Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Pens For Note Taking to buy in 2020? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 🙂
Even if we can’t ignore the fact that a lot of people now resort to the use of personal computers, IPADs and other technological devices in taking notes at different avenues and forum, yet we also still have countless number of individuals that can’t look beyond the good old method of taking notes, i.e. using a pen and paper.
While a lot of people would argue that the new methods of taking notes are preferable and the way forward heading into the future, we still can’t rule out the importance of using a pen on paper.
As a matter of fact, some people would never get tired of this method no matter what, and they consider it to be the best no matter what anyone says.
Now, we admit that writing on a PC or IPAD and the likes have major advantages like being faster (and this is even debatable), being able to keep your writings perpetually, allowing you to share notes with friends without having to let go of your own, among others, but we are still of the opinion that taking notes through the use of pens also come with a lot of advantages for individuals who use this medium.
At the time of our research on “Best Pens For Note Taking”, we found a video about “10 Signs You’re Way More Intelligent Than You Realize” which is too good to watch.
One of such advantage is simplicity. Taking notes with a pen makes everything simple as all you need to do is just get your writing pen and paper and start writing.
There is no formatting, no complication, no risk of cutting out vital words, no risk of deleting by mistake, and there is also the risk of simply jumping to the next line and complete your note later should you miss a line, especially when dealing with a very fast processor.
Another advantage is the fact that you can easily jot and scribble notes down by the side of your notes when using a pen and paper, something that would be hard to do with your electronic devices.
These notes you jot and scribble by the side usually helps in aiding understanding and assimilation, which is the main reason for taking notes in the first place.
One major advantage that comes with taking notes with a pen is that it is the best option in terms of drawing and also labeling diagrams. Now, these are essential aspects of learning, and it is one of the reasons why taking notes with a pen will never go away.
Here is The List Of Best Pens For Note Taking To Buy in 2020
There are a thousand and one brands out there that manufacture pens for taking notes which you would have to navigate to get the right one for you. We have to be frank with you and admit not all of these products are good.
Some of them would not serve you well at all and would make the job of taking notes a lot harder for you. To avoid this, you have to pick a pen that is tested and trusted, and would ordinarily make the task of taking notes a lot easier.
Now, we have done a lot of research and we have come up with the best options available in the market if you are looking for the perfect pens for taking notes in college, work, training, or at your various symposiums.
The pens we have chosen are compatible for you regardless of your age range, and we have also considered factors such as price and value for money in order to ensure you get the right fit for the money you are spending o getting whichever product you are going for. Check out our picks below.
1. iBayam Journal Planner Colored Pens
The iBayam Journal Planner Colored Pens are one of the best and most talked about pens that are available in the market. This pen is highly rated and offers multipurpose uses.
The first thing you should know is that this pen comes in 18 different colors which makes it an ideal option for people who love to change from one color to another at various points.
Also, the availability of various colors means you can easily take better and more comprehensible notes since you would be taking the real notes with one color and probably jotting and scribbling the points with another color.
This pen offers more than just note-taking purposes as it can also be used for journaling, drawing, sketching, coloring and a lot more purposes.
The pens are designed to be slim, compact and lightweight which makes them very comfortable for taking notes. You wouldn’t have to apply a lot of pressure in order to write as well since this pen is designed to work perfectly even with the faintest touch.
Also, the ink that comes with this pen is water-based and it can also be used along with stencils. To get this pen, you would only part with a paltry $9.
- The pen is designed to be slim, compact, lightweight and smooth which makes it very effective for note-taking purposes.
- The pen offers multipurpose uses as it can be also used for journaling, drawing, sketching and other purposes.
- The pen comes in 18 different colors out of which you can make different choices.
- The ink in the pen is water-based.
2. Pilot G2 Premium Refillable and Rolling Ball Gel Pens
The Pilot brand has been one of the most trusted names when it comes to making a pen in America for the past 100 years and this pen is one of their best, which should tell you everything you need to know about the quality of this pen.
At a price of about $20, this pen is not one of the cheapest options out there, but it posses all the features that justify the price tag.
This pen comes in different colors which would allow you go with the color you desire each time, but that is not all in terms of versatility and option, as the barrels also come in different materials such as rubber, metallic, wood, and many more.
For many years, this pen has been regarded as the longest written pen available in the market, and this means you wouldn’t have to invest in another set of writing pens soon after buying this.
