This is a complete guide to the best standalone smartwatch to buy in 2021. 🤴
The best part?
We bought the 17 standalone watches available in the current market and did the review based on Price, Purpose, Operating System, Connectivity, SIM Property, and Interface.
And, finally came with 9 Of The Best Standalone smartwatches for our readers.
Let’s dive right in. 🎭
As technology advances, simplicity becomes vital for sustenance; in our everyday busy and forgetful lives, we need things to be more compact; with an item serving more than the purpose than it was intended to and also be able to upgrade your look and appearance while remaining in tune with the world.
Smartwatches are everywhere; they can be used in sync with your phone or not, but they had specific capabilities and limitations.
However, when the standalone smartwatch came along, everything changed. It serves all the purposes including our smartphone. We now looked at the CIA part just by talking to our wrist. Wow.
We have taken our time to analyze some standalone Smartwatches on the market, why they are the best and if you have your eyes set on anyone, our guide will certainly help you with the purchasing process.
Smartwatches are mainstream technology and with a host of options on the market, we are sometimes overwhelmed by the varieties. With excellent brands like Apple, Samsung, Huawei, LG, Fitbit, and others, choosing one is that suits your everyday needs can be tough and confusing.
So to cut through those thoughts, we have listed them according to their uses, from easy-to-use Smartwatches to affordable ones; we have a lineup your will love.
Best Standalone Smartwatch: Our Top Picks 👌👌
1. Apple Watch Series 4
Well, wear your life on your wrist with the Apple watch series 4 and experience the best in standalone technology with ultimate functionality with apps that takes the stress of every day away from you. We have a lot of reasons why we love the Apple 4 series.
Below are some of the features of the Apple Watch Series 4 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- Excellent Cellular Connectivity offering the user the best standalone smartwatch that allows you to receive calls and stream live music with the in-built e-SIM
- The smartwatch work independently without your Apple phone
- It also has the ability to notify you if your heartbeats are irregular, too high, low which can be an indication of health issues
- Comes with an accelerometer and gyroscope that detects a fall and call the emergency services ASAP
- A large display screen of 40mm wide
- Comes with 64-bit dual-core processors
- It helps you keep fit by registering the number of steps and how many more you need to do.
- Able to send a message to the emergency service in the case of an accident with your location for easy access
- Great notifications alert to remind you of dates, schedules, and activities needed to be done (you have a mobile personal assistant around your wrist)
- Can serve as a walkie-talkie or a phone
- Can be used for transactions using Apple Pay
In-built titanium electrode with sapphire crystals to read and record your electrocardiogram in just 30 seconds. These reads are easily records and sent to your doctor ensuring that your heart is fine without any hiccups
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Apple Watch Series 4 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- Has a face and breathe watch to keep you calm and focus
- Battery life lasts up to 18 hours
- Automatically install new apps
- Water use easily ejected from the watch after swimming with any effect on the speakers
- Comes with different color hand bands allowing you to change it to fit your day
- It is expensive
- Has a difficult learning curve for the first-timer
- Has a low talk time
- A very costly smartwatch to have
Apple Series 4 is a complete package; this stylish watch will allow you to do all your basic needs without bothering about your phone.
It keeps track of your heart, fitness regimen, and workout with you tells the time, receives, and makes calls with great innovation that will wow both the wearer and onlookers which makes to perfectly fit in our best standalone smartwatch list.
2. Samsung Gear S Standalone Smartwatch
The tech giant certainly knows how to use technology to grab customer’s attention, over the past year; we have seen a number of beautiful designs from them, and the Gear S is one of them.
Overall, if you are looking for chic and swag in a smartwatch, then we are sorry to say the Samsung Gear S is not for you. The watch is a well-constructed mix of stainless and glass for that shiny and pop look for a more serious feel. Other than that, the watch is worth the buy, and below is why we love it.
