Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Yamaha Acoustic Guitar to buy in 2019? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out.
The guitar is arguably one of the most used musical instruments in the world. The sounds get from the strings once struck is incomparable to any other sounds.
For professional guitarists, having the best guitar can enhance your performance 100% and make it better. One of the most amazing guitar brand used by many is Yamaha.
Yamaha has a wide range of guitars available for both beginners and professional players. Although this brand of guitars does not come cheap, they are great for producing the best sounds.
For the best Yamaha guitars available, keep reading this article, as it will center on the best options available. It will, also, discuss their specifications and pros and cons attached to the usage of each one.
Here is The List of Best Yamaha Acoustic Guitar in 2019
1. Yamaha FG830 Solid Top Funk Guitar
Yamaha has had over 50 years worth of experience in the guitar business and seems to make an improvement every time. The Yamaha FG830 has rich overtones and amazing sounds, as a result of its rosewood back and side.
Its richer acoustic sounds make it even better for performances compared to other guitars. The physical outlook of the guitar is very aesthetically pleasing, because of the abalone inlay around the hole in the front.
- Product dimensions 42.5 x 20.7 x 6.1 inches.
- 7 pounds.
- Color name; natural
- Back material; rosewood.
- Neck material; NATO.
- 6 Strings.
- Rosewood fingerboard.
- Adjustable truss rod
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha FG830 Solid Top Funk Guitar.
- Everything for everyone. The model is available in different shapes, colors, and sizes. Hence, it satisfies the needs of every player.
- Great for beginners. This guitar is great for beginners and is recommended by many.
- Value for your money. The Yamaha brand creates only the best quality, which makes it worth every dime.
- Great design and aesthetically pleasing.
- The strings of the guitar can be better, which is an aspect that can easily be changed.
Note:- The Yamaha FG830 solid top funk guitar is a great instrument for beginners and professionals. Although the strings might pose an issue, it can easily be changed. Overall, this is a great guitar that would be loved by anyone which makes it to put in our best yamaha acoustic guitar 2019 list.
2. Yamaha A-Series A1M Cutaway Electric Acoustic Guitar
If you’re thinking of a powerful guitar with amazing sounds for a concert, then the Yamaha A1M Cutaway acoustic-electric guitar is definitely a great choice. This guitar surely is a concert sized guitar and has amazing features that make it aesthetically pleasing. The mahogany back, sides and neck give it a beautiful exterior. It, also, comes with a hardshell case included protecting the guitar itself.
- Product dimensions; 42.5 x 21.6 x 6.1inches.
- Weight; 7.5 pounds.
- Material; Mahogany.
- Color; Vintage Sunburst.
- Dreadnought body with cutaway.
- Solid Sitka spruce top.
- 6 strings.
- Hard Shell Case.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha A-Series A1M Cutaway Electric Acoustic Guitar.
- Beautiful appearance. The mahogany back, sides and neck make this guitar physically appealing and nice.
- Amazing sounds and performance. The guitar produces some of the best pitch sounds. This makes it great during concerts and performances.
- The inclusion of a hard shell case keeps the guitar protected always.
The major flaw aside from others based on preferences like the color or size is the tuning. It needs to be tuned, more than usual and this can be disheartening.
Note:– The Yamaha A-series A1M electric acoustic guitar is a great choice of guitar, because of its great sound and physical appearance.
3. Yamaha L- Series LL16M Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha L series LL16RlM is a guitar packed with a lot of features that ensures it produces great sound and support for the user. Its acoustic resonance technology gives it amazing sound and performance.
Also, it is made with only quality wooden materials that give it a great exterior outlook. For example, the rosewood back and sides give it a polished finish and look.
Furthermore, the 5-ply neck gives extra support to the user, which helps in working for an extended period of time.
- Product dimension; 43.5 x 22.3 x 6.4 inches.
- Weight; 7.5 kg.
- Color; natural.
- Material; mahogany.
- 6 strings.
- Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E) Wooden material.
- 5 ply neck for better comfort.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha L- Series LL16M Acoustic Guitar.
