Do you have the curiosity to know about the best projector under 300 USD to buy in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 🙂
So you want to give yourself some personal cinema experience with a great projector all set up, viewing what you want to watch at that time, but first, you have to get yourself a projector that falls within your $300 budget.
Projectors are generally expensive whether you are using them for presentations, for home usage, for educational purposes or for business, you have to make sure that you buy the right ones and make the best use of every cent of the dollar you spend on one.
Luckily, this list of best projectors has put together the top 9 ones you can buy with your budget, have considered the important features and specs to give you good quality viewing when you decide to use one.
And you don’t have to bother about understanding the technicalities and buying guides and necessary questions to ask are included further below in this review.
Here is The List of Best Projector Under 300 $ in 2019
1. ViewSonic PA503S 3600
This ViewSonic PA503S 3600 projector will make you grateful you decided to spend that $300 that you did in purchasing it because the projector packs different amazing features from bright picture projected to good quality speakers all while being energy efficient.
There is no wonder why it performs so well considering it is from a known brand that has some experience in manufacturing projectors.
- It has ports to connect devices that work with HDMI, VGA, RGB, AUX, S video or mini USB
- the projected picture quality has 3300 Lumens brightness
- sound quality range of speakers is from 20Hz to 20 KHz
- it has a 3-years limited warranty and a 1-year warranty for the lamp.
- DLP projector
- It supports 1080p, and 1080i video formats.
- It weighs 4.6 pounds
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The ViewSonic PA503S 3600.
- It falls within the budget
- The brightness quality is impressive
- It has different options for connectivity
- It has an energy saving property
- It can project to a screen size of 2017 inches
- The inbuilt speaker has a soft volume
- There has been an occasional complaint of overheating.
2. RIF6 CUBE Full LED Mini Projector
This RIF6 Cube mini projector is a great accessory when you expect to be moving around a lot because it was made to be travel-compatible; with a tripod stand, small size and its light weight it will be very little trouble trying to carry it around.
This mini projector, however, will perform better when used for solo viewing rather than for group viewing because of its speaker quality.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- It costs $194.99 to get one
- The projector weighs 0.3 pounds
- It comes with a tripod in the pack
- The picture brightness quality is 50 Lumens
- Projected image resolution is 854 by 450 pixels
- It is a DLP projector
- It has an RGB LED light on its
- It has an inbuilt 1-watt speaker
- It supports HDMI/HML ports and MicroSD cards
- It can be used while charging via the USB port
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The RIF6 CUBE Full LED Mini Projector.
- The projector is cheap and well within the $300 budget
- It is great for traveling with the weight and the tripod
- The battery runtime is average, good enough for short presentations and/or movie
- The aluminum material used for the outer covering makes it durable
- The lamp has a 20000 lifespan
- Low image brightness
- Low volume speakers
- It doesn’t offer so many options for connectivity
Note:- this projector is not going to give bright pictures nor loud sounds enough to use in a bright place or to enjoy as a group, therefore it is better used alone and in a dark room for better performance.
3. EUG 2018 Bluetooth WiFi LCD Projector
If what you need is a projector that doesn’t only project images in one direction, one where you get to choose from between the front, back and ceiling projections then the EUG wireless home cinema projector is the perfect option for you not to mention that it is well within your budget which makes it to perfectly fit in our best projector under 300 $ 2019 list.
This projector is preferred not just in its direction for projection but also in its ability to support different connectivity options.
- It has an inbuilt 4.4 Android system
- It supports WiFi connection, HDMI, 2 USB connection ports and MHL connection.
- It has an LED light source with a lifespan of 50000 hours
- Power consumption is at 1kw per hour
- It has an image brightness of 2600 Lumens
- Image quality resolution is 1920 by 1200 maximum
- It has dual 5-watt speakers
- It has a remote controller
- It comes with a year warranty from EUG
- It weighs 6.6 pounds
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The EUG 2018 Bluetooth WiFi LCD Projector.