Below are some of the features of the Samsung Gear S Standalone Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- It is a 2-inch curved design with metal frames and rubber straps
- Large display screen great for big and dense apps like Opera Mini browser
- A display screen is 480 by 360 with a 300 resolution and brightness is subtle on the eyes
- It is easy to use for texting or reading messages with an integrated SIM card slot
- Images are very clear with great color quality
- Smooth and sleek feel with no protruding buttons
- In-built 3 G, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi compatible with a 4GB storage space
- Use the Tizen operating system making it more independent but also works well with Google Android
- Comes with a dual-core 1 GHz processor, 512 MB of RAM
- Comes with a portable charger to keep the 350mAh battery alive
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Samsung Gear S Standalone Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- Very comfortable to wear
- Looks bulky but very light
- AMOLED screen that is just wonderful to use
- Great battery life
- Excellent standalone phone/watch
- Your best fitness partner
- Needs a smartphone to upload or remove apps from it
- Some people think is too big
- It is pricey
The Samsung Gear S is a beautiful standalone smartwatch but needs a phone for some extra function, and a phone of the same brand too which can be quite expensive. However, we love comfort, ease of use, and durability with color options to die for.
3. LEMFO KW88 Smartwatch
LEMFO King Wear 88 is more than the regular smartwatch that will satisfy you in all ramifications. With excellent features that will wow you and make you stand equal with the best brands on the market.
- 3G WCDMA with excellent GPS map tracking, satellite positioning allowing you to never get lost
- Large 1.39 AMOLED, 400 by 400 resolution, round touchscreen with excellent display and color clarity
- Support Android 5.1 operating system with a nano-SIM of 2G and 3G
- Comes with a quad-core processor with 512MB RAM and 4MB ROM
- Comes with Google Play allowing you to download apps directly onto the watch
- Stay fits by tracking your heartbeat and steps with apt notification.
- Storage space of 2GB and a 2.0-megapixel camera for capturing timeless moments and memory
- The battery lasts about 6 hours
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The LEMFO KW88 Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- Works as an MP3 player, video player, sound recorder, and a phone call at the touch of a button
- Never miss a notification with its tab system
- Available in several languages
- Powered by a 400mAh polymer battery
- Bluetooth function and compatible with iOS and Android
- 3 point charging cable charger
- Need to connect with your current network
- Some customer feels that the band could do with an upgrade
- The user learning curve is a bit difficult
If you are looking for a standalone smartwatch that does standalone, then the KW 88 certainly lives up to its name. The design is sleek and chic with very excellent details and a super responsive touchscreen. The wristband makes this smartwatch look cheap but other than that it is worth every penny.
At the time of our research on Best Standalone Smartwatch, we found a video about “Why Are Rolex Watches So Expensive?” which is worth watching. 🤴🏆
4. Scinex SW20 Standalone Smartwatch
If you are looking for a smartwatch that will work as a standalone and not empty your pocket, then you might be looking at it in the Scinex SW20. With so many features, there is more than one reason why we love this smartwatch.
Below are some of the features of The Scinex SW20 Standalone Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- Receive, make, read, send and get notifications to your phone flawlessly
- Comes with a 16GB memory capacity for storage picture and video recordings
- Compatible with Android 4.0+ and iOS 7 with face watch
- Comes with facilities that help monitors your sleep patterns, count your step and overall fitness level
- 5 inches display screen with remote control ability
- 3 megapixels camera located by the side that can take front image shoots
- Built-in speaker with mic allowing you to listen to music or call with or without an earpiece
- Comes with 300mAh and a 3.7 volts lithium-ion battery
- Supports multiple languages
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Scinex SW20 Standalone Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- The phone support SIM card 800/900/1800/1900
- Easy to transfer and receive pictures directly from your wrist
- Volume clarity makes it excellent to receive and make calls
- In-built camera for pictures and video recordings
- Durable battery life that can last up to 2 days with regular use
- Comes in different colors
- Comes with a year warranty
- Very bulky
- Doesn’t come with GPS
- The band can’t be replaced when it’s damaged
- It is not water-resistant
Asides from the been kind on your pocket, the Scinex SW20 looks great on both sexes with its sleek slightly off the square shape and light screen that is light on the wrist.
