Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Wireless Subwoofer to buy in 2022? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay, let’s find out. 👓
Many homes have one kind of speaker or the other, specifically to suit their amplification needs. However, not all these speakers have amazing features like subwoofers.
Most of us like that rumbling yet intense bass sound. The ones that hit your very core. Sadly, not all speakers can depict this sound beautifully, hence the need for one that can arise.
In case you’re wondering, a subwoofer is only a loudspeaker that is complete in every way. Its sole purpose is to reproduce the bass and sub-bass audio frequencies, even if they are low-pitched. These devices are also found in homes, cars, or music studios.
They are best connected to your home theatres as separate units or used as car speakers, so you can feel that reggae beat while cruising on the fast lane.
The best subwoofers are wireless. Not just because they are more convenient as they prevent you from tripping over the wires, but because wireless connectivity offers a wider frequency dimension for reproduction. They are equally proprietary and very flexible.
Now that you understand the traits of a wireless subwoofer, we can highlight the best ones in the market today.
These subwoofers are listed based on pricing, functionality, customer review, and general effectiveness.
Let’s take a look. In no particular order do we have:
Best Wireless Subwoofer – Our Top Picks👌👌
1. Sonos Sub
This beautifully shaped wireless subwoofer has a futuristic design to it. Available in black and white, it will surely take your music over the edge and your décor.
Unlike other bulky subwoofers, the Sonos Sub requires very little from you. You get to place it wherever you want without altering its amplification.
It’s important to note that this $628.99 wireless subwoofer has managed to maintain a 5-star rating despite its other counterparts. Want to know what makes it so special?
This piece of beauty adds a more dramatic bass to any Sonos wireless speaker nearby. You’ll get to hear parts of songs you have never heard before.
It can wirelessly connect to Playbar, Beam, One, Plabase, Play:1, Play:3, and Play:5. It can also be connected to Connect: Amp, which makes it highly flexible and makes it perfectly fit in our best wireless subwoofer 2022 lists.
At 35.3 pounds, it has two force-canceling speaker drivers positioned face-to-face. It is resistant to humidity. One of its most impressive features is its ability to connect to Amazon’s Alexa device.
- Its design is very sleek and even futuristic.
- With the Sonos Sub, you’ll hear every part of a song, even basses you didn’t know existed.
- It can connect to multiple music platforms.
- Its two force-canceling drivers offer an intense deep sound free from cabinet buzz sounds or rattle.
- It can be set up easily with its simple one button.
- It doesn’t conform to the advantages of the right placement. Put it under a couch if you so wish; it’ll sound as good as if on the floor or a table. It doesn’t matter.
- With its waterproof nature, you can place it in bathrooms or by the pool without fear of damage.
- With the Alexa device ($628.99), you can play music and enjoy every base through voice control.
- It is powered with a minimum of 150 watts.
- Its warranty period is just one year.
2. Klipsch R-10SWi
This is a less expensive alternative to the former. This wireless subwoofer doesn’t require any adapter kit, unlike some within its family brand. It also doesn’t conform to placement.
Simply keep it anywhere in the room, irrespective of its layout, and it resonates deeply. At $279.95, you, too, can get this beauty.
The Klipsch R-10SWi has 10” drivers at its front firing. The driver is made of copper imp. This wireless subwoofer has an all-digital amplifier. It requires a low pass crossover.
It has a beautiful polymer veneer finish that accentuates your room décor. Its power indicator is LED and is front-mounted. Its grille is removable. It weighs an average of 25.5 pounds. A 2GHz wireless Hi-Fi transmitter which is also pre-paired is also present.
- It has a low phase control, which allows you to blend the subwoofer’s low-frequency tones with other Klipsch speakers for the optimum bass effect.
- Its all-digital amplifier functions by delivering an ample supply of power at high efficiency, while its bass reproduction is true to the source.
- It is strong and flexible.
- It allows Line and LFE inputs.
- Its design integrates into your décor.
- It has a warranty of 2 years and is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- It produces a premium, high-quality sound.
- It is not waterproof and can damage if in a humid environment.
3. MartinLogan Dynamo
This 700W wireless subwoofer can be connected to your home theater devices or any audio device of your preference.
This subwoofer has a more compact design than others, but this doesn’t affect its sound quality, which is outstanding.
It offers an RMS power value of 300W and a peak amplifier powered by 600W. For more of its features, keep reading.
This wireless subwoofer has a sleek design, as you can see. Its poly cone woofer or driver is 10” and has both front-firing and backfiring options for its configuration. This subwoofer runs on 600W.
It makes use of an SWT-2 connection for its wireless ability. Its cabinet is sealed, and nothing can get into it. Coming in at 26.5 pounds, you could get this at $399.98.