- You have options on what directions to project your image to
- It is energy efficient and will not consume too much power
- High brightness for good imagery and visibility
- It supports a high image quality
- You can easily and conveniently use it with your mobile device, whether Android or iPhone
- It can project from a long distance
- There has been complained of it being a little loud during usage
Note:- this projector offers options and versatility which makes it a convenient choice as well as its good image quality for the price.
4. Optoma S341 3D DLP Projector
The Optoma S341 projector is ideal for presentation purposes because of its good image quality as well as contrasts making it easy to see and read whatever image is projected including texts.
This projector appeals more to the market for educational purposes but is not restricted as it can be used for a much-desired home cinema experience as well.
- A contrast ratio of the projector is 22000:1
- The image resolution of 800 by 600
- The aspect ratio of an image projected is 4:3
- Image brightness quality is at 3500Lumens
- It can project for screen sizes of up to 300 inches
- The lamp lifespan on maximum brightness level is 5000 hours
- The projector supports HDMI, VGA and USB connectivity
- It has a remote controller
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Optoma S341 3D DLP Projector.
- The high contrast for this projector makes it perfect for use in educational and corporate environments.
- Image projectors provide easy reading of texts displayed
- Brightness is suitable to be used even in bright rooms
- You can project on a very large screen which is a plus especially in a group viewing
- You can project from a good distance
- The aspect ratio is just perfect for power point documents
- Image resolution becomes inadequate if you intend to use it for movies
- The aspect ratio of 4:3 is fit for presentations and not movies
Note:- from the specs, there is every indication that this projector was built for presentations and not for movies and as such performs exceptionally for that while it performs inadequately for movies.
Therefore, to enjoy this projector it is preferable to use it mostly for presentations that are the main reason to put this projector in our best projector under 300 $ 2019 list.
5. ViewSonic PA503S
The ViewSonic PA503S projector ranks very high on projectors within the $300 budget because it performs very well for presentations and movies as well making it versatile in usage rather than for just one sect of user market.
With high brightness and a high contrast ratio, this projector is one to love.
- The ViewSonic PA503S has a 3-years warranty
- Projected image brightness of 3600 Lumens
- The contrast ratio of projection is 22000:1
- It has an aspect ratio of 4:3
- It supports varying video modes of up to 1080p and 1080i
- On maximum brightness, the lamp has a lifespan of 4500 hours and 15000 hours on minimum brightness
- DLP display
- It supports VGA output and input, HDMI 1.4, Composite RCA, a USB and audio out connections.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The ViewSonic PA503S.
- It can be used for both presentations and for movie viewing
- It works very well for high-quality video
- The LED lamp has a long maximum lifespan
- It is user-friendly
- Supports a good range of connectivity
- Good color projection
- It supports a good range of video quality
- The contrast ratio and aspect ratio makes it easy to view texts clearly when projected
- The lens gets dirty often
Notes:- when using this projector, it only takes a short while to realize that it is well worth the money spent, however for longevity you may consider using economical lamp brightness every once in a while and cleaning the lens.
6. BenQ MS524AE
The BenQ MS524AE projector is a great deal for a $300 budget providing the right specs to give a great presentation as well as allow you to enjoy a good movie on this projector.
What this projector has that others do not is that you do not have to connect only one device to the projector at a time whether via HDMI or via the VGA port, it offers a dual option for both of them.
- Can support a projection of up to 1080p video quality
- It has an aspect ratio of 4:3
- Consumes low power
- It gives off little heat from its usage
- The contrast ratio is 15000:1
- It has an image brightness quality of 3300 lumens
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The BenQ MS524AE.
- It is easy to set up
- The projector is affordable and within the $300 budget
- You can connect two devices at a time using the HDMI and VGA ports
- The projected image is bright enough to be used in daytime and bright spaces
- It can display high video quality of up to 1080p
- It has a sustainable energy consumption rate
- The speakers are not very good
Note:- with this projector, you could consider connecting an external speaker to get better quality movie time.