- Acoustic Resonance Enhancement makes for better sound and performance.
- Native design style, like mahogany and other hands, selected materials are used in its manufacture.
- 5 ply neck feature gives better comfort for long plays.
The only general con with this guitar is the fact that it has a hushed tone. Its sound isn’t as amplified as the other guitars, however, this could be a pro depending on the user.
Note:- The Yamaha L-Series LL16RM is an amazing choice of acoustic guitar. However, it isn’t built for concerts, as it has a hushed tone. Overall, it is durable and a great investment.
4. Yamaha FG820 Solid Top Acoustic Guitar
One of the easiest to use acoustic guitar is the Yamaha FG820 guitar. The sound of this guitar is stronger and sharper thanks to the acoustic division technology. The 800 series has so many guitars that vary in size, shape, and colors. Hence, there is always something for someone.
The physical appearance is, also, one of the strongest sides of this guitar. It’s a plain natural color and the mahogany back and sides give it a natural look.
- Product description; 42.5 x 20.7 x 6.1 inches.
- Weight; 6.5 pounds.
- Body material; mahogany.
- Neck material; maple.
- Fingerboard & bridge; Rosewood.
- Number of strings; 6
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha FG820 Solid Top Acoustic Guitar.
- Great sound quality and performance.
- Great design.
- Great for beginners.
- Availability of different options to choose from.
- No pegs for shoulder straps to make it easier for carrying and performing.
Note:- The Yamaha FG820 solid top acoustic guitar is a great option of acoustic guitars for beginners. Its overall sound is amazing, and it is great for performances.
5. Yamaha APX500III Thinline Cutaway Acoustic Guitar
Yamaha APX500III Thinline Cutaway acoustic-electric guitar is created specifically for onstage performances. The APX’s thin body makes it easier for its user to perform leisurely and easily. Its specially designed X-type bracing, also, maximizes the body resonance. This helps create better sound quality and a natural tone.
It, also, comes with a chromatic tuner that helps tune the sounds easily and without stress.
- Product dimensions; 43.4 x 20.4 x 4.9 inches.
- Weight; 5 Pounds.
- Material; Mora
- Color; Black
- Neck type; NATO
- Springs; 6
- 2 AA batteries included.
- Chromatic tuner
- Adjustable mid range and frequency control.
- Lifetime Warranty.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha APX500III Thinline Cutaway Acoustic Guitar.
- Great tone and sound quality as a result of the bracing maximize body resonance.
- Its thin body is great for onstage performances, which is where this guitar excels.
- Chromatic Tuner; this makes it easier to tune the sounds of the guitar.
- Under Saddle Piezo pickup for easier carriage and usage.
- Sturdy strings, which have the potential of being a permanent flaw.
Note:- The Yamaha APX500III Thinline Cutaway Electric Acoustic guitar is a great choice for on-stage performances which makes it to put in our best yamaha acoustic guitar 2019 list. If you’re an aspiring performing guitarist, then this guitar is a great choice.
6. Yamaha CGX122MCC Classical Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha CGX122MCC classical acoustic guitar is an instrument that truly defines having it all. This guitar is manufactured with A.R.T technology, which provides beautiful melodies and performance. The sounds produced are akin to classical music, which is why it is the choice of many professionals.
Aside from the sound quality produced, the exterior design is like no other. The NATO back and sides combined with the cedar top gives it an alluring look.
- Product dimensions; 40.4 x 19.2 x 5.4 pounds.
- Item weight; 6.2 pounds.
- Nato neck and back details
- Body material; more
- Fretboard material; Rosewood
- 2 AA batteries included.
- Authentic classical sound
- Cold cedar top
- R.T 2 Way Pick Up System.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha CGX122MCC Classical Acoustic Guitar.
- Natural classical sounds with the appropriate bells and whistles.
- Great performance, because of its A.R.T technology.
- Very good for online performances and studio recordings, because of its natural classical tone.
- The strings might not be of great quality. Hard to tell if this is a general problem or not.
