This is a complete buyer’s guide to Best Travel Watch in 2022. 🤴
Let me clear the most important point:
We bought the 21 Travel Watch in the current market and reviewed them based on World time zones, Chronometer, GPS and Tracking device, water-resistant, ability to charge, and The make and model.
And, finally came to 11 Of The Best Travel Watch to our readers. 📗
So without further ado, Let’s dive right in. 🎭
You know that throbbing feeling you get when out of breath, the front desk attendant says, sorry, sir, but you just missed your flight? Oh, shoot, not again. And you are glancing down at your watch only to realize you have 3 minutes gone.
Well, millions of people are just like you and the only way to beat the time is to get a good travel watch as a companion. A good travel watch is a crucial part of every travel; it should be light enough to feel weightless around your wrist, easy to tell the time as you travel through time zones and GMTs, and most importantly, don’t break the bank.
There are many brands on the market to ensure you never run late, miss an appointment, get to the meeting and stop asking what the time is at the counter/front desk; it is time to get a travel watch today.
Watches have come a long way, with excellent craftsmanship and designs; we have travel watches to let you know you have crossed a timeline and adjust accordingly and those with multiple faces to give you an accurate time for every region you are in.
So whether you are getting one for yourself or a travel buddy, below are some of the best travel watches that will ensure that you not only stay on time but travel in style too.
Best Travel Watch For Travel – Our Top Picks
1. Timex Expedition Scout Chronograph Men’s Travel Watch
Timex has been making watches since time immemorial, and this particular watch checks all the boxes for a travel watch to adorn when globetrotting.
The watch recently got an upgrade that enhanced its chronograph features, but the lightweight, affordability, design, and functionality are some reasons you should have this watch.
The watch is around a 42mm and 12 mm thick round dial window with three chronograph subdials and a date window at 4 o’clock. The Arabic numerals are bold to allow you to see and tell the time, even in low lighting.
The strap is made of leather made, 8 inches long and 20 mm thick, with double edge stitches with a clasp buckle. Employs quartz analog movement with 1/20 of a second precision in time-telling.
- It is water-resistant and can stay functional in up to 100 meters of water, making it an excellent watch for water sports like snorkeling, swimming, or bathing.
- It has a long battery life of up to 10 years.
- It comes in different color straps and the dial face
- It has a backup light to see the time when it’s dark
- It is durable and built for the toughest terrains and conditions
- The mineral glass is scratch resistance
- It is not a good watch for diving or deep water activities
Timex watches have proved to do what they were designed to do, this watch might be cheap, but the design, accuracy, and weight are why we love it. The Timex Expedition is built to take the toll with you through thick and thin without failing; for a watch this affordable, we say, why not.
2. Casio G-Rescue Solar Atomic Classic Color Travel Watch
Off the bat, this G-shock, G-Rescue watch is a tough cookie that will take the beating of your job and the stress of traveling with the technology and build.
This watch also introduces the use of solar atomic to complete the rugged and tough look of the watch. For anyone on a tight budget but looking for a great, tough watch to share your adventures with and keep track of the time, the Casio G-Shock G-Rescue is the watch to beat.
As stated, the watch is solar atomic, meaning the battery is powered by the sun with an atomic timekeeping feature to tell the time in 48 countries worldwide.
It has a 24/48hour time format, time, and moon graph for 31 different time zones with an up-to-date calendar. It is a 50mm wide, 8.8 ounces heavy wristwatch with a resin strap and clasp buckle. It needs one CR2 battery to function.
- It is scratch-resistant
- Employs a Japanese quartz movement with a digital display
- Great travel watch for hikers and campers
- Excellent for certain water activities and stay water resistant in 200 meter
- It looks bulky
- For people of style, this watch is not very fashionable in town
- Not great for scuba diving beyond 200 meters or 660 feet of water
It might not be the fashionable, sleek-looking watch. Still, the price, precision, toughness, and ability to keep track of time in different time zone is why the Casio G-Shock, G-Rescue made its way on our list of best affordable travel watches.
3. Suunto Core Military style Outdoor Men’s Travel Watch
This all-black military-style timeless piece from Suunto has everything you need in a travel wristwatch. This watch is all you need for all outdoor activity, with so many features, including a storm alarm; you will never be caught unaware when Mother Nature gets angry.
It is an ABC watch – an altimeter that tracks your descent or ascent and determines your elevation height. It keeps keen progress on your climb and is a great watch for mountain climbers, hikers, skiers, etc.
The barometer alerts you when there is a sudden change in air pressure or when a storm is brewing in the distance to ensure every journey in the great wilderness is safe, and you are secure. The compass ensures you never get missing as you trek through the plains and terrains of the world.
The all-black case is made with black coal and will survive in any condition. It is also capable of telling accurate sunrise and sunset times in over 400 locations across the globe to ensure you are never caught in the dark.