Another thing you need to know is that this pen guarantees comfort for you as it comes with a very comfortable grip that would make writing quite easy. This pen is retractable, refillable, and erasable which gives you all the necessary options you need to make your writing experience easy and fun.
- This pen is lightweight and comes with very smooth points for easy writing.
- Its writing is erasable.
- It lasts quite long (the best in the market).
- This pen is retractable and refillable.
- The pen comes in various colors.
- It comes in comfortable grips.
3. Aen Art 36 Colors Journal Planner Pens
The Aen Art 36 Color Journal Planner is another top-quality note-taking pen you should definitely check out. This one comes with an impressive 36 colors at just a modest price of $8.39 which makes it such a good option in terms of value for money.
The pens come in a slim and lightweight rubber handle which makes it very comfortable to use. This pen also comes with water-based ink, and this ink would not bleed through your writing materials when you use it for any of your desired needs.
Not just that, it also offers multipurpose use as it can be used for journaling, drawing, coloring as well as writing and other various purposes. The fine tips of this pen are delicate and smooth, and all you need do is to just apply the faintest of touches to take your notes without any fuss or pressure.
This pen also comes with the quick-drying feature, which means, your writings would draw almost instantaneously and you wouldn’t have the issue of stains on your notes.
In one of the most impressive features you would see in modern pens, you should know that this pen is waterproof and it also allows the use of stencils.
- This pen offers multipurpose uses including drawing, journaling, coloring, etc.
- The pen is lightweight which makes it easy to use.
- The fine tip is very smooth, which makes the process of taking notes quite easy.
- With this pen, you would get up to 36 different colors which would allow you to choose between different colors and takes more comprehensible notes.
- After writing, the ink of this pen dries off quickly which means you don’t have to worry about stains on your notebook.
- This pen doesn’t require you to add a lot of pressure before writing, and it also comes with a rubber grip which makes writing a lot comfortable and devoid of pain which makes it put in our Best Pens For Note Taking 2020 list.
4. Crayola Take Note Medium Point Washable Gel Pens Set
The Crayola Take Medium Point Washable Set of Gel Pens remains one of the most impressive note-taking pens out there in the current market.
This pen is suitable for nearly everyone regardless of age and gender. The pack contains 14 pens of different colors which means you can easily play with colors while writing and taking notes.
At a price of just about $8, this collection of pen represents one of the best options available in the market in terms of value for money. Another thing you should know about these gel pens is that they are washable and water-resistant.
Also, these pens come with very beautiful, slim and comfortable rubber grips which makes notes taking very easy without any pain or discomfort.
These pens are clickable, which makes them a bit more interesting, and they also serve various uses aside taking notes, like drawing, journaling, coloring, etc.
- These pens come with slim and comfortable rubber grips which make them very easy to use without any discomfort.
- The pens are clickable.
- The pens can be used for other purposes aside by taking notes.
- The pack contains 14 pens of different colors.
- These pens are washable and water-resistant.
At the time of our research on “Best Pens For Note Taking”, we found a video about “Scientifically Proven Best Ways to Study” which is too good to watch.
5. Taotree 24 Fineliner Colored Pens Set
The Taotree 24 Fineliner Colored Pens Set is another option we are happy to recommend to our readers. The total package contains a total of 24 pens, each of different colors and it comes in at a total cost of just about $9, which makes it a very generous offer.
Each of these pens comes with a 0.4mm fine tip point that helps in creating the finest form of handwritten notes. The fine tips are made from fiber and they are known to be very durable.
With this pen, you only need to apply minimum pressure when writing as the fine tips are very smooth, sharp and very effective. You should also know that each of this pen come with the rubber grip which makes them very comfortable to hold while writing.
They also do not bleed and dry off easily after use. Another thing you must know is that these pens offer multipurpose services, as they can also be used for journaling, drawing, coloring and sketching aside from taking notes.
- The total package contains 24 pens of different colors.
- Each of these pens comes with a 0.4mm fine tip which helps in creating smooth and fine writing.
- The pen comes with a rubber grip which makes it very comfortable to hold and use, even for a long period of time.
- These pens offer more than one purpose as it can also be used for journaling, drawing and other purposes.
- This pen comes with water-based inks and it comes with minimal or no bleeding.
6. SkyRainbow 24 Colored Pens
The SkyRainbow 24 Colored Pens is a very effective note taking a pen that would leave you truly satisfied after every use. This pen comes in a pack of 24 pens all of the different colors.
