This is a complete Buyer’s Guide to Best Telescopes Under 300 $ in 2022. 😎
Most important point:-
We can assure you that all the featured products in this article are picked without bias or influence.
We have picked them mainly based on the discoveries from our research and findings in the current market, and we assure you that they are the best options available right now for the price under consideration.
So without further ado, let’s explore this Best Telescopes Under 300 $ buyer’s guide. 📗
Astronomy, star gazing, bird watching, and most other activities that a telescope is used for are rare activities that are common among a privileged group. Perhaps this would explain why getting a telescope usually costs a lot of money.
A telescope has what it takes to give you a clear view of celestial bodies and other planets that surrounds us, which is quite fun.
Since many of us love fantasies, many individuals across all classes have taken a keen interest in using a telescope to explore and watch terrestrial bodies in recent years.
While this is not bad, the main issue has always been how someone without a deep pocket can get their hands on a very good telescope that would aid their fantasies because it is expensive.
The answer to this problem has been the availability of new and cheaper telescopes in the marketplace.
Now, we have many telescopes that are readily available and affordable to people of all income classes, and this tends to have solved the problem.
While this is good news, the first thing you must know is that there is a need to be realistic in terms of quality due to the price. Make no mistakes, a telescope that costs $200 would not give you the same quality that another which costs $2000 would give you.
It doesn’t work that way. This difference in quality may be a bit of concern to some people because what is the essence of doing it if you are not going to get the best out of it?
And we are all aware that getting the best out of it, in this case, has much to do with your telescope’s quality. For people willing to look enough, though, there is a way through this seeming impediment.
With thorough research and a perfect understanding of the market, you may still be able to get quality telescopes that would serve you well out of this market without spending premium money.
Yes, more than at any other time, many amazing options in the current market would serve you well and provide you with quality that is way beyond the price you are paying to get them.
To help you get the best options in this market in terms of value for money, we have come up with a list of some of the best telescopes you can get in the current market below the price of $300.
Best Telescopes Under 300 $ – Our Top Picks👌👌
1. Orion AstroView 90mm EQ Refractor Telescope Kit
The Orion AstroView 90mm EQ Refractor Telescope Kit tops our list of the best telescopes you can get in the current market at a price below $300.
This telescope from the renowned Orion brand represents great value for money, as it hands you a quality that is way more than its price. It comes in at just $299, but it boasts a lot of impressive qualities that would make that amount look like a bargain.
It comes with a 90mm aperture that enhances it to attract as much light as possible to give you a bright and sharp image.
You also get an equally impressive 910mm focal length for magnification and ensuring that you have a detailed and closer look at the celestial bodies and other things you are gazing at.
With the EQ-2 mount that is flexible and easy to set up, you can get a wide range of views and perfectly track the objects in your focus without much fuss.
The tripod also allows for a slow-motion view, giving you a better perspective of the objects in focus and having two eyepieces for different viewpoints.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Orion AstroView EQ that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescopes Under 300 $ to get in 2022.
- The telescope comes with a 910mm focal length which is very impressive, given its modest price.
- The telescope has an impressive 90mm aperture, ensuring bright and sharp images.
- It comes with a very good mount which offers ease of use while also ensuring a wide variety of views and better details in view.
- The telescope comes with two eyepieces of 25mm and 10mm, respectively, allowing you to experience different perspectives when watching the celestial bodies.
- For $299, this telescope offers great value for money, going by the features that come with it.
- It doesn’t come with a travel case which could make it hard to move around.
- It’s also one of the most expensive products in the price range under review.
2. Gskyer AZ90600 Refractor Telescope
The Gskyer AZ90600 Refractor Telescope comes in at number two in our list of the best telescopes you can get in the current market at $300.
This is another telescope with a refractor (glass) lens, and it boasts many features that would make your interest in astronomy worthwhile.
This telescope has an aperture of 90mm, which is good for a product of its price.
This would ensure it produces a top-quality image with colors and clarity. You also get a 600mm focal length that ensures optimum magnification of the celestial bodies to give you detailed images.
You get three eyepieces through which you can experience different levels of views and perspectives. This telescope also comes with a mount/tripod, which would provide flexibility in viewing angles and strong support for the telescope.
Going by the reviews, this telescope is one of the most durable options in the current market for the price under review. To get this telescope, you would be parting with just $260, which is affordable and offers great value for money.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Gskyer AZ90600 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescopes Under 300 $.
