Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Laptops for AutoCAD in 2022? 🤔
This buyer’s guide is going to give you all the answers to the question that you have in your mind. 😎
So without further ado, let’s get started… 🎭
For engineers and architects, the development of AutoCAD by AutoDesk is the best software that has changed the ecosystem of how these two professional careers have worked.
However, suppose you are out in the market looking for a laptop that will work efficiently for AutoCAD. In that case, you need to have some genuine budget, and the laptop should have the most advanced technology (a multiple-core processor) to handle the large files and details that AutoCAD provides for a virtual project.
If you are looking for the best laptops for AutoCAD, there are some factors you need to watch out for.
Some are a powerful processor, preferably a 7th or 8th or 9th generation processor, a massive storage space, a maximum of 3.0 GHz frequency processor speed, display resolution with True Color of 1080 by 1920 and screen size 15-inch and above, and overall compatibility with major architectural software like 3ds Max, Photoshop or Solidworks among others.
Best Laptops for AutoCAD – Our Top Picks 👌
1. Acer Aspire E 15
With a price tag of fewer than 800 dollars, this is the more affordable AutoCAD laptop on the market, with excellent performance and delivery quality. So if you are cash-strapped but need a good laptop, this is the best one.
With a beautiful black matte surface with the silver ACER logo cutting through the obsidian black, this ultra-slim device is elegant, and the look fits the performance you will be getting on the laptop.
- With LED backlight and IPS technology, this laptop will provide superior clarity with a sharper and cleaner image from any angle across the screen
- It comes with an NVIDIA GeForce MX150 dedicated Graphic with 2GB of video memory
- The display size of 15.6 inches with 1920 by 1080 resolution
- 8th generation Intel Core i5-8250U with a turbo boost of 3.4 GHz
- 8 GB DD4 RAM, with 256 GB SSD drive, which is okay for AutoCAD
- It has a battery life of 15 hours, ensures you stay up and running throughout the day
- Compatible with Windows 10/11
- It has many connection ports, including USB ports, HDMI with HDCP support, and an SD card reader.
- Excellent easy-to-use specifics for AutoCAD
- The RAM is just 8 GB and might need an external storage upgrade for large files.
Overall, the ACER Aspire E 15 checks all the boxes for a laptop for AutoCAD except for the RAM, DDR4, and memory space.
2. ASUS ROG Zephyrus AutoCAD Laptop
For gaming designers, the ASUS ROG is the best laptop for AutoCAD; this super slim, sexy laptop has an eye-catching design of military-Grade metal chassis of premium quality, making the thinnest in the category.
The 0.62-inch aluminum and CNC milled body make the ASUS ROG the lightest, most portable, and toughest to handle AutoCAD.
As far as design is concerned, ASUS has got it on lockdown; now, let’s analyze what makes this laptop one of the best for AutoCAD.
- 6.5mm bezel design with 3 minutes response time on a 15.6-inch full HD with IPS technology and 144 Hz refresh time, and a wide viewing angle of 178 degrees
- NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Max Q Graphics
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750 6 cores with 3.9GHz boost processor
- In-built 12V fans with anti-dust exits for a comprehensive cooling system, ensuring that you can work as long as you want on your laptop without compromising the performance
- Cones with a 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB SSD NVMe
- Compatible with Windows 10 Home
- Super performance, super-fast with top-notch hardware to match
- IPS technology for superior color definition and clarity makes it the best for gamers
- More than enough space for connections
- A backlight keyboard with a durability of 20 million depressions before wear and tear
- Run other AutoCAD programs like TurboCAD Pro, ProgeCAD, and DraftSight effortlessly.
- Play all your favorite games without the bother
- Not the cheapest AutoCAD laptop on the market
- Battery life is not like the Acer’s at just 5 hours
Functionality, excellence, design, and performance are at the top of the ASUS ROG laptop and a great find for AutoCAD. Overall, if you have a power source close by, then the 5 hours of battery life has nothing in the efficiency this laptop brings to the table.
3. Hp 15-inch CX0049NR AutoCAD Laptop
There is no way we wouldn’t list laptops for AutoCAD without adding a product from the masters themselves, HP.
Are you on the hunt for an AutoCAD laptop with top-notch performance, gaming capabilities, and design abilities? Then is the CX0049NR the device for you? This elegant, sleek, beautiful design has internals that matches the exterior.
So if you want performance and an excellent user experience, these are some features that endeared us to this device.
- The CX0049NR is a 15.7-inch full high definition, with a WLED backlight and HD IPS technology for sharper, bright, and more distinct images.
- A narrow bezel display with 144 HZ refresh rate and 1080 by 1920 screen resolution with an anti-glare feature reducing the amount of light that enters your eyes.
