Do you have the curiosity to know about what’s the best motherboard for i7 8700k to Buy in 2022? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay, let’s find out. 👓
The technology world in the computer framework creation and development aspects has continued to experience massive developmental strides. These developments have culminated in our various uses of the computer- with computer gaming finding its way to the top of the list.
Over time, computer games with different features and system requirements have been developed. These game features and their requirements have continued to change, with newer games having newer and more demanding computer requirements.
Now, there are no doubts as to the fact that so many people love gaming, and almost all of us would have had at least one remarkable computer gaming experience before.
Before going deep dive into “Best Motherboard For i7 8700k”, it’s important for you to understand the intel Core i7-8700K features with the below-mentioned video. 🏆
Now, over the last two decades or more, computer gaming frameworks have risen substantially, with more people relaxing to play their best games on their personal computers or some public computer facility.
However, most times, people can only play certain games on their computers if such things as their computer motherboard standards have met the game requirement demands.
In recent times, the i7 8700k stands among the most significant processing unit for computer gaming. The processor was specifically developed for gaming activities.
However, its functioning capacity also depends largely on the motherboard type and inbuilt specifications. Note that gaming activities on the computer usually pose heavy demands on the motherboard, hence the need for a well-suited provision for these activities.
Below is a list description of some of the best motherboard for i7 8700k, and, consequently, all of the heavy activities that are most likely to be carried out on them.
Best motherboard For i7 8700k – Our Picks 👌
1. ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero Z370 LGA1151
The ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero motherboard comes with apt compactness and high power function, which is just what you need for your i7 8700k.
This is because it works fine on the processor, with almost zero chance of possible hitches. Active users and specs analysts have mentioned the possibilities of successfully running the motherboard to work with virtually all Intel 8-generation core processors. This shows the unrelenting relevance of this product as far as contemporary computer gaming protocols are concerned.
As an improvement over the ASUS Z270 model, this Z370 motherboard comes with more exciting features such as the ingenious nifty integrated I/O shield and the large heat sink connected to one of the M.2 port attachments.
These function-aiding additions make the user find so much relevance for this product, especially compared to others in its grade.
Some other attractive features and functions of the product include the CMOS buttons, an LED POST code display, overlooking and testing functional modules, a USB bios flashback, and several other important features.
Now, all of these and more speaks volume to computer and game lovers. A motherboard product with all these qualities could just be the solution to all the issues you’ve had.
- This motherboard model is impressively packed up with exciting additional useful features.
- Users are guaranteed the best hitch-free heavy use function, as the motherboard performs optimally on its functions.
- The ASUS Z370 model is comparatively cheaper than other motherboard products in its category. It has almost the same price as the Z270 version of the product.
- It is compatible with a wide range of available generation 8 Intel processors.
- The product comes with a reasonable amount of fan header provisions
- No Wi-Fi standard is added to the motherboard
2. Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 Motherboard
This top-notch motherboard product comes with mind-blowing features that set users on a gaming adventure like no other.
Due to its inbuilt features and consequent level of usefulness, the Gigabyte™ company has garnered many commendations since the product hit the market.
The Aorus has been described as the perfect motherboard option for gaming enthusiasts and the best facilitator to help you hone your skills on that game of interest.
One thing to note when using the motherboard is that all its functions have been designed to produce the best output.
The motherboard is built with an entirely digital CPU power design, facilitating the delivery of the best power service to the product’s defined most demanding component units.
Note that when building a gaming rig, the user should ideally be able to customize the RGB lighting and play with a VR-ready motherboard.
All of these come easy on the Gigabyte Aorus, emphasizing its purpose as the gaming enthusiast’s ideal motherboard. Your i7 8700k processor thinks you’ve made the right choice if you’ve adopted this model for use.
Now, one other vintage feature of the product is its high GPU compatibility; hence, it connects well with Crossfire and the SLI technology.
- The aesthetic dispositions of the Gigabyte Z370 Aorus are remarkably impressive and are generally appealing to most users.
- The audio quality is enhanced, courtesy of the product’s Aorus’ AMP-UP audio provision.
- The motherboard supports Crossfire and SLI input modules.
- The product’s customizable RGB lighting is considered a plus for users.