Note:- The Yamaha CGX122MCC classical acoustic guitar is great for recording and onstage performances. Its natural classical tone makes it perfect for these purposes.
7. Yamaha FD10S Acoustic Guitar
One of the major features of the Yamaha FD10S solid top acoustic guitar is its amazing wooden property. The high-quality wooden material coupled with its quality tone makes it easier for new beginners to learn how to play the instrument. Also, its Rosewood bridge and fingerboard adds to its overall excellent performance. The physical appearance is, also, one that’s very pleasing to the eye.
Mahogany sides and back, as well as, a spruce top makes this beautiful guitar very nice to look at.
- Product Dimensions; 42 x 18.5 x 5.7 inches.
- Weight; 6.2 pounds.
- Mahogany sides and back.
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge.
- 6 Springs.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha FD10S Acoustic Guitar.
- Great guitar for a beginner.
- Amazing sound quality and sound.
- Easy to carry around and perform with.
- No padding inside the gig bag.
Note:- The Yamaha FD10S solid top acoustic guitar is a great guitar for beginners to learn how to play. It is easy to use and has amazing sound quality while being easy to use. A great investment for a stable career.
8. Yamaha FG800 Solid Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha FG800 Acoustic guitar is another great guitar from the solid top series. With amazing wooden materials, this guitar is considered one of the highest quality. The materials used include; NATO back and sides, spruce top and rosewood fingerboard and bridge. It is equipped with a Diecast tuner, as well as, an adjustable truss rod.
Ita newly improved scallop bracing allows for a perfect balance. This guitar produces amazing sounds, which makes it great for onstage performances and recording.
- Product dimensions; 42.5 x 20.7 x 60.7 inches.
- Weight; 6.48 pounds.
- Material; mahogany
- Neck and back material; NATO
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- 6 Springs
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha FG800 Solid Acoustic Guitar.
- Amazing wooden materials, which adds to its physical appearance and usability.
- Amazing sound quality always. Thus, it is a great choice for stage performances.
- Adjustable Truss rods, which helps in increasing the playability of the guitar.
- It produces mediocre sounds. Unlike some of other their variations, the Yamaha FG800 Acoustic guitar doesn’t produce professional tones.
Note:- The Yamaha FG800 Acoustic guitar is a great choice for beginners, as it is easy to use and produces great music.
9. Yamaha APXT2EW Acoustic-Electric Guitar
The Yamaha APXT2EW ¾ Thinline Acoustic-Electric Guitar is one of the best variations of electric guitars in the world. It is, also, equipped with A.R.T technology, which helps in the production of amazing sound quality and performance. Its thinline feature makes it convenient for usage by beginners on stage and while practicing.
It is, also made from high-quality materials, making it one of the best electric guitars available.
- Product dimensions; 36.2 x 16.5 x 4.5 inches.
- Weight; 5.5 pounds.
- Material; Meranti.
- Spruce top.
- Fretboard; Rosewood.
- Built-in tuner
- Gig bag included.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha APXT2EW Acoustic-Electric Guitar.
- Great for new guitarists, who are looking to practice professionally.
- Superb sound quality, which is great for performances.
- The major con is its physical appearance, as it has a mediocre design.
Note:- The Yamaha APTXT2EW ¾ Thinline Acoustic guitar has a lot of pros that clearly outweigh the cons. If you place the value of a guitar on its physical appearance, then this might not be a great choice for you.
10. Yamaha FG700S Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha FG700S has basically been created to cater to left-handed players. Its combination of style mixed with its natural classical tone gives it an extra edge over a lot of guitars. Even though this was created to cater to left-handed players, it can, also, be used by right-handed players as well.
Its physical appearance is sophisticated, as it is characterized by a solid Sitka spruce top, as well as Rosewood fingerboards. This guitar is definitely a masterpiece.
- Product dimensions; 43 x 6 x 21 inches.
- Weight 5.0 pounds.
- Body material; Solid wood.
- Back and neck material; Nato
- Fretboard; Rosewood.