- An 8th Generation i5 – 8300H with NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Graphic system with a dedicated memory of 4GB
- A 16 GB DDR4 RAM 2666GB 128 SSD with a 16 GB Intel Optane Memory and 1TB HDD for handling the heavy task without affecting the performance
- Experience superior viewing and audio with the two rich, robust speakers
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Hp 15-inch CX0049NR that earned it a spot in our Best Laptops for AutoCAD in 2022.
- It has a battery life of 9 hours
- Light green LED light to enable working in any conditions
- Windows 10 Home
For all the requirements that an AutoCAD laptop needs, the CX0049NR is a beautifully crafted laptop to take the enormity of AutoCAD and related programs or software. It is also an affordable laptop; the CX0049NR is built to last and perform.
4. Microsoft Surface Book 2
Introducing the Microsoft Surface, an excellent multi-purpose, versatile device that can be a laptop, tablet, or whatever you want.
This beautiful design comprises features that will wow you and accommodate your use style, delivering the best performance for every purpose.
- 8th Generation Intel Quad-Core i7 processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics with 6GB dedicated GDDR5 memory with 1.9 GHz speed
- 15-inch LCD screen with a resolution of 3260 by 2160
- In-built 16 GB DDR4 RAM with 512 GB SSD storage
- Super clear front and rear camera great for Skype or chatting with a client
- Extremely versatile for artists, designers, and engineers with the stylus pen
- Three modes of browsing – stylus pen, mouse, and surface dial
- 17 hours of battery life to last you the whole day
- Choose four modes of viewing
- The detachable screen turns your laptop into a tablet by removing it from the hinges.
- Very futuristic design
- Very expensive
- The stylus is not included
The Microsoft Surface, although built for AutoCAD, cannot compare with some of the big names listed here. However, AutoCAD needs versatility, conformity, and durability, all of which this notebook effortlessly provides for the user.
5. CUK MSI GF75 Thin Notebook
The game just changes with this super design AutoCAD laptop that will change how you game, AutoCAD, or design on any device forever.
If you have the cash and are on the hunt for a powerful device for AutoCAD with super qualities and features, top-notch performance, and execution, the CUK MSI GF75 is the one for you. Although expensive, it is worth every penny spent.
Below are some of the CUK MSI GF75 Thin Notebook features that earned it a spot in our list of best laptop for autocad architecture.
- A 17.7-inch full High definition laptop is 8 percent small, 16 percent thinner, and 15 percent lighter with 120HZ IPS technology for impeccable clarity and widescreen viewing and has a resolution of 1920 by 1080
- A powerful 9th Generation Intel Core i7-p750 6 cores with a turbo boost of 2.6GHz – 4.5GHz that is 10 percent faster than the previous series
- It has 32GB DDR4 2666Mhz with 512GB NVMe hard drive
- A supercharge NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 blazing fast 4GB dedicated graphic processor
- Windows 10 home-compatible system
- A high-definition webcam of 720 pixels
- Plenty of USB connection ports, a microphone, and a headset port
- A great laptop for AutoCAD, gaming, videos, and software
- It is four times faster with an 88 percent screen-to-body ratio
You know that with the latest 9th Generation processor software, this laptop will take a huge chunk out of your savings. But if you are fully into AutoCAD and Gaming, you will love this laptop’s efficiency, speed, and delivery. It is smooth to touch, elegant, and will help you achieve more in AutoCAD.
6. New Apple MacBook Pro
If you are an Apple fan or need to be in the MacBook family, now you can enter with style in this elegant built, functional, powerful, super performance laptop that makes AutoCAD look easy.
Built with premium materials, this MacBook Pro is professional at the highest; as usual, Apple has spared nothing in ensuring the design and utilities are top-notch.
Below are some of the features of the Apple MacBook Pro that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD in 2022.
- Enjoy an ultimate performance in a portable 15mm thin device with 10 hours of battery life, 3.2 GB SSD read speed, 2.2 GB per seconds write speed, and 5.0 GHz turbo boost
- 9th generation 8-core Intel Core i9 2.4 GHz speed that is boosted up to 5.0 GHz
- 15.4-inch touchscreen with True Color Technology with IPS Retina display
- 32 GB DDR4, 2400MHz memory, 512 GB storage, and up to 4TB SSD storage
- AMD Radeon Pro 555X Graphics processor card with 4GB GDDR5 integrated powerful graphics
- Uses the macOS Sierra Operating System
- The touch bar feature makes work faster and productively
- Ability to customize functions you use very often
- Encrypts all your files with the in-built Apple T2 security chip
- Support up to two 5k display units
- It comes equipped with Thunderbolt 3 technology
- Excellent tap and control buttons littered over the keypad to make work easier and faster
- Excellent voice control command to secure your laptop and compatible with Siri
- Compile codes, render images, add special effects, and work with multiple tools seamlessly and effectively.