- This telescope is designed to offer ease of use, as professionals and amateurs can easily operate it.
- For $260, this telescope is affordable and offers good value for money.
- With an aperture of 90mm, you have a telescope that would properly harness light elements and use them to provide clear, detailed, and sharp images for you.
- It also has an impressive 600mm focal length, which it uses to magnify all images and provide details.
- The telescope comes with a mount that provides a range of viewing from many angles.
- You also get three eyepieces with this telescope.
- The amount relies on a single wand for both horizontal and vertical movements.
- The finder scope isn’t that great.
3. Orion 09007 SpaceProbe Equatorial Reflector Telescope
The Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope is the first reflector (mirror) lens telescope that would be making our list.
The truth is, you don’t get to see a lot of telescopes with the quality that comes with this one under the price under review, which means you should be going for it without thinking twice. It is sturdily built, and it comes with great use of use.
With a 130mm aperture, you can be assured that you are getting a quality view of your image in clean, crisp, and sharp forms.
This telescope also comes with a 650mm focal length for an impressive wide view and magnification power for a detailed look at the objects in focus.
You also get two eyepieces, each of 25mm and 10mm, for different perspectives of your objects. In terms of the mount, this telescope comes with a very good mount.
The mount is solidly built with three standings, just like a camera mount, allowing you to experience different views from various ranges and angles. It also provides a steady platform for the telescope to rest without fear of falling off.
In terms of price, this one comes in at just a fraction below $300, and we dare say you can go for it as you would enjoy using it.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Orion 09007 that earned it a spot in our Best Telescopes Under 300 $.
- This telescope comes with a 130mm aperture for enhanced image quality.
- The telescope boasts a 650mm focal length for great magnification to attain detailed and close-up views of your objects.
- The telescope comes with a very solid mount designed to provide support and offer a different range of views.
- It comes with two eyepieces of 25mm and 10mm for a different perspective in views.
- It comes at a total weight of 27 lbs, which makes it easy to move around.
- The technical support for this telescope might not be the best.
- It tends to burn the battery very quickly.
At the time of our research on Best Telescopes Under 300 $, we found a video about “20+ Incredible Space Facts That Aren’t In Textbooks,” which is worth watching.
4. Celestron 114LCM Computerized Newtonian Telescope
The Celestron 114LCM Computerized Newtonian Telescope is another product we are happy to recommend to our readers who are in the market for a quality telescope on a budget.
This one surely possesses much more quality than its price and would leave you truly impressed. It is available for just $261, a price we consider to be a very good deal considering all the features that come with this telescope.
The telescope would enable you to view up to 4,000 celestial bodies and help you explore the sky through the Sky Tour button that comes with it.
You also get a 114mm aperture that would help harness the light around to help the telescope produce stunning, clear, and crisp images of the celestial bodies in focus.
There are also two eyepieces, each of 25mm and 9mm, respectively, that would help you get different perspectives of the objects in focus.
The lenses also come with 60x and 167x magnification which would help magnify images and give you a detailed view of the objects. You also get a mount for stabilization and for ensuring different ranges of view.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Celestron 114LCM that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescopes Under 300 $ to get in 2022.
- The telescope comes with two lenses of 60x and 167x magnification power each, which would help bring you closer to the objects in view.
- This telescope enables you to view up to 40 celestial bodies.
- A 114mm aperture is designed to garner enough light to produce a bright, sharp, and colorful image for your view.
- The telescope comes with a solid mount that ensures stability for the telescope and provides you with access to view from many ranges and angles.
- With a total weight of just 13.2 lbs, this telescope is portable and easy to carry around.
- The finder scope could be very difficult to align.
- The telescope seems to consume a lot of battery power.
5. Explore One Aurora 114mm Reflector Telescope
The Explore One Aurora 114mm Reflector Telescope would give you that distinct view of the sky in great detail and color, and it does so at a very affordable price.
You can get this telescope at just $125, allowing you to see a wide range of celestial bodies, including Jupiter and Saturn. The lens is made from a mirror, and it comes with two eyepieces.
This telescope has a 114mm aperture for optimum light performance, even in low-light situations to give you clear and bright images.
You also get a 500mm focal length for magnification and detail of the objects in focus.