It comes with a 0.44mm fine tip point that would aid you in taking the most legible notes comfortably. It comes with a slim and lightweight rubber grip which is very comfortable when held, and it is also doesn’t bleed.
At a price of around $6 (the full pack), this pen is quite affordable and it represents good value for money. With the smart, smooth and firm fine tip point, you would be able to take notes effortlessly without applying any form of pressure.
The ink in this pen is toxic-free and it dries off very quickly after writing. You should also know that the ink does last a long time, and the pen is durable.
With up to 24 colors to choose from, there is a lot of options for you should you choose to mix colors when writing, and this would add a certain degree of detail and comprehension to your notes. Also, this pen offers multipurpose use, as you can use it to do a lot more apart from taking notes.
- The pen comes with a 0.4mm fine tip point which helps in taking very legible and fine notes.
- The whole package comes with up to 24 pens of different colors which allow you to choose and change colors as you desire.
- The pen offers multipurpose uses.
- The pen’s ink dries off quickly after writing.
- The pen comes with a slim and lightweight rubber grip that makes it comfortable to hold.
- It doesn’t bleed and the ink is water based.
7. Zebra Mildliner 15 Color Set
Are you looking at a top end product with innovative and impressive features regardless of price? then, the Zebra Mildliner 15 Color Set could be a very good option for you.
This product comes with a very beautiful and solid design and it offers some new and exciting features that would make note-taking a lot of fun and easier.
Just like every top option available out there, this pen comes with a fine tip point that makes note-taking easy and effective, but unlike many other pens, it doesn’t just stop there.
This pen comes with a chisel tip for highlighting. With this chisel tip, you can easily highlight, underline, or color different aspects of your notes that you deem important.
You can also use this feature to scribble or jot things on top of or beside your notes. Without a doubt, this feature would help you a lot in note-taking and more importantly, comprehending the notes you have taken when you want to read later since you would have highlighted what is important.
The whole package contains 15 pens of different colors all of which you can choose from to create appealing notes. There is also a bullet journaling pen that comes with 6 different inks that would be useful in creating a very good journal.
These pens are durable, and each of these 15 pens comes in a rubber grip which makes them very comfortable to use.
- The whole package includes 15 pens of different colors and a double edge highlighter.
- This pen is durable as it is made with quality materials.
- You don’t need to apply much pressure when writing like the fine top tip is very effective.
- The pen can be used for journaling and scribbling aside note taking.
- The ink dries off very quickly after writing.
8. BIC Gel-ocity Quick Dry Retractable Gel Pen
When it comes to notes taking pens, only a few brands could compete with the ‘BIC’ name in the current market. They have been there for quite some time and they still remain very relevant due to the quality of the products they bring to the market.
The BIC Gel-ocity Quick Dry Retractable Gel Pen is another product from the BIC brand which represents every good thing about the brand. The whole package contains 8 pens of different colors from which you can choose from or use it together for notes taking.
Just like most BIC products, this pen offers great value for money as the whole package comes in at $9. The pen comes with a 0.7mm medium point which is designed to be smooth and effective to help you in taking your notes effortlessly.
This pen dries very fast after writing and it leaves no room for leaking. In fact, it is one of the best options in the market in terms of quick dryness after writing and this makes sure there won’t be any stains on your writing pads.
The grip is made from rubber, and it is designed to be comfortable, lightweight and durable. Also, this pen comes with a retractable design which makes it very fun to click the tip in and out.
Lastly, you should know that this pen is useful for other purposes aside note-taking, as it can be used for scribbling, drawing, journaling and other purposes.
- The grip is lightweight, and it is made from rubber which makes it very comfortable for note-taking.
- The whole package contains a total of 8 pens, all with different colors.
- It comes with a 0.7mm medium point which helps in creating very legible and smooth notes.
- The pen comes with a very powerful ink dryness feature that ensures all writing dries off almost instantly.
- The pen can be used for other purposes aside note taking like journaling, drawing, etc.
At the time of our research on “Best Pens For Note Taking to buy in 2020”, we found a video about “How to take efficient and neat notes – 10 note taking tips” which is too good to watch.
Since taking notes are pertinent for learning and training at different levels, it is important to always go for the right tools that would help in undertaking this task.
It is known that getting the best tools would always make any job or task a lot easier, and the different pens we have highlighted above would no doubt go a long way in making the process of note-taking a lot easier and comfortable for you.
You should also know that all of the products chosen in this article are picked independently without any bias and favoritism, and we assure you that they would definitely help you in the process of taking notes should you invest in any of them.