This is a complete buyer’s guide to Best Rowing Machine Under 500 $ in 2021. 🤴
Let me clear one thing:
We reviewed all the products mentioned in this buyer’s guide based on Maximum weight capacity, Levels of adjustable resistance, Comfortability, Durability, Brand credibility, Buyers’ reviews, and value of money.
So without further ado, Let’s dive right in. 🎭
Are you looking for a very good indoors exercise tool that would help you in maintaining good posture and attain all-round health and vitality? If yes, you might want to consider a rowing machine.
A rowing machine is a tool designed for indoor exercises for individuals who are looking to cut down on their weight level, while also training their lower body and upper body muscles.
These indoor machines are designed to mirror the rowing machines used in water sports and they can also be used to prepare for water rowing aside from being used as workout tools. Ideally, these machines are able to train the body muscles as a result of the continuous pulling involved in the activity.
As an athlete or fitness enthusiast, getting the perfect rowing machine could be quite cumbersome, especially if you are getting one for the first time. As such, you are advised not to panic buy and go through a buyer’s guide before committing to a purchase.
Fortunately, we have put together a list of the best rowing machines that are presently available in the market and we are quite sure this would come in very handy for you.
Our guide would furnish you with all the needed information required about the products, the price, salient features, and what makes each product stand out from the crowd.
We are quite convinced that, you don’t have to break the bank to get a quality rowing machine that would suit your needs and this is why we are limiting our picks to products that are under the price of $500.
What you should know is, all the products we featured on our list offer enough features to fulfill all your needs and they also offer great value for your investment, regardless of the budget you are working with.
After a thorough market analysis and research, we present to you the best rowing machines under $500 that you can get in the current market.
Best Rowing Machine Under 500 $: Our Top Picks
1. Sunny Health and Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine
The Sunny Health and Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine is a product that is designed to help athletes, fitness buffs, and enthusiasts to get in the right shape through indoor rowing.
This rowing machine comes with an ergonomically designed cushioned seat that offers a lot of comforts when working out and with this, you can be sure that there is no form of discomfort.
The rowing machine also comes with large pedals that are enhanced with safety straps, and this would ultimately mean your foot is in the right place at all times during the rowing and you won’t also run the risk of slipping with the non-slip design featured in the pedals.
This product also comes with an LCD monitor that makes it absolutely very easy to track your activities and progress. You can easily see the rate of your workout, the hours you have expanded, and track your whole rowing progress easily.
This rowing machine can be easily used by either seasoned rowers or new ones as it comes with a feature that allows you to easily vary your workout.
As such, you can increase or decrease the rowing resistances as you deem fit in a bid to get a real grip on your rowing. This rowing machine is built to accommodate a fair amount of weight as it comes with a maximum user weight of 250 lbs.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Sunny Magnetic Rowing Machine that earned it a spot in our list of Best Rowing Machine Under 500 $ to get in 2021.
- The adjustable rowing resistance feature makes this rowing machine a great fit for all kinds of rowers regardless of experience as the rowing machine can easily be adjusted to fit the current need which makes it perfectly fit in our best rowing machine under 500 $ list.
- The rowing machine features very comfortable handlebars that make rowing very comfortable and easy.
- The rowing machine’s pedal is large and offers anti-slip features that ensure the utmost safety during rowing.
- It is easy to track your activities and monitor your whole progress with this rowing machine as the LCD monitor makes sure of this.
- This rowing machine comes with transportation wheels that allow users to move it from one point to the other easily.
- At a price of about $218, this rowing machine is quite affordable and offers great value for money.
- Some of the parts like the handlebars and tension coil could be very fragile and tend to break easily.
- It could tend to generate a lot of noise in the long run.
2. EFITMENT Total Motion Rowing Machine
The EFITMENT Total Motion Rowing Machine provides the user with a total motion rowing experience that is reminiscent of water rowing sports.
This rowing machine comes highly rated and it gets a lot of positive users’ reviews on premium merchant sites, Amazon. It is sturdily built with heavy-duty steel construction and it is expected to last a very long time.
This product offers a lot of great innovation that makes it very useful for experts and entry levels. One of such innovations is the 12 levels of resistance it offers.
This feature would allow the users to perfectly customize the rowing experience to their taste. If you are looking for comfort, then, you would also get it with this rowing machine as it comes with ergonomic designs, including a large foot pedal, Velcro adjustable straps, and a padded seat that offers a lot of comforts.