- It reproduces a very high bass quality which is exceptional and synonymous with the MartinLogan brand once connected to a home theater or audio device.
- You get to choose this particular wireless subwoofer because if you prefer a camouflage or hidden installation, you only need to configure the down-firing system into front firing.
- This switch in a system is done very easily.
- It has a wireless transmitter and receiver and can access up to 5 channels.
- It has a warranty period of 3 years.
- It is not humidity-proof and can damage when exposed to wetness.
At the time of our research on “Best Wireless Subwoofer ”, we found a video about “How Wi-Fi Works” worth watching. 🏆
4. Polk DSWPRO 550wi
You will love this wireless subwoofer if you’re a fan of product durability and longevity. Not only is its design sleek, but it also serves its purpose without a doubt and gives you that low bass whenever you need it.
Its manufacture was equally one way to prevent easy damage, which is why it is equally rated high.
The DSWPRO series from Polk is designed to achieve perfect volumes at zero distortion and low frequencies. It comprises Polk intelligent amplifiers that require less power to sound flawless. It has a technology that suppresses distortion; this is called Feed Forward.
It can be arranged either with its feet forward or down. It has the sole ability to change or adapt its sound based on the acoustics of a room. Its price is fair. At $414.21, you can have access to this range of features. It weighs 41pounds.
- It has adaptive abilities (room optimizers) and reproduces bass based on the type of room it is placed in.
- It is engineered to eliminate the internal standing waves and other resonances that reduce the performance of an audio device.
- It requires less power, 400W to be precise.
- This subwoofer has power detective abilities and knows when to stand down, usually at low volume or when placed on its standby mode.
- Its distortion suppression technology allows exceptional performance and increases its limit without risking damage or distortion.
- Its speaker is completely wireless.
- An audio device has a long warranty period.
- It is very durable.
- It has a consumer rating of 3.3 out of 5.
5. Bose Acoustimass 300 Wireless Bass Module
This wireless subwoofer is known to depict the same sound quality and dramatic intensity as in cinema theaters. It gives you the full bass effect of whatever movie you’re watching or song you’re listening to.
If you love Bose audio equipment or even if you’re fascinated about feeling every beat you listen to; this is the wireless subwoofer for you.
For optimum sound experience, this wireless subwoofer is designed to be paired with the Sound Touch 300 to get dramatic bass. It has quiet port technology and delivers a wide range of bass.
All you need to do is to plug it in and enjoy that deep bass. It is very lightweight at only 2 pounds, and you can get it for $699, which makes it perfectly fit in our best wireless subwoofer list.
- This wireless subwoofer connects the dots between hearing the bass and feeling its thunder.
- Its quiet port technology helps bring the deep and clean base to you in a compact form.
- It can deliver a very dynamic bass range. This is done through its powerful driver and a large-sized port. It is this Quietport technology that eliminates frequency distortion.
- It is light and compact. Hence it doesn’t take up too much space.
- It is rated 4.3 out of 5.
- It has a sophisticated design, and its tempered glass gives it a sleek finish.
- You’ll get to feel the intensity of whatever you’re watching.
- It comes in either black or white colors.
- best soundbars with wireless subwoofer
- For easier placement, you’ll need to connect this subwoofer to Sound Touch 300.
- It is not waterproof.
6. Klipsch R-110SW Subwoofer
This versatile subwoofer can be used as a wireless and wired subwoofer. It presents the best of both worlds directly to your audio requirements.
This audio equipment will give you supreme bass quality and use very little power, 300W, to be precise. Here are more reasons why you should purchase this subwoofer.
It has a 10” spun-copper woofer with both ceramic and metallic properties. This subwoofer delivers 450W of power. Its front-firing slot port has a technology system to curb internal flares.
Its design is modest enough to blend in with your room décor. At $349 and coming in at 47.3 pounds, it is one of the best subwoofers in its price slot.
- It is compatible with most receivers.
- You can easily switch from its wireless connection to its corded connection.
- Its cabinet is designed with a polymer veneer with a bit of satin painted on its plinth.
- Its cerametallic woofers are very light and rigid as it provides a very low-frequency response armed with little or no distortion and cone breakup.
- It has an all-digital amplifier which is very accurate in reproduction.
- Position placement is flexible due to its front-firing design.
- It has a warranty period of 5 years. Hence it is highly durable.
- It has a customer review of 4.6 out of 5.
- It needs its WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit to access its wireless function.
7. Definitive Technology SC6000 Subwoofer
You should know that in this context, the ‘SC’ is an abbreviation for SuperCube. Well, from its appearance, you can admit that it does look like some super box, but we’ll back this up with its features.
This wireless subwoofer is expensive and has the character traits to match this price. You can see that it is compact and portable, but what of the features you can’t see?
