Best Scientific calculators are an absolute necessity if your work or studies require you to calculate large mathematical calculations.
We know mathematical calculations often take time, and you need to solve them quickly. To help students and work professionals quickly solve complex maths problems, scientific calculators come to their rescue.
These calculators are specially designed for people who work or study in the field of Science, Mathematics, and Engineering. Scientific calculators save the time of people and make it easier for them to calculate large problems. Now, we will review some of the best scientific available in the market.
The markets offer a variety of scientific calculators, and it is not an easy task to decide and pick which calculator would best meet your needs and expectations. We have chosen some of the most reliable, trusted, and the best scientific calculators you might consider to buy. Let’s check out the recommendations from our experts.
Best Scientific Calculators: Our Top Pick 👌
1. Texas Instruments TI-30XS Scientific Calculator
Texas Instruments TI-30XS is a scientific calculator that runs on both solar power and batteries. Made for complex calculations, it can help you do fractions, exponents, and a lot more.
This calculator is best suited for subjects like geometry, statics, algebra, general math, biology, and chemistry. One may also solve problems of general science using this calculator. It is one of the best Scientific calculators today because of its unique features.
Texas Instruments TI-30XS MultiView Scientific Calculator is lightweight and can be carried easily. Currently available in blue and white color, this looks pretty decent as well.
- The Texas Instruments TI-30XS calculator features a four-line view display.
- It allows the user to edit, cut, and paste their entries.
- The calculator lets the user enter more than one calculation.
- Additionally, the calculator allows the user to compare results and lets them explore patterns of problems on one screen only.
- The user can view fractions and decimals in an alternate form using the calculator’s toggle key.
- Texas Instruments TI-30XS calculator features a MathPrint feature.
- And the calculator allows the user to simplify fractions step by step.
- The calculator is very light in weight, and it weighs only 4.8ounces.
- The calculator comes with a durable case with a rubber padding for extra protection.
- The calculations are not lost if the calculator shuts down automatically.
- It can be used in the SAT, ACT, and AP examinations.
- The calculator is durable and can survive daily wear and tear from dust and routine use.
- The calculator might get slow with time and begin to lag.
- The calculator is designed for scientific uses only.
Texas Instruments TI-XS MultiView Scientific Calculator looks like a deal and can be availed for $15.44 only. The offer seems pretty good for such a scientific calculator which is among the best scientific calculators.
2. Texas Instruments TI-30X IIS 2-LINE Scientific Calculator
The Scientific Calculator from Texas Instruments also runs on both solar power and batteries. TI-30X IIS calculator is an old player in the world of scientific calculators.
It is useful for algebra, geometry, statics and general science. The calculator comes packed with a variety of features that makes the calculations easy, quick, and efficient.
Available in the markets for decades now, it is amongst the best scientific calculators. It is famous for its ability to deal with the problems of statistics and trigonometry.
The user gets a warranty of one year from the date of purchase with the Texas Instruments TI-30XS calculator. The calculator features the classic black color with blue accents. This calculator is a bit heavier than Texas Instruments TI-30XS scientific calculator.
- Texas Instruments TI-30X IIS is a two-line scientific calculator capable of showing both entry and the result at the same time.
- It can deal with up to 2 variable statistical calculations and features a three-angle mode. The calculator supports the degree, radians, and grads in its three-angle mode.
- The calculator can also be used for various professional use.
- It features a durable and robust design.
- The calculator allows the user to cut, copy, and paste calculations for complex problems.
- The recall button on the calculator allows the user to revisit or review their previous works.
- The calculator can convert improper fractions into mixed fractions.
- This calculator can also be used in examinations like the ACT, SAT, and AP.
- The arrow keys on the calculator allow the user to edit the equation for re-calculation as per your requirements.
- The calculator features an LCD that can be used to display up to eleven digits.
- The calculator shuts down automatically when not in use.
- Texas Instruments TI-30X IIS can last longer than most of the other scientific calculators. The credit for the calculator’s long-lasting life goes to its dual power, solar, and batteries.
- It includes a comma function for various applications.
- The calculator can be used for up to 23levels of parentheses.
- It comes with a protective case for extra protection of the calculator’s body.
- The calculator weighs 6.2ounces, and carrying it is pretty much like carrying a mobile phone.
- The calculator cannot be used for programming and programming.
- People with big fingers might face difficulties while using the calculator.
With many features and pros under its belt, Texas Instruments TI-30X IIS might be a good choice for your next exams. Ultimately, it is one of the best scientific calculators, so; we are confident that you won’t regret buying this one. You can buy the calculator for $12.49 only.
3. Casio fx-115ES PLUS Scientific Calculator
Casio fx-115ES PLUS is a powerhouse in the markets of scientific calculators. This beast comes packed with as many as 280 functions and features that make the Casio Fx-115ES PlUS one of the best scientific calculators in the markets.