Some must-know features are dual time telling, a date window and alarm, the ability to provide water depth accurate readings, to predict the weather ahead of time, and can function in about 5 languages.
- It comes in about 10 different colors
- It has a two years warranty, but with proper care, it will last more than several years.
- Durable, sturdy, and comfortable watch built to survive the great outdoors
- Ability to measure sea pressure, and temperature changes and record the weather for 7 days
- Very lightweight and water-resistant up to 100 feet
- The strap is removable and can be changed
- Not a great device for any underwater activity
For adventures looking to start ahead of their environment while exploring remote places across the globe, you need to consider the Suunto Core – SS04279010 will pass through water and fire without disappointing you.
4. Citizen Men’s Eco-Drive Titanium Travel Watch – Best luxury travel watch
It looks like your normal chronograph water with multiple knobs and a silver chain strap with a black dial and silver hands for contrast. This travel watch by Citizen is among the best atomic travel watches on the market.
The elegant silver stainless steel construction is a 42mm wide and 13mm thick titanium case that is scratch resistant with an anti-reflective sapphire dial window with three chronograph subdials.
Employs the Japanese quartz movement with analog displays with radio-controlled sync with 26 world time zones as you move around the world.
The stainless steel silver metallic strap is 7.5 inches long and a 24mm wide bracelet with a fold-over clasp double push closure button. Certified water-resistant up to 200m for all water activities except deep diving and scuba diving.
- Watches can recharge in natural or artificial light
- Eco-friendly technology causes no emission or danger to the environment
- Atomic timekeeping for accuracy and precise time-telling always
- Have an alarm, AM/PM indicator, and a power reserve alert button
- It uses both solar and battery to stay charged for months
- Not for diving
The Citizen Eco-Drive AT4010-50E is the perfect travel or outdoor watch to keep you stylish and smart as you run around the globe.
The million and one features are easy to control; an easy recharge system makes this the go-to travel watch. Sensing time zones in over 28 countries is another reason Citizen is great. Whether using a radio signal or controlling it manually, you will never be late for anything again.
At the time of our research on “best watch for travel,” we found a video about “33 Little-Known Airport Facts to Travel Easier” worth watching. 🤴🏆
5. Tissot Seastar 1000 Men’s Travel Watch – Best digital travel watch
What is not to like about this watch? Bold, well-crafted, stainless silver body, chronograph design, with a big black Seastar engraved strap for a comfortable fit, is what you get with this elegant, stylish watch.
With that said, Tissot Seastar has over one and a half-century experience in making wristwatches, and this watch doesn’t fail to deliver on the promise to tell time accurately in time zones around the globe.
The watch surface is a beautifully designed 42mm wide, and 13.3mm thick stainless steel body and case Sports style watch with three knobs and a scratch-proof sapphire top for clarity with a date display window at the 4 o’clock mark.
Other special features on the watch are the chronograph dial, the ability to laminate in the dark and to measure time in the smallest of seconds of accuracy. The strap is a black 22mm thick standard length men’s watch with the brand name engraved in the middle for some added volume and thickness.
The luminous hands make the Tissot Seastar 1000 readable in low lighting, poor lighting, or dark areas like during diving. It is water-resistant up to 300 meters, making it excellent for diving, and it comes with a helium release valve to depressurize the water to work efficiently underwater.
- Excellent water watch
- Great performance and operation watch for every journey
- Good design for a travel watch
- Not very durable for all weathers and terrains
- It cannot withstand a tough beating like other travel watches
Despite the negatives attached to this watch, the Tissot Seastar 1000 is a great travel and water watch with the ability to function well on land and in water without affecting the watch’s performance.
6. Samsung Gera S3 Frontier – Best smart watch for travel
With technology changing the way we tell time, having a smartwatch will boost the smoothness of every journey.
The Samsung Gear S3 is a very tech watch, connecting via Bluetooth with your phone or a Wi-Fi system to allow you to receive text, email, send messages, or do other activities you can do without reaching for the phone.
- It comes with an in-built microphone and speaker to make or answer calls hands-free.
- It also comes with an in-built GPS feature that allows you to track down a location without asking too many questions in a foreign land.
- Keep fit and count your steps to a healthy lifestyle with the in-built heart rate monitor and fitness trackers.
- Although not an ABC watch, the rotating bezel surface allows you to find your direction when hiking or venturing into unknown spaces for the fun of it.
- Easy to use
- Thick black strap with buckle style insert lock
- Durable and well-built
- An Excellent travel wristwatch to keep track of the time and your work
- Water-resistant but only at depths of 5 meters
- You can get addicted to the features on this watch
- Not good for any water sport that involves spending more time in the water
We couldn’t draw up a traveler’s watch list and not have a smartwatch like the Samsung Gear S3 watch. Packed with beautiful features and a simple, elegant design, this is one watch that will travel with you and up your style with this powerful gadget around your wrist.