It has a SuperCube technology woofer which is pressure coupled to a 2, 10 inches ultralow bass radiator. It is wireless and accessible by remote control.
It has a performance optimizer control through which you can tweak its precision system. It also has an alphanumeric display which tends to disappear on its LED screen.
This subwoofer has 2” thick front and rear panels and is enclosed with a bass reflex passive radiator. It weighs 43.6 pounds, has a built-in amplifier of 1500W and a phase dial, and costs $974.77.
It is highly durable with a 5-year warranty, making it perfectly fit in our best wireless subwoofer 2022 lists.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Definitive Technology SC6000 Bass Module Subwoofer that earned it a spot in our list of Best Wireless Subwoofers.
- It has an elegant design which makes it compact and portable.
- The 2” thick back and front panels possess internal bracing abilities and prevent rattle or buzz on surfaces.
- Its performance is, therefore, vibration-free.
- Its remote control access allows you to set adjustments from anywhere within the room, and its LED screen allows you to view the settings without having to go to the Subwoofer whenever you want to make changes.
- This wireless subwoofer propels you into the futuristic expectations of sound reproduction and music.
- It is expensive
- It has a 3.5/5 review.
8. Polk DSWPRO 660wi
The Polk DSWPRO 660wi is significantly different from its former series member, the 550. It possesses a fine communion of futuristic design, efficiency, and price modesty. It is the go-to subwoofer for excellent bass reproduction in this price range.
It has some key features for optimum sound efficiency, including its distortion suppression technology.
Below are some of the Polk DSWPRO 660wi Wireless Subwoofer features that earned it a spot in our list of Best Wireless Subwoofers.
With its Feed Forward DST (distortion suppression technology), the risk of damage or distortion is gravely limited. It has four preset room optimizer options and is driven by 400W of steady power.
It has a night mode setting, uses the Klippel analyzer for distortion, and weighs 45 pounds. Its driver is 12,” and it goes for $649.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Polk DSWPRO 660wi that earned it a spot in our list of Best Wireless Subwoofers.
- Its technology completely reduces the risk or occurrence of damage or distortion.
- Its four preset room optimizer options and its PRO technology, exclusive to Polk devices, program and adjust the bass blending settings according to the room type.
- Even at the most extreme levels of listening, its Klippel distortion resets and optimizes some of its functionality, like its motor structure, suspension, and voice coil alignment, to promote and ensure its supreme performance.
- You can activate the night mode option from the remote, and the performance intensity of the subwoofer reduces.
- It doesn’t consume so much power.
- Foot extensions can be weak.
9. Velodyne Wi-Q Subwoofer
This wireless subwoofer is very versatile in its settings and configurations. Its price is a little on the high side, but with the uniqueness of its output design, we can only expect great things from this subwoofer.
With a weight of 46 pounds and a price tag of $899, this subwoofer has certain features that are synonymous with itself alone.
Below are some of the features of the Velodyne Wi-Q Subwoofer that earned it a spot in our list of best soundbar wireless subwoofers.
It has a front subwoofer with a rear-firing ported cabinet that serves authoritative and high-intensity bass sounds for high-level audio impact for home theaters.
It has digital amplifiers that deliver 450W peak power (with a standby wattage of 0.5), at 225W RMS to get that minimally distorted peak volume. You can notice the four One-Touch presets for listening.
Its design is wireless, and it has Bass correction abilities. It also has extended excursion drivers, remote control accessibility, a flexible low-pass corrector, and many other features.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Velodyne Wi-Q Subwoofer that earned it a spot in our list of Best Wireless Subwoofers in 2022.
- The Velodyne Wi-Q subwoofer possesses over three decades of experience in sound and bass technology.
- For its vast features, we can say it’s affordable.
- The Velodyne Wi-Q can easily and very effectively be integrated and connected to any entertainment or home theater system without cables.
- Once you push the ‘EQ’ button on the remote controller, the subwoofer’s built-in processor produces a high-quality optimal base in that room, irrespective of the source.
- It delivers output at its maximum impact.
- Its operation is simple and easy.
- No noticeable cons.
10. Vizio Wireless Subwoofer
This 2-in-1 package offers exceptional value for your money. The Vizio Channel soundbar and its wireless subwoofer are both portable and lightweight.
They give you access to an intense volume alongside a thumping base. Its use is very versatile; from upgrading your TV, you can update your music-creating techniques and even improve your gaming experience using this wireless subwoofer with its soundbar.
It has Bluetooth connectivity, a remote for volume control, and produces 100db of crystal clear and intense room-filling bass with less than 1% harmonic distortion.
