Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Video Camera For Sports to buy in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out.
You’ll always have those important moments during a football match, a volleyball tournament, or some other chosen sport that you love. Those moments are remarkable, and you’ll always want to relish the events- in the future.
This is particularly true for family members who are active sports participants, and it is common to hear them tell you to come along with the video camera when you’re coming to watch them play.
Now, it is important that those cherished moments are well captured using the best products designed for such purposes, otherwise, the objective would be somewhat defeated.
On another hand, sports reporters and journalists, need to make sure that every important view of the matches they’re covering is well taken. Having good visuals to back up the story, makes the sports journalist’s work easier, as well as fascinate their audience to the reporting methods or style.
In view of this, it is important to specifically buy the best video camera for sports, so as to achieve the desired sport cinematography outputs. Since you wouldn’t love the visuals if they’re blurred or not as detailed as they should be, it is important to go for the video cameras that meet the specifications for the type of sports coverage you’re participating in.
Remember that in recording sports visuals, you’ll need a video camera that is good enough- especially in terms of its ability to capture events in motion. Finding and knowing the right ones may not come easy for some people- since you probably don’t know so much about video cameras and what their ideal output specifications should be. This is why this review intends to list out the best video camera for sports that you’ll enjoy using.
Below is a list of the best video cameras for sports in 2019, together with their specifications outputs, and other characteristics to expect. Note that the list is not arranged according to an order of superiority or importance.
Here is The List Of Best Video Camera For Sports To Buy in 2019
1. Nikon D3300 24.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera
The Nikon D3300 digital SLR is a rugged videography beast for taking objects in high motion. This camera is not just about being structurally appealing alone, but about being strong and functional for every time you need to use it.
Truly, the product carries every aptness and ingenuity that has been the trademark qualities of Nikon video camera products. As it stands this is one of the best video camera for sports in 2019, that has captured more market interest and popularity, over the past few months now. You’ll be particularly satisfied with the product’s strong durable body format, and its ability to wow you with such an important output quality.
This 3.86 × 2.99×4.88 dimensioned machine, has a tendency to record the fastest scenes of sports- even if the persons were running too quickly, or they were grossly involved in the most exciting action at a time. You wouldn’t be disappointed by the Nikon D3300’s ability to produce the events just like they happened, and with a remarkable sharpness quality.
Note that the product comes with a 24.2 megapixel CMOS format sensor, while the resolution is maximum at 1080p full high definition. Due to its ability to capture visuals in pretty low lights, this video camera would capture events to an ISO 25600 expandable capacity. The camera has an angle lens that is 52mm wide, and a useful 11 point autofocus juncture- which allows you to adjust recording clarity and boldness.
Other important components on the product that you would find useful are the HDMI ports, for easier connectivity and transfer of files between devices. Hence, there are no problems, if you need to transfer the recorded files to a friend or someone who needs it.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Nikon D3300 24.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera.
- The video camera has a great structure that you would love to handle
- It is still one of the lightest and most portable cameras that can be conveniently used for such a purpose as this.
- It is non-complex to operate, hence it can be easily operated by almost all categories of potential users- whether professional or beginner.
- The output performance is superb and clear; such that you’ll definitely love.
- Quick file transfers are facilitated by the product’s HDMI provision
- The video camera has a relatively low pass filter, which could have affected display quality.
2. Canon EOS 1200D DSLR 18-55mm
This is the sports video camera to love because everything seems just perfect in its build and function. There are no dull video capture moments with the Canon EOS 1200D DSLR, which comes with a quality image display that is undisputedly top notch.
So, even if the players in action seem too fast and you don’t know how you’re going to take a good video, the Canon EOS 1200D comes to a real rescue with its high-performance levels.
Majority of precious users have mentioned how useful this product is for capturing great sports pictures and videos. Consequently, the product also has a generally good rating, which helps it maintain the lead as a product that truly fits into the category of the best video camera for sports.
