This is a complete buyer’s guide to Best Turntable Under 300 $ in 2021. 🤴
The best part?
We bought the 17 Turntable Under 300 $ available in the current market and reviewed them based on Cartridge Quality, Upgradability, Separated Motors, Vibration Absorbing Feature, Budget, and durability in Setting up a turntable.
And, finally came to 9 Of The Best Turntable Under 300 $ to our readers. 📗
So without further ado, Let’s dive right in. 🎭
With Vinyl records making the kind of comeback they are now, you definitely want to have the best turntable sitting pretty while you settle in and listen to smooth audio come out of it. To dedicated audiophiles, turntables never really lost their relevance, people just got distracted by the emergence of digital audio equipment for a while.
Whether you have been a dedicated audiophile, or you are just now building a taste for listening to vinyl records, you should know that with the right turntable as your companion you can’t go wrong.
But how do you know what turntable to buy? More importantly, how do you know the best turntable under $300 among the different ones in the market? Simple, by reading through this article.
We know that buying a turntable can get overwhelming, you are wondering how much you should spend on your turntable, what features make a turntable one of the best, and what you can take as a guide for buying turntables.
Therefore, this article contains a list of the best ten turntables you can buy below $300 and also includes a buyers’ guide that tells you important things you need to know when buying a turntable.
There are expensive turntables that cost close to $1000 and there are cheap turntables that cost below that, and with a $300 budget, you can still get a good turntable.
All you need to do is know what you are looking for and where to look and these 10 are the perfect place to start.
Best Turntable Under 300 $: Our Top Picks 👌👌
1. Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB
Coming in just slightly below the $300 budget, you can say that the Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB is a steal. With this turntable, you can do more than just listen to the audio from your vinyl records, you can also digitize the sound as well.
With an inbuilt preamp to help you when you decide to use it with an amplifier, the aluminum record platter, an adapter to help play 45 rpm records, and many other appealing features, it is easy to see why this turntable is one of the best.
This turntable is handy for any kind of audiophile, even if you are a DJ. Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB is the best turntable under 300 $ list.
Below are some of the features of the Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- It is a direct drive turntable
- It has an S-shaped tonearm
- It has an inbuilt phono amp for when you want to connect it to amplifiers
- This turntable can play records 331/3, 45, and 78 rpm speed
- It is a manually operated turntable
- The material of the platter is die-cast aluminum
- It has USB ports
- The turntable weighs 10kg
- It comes with a limited warranty from the manufacturer for 1 year.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- It is within the $300 budget
- Amplifying the sound with this turntable is easy since it comes with a preamp, making the function plug and play.
- The USB port helps to be able to convert sound from any record playing to digital sound
- There is a holder for the 45rpm adapter on the plinth of the turntable
- Noiseless operation of the drive when listening to records
- Clear sound production
- Slightly noisy recordings were observed when songs were recorded with the USB cable
- Heavy and therefore cannot be carried around
Unfortunately, this turntable does not allow you to carry it around because of the weight but considering that it is a manual turntable, it is a better idea to have it in one place.
2. Fluance RT81
If you are just now developing a taste for the Vinyl record, and you have $300 for a turntable, the Fluance is a great buy for starters. The Fluance RT81 is one of the better ones from Fluance, and with good specs and performance as well.
With the wooden plinth and simple design, there is no doubt that this turntable will take you back to a period of smooth vintage sophisticated music. But what puts the RT81 on this list is not just the aesthetics but the quality of sound that comes out of this thing.
If you have a record where you want to be able to hear the beats and the words sound as heavy as the artist intended to, you should consider this turntable which makes it put in our best turntable under 300 $ list.
Below are some of the features of the Fluance RT81 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- Fluance RT81 uses a belt drive
- It has an S-shaped plastic tonearm
- It costs $250
- It has a wooden finish
- It has an inbuilt pre-amp controlled by a back switch
- It has an aluminum platter
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Fluance RT81 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- It is incredibly easy to couple together and starts using
- It has an inbuilt pre-amp which makes amplifying the sound easier
- The wooden finish adds elegance to the design
- Clear sound
- Ideal turntable for beginners
- It is well within the $300 budget
- It uses a belt drive which
- The auto-off does not actually turn off the record playing, it continues spinning until you do it manually
Notes:- The inbuilt pre-amp may not be all that in terms of sound quality, but then you can buy a good quality tonearm for $100 and use it for better quality amplified sound.