7. iXunGo P1 Mini Projector
This mini projector is said by many to have a lot to offer for its price and size, it is great for anyone looking for a projector that doesn’t take up much space and one that can easily be moved around when going for a weekend trip or the sorts.
However, be warned that since it is a mini projector you might not get the kind of top features that some others in this list offers, like the brightness.
- it has a 4500 mAh battery with a run time of two hours
- it weighs 0.51lbs
- manual wheel for focus setup
- contains an HDMI port, TF card slot, a USB type-A port hence supporting those types of connections.
- It contains a remote controller
- 30000 hours lamp lifespan
- The image resolution of 854 by 480 pixels
- Lamp brightness is 100 lumens
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The iXunGo P1 Mini Projector.
- It is compact and travel-friendly
- You can easily carry it around because of the weight
- It is affordable
- It supports 1080p video signals
- It is good for movie watching
- It has a good battery life when on a full charge
- There have been complaints of the remote not working
- The manual focus setting can be frustrating
- May not be suitable to use in a bright room
Note:- Once you can get past setting up the focus and everything else, you can have a good time watching a movie on this projector as the good image quality and runtime are suitable for that purpose.
8. Epson VS250
This projector can display for up to a very large screen and from a distance with high image quality and accuracy of color, there is no wonder this projector is a favorite among many and also rated as one of the best in its price range.
- It uses a 3LCD display technology
- Image brightness quality is at 3200 lumens
- Can project to a screen of up to 350 inches
- The image resolution of 800 by 600 pixels
- It has a ring for adjustment of zoom and focus
- It supports HDMI connections
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Epson VS250.
- The projector just fits right under the $300 budget
- The HDMI port will work with most modern devices
- Can be used for both presentations and for videos and gaming
- It is easy to set up and understand
- Image display has an accuracy of color as well as good focus.
- You can use it in bright rooms because of the high lumen rating
- Don’t expect to walk away with some extra money when you purchase as it has a price very close to $300
- Does not support WiFi without an external module
Note:- this Epson projector is a favorite among many and the ability to view images straight out of a flash drive makes it ideal for presentation.
9. ViewSonic M1 Portable Projector
This is a mini projector from the reputable ViewSonic brand, and the performance of this mini projector shows just how much experience and expertise ViewSonic has when it comes to making projectors that get the job done right.
- Contrast ratio of120000:1
- Maximum lamp lifespan of 30000 hours
- It supports an 854 by 480 negative image resolution
- The accuracy of a color display
- The battery runtime of 6 hours
- Compatible for connections with HDMI, type C USB cords, MicroSD cards and can display directly from a USB connection
- Dual speakers of 3 watts each
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The ViewSonic M1 Portable Projector.
- It is a mini projector hence travel-friendly
- It is travel-friendly by weighing lightly and being compact
- The battery runtime is commendable
- It gives off a bright display
- It is ideal for both presentations and video viewing
- It comes with a 3 years warranty
- It has two inbuilt speakers
- The speakers are not very strong
Note:- when you use this mini speaker it offers a lot of convenience on being easy to carry around as well as compatibility as you can play contents directly from a USB port. Making it ideal to use with phones and tablets.
What To Look Out For When Buying The Best Projector Under 300 $ in 2019
Some people end up with a projector that does not really serve their needs just because they didn’t know the right thing to look out for when buying projectors.
There are a lot of them out there, some from familiar brands and some from not so familiar brands but the major things to look out for when buying projectors will be the specs to know if it will serve your intended purpose.
There may be instances of using the projector on battery power especially if it is one that you intend to move around with. In this kind of cases, the battery runtime of the projector ought to be checked and put into consideration also depending on the usage.
For instance, a battery runtime of 1 hour can be adequate for presentation purposes but for viewing a movie and playing video games you will begin to demand from 2 hours and more.
the brightness of a projector is represented in Lumens and the amount needed will be dependent on the intended use of the projector. For instance, to be used in a bright place and for viewing videos you may need a minimum 1000 lumens an up to 3000 lumens depending on the quality of the space.