At 5.8pounds, this duet is perfect for anyone with an appreciation for the difference in bass frequencies as it hits every bass. It is pretty affordable and is tagged at $149.99.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Vizio Wireless Subwoofer that earned it a spot in our list of Best Wireless Subwoofers.
- It creates an environment for audio expansion.
- Harmonic distortion is completely prevented.
- This combination brings a world-class cinematic experience straight to your home.
- This duet is susceptible to troubleshooting.
Best Wireless Subwoofer: What To Consider
Like every other gadget, a wireless subwoofer has certain features and terminologies that new buyers may not be familiar with, which is where we come in.
Before buying a subwoofer, you need to know a few things and characteristics to have a clearer idea of its performance. This includes its wattage (power), size, placement location, and lots more.
Let’s look at these features.
Most people like to think the higher the wattage of the wireless subwoofer, the louder the sound it produces. It is safe to say that this is only but a myth.
A wireless subwoofer of, let’s say, 1000 watts doesn’t necessarily possess any volume edge than one powered by 100 watts.
This power guide only emphasizes the wireless subwoofer’s volume limit; it could go higher or lower; it all depends on which volume you’re comfortable with, as only you can control it.
In the same vein, it’s no surprise that a wireless subwoofer powered by a thousand watts may sound clearer or possess less interference, generally making the sound better than that of a 100-watt wireless subwoofer.
This isn’t the only determinant of the performance rating of a wireless subwoofer; moving on to the next one.
The size of a wireless subwoofer varies based on the diameter of its cone or driver. This driver produces the noise and could be 6.5inches, 8”, 10”, 12” or 15” so that it has enough room. Nevertheless, most subwoofers can fit under a table.
This size difference constitutes the difference in its acoustic properties and ultimately affects its sound. This is because, as you probably know, the waves of bass or sub-bass sounds are very long, and this driver works overtime in reproducing its wavelengths and frequencies to the point that it can be heard and felt.
To let the bass sound engulf you, you’ll need a driver with a bigger diameter, either 12” or 15”, or you could use a smaller driver but compensate it with more power. An 8” driver could sound like a 12” if connected to lots of power.
This is a sound reproduction device, and where you decide to keep it matters a lot. One wireless subwoofer hack is placed next to the wall or in a corner. The wall acts as a barrier and amplifies the sound further but will favor certain frequencies over others.
Nevertheless, placing it next to a wall is the easiest way to achieve that if you want to increase the sound volume produced.
However, most subwoofers in studios and homes are placed above ground level, increasing the intensity of the bass you hear. You can move it strategically till when you feel it resonates equally.
The job of the EQ processor in a subwoofer is to generate an equalizer setting that is room specific by testing out tones through the speaker.
It helps in leveling the peaks in notes which are overly favored or accentuated. However, this feature doesn’t guarantee that your cheaper wireless subwoofer, which may also be underpowered, will sound like a high-quality subwoofer.
Neither does it have counter-effect properties to annul the negative effects of a poorly positioned wireless subwoofer. Nevertheless, they are pretty functional and are worth looking out for in a subwoofer.
How far can a wireless subwoofer work?
Ideally, you must place your wireless subwoofers in an approximate range of 30 feet for the best sound quality.
What is the advantage of wireless subwoofers?
You can add a wireless subwoofer to the compatible soundbar to amplify bass.
Where is the best place to put a wireless subwoofer?
You can place the wireless subwoofer in any corner to amplify the bass output. However, ensure it’s not too far from your sound setup or sitting area.
Why does my wireless subwoofer cut out?
Interference or physical obstruction can often cause your wireless subwoofer’s connection to drop. Try rebooting and reconnecting your subwoofer.
Are wireless subwoofers reliable?
Yes, wireless subwoofers offer great relatability and strong connectivity to amplify sounds.
Can I connect the wireless subwoofer to the receiver?
You can connect your wireless subwoofer to your receivers by connecting the transmitter to the amplifier.
What makes a good subwoofer?
Key features of a good subwoofer include a linear driver, a powerful and accurate amplifier and a high-quality, well-built cabinet.
What size subwoofer do I need?
For regular use, you can opt for a 10-inch or 12-inch subwoofer. To produce high-volume sounds, you must pick a 15-inch subwoofer instead.
How do wireless subs connect?
Wireless subwoofers have a transistor to emit audio signals, received by the receiver and amplifier via WiFi.
Getting a wireless subwoofer isn’t as complex as it seems; all you need to do is quality research, which we have provided for you.
Whatever type of subwoofer you choose to purchase, whether powered (for larger rooms, cinemas, stores) or passive (for small rooms and cars), having this information on the characteristics, prices, advantages, and limitations of the best wireless subwoofers in today’s market will help you in your purchase.
Once you have chosen one which suits your needs and resonates with your position placement and room acoustics, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy high-definition bass like never before.