At the time of our research on Best Turntable Under 300 $, we found a video about “What Your Favorite Music Says About Your Personality” which is worth watching.
3. Pioneer PL-30-K Audiophile Stereo
From a reputable brand for turntables (one that audiophiles respect), the Pioneer PL-30-K is a top budget turntable that just fits snugly into the $300 budget with its $299 price tag.
After running a test on the PL-30-K, it is easy to see why Pioneer is such a big turntable brand, only because they know how to focus on what really matters.
This turntable puts cartridge quality as a top priority giving stability and low surface noise for better audio quality. You unbox a high-quality budget turntable when you buy the PL-30-K.
Below are some of the features of the Pioneer PL-30-K Audiophile Stereo that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- It has an auto-off function
- It has a moving magnet cartridge
- It plays two record sizes of 33 1/3rpm and 45 rpm
- The power consumption of the turntable is 2W
- It weighs 5,6 kg
- It has a flutter of 0.1% which is low
- The signal to noise ratio of the turntable is 60db
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Pioneer PL-30-K Audiophile Stereo that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- The lightweight makes it possible to carry it around especially for DJs
- Durable tonearm with aluminum die-cast material and sufficient counterweight
- The resulting sound from the turntable is stable and with very low noise which is top quality for a budget turntable
- The automatic turn off works perfectly and removes the tonearm from the disk to its rest position at the end of a record
- Setting up the PL-30-K is easy and it makes it convenient for newbies to use within a short time of buying
- It is within the budget of $300
- It has a heavy cartridge force
- It doesn’t have a USB port hence connecting it to digital devices like your phone is not an option
Notes:- this turntable is not high-end when comparing generally, but for the price and the budget, it is pretty amazing quality making it among the best of the budget turntables out there.
4. House of Marley
If you are wondering why there is a ‘Marley’ in the name of this turntable, it is because the brand is by the legend’s (Bob Marley) son. and this turntable being on this list is not owing to the past glory of Bob Marley but actually because the quality of this turntable is an absolute wow (to be honest, you can’t expect any less when you hear the name, Marley).
This turntable boasts of being affordable, convenient, and pleasing to the senses (aesthetically and auditory). Before you even start to bask in the warmth of the sound from this turntable you cannot help appreciating the materials used.
With a sleek wooden bamboo finish on the top and the sides covered with a cloth made from the hemp plant, recycled cotton, and recycled plastic, this is bothering line Marley genius which doesn’t end in aesthetics but translates to audio quality.
Below are some of the features of the House of Marley that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- The use of sustainable materials is commendable
- It has a USB output for connection to digital devices
- There is an inbuilt headphone jack if you prefer more private listening
- It has an RCA output
- The turntable is compatible with two disk speeds of 33 1/3rpm and 45rpm
- It has an audio technical moving magnet cartridge
- It uses a belt drive
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the House of Marley that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- Highly noticeable is the environmentally sustainable materials used for the body of the turntable
- It has an audio jack which makes it possible to listen with headphones
- The USB port allows you to copy sound from the record paying into your digital device for later listening
- Overall attractive design
- Cheap price while still offering value
- It gives off good rich sounds when you use it on the medium volume option
- You can upgrade the cartridge
- There is a switch to alternate between the disc speeds
- The turntable does not pack on extra features
- Does not sound as rich when used at maximum volume.
Notes:- This turntable is generally a good buy, especially for the price. The fact that it is upgradable, allows you to improve the performance to an extent by spending a little extra. The sustainable materials used are perhaps the deal-breaker and for high volume listen, connect an external amplifier instead.
5. Reloop RP-2000_MK2
At number 5 is something specifically for DJs. Yes, some of the others before could perform well enough for DJs but this one is built more specifically for DJs than for audiophiles.
If you are just starting out and you cannot wait to mix sounds and get your hands on some scratching action, then here is a perfect entry. At below $300, this budget turntable is a wonder and a perfect companion if you are taking baby DJ steps.