- Strings; Bromse (6)
- Diecast tuners
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha FG700S Acoustic Guitar.
- Great sound quality and performance.
- Caters to left-handed players.
- Superb quality for its price.
- Very easy to use.
- No cutaway.
Note:- The Yamaha FG700S acoustic guitar is a great option for beginners, especially those left handed. This amazing guitar is easy to use and has amazing quality as well, making worth the price which makes it to put in our best yamaha acoustic guitar 2019 list.
11. Yamaha JR2 Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha JR1 and JR2 are one of the best kids guitar on the market. The sound quality and performance is one of the best, however, it isn’t specifically for kids. These guitars have such a great tone and can be used for onstage performances easily. Its small size makes these guitars a favorite for many professionals, as it is convenient for travel and easy to operate.
What it doesn’t have in size, these guitars make up for in sound quality and tone. Furthermore, the JR2 has a little improvement over the JR1; the mahogany UTF sides. The JRI uses a Meranti option for the sides. Overall, these guitars are great for onstage performances.
- Product dimensions; 36.3 x 16.7 x 6.1 inches.
- Weight; 6.61 Pounds.
- Body and back material; Mahogany
- 6 Springs
- Fretboard material; Rosewood.
- Spruce Top
- Deluxe Padded bag included.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha JR2 Acoustic Guitar.
- Convenient for travel.
- Amazing sound quality and performance.
- Keenly priced.
- Easy to use.
- Comfortable for performance on stage.
- Cramped fingerboard, hence not a lot of expectation for bass.
Note:- The Yamaha JR1 and JR2 acoustic guitars are an amazing set of guitars for both beginners and professionals. Great sound quality and convenience might just be the top priority for most guitarists.
12. Yamaha FGX800C Solid Acoustic-Electric Guitar
The Yamaha electric acoustic guitars are known for their amplified sounds and beautiful physical appearance. If you’re searching the best brand of electric acoustic guitars, then Yamaha is your best bet.
The Yamaha FG800XC is very similar to the FG800 discussed before. However, there are a few distinct differences between these two options. The first difference is the cutaway design on the FG800XC, which allows them to play higher registers with ease.
The second difference has more to do with the technology; it comes with a system 55T and a Piezo 3 band EQ in it. This allows you to tune and adjust some sound settings on the guitar without needing the amplifier.
- Product dimensions; 42 x 17 x 6 inches.
- Weight; 9.25 pounds.
- Solid Spruce top.
- Mahogany back and sides.
- Warm, strong sounds.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha FGX800C Solid Acoustic-Electric Guitar.
- Great price for the sound quality and other features of using this guitar.
- Scalloped bracing for balancing easily.
- Solid wood top.
- 55T amp system for great sound quality and onstage performances.
- Poor quality of strings, which might need changing much later.
Note:- The Yamaha FG800XC acoustic guitar is an amazing choice of guitar for concerts and other on-stage performances. With an amplified sound, this guitar makes it easier to perform. Its pros clearly trump its cons, thus, it is a good choice of an electric guitar.
13. Yamaha F325D Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha F325D Dreadnought acoustic guitar is a great option for beginners, as it is easy to use. It, also, has a pretty solid sound quality with amazing physical attributes, which makes it all the more appealing. Its dreadnought body and spruce top gives it a refined and professional look.
Also, it comes with chromatic tuners that help in tuning the right sound based on your preferences. Its Rosewood fingerboard, also, makes it easier to perform with.
- Product dimensions; 42.1 x 17.6 x 6 inches.
- Item weight; 15 Pounds.
- Rosewood Fretboard.
- Chromatic tuners.
- Added Gig Bag.
- Dreadnought body.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha F325D Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar.
- Very durable and can last for several years.
- Great option for beginners to learn.
- Amazing sound quality and performance when using this guitar.
- Chromatic tuners to help you tune your sound easily.
- Physically appealing.
- The strings are not very durable, which can be a major flaw on the long run.