From brighter spaces to darker spaces, high volume spaces, you may need to determine the existing brightness of the room in which it will be used and if you can adjust the brightness of the room beforehand.
An image displayed needs varying degrees of contrast for clarity. If the image to be displayed are going to be mostly large images and to a limited crowd, then you can settle for lower contrast ratios.
But imagine presenting something with texts to a room of people and nobody can make out what the texts read, ‘terrible right?’. That is why you may require higher contrast levels when dealing with texts which will be when a projector is used for presentation purposes.
Most projectors in this list have high contrast ration, making them perform exceptionally when used for presentation purposes, however, if a projector is intended to be used for videos you may not require high contrast ratio.
The Aspect ratio:-
the aspect ratio refers to the ratio of length by a breath of the projected image. This becomes important because the aspect ratio of movies is different from that of powerpoint documents and that of video games and that of video from phone cameras and so on.
While movies and video games would demand a wider viewing, presentations would not and if a projector has an aspect ratio of 4:3 which is ideal for presentations, it may cut widescreen images short when used for movies.
The Lamp life:-
the lamp life of a projector refers to how long the lamp on the projector can stay before it needs a replacement. Mostly this will depend largely on your usage, i.e. whether you plan to be using it on full brightness all the time or on an economical lower brightness.
With a $300 budget for a projector, you may not want to be replacing a lamp for $200, therefore you may opt for ones with longer lamp lives.
However, with purposeful sustainable usage, you may be able to extend your lamp life, for example, using it for movies may not always demand a bright light.
you probably do not need anyone to explain the stress of having to control things on appliances manually, this means that the moment you have begun to get comfortable you may need to get up and fix something. This is not merely a question of inconvenience; it could also be one of possibility.
A ceiling mounted projector, for instance, will not be able to be adjusted easily if it is not remote controlled, imagine having to stop in the middle of a presentation to get a ladder to fix something just because the zoom is wrong. Also, watch out for how much you can control on provided remote controllers.
the color of images being projected is important to provide accuracy and richness of images to viewers, especially in color sensitive display.
For example, home videos, documentaries, movies, video games, and the likes will require high color accuracy so that viewers can differentiate from what is what that is being viewed.
if you need to travel around with your projector you will understand the benefit of it being compact as you do not want to rake up extra charges for your luggage just because of your projector.
However, even if you don’t plan to carry it around, who need a projector that requires you to build an extra furniture/stand. The more compact a projector, the easier it is to own and install and even hang in case it is ceiling mounted.
Questions to ask when buying projectors/ Types of projectors
Haven known the specs to bother about when you go to buy a projector, you have to know the right questions to ask yourself even before you know what specs to worry about.
What kind of environment will the projector be used?
Whether a projector will be used in the home or in an educational environment or in a classroom will help determine the kind of specs you can overlook and the ones you cannot do without.
A projector to be used at home means that you can get better control on the brightness of the room whereas one to be used in an office will require higher brightness as it will more likely be used in a bright room.
Is it going to be a stationary appliance or one to travel with?
This one will help to determine whether a mini projector is what you need or a bigger sized one. Projectors that are intended to be stationary might not pay much attention to the size and weight as the ones that you intend to move around with.
What functions will the projector serve?
Perhaps this should be the most important of all whether a projector will be used for presentations alone or for watching movies, for video games, for outdoor uses and sorts.
Presentations require a higher contrast than ones for movies and movies require a higher video format compatibility. Also if you do not plan on connecting an external speaker, then the qualities of the inbuilt speakers will be one to pay attention to.
In conclusion, buying a projector can be easier when you have the right guide to see you through and with the suggestions in this best projector under 300 $ 2019 list, you will be well on your way to getting one of the best out there. Whether intended for movie viewing, for presentations, for multi-purpose or for traveling with, all you have to do is look out for the right features.