Overall the size is just right for any wrist size, but most importantly the features on this smartwatch make it an excellent pick for the best standalone smartwatch.
5. OUMAX Bluetooth Smartwatch
OUMAX smartwatch gives you complete liberty to leave your phone at home without any worries. The smartwatch will give you all the information you need by just connecting with your Android device through Bluetooth. Furthermore, with so many features and an affordable price, the OUMAX will keep you company while doing all you want.
Below are some of the features of The OUMAX Bluetooth Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- Compatible with iPhone 6, 6plus, 6S, Samsung S6, and Note 5
- Fully supported with iOS 9.0 and Android 4.3
- A high-speed dual-core ARM processor
- 54 inches IPS display screen
- 240 by 240 screen resolution with excellent clarity and color
- Works with 850/900/1800/1900 SIMs
- High sensitive speaker with microphone
- Comes with a four-pin charger
- 32GB RAM storage space
- Product dimension is 1.83 by 1.54 by 0.48 inches
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The OUMAX Bluetooth Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- Authentic standalone smartwatch
- Great phone for registering your heartbeat and tracking other fitness activities like sleep pattern, pedometer, and workout notification
- Beautiful black and shiny non-resistant surface
- Aluminum and glass construction
- Battery talk time is 36 hours
- Very lightweight and well-designed
- Works with 1000s of apps
The S6 OUMAX smartwatch is one to have and the best standalone watch without a doubt. As small as it is, it does all that the manufacturer stated it will and is very affordable too. The smartwatch is user-friendly and excellent for youths too.
6. ASUS WI503Q-SL-BG Zen Standalone Smartwatch
This dual-color – copper and stainless steel smooth surface with a brushed matte inner surface is the watch for people of class and style. Its minimalist construction gives room for excellent innovation and wonderful features that will wow you.
This smartwatch embodies everything classic and glamour with just three control buttons and a gorilla glass surface and a diamond-cut bezel design for that pure, simple, and gentlemanly appearance.
Below are some of the features of The ASUS WI503Q-SL-BG Zen Standalone Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- 39 inches wide Amoled with leather strap
- Excellent charging rate with battery reaching the 60 percent target in just 15 minutes
- Battery life is durable allowing you to cover more tasks without a bother
- The touchscreen is 400 by 400-pixel resolution
- Comes with Bluetooth, WI-Fi, and Google compatible
- Uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 2100 processor
- Comes with 50 unique face watch option including heart rate, sleep pattern, steps and is an excellent workout buddy
- Water-resistant IP67 to protect the phone against water damage
- Comes with a 340mAh battery
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The WI503Q-SL-BG Standalone Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- Consist of the latest Android operating system allows you easy access to your apps
- Excellent volume when receiving or making calls
- Inbuilt speakers with high clarity
- Great color and picture quality
- Durable and scratch resistance
- Allows you t change the strap easily to match your outfit
- The original band needs upgrading
Overall Asus has delivered excellent technology, style, and construction to the users; with its timeless design, this is one watch that is worth every penny. And by partnering with Google Android services, it will definitely go a place. We get to wait to see the new things coming up.
7. LG Urbane 2nd Edition Standalone Smartwatch
This very classy and elegant watch looks like your regular wristwatch except that it is a smartwatch. This is the second model by LG, and they certainly have delivered on the construction and technology. The design is not left behind as the smartwatch has some pretty darn good qualities about it.