The camera’s angle lens has a 55mm dimension, with a great ability to adjust to the surrounding light intensity. Hence, you’re likely to always have output pictures or videos that are at least above average quality, for every time you use the product. Now, even if the tournament you’re videoing lasts late into the evening, you would still be able to get good shots of the action, courtesy the Canon EOS 1200D.
What this video camera does, is to auto adjust to the conditions in wh8ch you’re trying to use it any particular time, so as to ensure that quality is delivered. So don’t be surprised sometimes, if the camera readjusts a previous setting that was used.
All video recordings on this product, are captured and displayed in full HD formats, making it that perfect choice for making your sports movie story. The Canon EOS 1200D DLSR provides users with great value for their money, and there are just no regrets with this one.
- The camera has a great sturdy design and is not unreasonably large in size
- It promises great imagery and video capture for all time
- The camera is easy to use and does not involve any technicalities or too much reliance on the manufacturer’s user guide.
- It is easy to maintain, as it does not come with any fragile or conspicuously delicate parts
- Can be easy keeping your everyday bag, and used at any time
- The camera’s battery cell charging has special requirements.
3. GoPro Hero-5 Black Video Camera
If you’re looking for a relatively price friendly, but high-level performance best video camera for sports, then you should probably consider the GoPro Hero-5. The fact that this product is one of the least prices on the market, does not affect its relevance on the market- as far as reliability and performance quality is concerned.
There’s a lot to enjoy and explore when you buy the GoPro Hero-5. This camera makes every outdoor event on the track or field, have memorable visuals that you’ll always cherish and be proud of. Again, note that this camera is one of the simplest to operate, and this too, has not decreased its functionality.
One thing you’ll love about this product is its characteristic waterproof tendency. You reasonably don’t have to worry about your captured moments getting damaged- if it begins to drizzle before you get home. Consequently, this product qualifies as one of the best video camera for sports, that can be used in a moist atmosphere with very little or no resultant damage to the product or the stored contents it holds.
Although the product has more structural components that you need to care about that other cameras for this purpose, it is still, in fact, a good option for people who are always on the go- particularly because of increased ability to withstand moisture.
The GoPro Hero-5 is a wonder videos camera for sports, because of several reasons than one. Note that this camera which is in the low price category has some useful functions that a higher priced product does not come with.
For instance, the camera has the ability to save up contents over cloud storage, which is a great way to show your friends and colleagues, what you were up to over the weekend. Uploading and sharing of contents over the cloud can be seamlessly implemented automatically by the camera, as dependent on the user settings.
You’ll be impressed with this camera’s remarkable low weight, which is just around 0.25 lbs. on the average.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The GoPro Hero-5 Black Video Camera.
- The product comes with a lot of very useful component features that you’ll appreciate
- Display high function performance, much more than what is obtained with some other products in its price category, and at even higher price categories.
- A lightweight video camera that is well portable and suitable for persons on the go
- The camera has a wireless android connectivity module that makes file transfer easy
- The product is waterproofed to a great extent.
- The camera’s video and image output quality may decline or stabilize depending on light intensity. Hence, it may not work best in low lights.
- Some users have mentioned that the protective housing for the product, hinders its easy use.
4. Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85MK Camera
This is one video camera for sports product that stands on a separate great quality and performance class of its own. They are absolutely no regrets with the Panasonic Lumix DMC G85MK, as you’ll get to discover for yourself.
In fact, the product has done well to show some higher level specifications and relevance, than a number of other products that are said to be in its class. This is probably the camera for you. if you’re after the product that has additional positive qualities that makes it stand out from the rest.
The 2.9 × 5.1 × 3.5 inches Panasonic Lumix DMC G85MK allows users to capture 4k ultra HD display recording graphics, at an enormous recording speed of up to 100 megabytes per seconds.
This is a good trait in a camera that is to be used for recording high motion videos- the type you’re most likely to find in sports video recordings. Note, however, that the camera’s full high definition recording capacity is placed at about 60p, at a recording speed of 28 megabytes per seconds.
The video camera’s lens specification on another hand has a massive 12 60mm F/3.5- 5.6 specifications. It is a 16 megapixel and mirror-less camera, which is great specs for the purpose of use.