- Get more power, performance, and professionalism at your fingertips
Performance, speed, functionality, capability, design, and efficiency are what this laptop provides for the user. For AutoCAD purposes, you will enjoy excellent rendering, color distinction, separation, and the ability to add special touches to your virtual projects easily and seamlessly.
7. Dell XPS 15 9570
If you are looking for a sturdy laptop that will enable you to take on the complexity of AutoCAD, then the Dell XPS is one of them. With intuitive interaction, this artfully constructed machine is made from solid and thin carbon fiber material with Coming Gorilla Glass enabling the laptop to take the workload that comes with AutoCAD but also remain resistant to damages, scratches, and others.
Below are some of the features of the Dell XPS 15 9570 that earned it a spot in our list of best laptop for autocad and revit.
- Experience true gaming and design capabilities with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1059Ti dedicated Graphic card for speedy performance
- 8th Generation 6 Core Intel Core i7-8750H with 12-way processing power to breeze through even the most difficult work
- It comes with a 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM, 512GB SSD
- 15.6-inch 4K UHD Infinity Edge display with a screen resolution of 3840 by 2160 pixels
- Chiclet keyboard with LCD backlight enables you to work in any lighting condition
- Superlight weight with eye-catching colors, making it super attractive
- Compatible with Windows 10 Home
- Excellent audio and clarity with IPS technology for an impeccable color distinction that you don’t need to zoom in to see clearly
- Capable of rendering AutoCAD 3D MAX file
- The anti-reflective glare option help reduce the amount of light that enters the eyes and eye-straining
Overall, the powerful laptop for AutoCAD allows you to design and edit images with ultimate precision eliminating the problems of jagged or blurry lines.
8. Lenovo ThinkPad P50 20En
The Lenovo ThinkPad is a professional laptop built to deliver results and power for people that need it. With the capacity and performance features, this laptop makes it on this list as one of the best choices for AutoCAD and similar software programs.
- As a gaming laptop, it comes with an equally powerful processor, the Intel Xeon E3- 1505MV5 4 Core with 2.8 GHz boosted up to 3.7 GHz
- 16 GB DDR4 (easily upgrades to 32 GB), 256 GB SSD M.2 opal2
- Compatible with Windows 10 Home but comes in-built with Windows 7 with 64-bit
- Type C Thunderbolt, HDMI, and 4-3.0 USB ports
- Graphics NVIDIA Quadro M2000m and a dedicated 4GB GDDR5
- 15.6 – inch 1920 by 1080 screen resolution
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Lenovo ThinkPad P50 20En that earned it a spot in our Best Laptops for AutoCAD.
- 1.2 megapixels rear camera
- An affordable laptop that works great for multitasking
- Undoubtedly the best laptop for AutoCAD, engineers, and architects
- Super performance with excellent functions
- A bit weighty compared to other laptops in this category
Overall, Lenovo electronics are known to build excellent laptops for various purposes. The Lenovo ThinkPad is a professional laptop for engineers, architects, and software makers to work efficiently without stress.
9. Razer Blade 15 Gaming Laptop 2019
Take your work on the road with this 0.78-inch futuristic design with Thunderbolt 3 capabilities with a matte screen to handle all the heavy tasks of AutoCAD and related programs.
Overall, if your ideal laptop for AutoCAD involves portability and performance, the Razor Blade 15’ is a good buy.
Furthermore, the quality and features coupled with the design enable you to work excellently without any problems.
Below are some features of the Razer Blade 15 Gaming Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD in 2022.
- An IPS technology 15.6-inch full high definition display that refreshes at 144HZ speed for uninterrupted performance
- Matte screen pulls light away from your eyes to reduce eye-straining or pain
- Powered by the latest 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750 six processors for superior performance with 4.6 GHz speed
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM 512 GB SSD
- A gigantic and powerful 8GB NVIDIA GeForce 2060 RTX graphic processor
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Razer Blade 15 Gaming Laptop 2019 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Laptops for AutoCAD.
- It comes with a customizable RGB backlit keyboard
- Portable and durable
- Lightweight and dependable design
Overall, the Razor Blade 15-inch IPS technology display screen is a great laptop for AutoCAD and Gaming that will make the job light, whether in the office or on the road.
Best Laptops for AutoCAD: What To Consider
With that said, below are buying guides to watch out for before investing in an AutoCAD laptop.
The 🐱💻 Processor
No laptop will work without the processors, although a 7th and 8th generation processor will work well in a laptop that is needed for AutoCAD. The need for a higher generation processor is due to AutoDesk constantly upgrading its product hence the need for a top and robust processor like the 9th generation core.
Whether your laptop has SSD or HDD storage space, it will work. Still, an AutoCAD laptop should invest in the SDD storage space because it does writing and reading faster, which is why AutoCAD users need ample storage also improves the laptop’s performance.