Reloop has given us some good budget-friendly turntables, and the MK2 features on this list as one of the best of them all the direct-drive turntable with higher torque and more pitch control is something to be desired.
Below are some of the features of the Reloop RP-2000_MK2 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- The adjustable pitch range of +/- 8%
- The Reloop RP-2000-MK2 is a direct drive turntable
- It has an S-shaped tonearm with good ant skating and hydraulic lift
- Good base for absorbing vibrations and shock
- It uses a brushless motor
- The signal to noise ratio of the turntable is greater than 50db
- Wow and flutter is less than 0.15%
- It has a durable aluminum die-cast platter
- The power consumption of this turntable is at 13Watts
- It weighs 67 kg
- It uses 33 1/3 and 45 rpm speed record discs
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Reloop RP-2000_MK2 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- It is perfect for new DJs to start with
- It has interesting features that got upgraded compared to the previous version.
- The anti-shock base helps to produce better sound
- The design is impressive, making it look more expensive than it actually is
- Good precision in the pitch because of the improved increase in pitch range
- It is an affordable DJ turntable
- The performance and features are amateur DJ level
- After a while, the pitch accuracy reduces.
Notes:- the reason why this turntable is marketed as a beginner DJ turntable is that it focuses on the needs of an entry-level DJ. However, the more experienced you get, you begin to demand more. A good thing is it actually provides value for its price.
6. U-Turn Audio Orbit Plus
A turntable made by actual audiophiles who care about affordability. There is no wonder the U-Turn falls within this list; given that it was built to not only offer good audio quality from a turntable but also to come close to the purchasing power of those on a budget.
The U-orbit boasts of good construction for the turntable and elegant design, good quality sound. However, this turntable was not built for entry-level audiophiles because it takes some getting used to in order to start using it because of the manual functions.
However, if you have the patience, or you have used a turntable before, there is nothing to worry about, just allow yourself to fall in love with this beautiful creation.
Below are some of the features of the U-Turn Audio Orbit Plus that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- It is a belt-drive turntable
- You get to choose between 5 different cartridges in the order, depending on which best suits you. However, by default, it uses the Ortofon OM5E cartridge.
- You can decide to go with or without a cueing lever
- Inbuilt phono amp is based on your preference
- Gives customizing options
- It works with 33 1/3 and 45rpm disc speeds
- It comes with 2 years warranty from U-Turn manufacturers
- It comes with an RCA cable, a dust cover, felt mat, and AC adapter in the box
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the U-Turn Audio Orbit Plus that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- It gives off a more defined sound, arguably one of the best on this list
- The pre-set parts from the manufacturer allow you to start using it in a short time after buying
- You get different color options that many others do not give
- The parts are upgradable in case you decide you want more out of your turntable experience
- Highly positive reviews by users
- You get the option to customize the turntable to suit you by deciding on or against different features like the cartridge, the platter material, the cue lever, and the phono pre-amp
- The turntable is more convenient if you already know some things about turntables to help you to know what features to select.
- Your customization affects the price and it can end up being above your budget
Notes:- It is clear that this turntable was built with one thing in mind; quality sound. And if you love to control what you get and you know a thing or two that will make your turntable better, then you will appreciate the customizable options of this U-Turn audio orbit plus.
7. Music Hall MMF 2.2
This Music hall MMF 2.2 is definitely one of the best turntables you get below $300 and is an absolute delight to new audiophiles.
The fact that you get good quality and clear sound irrespective of the record speed you play, speaks of consistency that is not so easy to find for this price range. In addition, the turntable is made beautiful with good quality parts to give you good features and performance.
Below are some of the features of the Music Hall MMF 2.2 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- It is a belt-driven turntable that operates manually
- It comes with a felt mat made from an alloy platter
- The turntable comes with a pre-mounted moving magnet phono cartridge
- It has a separate/isolated motor to reduce vibration and noise
- It plays vinyl records of 33 1/3 and 45rpm speeds
- It has an elliptical stylus which is replaceable
- Inbuilt gold plated RCA connectors
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Music Hall MMF 2.2 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- It is very affordable with a $300 budget
- Aesthetically appealing turntable whether you order the white or the black variant
- The cartridge is of good quality isolated motor helps to eliminate the noise and makes for clearer sound
- Leveling the turntable is easier with an adjustable felt bearing
- It comes with a manual
- The clarity in the quality of sound produced
- You do not have so much control over the features and the sound production
- It may take a while to set it up because of leveling and balancing the tonearm.