It can help one to solve the problems of statistics, fractions, base arithmetic, linear regression, standard deviation, computer science, polar rectangular conversions along with various other complex numeric calculations. The calculator comes in black color and features a plastic body.
Casio fx-115ES PLUS Scientific Calculator is light in weight, easy to carry, and reliable. The calculator is packed with a textbook display. This textbook showcases steps, expressions, and the result as they would appear in a textbook.
Its multi-replay function allows the users to go back and check through calculations step-by-step. The replay also enables the user not only to go back but also to edit and recalculate expressions. This powerful replay feature with editing capabilities is hard to find in a scientific calculator.
- This calculator is easy to use.
- The calculator can be used for Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Trigonometry, Calculus, Statistics, and Algebra.
- It can be used by work professionals and students irrespective of their class.
- One may use this calculator in various exams like the PSAT/NMSQT, SAT, ACT, AP, NCEES.
- The Casio fx-115ES Plus works on both solar and battery power.
- With two power modes, the user also gets a battery back-up option to ensure the user is always ready.
- It features a list-based STAT data editor.
- The calculator can be useful for Matrix and Vector calculations.
- The calculator can perform up to 40 metric conversions.
- It comes packed with the automatic shut-down function that saves power.
- The large display can showcase multiple lines of calculations.
- It comes with a sliding case for more protection of the calculator from damage.
- The cover of the calculator is impact resistant.
- It allows the user to adjust the display’s contrast as per their need easily.
- The calculator can also store a list of data that can be useful for statistics.
- The calculator keys are fast and quick.
- The design and the built of the calculator are reliable and durable.
- The bothering issue that the users have reported in Casio fx-115ES PLUS Scientific Calculator is, the calculator loses the calculation history as it is powered off or when the user switches between modes.
- Sometimes, keys make an audible noise when clicked.
Casio fx-115ES PLUS Scientific Calculator is loaded with features and some minor cons. The features of the Casio fx-115ES Plus calculator weigh positively.
The cons are manageable and do not make much difference, making it one of the best scientific calculators available in the market. Probably, the lightest calculator that you could have your hands on. The calculator weighs only 3.36 ounces. You can buy the calculator for $15.89.
4. Texas Instruments TI-36X PRO Scientific Calculator
Texas Instruments TI-36X Pro Scientific Calculator features a multiview display that shows a variety of calculations on the screen at the same time. The calculator is best suited for students and work professionals. This calculator can help the user to solve various problems.
One may use the calculator for Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statics, Calculus, Biology, and more. The many features of the calculator make it a desirable one in the markets.
The calculator is available in black color. It is quite a perfect match for courses that do not require graphing technology. The built quality of the calculator is sturdy, and overall, it is a reliable calculator.
The lightweight of the calculator seems like an essential expectation from the calculators today. And, the TI-36X Pro Scientific Calculator appears to be promising and ticking the box right for this reason.
Let’s find out why this calculator is amongst the few best scientific calculators.
- Texas Instruments TI-36X Pro Scientific Calculator allows the user to convert fractions, decimals, and Pi into alternate representations.
- The calculator also has Mathprint technology that shows expressions, fractions, and symbols as they would appear in the textbook.
- It features a four-line display that allows the user to see multiple calculations, steps, and numbers at the same time.
- The calculator helps the user to calculate the statistical problems of one and two variables, respectively.
- This calculator also allows the users to choose between numeric equations, polynomials, and the system of linear equations modes of problem-solving.
- Texas Instruments TI-36X Pro Scientific Calculator also features a vector and matrix entry window that allows the users to perform vector and matrix problems.
- This calculator can also operate on both solar power and batteries.
- The hard case of the calculator protects the device from damage.
- The keys of the calculator are large, and these keys make the entire user experience fast and efficient.
- The calculator enables users to switch between the modes easily.
- One may use the Texas TI-36X Pro scientific calculator in various exams as a variety of institutions widely accepts it.
- The user may appear in exams like the SAT, ACT, and AP with this calculator.
- The rubber feet of the calculator prevents it from slipping away.
- The reference card and the user manual that comes with the calculator makes it easy to understand.
- The reference card of the calculator comes with various commands that are very helpful for the new users.
- It is lightweight, and the user can carry the calculator with ease.
- Some users of the Texas TI-36X Pro scientific calculator have complained that the device lags while scrolling through previous calculations.
- The calculator entirely lacks support for the complex numbers. This lack of support for complex numbers makes the calculator a big NO for some users with requirements of solving complex number problems.
- Some users seem unhappy with the print on some keys of the calculator. The print on some of the keys is hard to read and understand.
- Some processes are more complicated and lengthy than other calculators. While the calculator requires more keystrokes to get a function done, it also makes the process a bit slow for the user.
- The calculator allows the use of only one key to access eight variables.