- The motherboard displays top-notch overclocking tendencies.
- The efficiency of the motherboard may sometimes depend on whether it is overclocked. When poorly overclocked, the product may display reduced efficiency.
- The Gigabyte Z370 Aorus is pretty expensive and is somewhat of a big investment for the gamer with moderate gaming interest.
3. MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC ATX Motherboard
This is another quality motherboard gaming product that has maintained relevance, as far as i7 8700k processor suitable motherboards are concerned.
Many enthusiasts rank it amongst the top ten, with the product still retaining its prospects of remaining in the top spots- at least for a while.
However, this is not surprising, especially the high-level ingenuity and proactiveness of the MSI company on the overall gaming motherboard production front.
The product is impressively durable, which is attributable to the manufacturer’s decision to provide the product with inbuilt military five components. As you’ll find in the Pro Carbon AC Z270 series, this Z370 motherboard has a similar 10-phase VRM and its corresponding heatsinks.
MSI Z370 Gaming Pro motherboard adopts the MSI manufacturer’s Mystic Light Utility, which allows for the customization of function color. This color customization is enabled via the motherboard’s RGB and LED modules.
- The added PCI-e slots allow users to conveniently engage in diverse activities, facilitating possible user activity expansion.
- The product has an impressively good overclocking tendency
- The customizable RGB lighting function is a plus for users.
- MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC is USB 3.1 generation 2 compatible.
- The product’s Wi-Fi card is removable, not integrated.
4. ASUS TUF Z370 – Best budget motherboard for i7 8700k
This is another top-grade i7 8700k compatible motherboard from the stables of ASUS USA. As you may expect, it comes with every touch of durability, quality, and high-performance traits.
Several notable features are sure to be the first thing to catch a prospective user’s attention. For instance, the audio setup quality is next to none, as the TUF Z370 Pro parades a real-tech ALC 8878 channel that corresponds well to high-quality audio codec output.
The audio system is arranged in left and right channel layers, which becomes pivotal for the following remarkable sound presentation. Hence, your gaming experience is optimized to the fullest, as you get every bit of the accompanying sounds and effects to grace your gaming actions.
Another important function that deserves some commendations is the product’s BIOS functioning framework. The BIOS system is the driving force between the organized automation of the motherboard fan and the system’s essential overclocking.
Other accompanying features on the ASUS TUF Z370 are an integrated M.2 in dual slots format, featured gigabit LAN, and Intel optane memory support for connectivity and transfer functions.
The USB 3.1 generation 2 type A facilitates speedy data transfer at about 10 gigabytes per second. Durability is also observed, as the product comes with high-quality military-grade components.
If you’re looking for that rugged motherboard with just everything required to run your i7 8700k well, then you may just stop the search and settle down for this product which is the best motherboard for i7 8700k in 2022 lists.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the ASUS TUF Z370 that earned it a spot in our list of Best motherboard For i7 8700k.
- The product is M.2 and USB 3.1 compatible, guaranteeing fast data transfer speeds from all ends.
- There is the FanXpert 4 core which serves as a protective infrastructure for the hardware.
- ASUS TUF Z370 Pro also comes with the important RGB lighting
- Considering its useful features and relevance level for gaming enthusiasts, the motherboard may be cheap.
- The ASUS TUF Z370 Pro has a comparatively poor overclocking tendency. Hence this may affect functions that rely on this ability.
- A lot of users think the XMP properties are largely unstable.
- The product has limited USB ports; six precisely, of which only two are now 3.1 Gen 2
5. EVGA Z370 – Best motherboard for i7 8700k under 250 $
EVGA’s Z370 series motherboard has performed substantially well with the i7 8700k processor. Consequently, it remains one of the most sorts after motherboards for gaming purposes.
One of its vintage qualities is its power supply unit- which is still among the best on the market. Asides from this, the product does well to come in a compact form, which points to its durability and ruggedness.
Most of its pronounced specifications are a six ports SATA addition, Intel gigabyte NIC, both of type A and C USB 3.1 ports, several M.2 inlets, a 7.1 channel audio, amongst others.