With a total item weight of 6.3 pounds, this telescope is built to be lightweight and portable, giving room for mobility. It comes with a tripod made from aluminum materials that are easily adjustable for stabilization and range in view.
This telescope also allows you to view in slow-motion mode, giving room for an enhanced and more detailed look at the objects.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Explore One Aurora 114mm Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescopes Under 300 $ to get in 2022.
- This telescope comes at a total weight of 6.3 pounds, which makes it lightweight and portable for easy mobility.
- The telescope comes with a 500mm focal length, ensuring magnification to provide a detailed look at the objects in focus.
- With an aperture of 114mm, the telescope could garner and harness the light sources around to provide a clear and bright image for your views.
- At a price of just $125, this telescope is affordable and offers great value for money.
- The telescope comes with a mount made from aluminum materials for support.
- The quality of the image might not be as good as you desire.
- The optical glass is not coated.
- The mount is good, but it’s not one of the most solid options.
6. Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope
The Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope is another quality product from the Celestron brand to have made our list.
This telescope comes at a very affordable price, but it boasts of several quality features that would make it a very good option for anyone (especially starters). It comes at a price of just $150, which is affordable.
It comes with a bonus Starry Night Astronomy Software that would help you in automatically locate celestial bodies and observe them.
In terms of design, this product offers a very compact and portable design. It comes in at a total weight of 21.3 lbs. This means it can be easily moved around without any burden on you.
It comes with an aperture of 127mm designed to enable it to use the light around it to create a bright, sharp, and colorful image. You also get an impressive 1000mm focal length for a detailed and close-up view of the celestial objects.
This is made possible through the 50x and 250x magnifications that come with the two eyepieces of this telescope.
This telescope also comes with a German equatorial mount that is solidly and sturdily built to offer support and stability to the telescope and provide a platform for a seamless view from a wide range of angles and perspectives.
This mount also provides a slow-motion mode for enhanced viewing performance.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescopes Under 300 $ to get in 2022.
- This telescope has a 1000mm focal length for detailed viewing of celestial objects.
- The telescope has two eyepieces which ensure different perspectives and ranges in viewing.
- The 127mm aperture with this telescope ensures performance in low-light situations and provides clear, crisp, and bright images at all times.
- The telescope comes with a compact and portable design, making it quite easy to move it around without being a burden.
- At a price of just $150, this telescope is affordable and offers great value for money.
- This telescope’s proficiency level means it is more suited to beginners.
- The finder scope is not that effective.
7. Celestron Inspire 100AZ Refracting Telescope
To round up our top picks for the best telescopes under $300 in the current market, we will introduce you to the Celestron Inspire 100AZ Refracting Telescope.
This telescope, like the one before, is more suited to beginners, but experienced astronomers can also use it because it has some very good features.
To get this one, you would need to part with a total of $199, which is affordable and great for the price going by what you will get from products at the same price.
This telescope is easy to set up and comes with a smartphone adapter. The tripod is built to be compact, solid, and stable to support the telescope and allow a wide range of viewing angles and perspectives.
It also comes with a Starry Night Astronomy App, which would help you find celestial objects in the sky. This telescope has a total weight of 20 lbs, making it lightweight and portable.
The red LED flashlight is also placed in the center of the mount to provide illumination when required.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of The Celestron Inspire 100AZ that earned it a spot in our list of Best Telescopes Under 300 $.
- This telescope comes with a lightweight design at just 20 lbs, making it easy to move around without being burdened.
- It is very easy to set up and use, which makes it a very good option for beginners.
- At a price of just $199, this telescope is affordable.
- It comes with a tripod that is built to be compact, solid, and stable for support and to ensure a wide range of views from different angles.
- It comes with a red LED flashlight for illumination.
- You can experience wobbles in the eyepiece sometimes when focusing.
- The tripod is not serviceable.
Best Telescopes Under 300 $: What To Consider
Are you considering shopping for a telescope anytime soon? If yes, there are some things you must look out for to get a good deal for yourself.
These features we will be listing below are usually what makes the difference between a good and a great telescope, so you should pay attention to them.
- Focal Length
- Ease of use
Final Notes on the best telescopes under 300 dollars list
The telescopes we have listed above are undoubtedly some of the best you can get in the current market for a price under $300.
It has been proven in recent times that you wouldn’t need to break the bank to get a quality telescope, and with all the options we have provided for you above, you will discover that is the case because any one of them you invest in would serve you well and offers great value for money.