7. Garmin Main 23434 Forerunner 35 Travel Watch
One of the biggest hurdles of traveling does not know how to get to your destination on the ground. When choosing a watch, it has become paramount for the traveler to ensure that the watch has a GPS or an easily readable compass.
The Garmin 23434 is one excellent product built with all the features you need on the road. A great outdoor watch will keep you on track to and fro your destination while keeping you on time for all activities.
- The forerunner 35 is more like an athletic watch hence a perfect watch for runners or fitness, hikers, and adventurist who love the outdoors more.
- It can capture the stats on your phone without losing the necessary data.
- High-quality wristwatch with various in-built features
- High-resolution display screen with multiple functionalities
- Great fitness companion, especially for runners
- Lightweight, affordable and durable
- Not good for water sports
The Garmin 23434 Forerunner 35 is an excellent smartwatch for people who love the outdoors, but if you are purchasing the watch as a regular watch, this might not be what you need. A simple, affordable, and stylish watch keeps you on track every time.
8. Seiko Men’s Beige Solar Watch with Nylon Strap
The Seiko SNE331 is a very simple and functional Japanese brand watch powered by the sun’s energy, so you don’t have to worry about battery problems again. The military-style designed watch is meant for the outdoors or casual use.
At a reasonable price, the watch has proven to be the one to beat for travelers looking for something easy and comfortable without breaking the bank.
The 42mm wide and 10mm thick stainless steel case has an on-turn knob with a calendar window at the 3 o’clock spot with a very bold Arabic numeral at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 digits, while simple lines represent the rest.
The dial surface is a black color that contrasts the silver hue of the hour and minute hand but also the body of the watch.
It comes in different colors 22mm nylon dress strap with latches as locks to fully adopt the full military style the brand is going for. Furthermore, the strap is easily removable, allowing you to suit up in style with matching color straps.
The Seiko SNE331 has a 100 meters water-resistant rating, so don’t worry if you are drenched in the rain or decide to go swimming with your watch. However, we advise limiting the number of times you interact with water to increase its longevity.
- Affordable and stylish
- Powered by the sun and light
- The low scratch-resistant mineral crystal glass surface
- Cool matured military-style watch for either casual dressing or the great outdoors
- Simple yet well-designed and elegant
- It uses a solar quartz movement, the Seiko Caliber V158
- Excellent accuracy at +- 15 seconds monthly
- The battery has a reserve power of 10 months
- The mineral glass is liable to scratch, which takes away from the beauty
Seiko is a good watch, and the SNE331E has proven worth the price. Although it can’t be compared with other travel watches, if you want a watch for regular outings and one to rock when on the trail, Seiko is here to rescue you and, even better, all for a price that would break the bank.
9. Casio Edifice Quartz Stainless steel Strap Men’s Watch
This classic style chronograph quartz wristwatch with a silver stainless steel bracelet strap is the perfect company on any journey – professional or casual.
The Casio Edifice EQS-800 is a solar chronograph that has enhanced the charging technology, so you are sure your watch will always have a reserve charge to do all you need.
- Casio Edifice is a very attractive watch that suits every outfit and event; a 44mm wide and 13mm thick stainless steel case has a black and blue dial with a scratched less mineral glass, making the watch look good.
- Its silver steel bracelet-style strap is 10 inches long and 20mm thick with a fold-over clasp lock.
- The Casio Edifice’s classic black and blue dial glow in the dark. The date window is between the 4 o’clock and 5 o’clock mark and with three chronograph dials – one for monitoring the solar charge level, the date display, and a stopwatch.
- The Edifice has a 100meter water-resistant rating suitable for most water activities such as swimming, showering, and snorkeling, but don’t go diving as it does have an air release for the pressure build-up.
- In addition, the best feature of this watch is the ability to adjust the time when you enter or move from time zones; you can also set another time zone in advance if you will be entering another one.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Casio Edifice Quartz Stainless steel Strap Men’s Watch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Travel Watch in 2022.
- Durable, sturdy, and well-crafted travel watch
- Excellent for casual or corporate affairs
- It is compatible with your Android device
- The watches self charges itself as long as the sun is up
- A glow dial allows you to see in the dark
- Quartz analog movement
- Customers complain the watch is too large
- It is neither a fitness watch nor a smartwatch
The Casio Edifice EQB-800CBD-1BVCF is the perfect companion on a plane or the ground. The simple but necessary features on this watch and the exquisite mechanism make it a stand-out watch any time and day.
Our list will not be complete without a watch for the lady traveler. Our pick is from a watch manufacturer that knows how to make simple look sophisticated, sassy, and sexy for the woman on the go.