With these features, you can take both pretty distant and close objects, that would show clearly when you view. When you use this device, what you’ll observe is a model that has been carefully built from start to finish, to ensure that its functions are the best you can get.
Other features to enjoy on the product, is a reduced shutter shock effect, exact object to image quality replication, the DFD ultra-high-speed focusing, a five-axis gyro sensor compensation, amongst others.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85MK Camera.
- Top notch features on the camera, which consequently facilitates production of top-notch sport video outputs.
- At a little above one pound, this product is reasonably lightweight, and hence portable enough.
- Every video and picture output is something to be happy about.
- Has no need for you to follow too many instructions and guidelines before you can effectively use the product.
- Gives you real value for the investment made on it
- Although quite light weighted, it still feels bulkier than some other products.
5. Apeman Action Camera FHD 1080p Wi-Fi Camera
This is one camera that you shouldn’t forget in a hurry because it has the ability to keep you wowed for a long time. The Apeman action camera is truly an action camera, that never slacks in capturing the best of video quality that you can happily keep in your archives- for many years to come.
There are a number of salient reasons why this product conveniently sits amongst the top spots, and the reasons are germane enough. Although the design looks relatively simple and small, this 1.8 × 0.7 ×1.2 inches camera has all that you need to take those sports videos that have real quality.
The first thing to talk about with this Apeman™wonder product is the fact that it comes at a surprisingly cheap price. This is one of the few video cameras with such huge function capacity, that sells for a price below a hundred dollars! Yes, and you’ll still be amazed as to how much a low priced product would come with great specifications that cannot even be matched by some other pricier brands. For instance, the camera comes with a fair 14-megapixel capacity and captures sports videos at full HD, and at a fluence of 30 FPS.
Asides these, Note that this product is also waterproof, so you can almost use it in the rain. Its small size confers it with a handiness that you’ll enjoy as you walk along the stadium passage ways- taking video shoots intermittently. In order to ensure that you get the best use of the camera, the product comes with a detachable battery- which also has a long lasting work life.
Another important feature that cannot be undermined, is the camera’s inbuilt Wi-Fi support, that enables you to connect to surrounding networks- to share and edit videos easily.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Apeman Action Camera FHD 1080p Wi-Fi Camera.
- The Apeman action camera comes with a protective outer case, that can also be used for carrying the video camera.
- The camera allows you to take videos of different formats and modified qualities- as you so wish.
- Simple and small design facilitates easy carriage and uses at different locations
- The product comes with a Wi-Fi connectivity module for enhanced usage of the camera
- The product comes at a pocket-friendly price, much cheaper than other products that have some similar features.
- General functions of the camera may become limited once connected to Wi-Fi. For instance, a resolution may not be adjustable once Wi-Fi is connected.
6. YI 4K Action and Sports Camera
The YI action and sports camera is a good product that confirms that the best video camera for sports, doesn’t have to be of enormous size before it can deliver. This product has one of the smallest builds, although the aesthetic and material designs have conferred some enhanced prestige on it.
Recently, the product got a significant market rise, with more sports lovers going for the product. The preference for the product could have been born out of the fact that it is quite sleek and portable, hence confirming its ease of use at just anywhere. At least, you don’t necessarily need to carry this in a bag- like some heavier models, before you move it about.
The product provides user variability options, thus resolution displays can be at either 4k display at 30fos, or either of 2.7K at 60 FPS, 1080pixels at 120 fps, as well as 720p at 240fps. This camera displays 12mp for lectures and works on the Ambarella A9SE75chipset.
The YI action and sports camera display all of 4k 30fps video recording, with a touchscreen operation function. The screen has a 330ppi screen resolution display, while you’ll be so amazed by the touch screen responsiveness.
Another feature to be proud of on this camera is its 1,400 mAh rechargeable lithium batteries, that can last for a long time. And because the device uses less power consumption, you can be guaranteed to use the camera for up to two hours, before a recharge is needed.
- The camera can be remotely controlled from a long distance.