All of these works together to provide a comfortable and smooth rowing atmosphere that would leave you completely satisfied.
Another thing you would get with this rowing machine is a digital monitor that makes it very easy to monitor and track all your activities and workouts. You can easily track your rowing time, levels of calories burnt, and even wash occasional rowing videos on the accompanied digital monitor.
With this rowing machine, you can be sure of a heavy-duty device that is capable of handling a lot of weight as it comes with a maximum user weight of 350 lbs.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the EFITMENT Total Motion Rowing Machine that earned it a spot in our list of Best Rowing Machine Under 500 $ to get in 2021.
- You can be sure of a comfortable and easy rowing experience when using this machine as it comes with ergonomic features designed to make the users feel at ease, safe, and comfortable.
- It allows for easy tracking and monitoring of your rowing progress and experiences.
- With a maximum user weight of 350 lbs, this rowing machine is built to accommodate even the heaviest body weights.
- At a price of just $124.22, this is a very affordable rowing machine and it offers great value for money.
- It comes with 12 levels of resistance which makes it very flexible and easy to use for all kinds of rowers.
- It offers total motion rowing, which is not common among other rowing machines.
- When rowing vigorously, the cylinder could become very hot and dissipate a lot of heat.
- There could be a massive increase in the noise level in the long run.
- The tech support from the manufacturer leaves a lot to be desired.
3. Stamina ATS Dynamic Air Rower
The Stamina ATS Dynamic Air Rower is another rowing machine that would most definitely aid you a lot in keeping fit and building your lower and upper body muscles.
This product from the Stamina brand comes in 3 colors from which you can make a choice and it comes at a price of $299. You can easily vary the rowing resistance of this rowing machine as you deem fit by either rowing hard or slow depending on what you wish to achieve at any time.
With the highly functional LCD digital monitor, it is quite easy to monitor your rowing progress and track your workout milestones as you would be able to get full access to all the necessary information on the colored LCD display.
The rowing machine also comes with an ergonomic design for comfort and a smooth rowing experience. You have a padded seat, sleek footplates, and a padded rowing handle that makes rowing quite easy, safe, and comfortable.
Overall, consistent use of this product will help in getting rid of excess weight from your body and also help in the building of stronger muscles in the lower and upper body parts of the user.
Another great thing to note is that this rowing machine is easy to assemble and it comes with a one-year parts warranty which all features make it perfectly fit in our best rowing machine under 500 $ list.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Stamina ATS Dynamic Air Rower that earned it a spot in our list of Best Rowing Machine Under 500 $ to get in 2021.
- This rowing machine is easy to assemble and operate.
- It is designed with ergonomic features that make rowing quite safe, comfortable, and easy.
- The LCD digital monitor allows you to easily monitor and track your rowing and workout progress.
- You can easily vary the rowing resistance of this air rower by rowing hard or slow depending on what you intend to achieve at the time.
- This rowing machine is compactly designed to fit into even the smallest spaces in your home.
- Some of the parts are very fragile and you may experience frequent snaps and breakages.
- At a price of $299, this rowing machine is fairly expensive.
- The padded seat is not that large and may not be suitable for people with large butts.
4. Goplus Magnetic Rowing Machine
When considering the price under review, the Goplus Magnetic Rowing Machine happens to be one of the best options you can get in the current market for your rowing needs.
This rowing machine comes with a magnetic tension system which also features 8 levels of adjustable resistance that makes it very desirable and easy to use for both experts and entry-level rowers.
It also comes with ergonomic designs that feature padded seats, large and non-slip pedals with straps, padded and non-slip handlebars, that ultimately give rise to safety, comfort, and a smooth rowing experience.
There is also the digital LCD display which allows the users to accurately monitor and track their rowing experiences and workout times.
The LCD display allows the rower to measure seemingly negligent but important details like rowing duration, count per minute, amount of calories burned, workout milestones, etc.
This rowing machine comes with a sturdy built which is expected to make it last a long time and it also comes with 6 built-in wheels that allow the user to move it from one place or point to another without hassle.
Another great thing about this rowing machine is that it can be used by the old and the young as well as the kids, as it is built to accommodate everyone.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Goplus Magnetic Rowing Machine that earned it a spot in our list of Best Rowing Machine Under 500 $ to get in 2021.