You might see a lot of drawbacks coming your way with Texas TI-36X Pro scientific calculator, but it still is a deal to consider.
If your work does not require you to perform complex numeric calculations then, you might consider buying yourself a Texas TI-36X Pro scientific calculator. If you minus the need to do complex calculations, it is one of the best scientific calculators to find.
The calculator weighs 4.06ounces. The college and school students will find this calculator very intuitive and helpful.
At the time of our research on Best Scientific Calculators, we found a video about “THIS MATH TRICK WILL GUESS YOUR AGE” which is worth watching. 🤴😎
5. Casio FX-991EX Scientific Calculator
The Casio FX-991EX Scientific Calculator features a high-resolution display for the users to view a lot more data than the usual calculators. Casio has produced a masterpiece in the form of its FX-991EX Scientific Calculator.
This little monster can perform a whopping 552 functions.
The calculator is on our list of best scientific calculators for all the right reasons. It is a package which you definitely won’t regret owning. The calculator is durable and reliable. The calculator can be used for various types of calculations.
The calculator can work on solar power and batteries as well. The calculator features dual power modes. These dual-power modes ensure that the user is never out of control. The calculator is easy to use, and it can save a lot of time for the user with complex vector calculations as well.
- The Casio FX-991EX Scientific Calculator has a super-fast calculating speed for the sophisticated, high-stake calculations. The calculator is quite reliable when it comes to speedy calculations.
- The calculator’s high-resolution display can help the user view a lot more information on their screen.
- The display supports the view of the data in a spread-sheet like a 4×4 grid format. The spread-sheet format of displaying data makes the calculator even better for matrix calculations.
- It allows the user to do a variety of calculations.
- The calculator can be useful for solving problems of integration, differential calculus vector, and more.
- For the students in schools or colleges, this calculator can help them with ratio, prime factorization, and more.
- This calculator enables users to create graphical representations of their data.
- The ability of the calculator to generate QR codes allows users to present their data in front of an audience. This representation helps users for their better understanding of the calculations.
- The buttons of the calculator are very responsive, which makes the overall user experience better.
- It makes it easier for the user to solve problems revolving around the constants and conversions.
- The most commonly used keys in a calculator are placed in such a way that they are easily accessible for the users of these calculators.
- The Casio FX-991EX Scientific Calculator is easy to use, and students of all levels prefer to use this calculator.
- The LCD of the calculator makes things clearer to see and understand for the user.
- The Casio FX-991EX Scientific Calculator tends to lose data when it is turned off manually or automatically.
- The calculator tends to slide and slip from smooth surfaces, which makes it prone to damages.
For the Casio’s beast The Casio FX-991EX Scientific Calculator, there are not many negative sides that one has to worry about before buying the calculator. The calculator’s abilities are diverse and impressive. The calculator weighs 3.17 ounces.
This weight is nothing for the beast; the calculator looks like. We would recommend you to consider buying yourself the best scientific calculator and, nothing better than the Casio FX-991EX Scientific Calculator.
The calculator is durable, and it will help you boost your speed and efficiency of calculating complex mathematical problems.
6. Texas Instruments TI-30Xa Scientific Calculator
Texas Instruments TI-30Xa Scientific calculator is one of those many options available in the markets. This calculator operates on batteries and can be used for one variable statistical calculations, which would include mean and standard deviation.
The calculator features a one-line display that can show up to 10 digits. One might use this calculator for general maths, including Pre-Algebra and Algebra 1 and 2. It can also be used for general science.
The calculator is efficient for basic scientific and trigonometric calculations. Let’s find out why it is one of the best scientific calculators available today.
Texas Instruments TI-30Xa Scientific calculator is available in gray color.
The TI-30Xa calculator is easy to carry. The user can quickly learn to use this calculator effectively.
It can serve the college and school going students just right. Working professionals also find this calculator extremely useful when they have to do the most stringent mathematics calculations.
The user gets a year warranty with the Texas Instruments TI-30Xa Scientific calculator, so you do not have to worry about its life. For one year, your best scientific calculator will remain safe and secure.
- Texas Instruments TI-30Xa is a long-lasting scientific calculator that’s reliable as well.
- The calculator comes with a sliding case that provides extra protection to the device.
- Its user manual is comprehensive, easy to read and understand. The user manual helps one understand the calculator in and out. And the manual for this calculator is available online.
- This calculator is approved by various institutions and can be used to appear in exams like the SAT, ACT, and AP.
- The calculator batteries provided by the company rarely run out of power.
- Its rubber feet prevent the calculator from sliding from smooth surfaces.
- It features a power on/off button. The button allows the user to choose when to switch the calculator on and off.
- Text on the display of the calculator appears nicely and it can withstand the rough usage for years.
- The calculator is rough and tough when it comes to its design.