Notes:- it is understandable why you want to start playing your record immediately you get one of these, but the Music Hall MMF 2.2 requires that you take a while to set it up. After that, you get good quality sound that you barely feel sad about the lack of control over sound quality.
8. TEAC TN-300
The TEAC TN-300 is a great turntable for the money and rates highly on sound quality. In all fairness, if what attracts you to Vinyl records and turntables is the sound quality, then you are the right market for this turntable.
Because it is obvious that the Texas brand focused on sound quality while sticking to a minimalist yet stylish design for this one.
Below are some of the features of the TEAC TN-300 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- TEAC Tn-300 uses a manual belt drive
- It plays vinyl record speeds of 33 1/3 and 45rpm
- Available USB output
- It comes with an Audio Technica moving magnet cartridge (AT-95SE)
- Available dust cover
- It has an attractive design
- A platter is made of aluminum die-cast material
- It has gold plated RCA connectors to be used with amplifiers
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the TEAC TN-300 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Turntable Under 300 $ to get in 2021.
- Very affordable
- High-quality sound
- It is an impressive turntable by the TEAC brand
- You get different color options
- The dust cover helps to preserve your records
- The minimalist design is easy to understand
- It can be used by beginner audiophiles
- The USB port makes it possible for the digital transfer of songs from records.
- Not so much with extra features
- It doesn’t have an audio jack hence private listening is not possible
- It is manually operated
Notes:- There is a lot to say about the sound quality of this turntable and if you prefer a simple minimalist design, then this TEAC TN-300 is ideal for you.
Other turntables that are within the $300 budget and perform well enough to be in this list are the StantonT92, Pro-Ject Debut III and Audio Technica AT-LP3BK
Best Turntable Under 300 $: What To Consider
Because of the recent popularity, turntables have witnessed a new category of patronage that has resulted in a recent rake-up of sales. Many beginners don’t know what exactly to look out for in a turntable to help them make a good choice.
Well if this is you then thank your stars because below is a solution broken down and summarized in a way that will take only a few minutes to take you from amateur to a higher beginner (or you can say intermediate).
the cartridge of your turntable is so important, that with time that is one of the first things you would look out for in a turntable. Your cartridge helps to transmit vibration picked up by the stylus and when it does this kind of job, you need to settle for the best.
It is important to get turntables with an upgradable cartridge in case of wear or in case you need a better sound quality. Also whether moving magnet or moving coil, what matters is getting a good quality cartridge.
how upgradable your turntable is should be a priority especially when you are working with a budget. Because, most likely with a budget, you plan to move on to a better experience after a while which costs money.
However, if your turntable allows you to upgrade a few parts, you can end up getting better quality sound while spending less rather than having to buy a whole new turntable.
Vinyl is highly rated because of its ability to pick up little details in sound and transfer it. Now imagine while you are picking up details on the record you are also picking up sound from the motor, this clusters the audio output. A separate motor ensures that there is less interruption with the sound that is being transmitted.
Vibration Absorbing Feature:-
Because it uses a mobile motor, there are vibrations from the turntable itself that often gets transmitted into the audio output. Not to mention that it messes up with the leveling you might have done to set it up.
This is controlled with the help of an anti-vibration material at the base of the turntable (a mat). It is important to check for what your turntable does about vibrations to make it less disturbing.
Turntables are notorious for being expensive, but with more people taking to them, brands are beginning to produce budget options with the least compromise on sound quality. Even though high-end turntable generally costs higher, you should get the best that your budget offers.
Setting up a turntable takes time and can be a little tasking especially if you haven’t done it before. Therefore, the more pre-assembled features you get, the easier it is for you.
You know when audiophiles approach you with some sort of snobbish air because they consider themselves the elites of a sound lover, then all of a sudden you want to have a pretty turntable sitting in your apartment so that you can have a feel of what makes them feel so extra.
At a point, you had to drill a pill in your pockets to that, but with this list of budget-friendly turntables that fits comfortably in your $300 budget, you can now enjoy the sound quality that used to be exclusive to a high class.