When you have lots of audio and video files stored in your hard drive, it becomes hard for you to open each of them and listen to convert them into a text file.
In addition to this, the transcription becomes more difficult when you have to deal with different languages and dialects, along with noisy data.
If you are the one who’s suffering from all these problems, then we have the right solution for you, with our list of top 9 best transcription software for Mac you can get rid of manually writing up the text for your documents.
There are several benefits that you can get when you convert your video’s audio into a text. It holds lots of information inside, which can be used for further projects for taking references.
How Does Transcription Software Work? 🤔
Transcription is now higher in demand, whether you are a student from a university or a video editor, you need to convert audio and video into text that will enter in your workflow at some point of time.
The easiest way one can put out the definition of transcription is by saying it as a process of converting recorded speech into text.
Here’s a thing, have you ever read the words of an actor during his dialogue or speech of a politician? Then there’s a high chance of you reading the transcript.
There are mainly two methods by which one can convert the audio into a text file. The first one is the manual transcript, which is the old school method of doing the transcription work.
It was the time when copywriters used to tap on the typewriter and do their magic to create breaking news that came on TV and radios. From there, we have journeyed a long way and now have come to the modern era of transcription, which is done on computers.
For many transcriptions was a mundane task in the newsroom production process, but still, back then there were no computers people used to record the interviews on their recorder and once the meeting got over. They replay the whole interview to copy it into text so it could be printed in a newspaper.
Now, AI is streamlining your workflow, making it easier for you to make text out from your video files in just a few minutes. With AI now, you have a better range of language which can be converted into the text.
It is estimated that by 2020 90% of the content which will be consumed on the internet will be in video format, but still, Google’s bots are not able to crawl those videos and know what they are all about.
So for information and getting better traffic on your website, you need to have content in text format.
Best Transcription Software For Mac: Our Picks👌
1. Express Scribe Pro
When you are looking for software that takes the full potential of the Mac machines, you need to check out the Express Scribe (Download Here); this software can also be used as an audio player for your mp3 files if you are looking for something which can do both of these works.
Foot-pedal support is necessary for a high-volume transcription, and this software gives you foot-pedal for audio playback; thus, it makes the software to record and transcript the data into text more accurately.
Also, it supports standard audio formats such as WAV, MP3, WMA, and DCT. You can use it for both your windows and Mac systems, and the software cost only $39, and then you get a lifetime license with regular updates from the company.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Express Scribe Pro that makes it add to the Best Transcription Software For Mac list.
- First, it is easy to operate this software, and if you need training you can attend their webinars and take help from the documentation which they provide with the software
- It has tons of features such as abbreviation expansion, audio file management, audio transmission, voice capture, and many more.
- There’s a common problem with several transcription software that they crash during the usage, but that’s no problem you are going to face.
- Even if you upload the number of files simultaneously in this software, it won’t freeze and will perform its task without showing you any performance issues.
- The added features help you in completing your work much faster and in a short time.
- With less than 1MB of space, it is the smallest and the most versatile transcription software that is out there in the market for you to purchase.
- You need to buy a new software key if you are installing it on some other device, it can only work on a single computer with an individual key.
With this software (Download Here), you can play the video side by side while transcribing it on your computer. Moreover, it lets you use timecodes anywhere in your transcript to make things easy for you.
As a result, you can jump to that particular point in your video where you have put the timecode. Its simple interface is what steals second place in our list, even a student from high school can use this software to write a play for his upcoming annual function.
When you are using it, you get to choose from a wide range of keyboard shortcuts that you can customize according to your requirements and comfort.
Furthermore, the software allows you to create snippets of your videos, thus giving you the power to insert any of the frequently used expressions into your transcript with just a push of a button on your keyboard.
Likewise, you can play video and audio directly from a URL that you have copied from the internet.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Transcribe that makes it add to the Best Transcription Software For Mac list.
- The company pays a lot of attention to students and teachers; as a result, you can get this software at almost $60 off if you come under these two categories.
- Secondly, the one time cost of the software is $99.
- It comes with mouse free media controls, so you don’t have to take your hands away from the keyboard and type efficiently.
- You can use a USB foot pedal to control the media playback while you are converting the video into a transcription.