Note:- Seeing as the pros of the Yamaha F325D Dreadnought acoustic guitar surpasses the cons, it is a great option of Yamaha guitars. Apart from its amazing sound, it is, also, a great option for beginners.
14. Yamaha APXT2 3/4 Thinline Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha APXT2 ¾ Thinline Acoustic Cutaway guitar is one of the best electrical guitars right now. How? The available features like; Spruce top and Meranti gives it a beautiful physical appearance. Aside from its physical appearance, the sound quality of this guitar is phenomenal and natural. This guitar makes learning to play easier and faster.
Hence, it is one of the most recommended types of guitars for beginning guitarists and students.
- Product dimensions; 15 x 32.7 x 4.3 inches.
- Weight; 3.09 pounds.
- 2 AA batteries included.
- Back and body material; Meranti.
- Color name; Old Violin Sunburst.
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge.
- NATO Neck
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha APXT2 3/4 Thinline Acoustic Guitar.
- Amazing design. With quality wooden materials and color, this guitar is really a beauty to own.
- Its ¾ size makes it convenient for beginners. This is because it is easier to lift for longer periods of time.
- The sound quality is another proof of this beautiful guitar.
- No natural sounds, thus, making the sounds mediocre and unprofessional.
Note:- The Yamaha APXT2 ¾ Thinline acoustic guitar has more pros than its cons, which makes it a great choice. However, this guitar might not be the best option for onstage performances, because of its mediocre sounds.
15. Yamaha APXT2 Acoustic Electrical Guitar
The Yamaha APXT2 ¾ Acoustic-Electric guitar is the perfect example of a travel guitar. Its small physical attributes make it easy to carry along to any trip. Also, what’s great about it is the fact that its size doesn’t diminish its sound. This guitar is known for giving off natural sounds and tones in every performance.
It comes with a Yamaha tuner specifically made to help you tune your guitar easily and flawlessly. This will help you achieve the best sounds while performing.
- Great for traveling. Its small body allows its user to travel inconvenience, and perform anywhere of their choice.
- Great sound quality. This guitar employs the A.R.T system and ensures only natural tones are transmitted.
- Yamaha tuner. This helps its user to tune their guitar effortlessly and effectively.
- It comes with an added gig bag.
- The Gig bag isn’t durable and is susceptible to wear and tear.
Note:- Overall, the Yamaha APXT2 electric guitar is great for travel, and also, produces amazing sounds while being played.
16. Yamaha Gigmaker Acoustic Package
The Yamaha Gig maker deluxe acoustic guitar is created to make the experience of every guitarist phenomenal. It’s spruce top and NATO back give it a beautiful finish, which is an added advantage amongst other benefits. This deluxe acoustic guitar comes with a lot of accessories to make this guitar worth your while.
Some of the accessories included in this guitar pack include; the Quicktune QT-11 tuner for tuning your guitar. It, also, has pitch pipe functions, which offers the perfect tune. Other accessories include strings, picks, and others.
- Product dimensions; 21 x 6 x 42.5 inches.
- Item weight; 10 pounds.
- Body material; Laminated wood.
- Neck material; NATO
- 6 Springs
- The package includes a tuner, picks, straps, strings, gig bag and an instructional DVD.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of The Yamaha Gigmaker Acoustic Package.
- Great for beginners and students.
- So many accessories to make the usage process easier.
- It is made with the finest wooden materials, which adds to its beauty.
- Qwick tuner with pitch pipe functions for the perfect tune always.
- The strings available in the kit are a bit sturdy and not durable.
Note:- The Yamaha instructional guide is everything a beginner needs to learn the basics of playing guitar. It contains all of the necessary accessories and an instructional DVD perfect to learn easily. It has so many benefits and it’s definitely a good investment, especially for beginners.
Purchasing the best acoustic guitar is never easy, however with a brand like Yamaha, you have so many options. Remember to always bear in mind the purpose of purchasing a guitar, as this will guide you and make it easier. For the best available options, be sure to get some of the aforementioned variations of the best Yamaha acoustic guitars.