The product consolidates its function via the use of a digital VRM that is attached to an eleven-phase power structure. Although the EVGA Z370 FTW is not particularly endowed with some high-tech cooling systems and RGB lighting, it compensates for these with the additional energy by providing six pins PCI-e. This feature assists the card overclocking functions, especially in tons.
According to design, certain installations and features signify the manufacturer’s aim of making the motherboard well accessible to amateurs. The handy labels aid instant recognition of slots and ports attached to the M.2 interfaces.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The EVGA Z370 FTW that earned it a spot in our list of Best motherboard For i7 8700k.
- The motherboard is designed to contain ten functioning USB ports.
- Motherboard works well, with great output for a corresponding input
- Overclocking abilities are reasonably okay to accommodate the acting tendencies of most users.
- Has M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 compatibility features.
- A product does not come with RGB lighting. This is probably one of the biggest setbacks for the motherboard model.
- It has lesser use features when compared to that found on other motherboards.
6. ASRock Z370 Killer SLI Motherboard
If you’re looking for a low-performance i7 8700k compatible motherboard to push aside, it’s not the ASRock Z370 Killer SLI motherboard.
This product has just the required features for keeping the gaming enthusiast going with the vibe. Another good thing with the motherboard is that it has all of the essential features in one piece, yet at a price-friendly rate.
The product is one of the best, especially when it comes to loading up heavy activities all onto one motherboard. Its durability and high bearing capacity are impressive, although this does not mean that it may not have some shortcomings.
However, users and analysts have continued to give it a well-deserving high rating, and it truly is a motherboard worth the hype. Considering the features that make it remarkable, the ASRock Z370 motherboard has NVIDIA SLI supporting PCI-e slots and two other M.2 NVME PCI-e ports.
Commuting this product is its hyper DDR4 infrastructure that facilitates using different RAM speeds. Not many motherboards of its category would pull this stunt, giving this product a selling edge (if this is considered).
Note that the product’s PCI-e × 16 and M.2 NVME ports are not underneath the graphics card. The implication for your graphics card is that there are removed possibilities of heating issues- which could be inimical to its function.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The ASRock Z370 Killer SLI that earned it a spot in our list of Best motherboard For i7 8700k.
- The motherboard’s function is top-notch and can meet the standards and demands of gaming enthusiasts.
- It has reasonably good overclocking abilities.
- A product has M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 compatibility features
- It supports NVIDIA SLI, Crossfire X, Quad SLI etcetera
7. ASUS ROG Strix Z370 – Best motherboard for gaming i7 8700k
ASUS motherboard products would continue to top the markets because of their high ingenuity and high-end technology framework.
The ASUS ROG Strix Z370 has gained so much popularity on the E-Gaming scene, and you probably wouldn’t be finishing a review like this without mentioning the ASUS Strix. Many i7 8700k users think it is the best, as it allows almost every gaming activity.
Its qualities include customizable RGB lighting, software tweakable, four DDR4 RAM ports, and a function clock speed of about 4,000 MHz (OC).
Also, the model is believed to allow the best RGB customization overall. Full calibration and customization can be unlocked on the motherboard using a devised 5-way optimization roadmap.
As you would expect, a dual M.2 socket is attached, as well as the frontal panel USB 3.1 Gen 2 compatibility slots. Overclocking the system is one of the simplest things to perform, as you set the device to overclock and cool by only following a one-step click process.
Audio output on the product is facilitated by ROG supreme FXS1220 eight-channel definition codec and dual speaker amplifiers.
If you’re ready to do some real investment in a gaming motherboard- that guarantees one of the best results you can get from anywhere, then the ASUS Strix Z370 may be the right way to go.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the ASUS ROG Strix Z370 that earned it a spot in our list of Best motherboard For i7 8700k.
- Guarantees optimum results for all types of engaging activities.
- The product allows a wide range of RGB lighting customization, allowing users to diversify their gaming tastes.
- The motherboard comes with excellent inbuilt cooling that is next to none
- Has M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 compatibility features
- The product is very expensive, and only a real gaming enthusiast may go on to invest.
Best Motherboard For i7 8700k: How To Choose
The basic reason you should be selectively careful when choosing an i7 8700k compatible motherboard is that it has a lot to do with what activities you can carry out.
In essence, it is a major determinant of what becomes of your computer and how much the computer can do for you. Now, although this is largely true, it also can be so much of a task- when trying to pick the right one.