- It comes with a back arrow key, which allows the user to delete one digit at a time.
- This calculator enables the user to change improper fractions to mixed numbers quickly.
- The calculator also features a negation key, which can prove very useful in various applications.
- The Texas Instruments TI-30Xa Scientific calculator features three memory variables, used in various applications.
- The Texas Instruments TI-30Xa Scientific calculator has a tiny gap between its keys, which makes it quite challenging to use for people with large fingers.
- The calculator lacks the support of solar power. And, TI-30Xa operates on batteries which make some users look for other options available in the markets.
- If the calculator’s keyboard had enough space for buttons, the calculator could be very effective in many ways. Less space between the keys often leads the user to press two keys simultaneously that might change the result of a calculation.
- The calculator cannot be used for programming purposes.
The Texas Instruments TI-30Xa Scientific calculator might be the most reliable calculator for you. If your subject does not require a widescreen for displaying the data, this calculator will suit you the best.
Favorite of many students and work professionals, there are high chances that you, too, will like the calculator. You can now buy it at a discounted price of $8.98 only. The list price of the calculator is $24.99 for the same calculator.
7. Casio fx-300ES PLUS Scientific Calculator
The Casio fx-300ES Plus Scientific calculator powers the user with a textbook display. The display shows calculations just like they would appear in your textbook. The calculator allows the user to review and edit previous entries. It is based on solar power, and the calculator also supports battery power.
The dual power mode ensures the user has the means to calculate complex calculations quickly. The calculator features over 200maths applications that can collectively make life easier.
The full acceptance of the Casio fx-300ES Plus Scientific calculator by many institutions makes it a very popular calculator. And, certainly, the wide acceptance, robust features have made it one of the best scientific calculators.
The calculator can be used for courses like Algebra 1 and 2, General Math, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Physics. This calculator will ensure not to make a dent in your pocket. The pricing of the calculator is a plus point as well.
- Casio fx-300ES plus offers a two-line natural textbook-like display.
- The calculator is easy to use, and it is very intuitive.
- Casio fx-300ES Plus Scientific calculator features nine constant memory locations to store previous calculations.
- It is best suited for students in schools and colleges.
- The multiple replays of the calculator are useful and enable the user to check their calculations step-by-step.
- One may also use the calculator for calculating the LCM and GDM along with prime factorization.
- This calculator can be used for exams like the SAT, ACT, AP, and PSAT.
- The calculator can also convert a standard form and a decimal approximation.
- The users can also simplify fractions and roots by repeating the decimal display.
- The calculator can help users of both primary and advanced levels.
- The calculator is durably made.
- The price of the calculator is affordable.
- The user manual of Casio fx-300ES Plus Scientific calculator needs to be more user friendly. It is not clear with specific functions and might confuse a newbie.
- After a point when the expertise of the user increases in his subject, the calculator might disappoint the user.
- The calculator can only deal with engineering subjects at higher levels.
The Casio fx-300ES Plus Scientific calculator is easy to use; it is quick and affordable. It packs over 200 functions, and all of them are hard to find in one calculator.
One may not want to look beyond the Casio fx-300ES Plus Scientific calculator because it is very promising. You might want to buy it for yourself or your kids in school. The calculator is easy to carry and is available in three different colors.
📗 Frequently Asked Questions about Best Scientific Calculators
What to look for in a scientific calculator?
Different users have different requirements, so one has to first look for what purposes they need a scientific calculator. Once the purpose is decided, one should look for the calculator’s ability to perform as many features as it possibly can without biting away your purse.
I am in high school and need a reliable calculator, what features should I look for?
Firstly, please look for the calculator’s acceptance by institutions. Buy a calculator only if it is accepted by a variety of institutions and can be used in multiple exams. For your level of mastery, the calculator should be easy to use and quick.
How important is the battery life for a calculator?
The battery life is an essential factor to look for before buying any electronic equipment and it goes the same for calculators. Imagine yourself sitting in a test, and your calculator is out of power. It seems like a nightmare, right? We would recommend you to look for dual powered calculators as they are rarely out of power.
What makes a calculator best?
Anything that suits you is simply the best. Now, the factors that make a calculator the best scientific calculator are its ability to perform calculations quickly, crystal, and widescreen add more value to the calculator. The intuitiveness of the calculator goes a long way in making the calculator the best one in the markets.
Picking the right calculator for all your needs can be time-consuming and exhausting.
The best scientific calculators are the ones that can help the user to do various calculations effectively. It is crucial to choose the right calculator because it is a tool that is very helpful in your exams. The right calculator can change things for you.
Thousands trust the calculators that we have mentioned above, and you can trust us with your calculator choices. We have picked the best scientific calculators available in the markets because you deserve nothing but the best.
We suggest you explore your requirements, needs, and expectations and then make a thoughtful decision about your new scientific calculator.