
Below are some of the features of the Amazon Exclusive-HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- The CX0049NR is a 15.7-inch full high definition, with WLED backlight and HD IPS technology for sharper, bright, and more distinct images
- A narrow bezel display with 144 HZ refresh rate and 1080 by 1920 screen resolution with anti-glare feature reducing the amount of light that enters your eyes.
- An 8th Generation i5 – 8300H with NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Graphic system with a dedicated memory of 4GB
- A 16 GB DDR4 RAM 2666GB 128 SSD with a 16 GB Intel Optane Memory and 1TB HDD for handling the heavy task without affecting the performance
- Experience superior viewing and audio with the two rich, robust speakers
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Hp 15-inch CX0049NR that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- Has a battery life of 9 hours
- Light green LED light to enable working in any conditions
- Windows 10 Home
For all the requirements that an AutoCAD laptop needs, the CX0049NR is a beautifully crafted laptop to take the enormity of AutoCAD and related programs or software. It is also an affordable laptop, the CX0049NR is built to last and perform.
4. Microsoft Surface Book 2
Introducing the Microsoft Surface, an excellent multi-purpose, versatile device that can be a laptop, tablet, or whatever you want it to be.
This beautiful design is packed with features that will wow you and accommodate your style of use, delivering the best performance for every purpose.
Below are some of the features of the Microsoft Surface Book 2 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- 8th Generation Intel Quad-Core i7 processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics with 6GB dedicated GDDR5 memory with 1.9 GHz speed
- 15-inch LCD display screen with a resolution of 3260 by 2160
- In-built 16 GB DDR4 RAM with 512 GB SSD storage
- Super clear front and rear camera great for Skype or chatting with a client
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Microsoft Surface Book 2 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- Extremely versatile for artists, designers, and engineers with the stylus pen
- Three modes of browsing – stylus pen, mouse, and surface dial
- 17 hours of battery life to last you the whole day
- Choose four modes of viewing
- The detachable screen turns your laptop into a tablet by removing from the hinges
- Vey futuristic design
- Very expensive
- The stylus is not included
The Microsoft Surface although built for AutoCAD cannot really compare with some of the big names listed here. However, AutoCAD needs versatility, conformity, and durability, all of which this notebook effortlessly provides for the user.
5. CUK MSI GF75 Thin Notebook
The game just changes with this super design AutoCAD laptop that will change the way you game, AutoCAD, or design on any device forever.
If you have the cash and are on the hunt for a powerful device for AutoCAD with super qualities and features, top-notch performance, and execution, the CUK MSI GF75 is the one for you. Although expensive, it is worth every penny spent.
Below are some of the features of the CUK MSI GF75 Thin Notebook that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- A 17.7-inch full High definition laptop is 8 percent small, 16 percent thinner, and 15 percent lighter with 120HZ IPS technology for impeccable clarity and widescreen viewing and has a resolution of 1920 by 1080
- A powerful 9th Generation Intel Core i7-p750 6 cores with a turbo boost of 2.6GHz – 4.5GHz that is 10 percent faster than the previous series
- It has 32GB DDR4 2666Mhz with 512GB NVMe hard drive
- A supercharge NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 blazing fast 4GB dedicated graphic processor
- Windows 10 home compatible system
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The CUK MSI GF75 Thin Notebook that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- A high definition webcam of 720 pixels
- Plenty of USB connection ports, a microphone, and a headset port
- A great laptop for AutoCAD, gaming, videos, and software
- It is 4 times faster with an 88 percent screen to body ratio
You know that with the latest 9th Generation processor software, this is the laptop will take a huge chunk out of your savings. But if you are fully into AutoCAD and Gaming, you will love the efficiency, speed, and delivery of this laptop. It is smooth to touch, elegant, and will help you achieve more in AutoCAD.
6. New Apple MacBook Pro
If you are an Apple fan or need to be in the MacBook family, now you can enter with style in this elegant built, functional, powerful, super performance laptop that makes AutoCAD look easy.
Built with premium materials, this MacBook Pro is professional at the highest, as usual, Apple has spared nothing in ensuring the design and utilities are top-notch.