Firstly, note that the best compatible motherboard chipset for the i7 8700k at this time is the Z370 series of product brands. Although they are mostly expensive, an investment must be made to create that high-end computer infrastructure.
Different motherboards come with slight or huge differences between models and brands. Since this is the case, find out all the best motherboards (as we’ve listed some), then decide which ones have the features that most suit your type of activities.
This aims to streamline options, so you’re not left to find a suitable motherboard from the huge lists of options. Doing this may ultimately make a little wrong decision on your best option.
After these, pick out the options that have the most important features that attract you. At this stage, you may need to compromise on other features that are not so important for your type of activity.
Know that almost every available motherboard product has its own best traits and traits that could need improvement. This means that in the end, you only choose the product with the best feature that applies to your activities but may not be so great in other features.
If this is the case, then it means that individuals would most likely hold onto different products since what is considered the most valuable feature to one user, maybe the least important to the other.
Hence, what determines the type of motherboard that you should buy, could primarily be the following:-
While Mr. A may readily want to invest 3000 bucks for a gaming motherboard, Mr. B may think this is too much on the high side- and cannot make such a buy.
Now, the difference between users is the amount they have and are willing to spend on the product. Decide on how much you’re having and willing to spend on a motherboard, then look for the best products within that range.
Although it is easier to think that the high-priced motherboards would be more efficient and valuable than the lower-priced ones, this does not always follow.
Hence, several comparatively cheaper motherboards yet have very impressive top-notch functions.
However, if you’re not careful to find out, you may spend more money on buying a supposed better model, when you could have spent less on another- with almost the same features and only a little difference.
Ability to perform overclock:-
Fundamentally, a gaming motherboard should be able to perform overclocking. However, some motherboards are limited in overclocking abilities but would still pass well as a gaming motherboard.
Consequently, you need to decide what motherboard and overclocking abilities you need for your type of game. If you buy below the standard, then you end up having issues when you play those games.
Since motherboards are designed differently, you should expect them to appear differently. If you’re concerned about how your computer lights up and shows other visuals, you should be concerned about such a feature as the RGB lighting on your intended motherboard.
Again, some users say to make decisions based on other preferences that they’re able to sacrifice or on possible financial explanations that may attach to it.
Although there are a few other factors that could influence an intending user’s decision, other things to look out for before making the buy include the following:
- Types and number of motherboard slots and ports such as the USB 3.1 Gen 2, and the M. 2 slots. Some motherboards may have up to ten combinations of both slots, while others may have a lesser number—for example, the ASUS TUF Z370 Pro Gaming.
- RAM compatibility and number of RAM slots present on the motherboard. You would find motherboards that come with multiple RAM slots, and while this may be appealing, don’t forget to check other features and make an aptly comprehensive decision.
- The motherboard’s presenting sizes usually come in three sizes- ATX, micro ATX, and mini ITX.
What you need to know about overclocking your i7 8700k processor
Many times, computer and electronic gadgets users see the need to make their devices work faster for increased output generation.
However, although we can do this, the manufacturer had already set a lower function rate at which the computer works best. At this manufacturer’s pre-set point, the temperature is still normal- with no adverse effects being brewed against the overall functioning system.
When you overclock your computer, you make the processor process and carry out your activities faster and with increased output levels. This automatically affects temperature stability and could adversely affect the processing unit and the computer.
From time to time, gaming activities are pivotal to overclocking your computer processor- depending on the weight of the activity being carried out.
This is why your adopted motherboard should have a corresponding framework for cushioning off the negative effects of the overclock. For some motherboard products, the BIOS module automates and effects cooling down activities.
The “Z” motherboard chipset explained.
As earlier mentioned, only the overclockable Z370 range of motherboard products are useful for heavy gaming practices on your i7 8700k.
When looking for an overclock-able motherboard, check if the product has a “Z” before the number.
Although there are other overclocking chipsets, note that their abilities do not match well with the requirements of the i7 8700k.
The i7 8700k would continue to hold to its high gaming productivity tendencies for gaming enthusiasts. However, remember that how much satisfaction you can derive from its use is directly proportional to the motherboard type you’ve chosen.