- This rowing machine is built to accommodate the old and the young as well as the kids.
- It comes with padded handlebars and seats, as well as large pedals with straps in a bid to provide to offer comfort and safety to the user when rowing.
- This rowing machine comes with up to 8 levels of adjustable resistance that makes it quite easy to use for both experts and entry-level rowers.
- With the digital LCD monitor, it is easy to keep track of your progress as an athlete and measure milestones.
- At a price of $219, this is a fairly affordable rowing machine and it offers great value for the investment.
- This rowing machine can only accommodate a maximum weight of 220 lbs in which is a turn-off for people of higher body weights.
- The padded seat is compact and not suitable for individuals with large butts.
At the time of our research on Best Rowing Machine Under 500 $, we found a video about “11 Gym Exercises Most People Are Doing Wrong” which is worth watching. 🤴🏆
5. Merax Magnetic Exercise Rowing Machine
The Merax Magnetic Exercise Rowing Machine is an option we are very confident to recommend to our readers as it comes with a lot of positive reviews from buyers and experts alike.
This rowing machine comes with a built-in magnetic flywheel that is designed to manage rowing noise by keeping it at the barest minimum while rowing. Users would also get a highly padded seat and pedal that is designed to make rowing a very comfortable experience.
You can also be sure of safety as the footplate comes with anti-slip features and straps that are designed to put your legs firmly on it during rowing.
This product comes with 8 levels of adjustable resistance that hands the total control of the rowing over to you.
You can decide to row at whatever intensity you desire, and this is also a feature that makes this rowing machine very attractive to entry-level rowers as they can easily learn the skill by moving from the lower to the higher intensity as they develop through the phase.
Just like it should be with every high-quality rowing machine, the Merax Magnetic Exercise Rowing Machine comes with a digital LCD monitor that allows growers to effectively track their rowing progress and workout milestones.
This product also comes with a built-in wheel that allows the user to move it from one point to another without a hassle and has a maximum weight capacity of 264 lbs.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Merax Magnetic Exercise Rowing Machine that earned it a spot in our list of Best Rowing Machine Under 500 $ to get in 2021.
- With the built-in wheels, this rowing machine can be easily moved from one place to another by the user.
- The magnetic flywheel feature in this rowing machine helps in managing rowing machines effectively by keeping it at the barest minimum
- This product is easy to assemble and set up.
- Users enjoy a high level of comfort while rowing as this rowing machine features a lot of ergonomic features designed for the purpose.
- This rowing machine offers a sturdy built and is expected to be very durable.
- With up to 8 levels of adjustable resistance, this rowing machine allows you to vary your rowing speed and intensity according to mood and expertise.
- The LCD monitor may not accurately track your rowing and exercise details as advertised.
- This is not recommended for someone with heavy body weight as it is built for mid-weight levels.
6. Tunturi R30 Cardio Fit Series Rower
The Tunturi R30 Cardio Fit Series Rower is another top-quality rowing machine that we would happily recommend to our readers who are looking for the perfect rowing machine under $500.
This product comes with a lot of innovative designs that stands it out from among many other options in the market. It comes with a very stylish design that makes it very attractive, yet durable and capable of withstanding the rowing pressures exerted on it for a long time.
With this product, users can easily choose from up to 8 resistance levels for their rowing and workout needs. If you are an expert, you can easily turn up the intensity to match your desires, and a novice could also make use of mid to low intensity, depending on the level of expertise.
The rowing machine also comes with a digital LCD monitor that allows the user to easily track and monitor the rowing and workout sessions. You are able to track activities like the number of strokes, the number of calories burned, strokes, distance covered, rowing milestones, etc.
You also get a padded seat and a two-way bearing function with this rowing machine. Another great feature is the adjustable seat distance that would allow for easy adjustment of the seat to accommodate the demands of different individuals.
This rowing machine is also foldable and can be easily stored, while you also get a two-year warranty on purchase which all things make it perfectly fit in our best rowing machine under 500 $ list.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Tunturi R30 Cardio Fit Series Rower that earned it a spot in our list of Best Rowing Machine Under 500 $ to get in 2021.
- This rowing machine comes with a two-way bearing function for enhanced performance.