Below are some of the features of The LG Urbane 2nd Edition Standalone Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- 38-inch circular P-OLED screen with a 480 by 480-pixel resolution
- LTE connectivity allows you to discard your phone without a bother
- Very compatible with Android 2.0
- Ability to use the phone without any smartphone support
- Battery life lasts about 36 hours
- An inbuilt fitness app that tracks your heartbeat, and other fitness data such as steps and sleep
- Detects and tracks barometric pressure, gyroscopic movement, accelerometer, etc
- It has a 400 quad-core Snapdragon with 1.2 GHz, 512MB of RAM
- 4GB storage space
- Comes with IP67 that protect the water from damage
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The LG Urbane Standalone Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- Brushed stainless steel surface with a replaceable band
- Bluetooth with large internal memory for music and pictures
- Fast processing unit
- Never miss an appointment with on-time notification
- Slim and powerful 410mAh battery
- Keeps track of your heartbeat the moment get on your wrist
- It is water and dust-resistant. It can stay immersed in one-meter high water for 30 minutes
- GPS navigation and Google compatible
- Limited language selection
The LG Urbane is a fantastic smartwatch with a really impressive design and a long battery life. The phone is simple, but it was well and is packed with great qualities that allow you to stay fashionable and technologically inclined.
It is also very user-friendly with Wi-Fi connectivity to stay ahead anywhere and time which makes it perfectly suitable in our best standalone smartwatch 2019 list.
8. OMATE Rise Smartwatch
Omate is known for making elegant kids’ wristwatches, but with this rugged-looking matured smartwatch, they have shown they can do well with technology. The watch is all black and very outdoorsy for the everyday individual.
Although the smartwatch is still new compared to other brands on the market, it certainly packs a punch with the features that come with it.
Below are some of the features of The OMATE Rise Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- The polycarbonate case with carbon fiber bezel design gives it that water-resistant property
- Interchangeable strap for easy swaps
- Runs on a 5.1 Android Lollipop
- Can be an independent gadget or sync with your phone over a Bluetooth connection or computer over a Wi-Fi connection
- 3 inches wide display screen with 360 by 360-pixel resolution
- Dual-core with 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A7 processor
- 512MB RAM with a 580mAh battery
- The battery lasts for two days with constant use and more on minimal usage
- 4GB storage space
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The OMATE Rise Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- Great for receiving sending messaging, making calls, play music, and other notifications like the weather, transportation, and fitness level
- Easy to use
- Rugged and manly look
- It is expensive
Omate has certainly knocked this one out of the park with what Smartwatches can or cannot do. This super durable watch is loved by many due to its design, and simplicity with qualities that will make you stand tall next to any other standalone watch on the market.
Perhaps, it doesn’t completely standalone; it does have other modes of connectivity to make sure you never miss your phone.
9. InWatch Z Standalone Smartwatch
The InWatch Z standalone smartwatch is a fully made in China watches and comes with its own camera that allows you to take pictures and do a 360 degrees video with high-quality clear images that can be uploaded to your social accounts without any problems.
Below are some of the features of The InWatch Z Standalone Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- 720p video recording
- Runs on a 4.4 Android operating system
- Fully equipped with GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, and 3G connectivity
- Comes with a step counter to keep your fitness in check
- You can run many apps as you want on it
- Has a 1.2 GHz powerful ARM Cortex dual-core processor
- 8GB ROM and 1GB RAM space
- 63 inches multi-touch display unit with a 240 by 240 pixel
- Gravity sensing system
- Protected from water and dust by the IP57 material
- The smartwatch works with 850/900/1800/1900 GSM networks
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The InWatch Z Standalone Smartwatch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Standalone Smartwatch to getting in 2021.
- A single from 5.0 Mp camera
- Multi-language supported
- Comes with a charger and a manual
- Product dimension is 2.3 by 1.6 by 0.5 inches
- Excellent volume during calls a or when listening to music
- Micro SIM with Bone conduction earpiece
- 580mAh battery with 120 standby times and 2 days battery limit
- Stylish, scratch-resistant stainless steel body
- Smooth back cover and very comfortable on the skin
- IP technology prevents water damages
- Compatible with Google Play store
- It is expensive
It might be Chinese-made, but it has all the qualities of a good smartwatch and a must and should have. Although it will set you back 160 dollars, it is worth the buy and it is durable and well-constructed.