- Has an impressive 4k 30 full HD video footage
- The YI action and sports camera come with an inbuilt cooling roadmap that ensures that its inner components are preserved.
- The video camera comes with a sleek durable design, that catches anyone’s attention
- Can be controlled via the optimally responsive touchscreen.
- The camera product looks too basic; there is almost no sophistication attached.
7. Sony A3000 Mirrorless Digital Camera 18-55mm Lens
Considering the fact that this product is a Sony™ product, there is a level of quality that you should expect already. However, this video camera for sports recording comes with its own unique style that probably beats whatever quality expectations you may have in mind.
Firstly, the camera is light in weight, hence enhancing important portability for outdoor sports, while it also has a solid impressive grip for easy use. The Sony A3000 comes with a 20megapixel provision with Exmor APS-C sensor for great performance.
Notice the camera’s video and image quality, that are worth sharing with your friends and loved ones. Although there is no Wi-Fi provision on this product, it comes with HDMI connectivity components, as well as the BRAVIA sync compatibility.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Sony A3000 Mirrorless Digital Camera 18-55mm Lens.
- The video camera comes with enormous use features that would make you enjoy its use for all times.
- The output video and image quality is next to none, and you don’t need to worry about those aspects- as far as this product is concerned.
- The camera is some good value for your money spent.
- Lightweight and portable design for easy carriage on your sports tours
- Highly durable product courtesy its highly durable product material
- Some users say that the control system fails intermittently at times
Factors To Consider When Deciding on What Best Video Camera For Sports To Buy
Know that you necessarily need to carefully consider several factors about the best video camera for sports, before finally buying one. This would help you land the right product that is just appropriate for you, and the conditions under which you’re likely to use them.
Consequently, we have found a number of factors that have been discovered to influence people’s choice of camera products, as well as the satisfaction that is derived. These factors should also have input in your decision-making process:
- Price range should essentially agree with your budget
There are different products with different price tags on the markets, and this seems to be so because of the different possible categories of a prospective video camera for sports users.
Consequently, it is important that you’ve decided on a price range that you’re ready to invest in a good camera. Note that being pricey does not necessarily guarantee the usefulness of a camera, as we’ve seen pricey products that are significantly below average specification and output quality.
Hence, once you’ve decided on a price range that you’re ready to invest, the next thing to do is to make a list of the products within the price range. Doing this helps streamline your options down to the product that is just apt for you.
- The video camera’s field of view
The field of view of a video camera for this purpose is important because it determines how far you’re able to view and capture images. Since you may just have to stay on the spectator benches while you take video coverage, you need a camera with a good field of view, so that even distant activities are also well captured.
This tendency on your camera is measured in angles, and the larger the angle view that your video camera is able to take, the better.
- Portability and size of the camera
It is most likely that you’ll find the very heavy video cameras, as well as the light weighted one. Sometimes making a choice between the two weight categories could be a little tasking, especially when other features and specifications are also involved.
For some users, finding a medium sized light weighted video camera is most germane, while others would rather trade these qualities for other specifications that they consider more important. While good size and portability ensure you’re able to use the device conveniently and almost anytime, you need to essentially decide what your preferences really are, and let this be the major determinants.
- The camera resolution and the inbuilt frame rate
This is another factor you don’t want to joke with since it has a lot to do with how much you’re going to enjoy using your video camera. The frame rate and resolution are a direct determinant of the footage quality and clarity respectively, of every sports video you’re capturing. And considering the fact that many of the visuals that you’ll be taking are those in motion, you need good footage and clarity, if you’re going to love the outputs.
- Memory storage capacity
You know you need sufficient space to store up recorded files, so it would be quite unreasonable to buy a product that has limited storage space and does not allow you expand it through the use of a memory card.
Some cameras come with pretty huge space, but it is still good that you buy the one that allows you to insert external storage.
Finding the best video camera for sports shouldn’t take so many efforts before you’re able to decide on the best one for you. Always remember that it is important to check most of the details on a product, to see which one truly matches with your own requirements.