10. Timex Woman Quartz Analog Lady Travel Watch
Beautiful, simple, elegant, and mature are some of the words that describe this watch, but the Timex watch might not look chic; its plain-Jane appearance is what makes it sturdy, resilient, and ready to take on any terrain.
Below are some of the features of the Timex Woman Quartz Analog Lady Travel Watch that earned it a spot in our list of Best Travel Watch in 2022.
This well-designed watch is a 25mm wide and 8mm thick brass and lightweight watch that sit on your wrist without powering it. The interior white dial is occupied with bold Arabic numerals with a date window located at the 3 o’clock button.
The strap is genuine calfskin leather with patterns 12mm thick with the standard length for a woman’s watch and uses the standard buckle closure for a comfortable fit.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Timex Woman Quartz Analog Lady Travel Watch that earned it a spot in our list of best travel watch cases.
- It is water-resistant up to 30 meters –it can withstand rain and some showers but no water activity such as swimming, diving, or showering with it.
- Easy to read dials with bold numerals
- Excellent design with a beautiful finish
- Ability to see in the dark with the Indiglo backlight technology
- Battery life for up to 10 years
- Scratch-resistant glass cover
- Analog quartz movement
- The date needs constant adjusting
- The tick-tock sound is too loud for some
Looking for a female watch that is comfortable, professional, and lightweight, the Timex for ladies is your best bet. Furthermore, the simplistic design didn’t compromise on quality or functionality.
Buying Guide for a Best Travel Watch
Jewelry is the most counterfeited product on the market; you can get pulled by a vendor in the Orient offering you a ridiculous price for a luxury watch- don’t be tempted because you will waste money, and people with a good eye for watches will know it’s fake.
To avoid falling victim to such incidents, have the following steps in your head before buying one.
- Is the brand well known, or how genuine is it? You may not know all the watch brands, but Google will certainly help you with that.
- Good watches are expensive, but we have beautifully crafted watches from a good brand at a bargain – choose the model with a name.
- Always check the price of the same watch from other stores – if they are the same, the difference won’t be too much.
- Always bargain the price.
- Buy what you love, not because a friend has it or you like the advert (or maybe)
- Check the servicing and maintenance costs before paying for a watch. Some can be very expensive to maintain.
Best Travel Watch: What To Consider
World time zones: your travel watch should automatically react to a change in time and react accordingly due to satellite and radio signals. Some watches allow you to set it manually with ease.
Chronometer: allows your watch to produce accurate time as 1/1000th of a second
GPS and Tracking device: as a traveler, tracking and GPS are very important. GPS is excellent for hiking or searching for a location, or even exercising like walking
It should be water-resistant: most travel watches are water-resistant, and because watches are easy to steal or get misplaced, having one that will enjoy all your adventures, including water activity, is spot on. Please check the water rating; else, you risk damaging the watch.
The ability to charge: the battery is the main drawback of many watches; ensure that your watch has an alternative charging source or go for solar-powered watches.
The make and model: this might not be important, but for professionals and business travelers, there is nothing better than a watch representing your style, attitude, and personality.
📗 FAQs on Best Travel Watch
Below are a few queries on Best Travel Watch that everyone is expecting to answer, and I did include the same for my readers.
What is the best smartwatch for travel?
If you are looking forward to traveling with a smartwatch, there are several amazing watches on the market now. You can opt for Fitbit Charge 3, Apple Watch Series 4, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, Tissot Analogue Quartz, Garmin Fenix 3, and Nixon Base Tide.
What is a travel watch?
A travel watch helps you track your safety and time and adds a style quotient to your travel. Smartwatches have various features to track notifications, messages, weather, direction, and calls during your travel.
What automatic watch keeps the best time?
An accurate watch helps you keep track of the right time. If you are looking for the best automatic and accurate watch, you can opt for Zenith El Primero, Jaeger LeCoultre Master Grande, Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda, and Furlan Marri.
Which is the best watch of all time?
There are various parameters for selecting a watch, and the best watch depends on your requirements.
According to user ratings, some of the iconic watches you can go for are Cartier Santos, Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso, IWC Pilot’s watch, Patek Philippe perpetual Calendar chronograph, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Submariner, and Omega Speedmaster.
What is the #1 smartwatch in the world?
Various companies make quality watches that sell to millions across the globe. According to global revenues, Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Fitbit, Imoo, Amazfit, Garmin, and Fossil are the market leaders in smartwatches.
What works better than a Fitbit?
Suppose you are looking for an alternative to Fitbit to keep track of your health. In that case, there are various options like Garmin Vivosmart 4, Amazon Halo View, Engerwall Fitness tracker, Apple Watch Series 7, Spade and company Health smartwatch, Whoop strap, and Garmin Fenix 3.
Watches are accessories worth investing in; a good watch will last for decades and help you make great memories. The watches listed here are some of the best travel watches that will accompany you anywhere on the planet. Get a watch today; you will enjoy it.