Below are some of the features of the Apple MacBook Pro that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- Enjoy an ultimate performance in a portable 15mm thin device with 10 hours of battery life, 3.2 GB SSD read speed, 2.2 GB per seconds write speed, and 5.0 GHz turbo boost
- 9th generation 8-core Intel Core i9 2.4 GHz speed that is boosted up to 5.0 GHz
- 15.4-inch touchscreen with True Color Technology with IPS Retina display
- 32 GB DDR4, 2400MHz memory, 512 GB storage, and up to 4TB SSD storage
- AMD Radeon Pro 555X Graphics processor card with 4GB GDDR5 integrated powerful graphics
- Uses the macOS Sierra Operating System
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The New Apple MacBook Pro that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- Touch bar feature makes work faster and productively
- Ability to customize functions you use very often
- Encrypts all your files with the in-built Apple T2 security chip
- Support up to two 5k display units
- Comes equipped with Thunderbolt 3 technology
- Excellent tap and control button littered over the keypad to make work easier and faster
- Excellent voice control command to secure your laptop and compatible with Siri
- Compile codes, render images, add special effect, and work with multiple tools seamlessly and effectively
- Get more power, performance, and professionalism at your fingertips
Performance, speed, functionality, capability, design, and efficiency are what this laptop provides for the user, and for AutoCAD purposes, you will enjoy excellent rendering, color distinction, and separation, the ability to add that special touches to your virtual projects easily and seamlessly.
7. Dell XPS 15 9570
If you are looking for a sturdy laptop that will enable you to take on the complexity of AutoCAD, then the Dell XPS is one of them, and with intuitive interaction, this artfully constructed machine is made from solid and thin carbon fiber material with Coming Gorilla Glass enabling the laptop to take the workload that comes with AutoCAD but also remain resistant to damages, scratches, and others.
Below are some of the features of the Dell XPS 15 9570 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- Experience true gaming and design capabilities with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1059Ti dedicated Graphic card for speedy performance
- 8th Generation 6 Core Intel Core i7-8750H with 12-way processing power to breeze through even the most difficult work
- Comes with a 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM, 512GB SSD
- 15.6-inch 4K UHD Infinity Edge display with a screen resolution of 3840 by 2160 pixels
- Chiclet keyboard with LCD backlight enables you to work in any lighting condition
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Dell XPS 15 9570 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- Superlight weight with eye-catching colors making it super attractive
- Compatible with Windows 10 Home
- Excellent audio and clarity with IPS technology for an impeccable color distinction that you don’t need to zoom in to see clearly
- Capable of rendering AutoCAD 3D MAX file
- The anti-reflective glare option help reduce the amount of light that enters the eyes and eye-straining
Overall, the powerful laptop for AutoCAD allows you to design and edit images with ultimate precision eliminating the problems of jagged or blurry lines.
8. Lenovo ThinkPad P50 20En
The Lenovo ThinkPad is a professional laptop built to deliver results and power for people that need it. With the capacity and performance features, this laptop makes it on this list as one of the best choices for AutoCAD and similar software programs.
- As a gaming laptop, it comes with an equally powerful processor, the Intel Xeon E3- 1505MV5 4 Core with 2.8 GHz boosted up to 3.7 GHz
- 16 GB DDR4 (easily upgrades to 32 GB), 256 GB SSD M.2 opal2
- Compatible with Windows 10 Home but comes in-built with Windows 7 with 64-bit
- Type C Thunderbolt, HDMI, and 4-3.0 USB ports
- Graphics NVIDIA Quadro M2000m and a dedicated 4GB GDDR5
- 15.6 – inch 1920 by 1080 screen resolution
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Lenovo ThinkPad P50 20En that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- 1.2 megapixels rear camera
- An affordable laptop that works great for multitasking
- Undoubtedly the best laptop for AutoCAD, engineers, and architects
- Super performance with excellent functions
- A bit weighty compared to other laptops in this category
Overall, Lenovo electronics are known to build excellent laptops for a variety of purposes. The Lenovo ThinkPad is a professional laptop for engineers, architects, and software makers to work efficiently without stress.
9. Razer Blade 15 Gaming Laptop 2019
Take your work on the road with this 0.78-inch futuristic design with Thunderbolt 3 capabilities with a matte screen to handle all the heavy tasks of AutoCAD and related programs
Overall, if your ideal laptop for AutoCAD involves portability and performance, the Razor Blade 15’ is a good buy for the purpose.
Furthermore, the quality and features coupled with the design to enable you to work excellently without any problems.