- Lastly, it allows you to export your file in different formats that are compatible with Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, etc.
- UI is too simple and looks a bit old when comparing it to other software of the same niche.
- There are not so many features, and sometimes it can be a bit of a problem if you are transcribing massive editing files.
You do the typing, and Transcriva (Download Here) will do the rest of the work for you. It’s that simple.
With this software. You can use it to transcribe lectures, movies, speech, etc. on your mac either after you record it or live, it depends on you. When it comes to transcribing nothing comes first for this software, it does offer you foot pedal support, which you only get in premium software only.
But for this software, it is to make the transcribing easy for the owner. If you are new to transcription this is the best software for you to try your hands on and get familiar with the basic features which you need.
In addition to this, it is the best software for the people who take regular interviews as there are unique features that make their work easy.
It’s easy to keep track of your progress and how much of the video is left to be transcribed. With customization, you can blend the software tools according to your need and create keyboard shortcuts.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Transcriva that makes it add to the Best Transcription Software For Mac list.
- First, it has follow-along features, which could be a deal-breaker if you know how to use it for your advantage.
- The UI is what made us fall in love with this software; the clean white background pops everything to make it easier for you to distinguish.
- Several professional features are added even in the trial version.
- You can decide the speed at which the audio and the video plays so you can convert it into text accordingly.
- For buying this software with all its added features, you need to make a one-time payment of $29.99.
- The audio playback is not good enough and audio breaks; sometimes, we hope the company finds a way to improve it.
Don’t go by the name of the software and think it was made by some rookie coder. Dragon (Download Here) is the natural speaking software that has been helping doctors, lawyers, and other professionals for more than 30 years when it comes to dictation and transcribe a document. The software runs on both Mac and Windows platforms.
It can capture the audio and automatically uses its AI technology to transcribe it, so you don’t have to do the massive task.
That’s why doctors and scientists keep this software handy when they are giving a lecture or a speech. Like any other transcription software, you can still add audio and video files to it to convert it into text.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Dragon that makes it add to the Best Transcription Software For Mac list.
- First, it comes with the best audio setting, meaning it captures each word which is spoken by your alphabet to the alphabet and uses it to make a text a document.
- The accuracy of getting the right word from speech recognition is above 90%, which is provided to you right from the box.
- Furthermore, its AI learns from you and how you speak, and with your usage, it will start making fewer mistakes.
- You can create special macros if you are using a particular word or a phrase quite often in your speech.
- In addition to this, you can add acronyms that are not present in the software’s data, and it will recognize them when you speak.
- Voice commands can also be added, such as ‘next line’ and the software will stop right there and move to the next line.
- With this software, you don’t have to repeat your lines as it is useful in capturing every little detail of your speech in one go.
- It’s a great product, but if you are using it for hours and hours of dictation, you need to give it a rest. Or the software will slow or could lead to a crash.
5. Transcription Panda
The software (Visit Here) offers you a range of related services to complement and go beyond your transcription needs. The Transcription Panda provides you standard transcription service.
All you need to do is record the audio and video and upload it on Transcription Panda; you will get your text file in 2-3 days. You don’t have to do anything at all; everything will be done by the people in the company who are going to generate a text copy for you.
The process of uploading your file in the software is easy, you can upload it straight from your hard drive, or you can use a link and paste it there.
The signup process is the same as any other website, and you need to add your first name, last name, and password along with your E-mail. This software doesn’t give you any free trials or services. You need to pay a per-minute price for transcribing your audio.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Transcription Panda that makes it add to the Best Transcription Software For Mac list.
- As humans are working behind the software, you can be sure that the accuracy of the text document which you are going to receive will be top-notch.
- The dashboard is quite attractive and makes it easy for newcomers to navigate without a problem.
- There are several options that you can choose on how you want your transcription to be written; the company is quite generous with that.
- The error rate of transcription is less than 5%; this is the result taken from Panda’s quick draft service; thus, it clears out the doubt about the quality of the text documents.
- Even though it is quite reliable, it would still be great if the company had come up with its mobile app. In addition to this, there needs to be a web editor for such kind of software.