Best Standalone Smartwatch: What To Consider
With brands like Motorola and Microsoft retiring from the smartwatch industry other like ASUS, OUMAX, and even Google coming up with Smartwatches that make you discard your phones at home and never miss it.
However, it is not just okay to go into the market to buy one, you have to know what to look for and if it’s for you. Some factors to always consider when buying a smartwatch are:
Whether you like it or not, a good smartwatch will set you back a couple of hundreds at least. Even though, expensive brands have great qualities; there are upcoming brands that will deliver on excellence, durability, and quality innovation at a cheaper rate. So be wise.
What are you using it for? If it will serve as an alternative to your smartphone, then you should consider the screen, the speaker volume, adaptability, and ease of use. Furthermore, you should never forget to ask or check the battery duration before and after the charge.
These days Smartwatches are our first doctor with inbuilt sensors that detects and tracks our heartbeat, sleep patterns, steps to ensure we stay in a healthy space always
Most Smartwatches are a replacement for your smartphone. Therefore, it is better to get one that is powered by a top-notch processor and Android compatible among other operating systems first.
The more power the operating system has the more functionality the smartwatch will have with an effective way to handle messages and run your apps.
We live in a world where we need to stay connected one way or another and just as your smartphone will help you stay connected, the smartwatch should do more too.
Your smartwatch should be able to connect easily to other networks without problems. 4G connectivity is the latest feature that Smartwatches come with and the best. So watch out for it
If the smartwatch is standalone, it must have a space for a SIM or satellite connectivity to allow it to function as a phone would. Most Smartwatches have a GSM compatibility range of 800 to 1900.
This is how you want to operate your smartwatch – either button or touch sensitivity. The choice of the interface also depends on your daily activity too.
Quick Tips When Buying a Smartwatch
- Always check that the device is functional. In as much buying online will limit this tip, ensure that they have excellent customer service available for you in case it has a fault after the purchase.
- Ensure that the smartwatch is compatible with your phone. For example, Google Wear operating system works with Android devices and the iPhone.
- We can always have time for fitness, so always pick one that will track your fitness level and motivate you to want to workout
- Ensure that the wristband is firm with a good buckle. You can also go for bands you can swap on your own; this gives room for upgrades and variety.
- The display unit glass and framework must be scratch-resistant and large enough for you to read a message.
- It should be user-friendly. If you buy one with a difficult learning curve, you might spend time practicing instead of enjoying the device.
- The number of apps it can contain; if you are a social media personality; then ensure that it can fit all your apps.
📗FAQ’s on Best Standalone Smartwatch
Below are a couple of queries on Best Standalone Smartwatch that everyone is expecting to answer and I did include the same for my readers.
What is the best standalone smartwatch?
1. Apple Watch Series 4 2. Samsung Gear S Standalone Smartwatch 3. LEMFO KW88 Smartwatch 4. Scinex SW20 Standalone Smartwatch 5. OUMAX Bluetooth Smartwatch 6. ASUS WI503Q-SL-BG Zen Standalone Smartwatch
Can Smartwatches work without phone?
We haven't seen many smartwatches working independently without a phone, because the lack of standalone data connectivity for smartwatches.
Do Smartwatches need data plans?
Using a smartwatch that requires a data plan can be a huge convenience.
Do you need a cell phone to use a smartwatch?
Smartwatches are accessories. Without your phone, they don't do much more than tell the time.
Whether you are buying or gifting it, the smartwatch is an excellent piece of technology that is changing the way we communicate or carry communication devices around. Aside from their portability, you can be sure that you will never lose it or forget it somewhere since it is always around your wrist.