For an AutoCAD laptop, the maximum RAM is 16GB, anything lower might work, but the weightiness of the software associated with AutoCAD makes a larger space better.
Color clarity and definition are two prerequisites for engineers and architects because clients need to see the project or diagram that the project supervisor is showcasing to the client. So with that said, the right recommendation would be a dedicated graphics card with IPS technology for faster rendering and clearer graphics but also lessen the amount of the workload on the processor, improving the performance and speed.
For beginners to AutoCAD, let’s put it out there, a 10-inch, 11-inch, or 12-inch display screen will not work, making it difficult to design on a smaller screen. Asides from the fact that you will not be able to see the entirety of your work, it just makes it harder.
For AutoCAD, laptops with a screen size of 15-inches or higher are the right way to go. Choose well. Furthermore, the laptop should be high definition.
As important as the display screen is, the resolution is equally necessary. 1080 by 1920 is a full HD, and the minimum resolution mark and any resolution lower than the above will frustrate your effort as AutoCAD specialists who are not something you should be dealing with.
🔋 Battery life
This is essential for any AutoCAD laptop as your device consumes enough energy; hence you need a laptop with a reliable battery life that can last throughout the day. Gone are the days when AutoCAD experts used their desktops with technology becoming slimmer and lighter with business happening anywhere; a 12 to 15 hours battery life is the best.
Because the software for AutoCAD puts serious pressure on your laptop, ensure you buy a laptop that will remain cool even after long hours of work.
These are the consideration for all potential buyers of laptops that will be used for AutoCAD, so if you are new to AutoCAD and on the hunt for a laptop, we have nine excellent laptops for you.
📗FAQ’s on Best Laptops for AutoCAD
Below are a few queries on Best Laptops for AutoCAD 2022 that everyone expects to answer, and I did include the same for my readers.
Which laptop model is the best for AutoCAD?
Top Laptops for AutoCAD include Acer ConceptD 7, HP Spectre X360, Lenovo Ideapad 3, Razer Blade 15, Surface Laptop Studio, Acer Predator Helios 300, Lenovo Thinkpad P52s, MSI GS66, etc.
What is the best budget laptop for AutoCAD?
The list of budget laptops includes Acer Aspire 5, Asus Tuf FX505DT, Lenovo IdeaPad 5i, Microsoft Surface Pro 7, etc.
What is the best laptop for AutoCAD 2022?
Asus TUF FX505DT is the best option for AutoCAD laptops. It offers an excellent blend of price and performance. This is it if you are looking for a laptop to run AutoCAD smoothly.
How much RAM do I need for AutoCAD?
AutoCAD is light on RAM requirements. Autodesk suggests 8GB RAM. Because users have more applications than AutoCAD running on their system, 32 GB can be an excellent start.
Which processor is best for AutoCAD?
A processor with high speed is great for AutoCAD. Intel Core i7 to i9 or AMD Ryzen 7 to 9 looks fair. The processors in the mentioned range will offer the correct speed needed for AutoCAD.
What laptop specs do I need for AutoCAD?
Some AutoCAD specifications include – a 64-bit Microsoft Windows 10 or 8.1 OS, a memory of 8GB ( 16 GB is ideal ), a 2.5 GHz processor ( 3.5 GHz recommended ), a 7.0 GB disk space, and a display of 1920 * 1080.
Does CAD need a graphics card?
You will need a graphics card to display 3D graphics on the screen for AutoCAD software.
Is core i5 good for AutoCAD?
I5 is suitable for AutoCAD. You can go with i3 and i5 if you have a 2GB graphics card and a 6GB minimum RAM.
Can AutoCAD run on my laptop?
AutoCAD can efficiently work on a laptop with 8GB RAM. However, having 16GB RAM would make the process smoother and tasks faster.
Is the HP laptop good for AutoCAD?
For people who are just starting and looking forward to a professional experience, HP Z1 G6 is ideal. It offers affordable specifications along with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics card.
Well, there we have it, and 9 AutoCAD laptops later, we have hopefully brought to your awareness some of the best laptops for AutoCAD, Revit, or 3Ds Max. Furthermore, these laptops come with different price tags to allow beginners or professionals to buy one that works according to their budget.
Looking for the perfect laptop for AutoCAD can be difficult for architects, engineers, artists, and gamers.
So if you have the cash to splurge, you can buy anyone from the list above, but as mentioned in the factors to consider; a powerful processor, probably a 7th, 8th, or 9th generations Intel Core with an equally capable NVIDIA GeForce GTX, or RTX graphics card.
Whether you are aiming for design, portability, durability, functionality, features, or technology, you will find the above laptops for AutoCAD an excellent choice.
Have we missed out on your favorite? Let us know which one and why?