Temi is the software that provides you a transcription of your video and audio file in less than 5 minutes. The pay per minute charge is $0.25, which is relatively lower than other software in this lineup.
In addition to this, it does come with a trial option for new users. The software adds a timestamp every time a speaker is changed in the audio file and separates it in another paragraph.
There is no way possible for you to customize the order, so you need to be careful with the audio files when you are uploading them. Also, you can upload almost any kind of audio and video format on this software without having to worry about compatibility issues.
If you are sharing something confidential and don’t want it to be given to a third party, you can trust Temi with it. The company uses TLS 1.2 encryption system with the help of a secure Amazon server to send you files.
Likewise, once the data is being transferred to you, the company doesn’t index the transcript link which they generate for you.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Temi that makes it add to the Best Transcription Software For Mac list.
- The web interface offers you easy navigation with simple steps of uploading your file on their database.
- It is one of its kind software where you get the transcript in just five minutes after uploading it.
- If you compare it to human-based transcription services, you will find out that it provides you high accuracy while still giving your text document at the speed of automated transcriptions.
- In addition to this, you are getting a mobile app for both your Android and ios devices, these apps let you record the audio, and then you can upload it on the software and get the text document.
- On the other hand, the software lets you edit the transcripts on your phone. Thus, giving you the power to edit your docs on the go.
- We would recommend this software if the audio and video file is not complicated to the transcript. Otherwise, for complex data, be ready to get some mistakes in your text document.
The main advantage you have when you are using this software (Visit Here) is how easily it extracts out the dialogue from your audio files and turns them into an editable word document.
The cut and paste way of doing the transcriptions is what makes it different from other software in this list. The accuracy is near about 95% for all documents that we have used to convert them into transcriptions.
Once you upload the audio file, it will generate an electronic transcript file that you can go through and edit if you want. Thus, saving a lot of your time in doing it all on your own.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Descript that makes it add to the Best Transcription Software For Mac list.
- Its minimalist design is made in such a way that you can easily find out the add ons and features that you are trying to search in the software.
- There are several useful features and options which will help you in editing and making your transcript if you use them properly.
- The software comes with Google speech integration. Thus, you get high accuracy when you are transcribing your media files.
- Moreover, you can customize the skin of the software and make it look as good as you want.
- Descript makes two audio files from your single audio files separating the speech track from the background.
- It would be great if the software provides you with the raw media so you could connect it with your transcripted file.
8. VoxSigma Speech to Text
If you are the one who uses lots of jargon in your speech even though you should not be doing it, then VoxSigma (Download Here) is the software that will convert all your hard to speak lingo into text.
It can also find out the slightest of your pause and cuts with slight clamors. When you are converting your file, it can separate different sound fragments along with voices even if there is some background noise playing in the audio.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the VoxSigma that makes it add to the Best Transcription Software For Mac list.
- Both discourse and non-discourse sections of your comments can be easily handled by VoxSigma’s XML record files.
- In just three easy steps, it converts your audio files into text documents without any hassle.
- You can transcribe the big audio and video files live in real-time or use a batch mode to convert them one by one.
- You can provide labels for speech and non-speech segments of your audio files.
- The command-line tool which the software uses is still in the C++ library, a computing language that is too old to be used in 2020.
9. F5 Transcription PRO
Last on our list; we have F5 Transcription Pro (Download Here) many people use this software exclusively on Mac systems as it ticks marks on all the checkboxes which are required to perfect the transcription needs of every person.
For some time, it was free to use, but now you have to pay the minimum amount to buy its license. The free version which you can still get allows you to convert the audio file into a transcription, but the length of the audio can’t exceed 10 minutes.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the F5 Transcription Pro that makes it add to the Best Transcription Software For Mac list.
- You can insert timestamps with as little gap as of 30 seconds.
- In addition to this, you can use coding to add automatic timestamps in your audio conversion.
- It works perfectly with your media clips, which are present in Mac.
- Also, the software maintains the structure of your transcriptions and makes them easy to understand.
- The UI is a bit clinky, and you will find yourself stuck when finding a tool in the software.
There you have it, the best transcription software for your Mac system, now go and complete your assignment, which has been pending for a long time and get your grades.