- The padded seats are adjustable to meet the demands of various individuals of various heights.
- Users get up to 8 resistance levels to choose from, and this would allow for a variation of the rowing experience according to expertise and mood.
- This rowing machine is easily folded and stored which allows for easy movement from one place to another.
- It comes with a beautiful design which makes it quite pleasing to the eyes.
- With a two-year warranty, there is enough cover for your investment in case things didn’t go according to plans.
- At a price of around $343, the price of this rowing machine is quite on the high side.
- This rowing machine comes with a maximum weight of 242 lbs, and this would not make it suitable for individuals with heavier body weights.
7. Marcy Foldable 8-Level Magnetic Resistance Rowing Machine
The Marcy Foldable 8-Level Magnetic Resistance Rowing Machine is a quality product that anyone cannot afford to ignore.
This is an all-around rowing machine that lives up to its billings and does exactly what was promised. As a matter of fact, this product is highly recommended by premium merchant sites, Amazon, and the all-around buyers’ reviews are mostly positive.
This product combines style with innovation to produce the best effects at all times. The product features an ergonomic design that includes; padded seats, foam-covered handlebars, anti-slip handles, and strapped pedals which all work together to create a smooth, comfortable and safe rowing experience when putting to use.
For travelers or individuals who are always on the move, this rowing machine is perfect for you as it is foldable and easily stored for easy movement.
The process of keeping track of your rowing and workouts hasn’t been better with a high-end LCD digital display that helps in monitoring every activity and accurately tells you details like the number of calories burned, rowing time, total count, total time expended, etc.
When it comes to getting control of your rowing, this product doesn’t disappoint as it comes with 8 levels of resistance that allows you to control the intensity of your rows to suit your current demands.
This product also comes with built-in wheels for easy mobility and it also carries more weight than a lot of the rowing machines on this list as it comes with a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Marcy Foldable 8-Level Magnetic Resistance Rowing Machine that earned it a spot in our list of a Best Rowing Machine Under 500 $ to get in 2021.
- This rowing machine features an ergonomic design that offers great comfortability to the users.
- The LCD digital monitor functions perfectly and it accurately tracks rowing performances and workout milestones.
- It can accommodate a maximum weight of 300 lbs, which is great news for people who are looking for a product with better weight accommodation.
- This rowing machine can be foldable and it is quite easy to store and move along.
- Even at a price of $231.45, it still offers great value for money considering its features.
- One of the issues users may encounter is that some of the components of this rowing machine are very fragile and get broken quite easily.
- It requires two AA batteries to function and they are not included in the package.
- This machine doesn’t offer enough resistance and may not be good for a hard trainer.
How To Properly Maintain a Rowing Machine
Rowing machines just like other products may not perform well when not properly maintained. Hence, there is a need to properly maintain them for optimal performances at all times.
We have provided a few maintenance tips for you below and you would do well to follow them from time to time in order to continue getting the best out of your rowing machine.
- You are expected to clean your rowing machine after use in order to avoid the accumulation of dust which would slow it down.
- Make sure you wipe sweats off it immediately after use as it may cause rust on the frame and damage it.
- You are expected to lubricate the moving parts regularly, especially the chain, with recommended lubricants in order to prevent friction.
- Every loose screw and nuts should be tightened with drivers before using the machine.
- Whenever your rowing machine makes cranking noises, you are advised to stop immediately and detect the issue before continuing with your rowing to avoid serious damage.
- You are supposed to protect your rowing machine from water, and other elements by keeping it in a cool and dry place at all times. If possible, you should get a cover for it when not in use.
Things to Look Out for in a Rowing Machine
There are quite a lot of things to look out for when trying to buy a rowing machine in order to make the right buying decision. Some of them would be quickly highlighted below.
- Maximum weight capacity
- Levels of adjustable resistance
- Brand credibility
- Buyers’ reviews
- Experts’ reviews
- Value for money
- Overall features
Any buyer who pays great attention to all of the things listed above would likely not be found wanting when buying a rowing machine as such an individual would have been able to get more than enough information to aid in the buying decision.
Overall, all of the products that are featured on our list are well researched, of great quality, offers great value for money, and would most definitely provide you with the necessary features you need in a perfect rowing machine.
To get the best out of them after buying, you need to read all the accompanying instruction manuals before use and follow all the maintenance routines as stated in this guide.