Below are some of the features of the Razer Blade 15 Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- An IPS technology 15.6-inch full high definition display that refreshes at 144HZ speed for uninterrupted performance
- Matte screen pulls light away from your eyes to reduce eye-straining or pain
- Powered by the latest 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750 six processors for superior performance with 4.6 GHz speed
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM 512 GB SSD
- A gigantic and powerful 8GB NVIDIA GeForce 2060 RTX graphic processor
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Razer Blade 15 Gaming Laptop 2019 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD to get in 2021.
- Comes with a customizable RGB backlit keyboard
- Portable and durable
- Lightweight and dependable design
Overall, the Razor Blade 15-inch IPS technology display screen is a great laptop for AutoCAD and Gaming that will make the job light, whether in the office or on the road.
Best Laptops for AutoCAD: What To Consider
With that said, below are buying guides to watch out for before investing in an AutoCAD laptop.
The 🐱💻 Processor
No laptop will work without the processors, although a 7th and 8th generation processor will work well in a laptop that is needed for AutoCAD. The need for a higher generation processor is due to the fact AutoDesk is constantly upgrading its product hence the need for a top and robust processor like the 9th generation core.
Whether your laptop of choice has the SSD or HDD storage space, it will work but an AutoCAD laptop should invest in the SDD storage space because it makes writing and reading faster which is what AutoCAD users need with the ample storage also improves the performance of the laptop.
For an AutoCAD laptop, the maximum RAM is 16GB, anything lower might work, but the weightiness of the software associated with AutoCAD makes a larger space is better.
Color clarity and definition are two prerequisites for engineers and architects because clients need to see the project or diagram that the project supervisor is showcasing to a client. So with that said, the right recommendation would be a dedicated graphics card with IPS technology for faster rendering and clearer graphics but also lessen the amount of the workload on the processor which in turn improves the performance and speed.
For beginners to AutoCAD, let’s put it out there, a 10-inch, 11-inch, or 12-inch display screen will not work, it will be difficult to design on a smaller screen. Asides from the fact that you will not be able to see the entirety of your work, it just makes it harder.
For AutoCAD, laptops with a screen size of 15-inches or higher are the right way to go. Choose well. Furthermore, the laptop should be high definition.
As important as the display screen is, the resolution is equally necessary. 1080 by 1920 is a full HD and the minimum resolution mark and any resolution lower than the above will frustrate your effort as AutoCAD specialists which are not something you should be dealing with.
🔋 Battery life
This is essential for any AutoCAD laptop as your device consumes enough energy; hence you need a laptop with a reliable battery life that can last throughout the day. Gone are the days when AutoCAD experts use their desktop with technology becoming slimmer and lighter with business happening anywhere, a 12 to 15 hours battery life is the best.
Because the software for AutoCAD puts serious pressure on your laptop, ensure you buy a laptop that will remain cool even after long hours of work.
These are the consideration for all potential buyers of laptops that will be used for AutoCAD, so if you are new to AutoCAD, and on the hunt for a laptop, we have 9 excellent laptops for you.
📗FAQ’s on Best Laptops for AutoCAD
Below are a couple of queries on Best Laptops for AutoCAD that everyone is expecting to answer and I did include the same for my readers.
Which is best laptop for AutoCAD?
1. Acer Aspire E 15 2. ASUS ROG Zephyrus 3. Hp 15-inch CX0049NR 4. Microsoft Surface Book 2 5. CUK MSI GF75 Thin Notebook 6. New Apple MacBook Pro
Is 4gb RAM enough for AutoCAD?
No, 8 GB RAM is minimum requirment to run AutoCAD, Autodesk recommends 16 GB RAM.
Which operating system is best for AutoCAD?
Windows 10 64-bit
Are Macbooks good for CAD?
Can you run AutoCAD on a Chromebook?
Yes, Chromebooks can run AutoCAD
Well, there we have it, and 9 AutoCAD laptops later, we have hopefully brought to your awareness some of the best laptops for AutoCAD, Revit, or 3Ds Max. Furthermore, these laptops come with different price tags to allow beginners or professionals to buy one that works according to their budget.
For architects, engineers, artists, and gamers looking for the perfect laptop for AutoCAD can be really difficult.
So if you have the cash to splurge, you can but anyone from the list above, but as mentioned in the factors to consider; a powerful processor probably a 7th, 8th, or 9th generations Intel Core with an equally capable NVIDIA GeForce GTX, or RTX graphics card.
Whether you are aiming for design, portability, durability, functionality, features, or technology, you will find the above laptops for AutoCAD an excellent choice for you.
Have we missed out on your favorite, let us know which one and why?