Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Yamaha Acoustic Guitar to buy in 2022? 🤔
We got you covered in this buyer’s guide.
So without further ado, let’s Explore this definitive Best Yamaha Acoustic Guitar buyer’s guide. 😎
The guitar is arguably one of the most used musical instruments in the world. Once struck, the sounds from the strings are incomparable to any other sound.
For professional guitarists, having the best guitar can enhance your performance 100% and make it better. One of the most amazing guitar brands used by many is Yamaha.
Yamaha has a wide range of guitars for beginners and professional players. Although this brand of guitars does not come cheap, they are great for producing the best sounds.
Keep reading this article for the best Yamaha guitars available, as it will center on the best options available. It will also discuss the specifications and pros and cons attached to the usage of each one.
Best Yamaha Acoustic Guitar – Our Top Picks👌
1. Yamaha FG830 – Best acoustic guitar Yamaha
Yamaha has had over 50 years of experience in the guitar business and seems to improve every time. The Yamaha FG830 has rich overtones and amazing sounds due to its rosewood back and side.
Its richer acoustic sounds make it even better for performances than other guitars. The physical outlook of the guitar is very aesthetically pleasing because of the abalone inlay around the hole in the front.
- Product dimensions 42.5 x 20.7 x 6.1 inches.
- 7 pounds.
- Color name; natural
- The back material; is rosewood.
- Neck material; NATO.
- 6 Strings.
- Rosewood fingerboard.
- Adjustable truss rod
- Everything is for everyone. The model is available in different shapes, colors, and sizes. Hence, it satisfies the needs of every player.
- Great for beginners. This guitar is great for beginners and is recommended by many.
- Value for your money. The Yamaha brand creates only the best quality, which makes it worth every dime.
- Great design and is aesthetically pleasing.
- The strings of the guitar can be better, which is an aspect that can easily be changed.
The Yamaha FG830 solid top funk guitar is great for beginners and professionals. Although the strings might pose an issue, it can easily be changed.
Overall, this is a great guitar that would be loved by anyone, which makes it to put in our best Yamaha acoustic guitar list.
2. Yamaha A-Series A1M Cutaway Electric Acoustic Guitar
If you’re thinking of a powerful guitar with amazing sounds for a concert, then the Yamaha A1M Cutaway acoustic-electric guitar is a great choice.
This guitar surely is concert-sized and has amazing features that make it aesthetically pleasing. The mahogany back, sides, and neck give it a beautiful exterior. It also comes with a hardshell case that includes protecting the guitar itself.
- Product dimensions; 42.5 x 21.6 x 6.1inches.
- Weight; 7.5 pounds.
- Material; Mahogany.
- Color; Vintage Sunburst.
- Dreadnought body with a cutaway.
- Solid Sitka spruce top.
- Six strings.
- Hard Shell Case.
- Beautiful appearance. The mahogany back, sides, and neck make this guitar physically appealing and nice.
- Amazing sounds and performance. The guitar produces some of the best pitch sounds. This makes it great during concerts and performances.
- The inclusion of a hardshell case keeps the guitar protected always.
The major flaw, aside from others based on preferences like color or size, is the tuning. It needs to be tuned more than usual, which can be disheartening.
The Yamaha A-series A1M electric acoustic guitar is a great choice of guitar because of its great sound and physical appearance.
3. Yamaha L- Series LL16M Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha L series LL16RlM is a guitar packed with many features that ensure it produces great sound and support for the user. Its acoustic resonance technology gives it amazing sound and performance.
Also, it is made with only quality wooden materials that give it a great exterior outlook. For example, the rosewood back and sides give it a polished finish.
Furthermore, the 5-ply neck gives extra support to the user, which helps in working for an extended period.
- Product dimension; 43.5 x 22.3 x 6.4 inches.
- Weight; 7.5 kg.
- Color; natural.
- Material; mahogany.
- 6 strings.
- Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E) Wooden material.
- 5-ply neck for better comfort.
- Acoustic Resonance Enhancement makes for better sound and performance.
- Native design styles, like mahogany and another hand, selected materials, are used in its manufacture.
- 5 ply neck feature gives better comfort for long plays.
The only general con with this guitar is the fact that it has a hushed tone. Its sound isn’t as amplified as the other guitars. However, this could be a pro, depending on the user.
The Yamaha L-Series LL16RM is an amazing choice of acoustic guitar. However, it isn’t built for concerts, as it has a hushed tone. Overall, it is durable and a great investment.
4. Yamaha FG820 Solid Top Acoustic Guitar
One of the easiest-to-use acoustic guitars is the Yamaha FG820 guitar. The sound of this guitar is stronger and sharper thanks to the acoustic division technology.
The 800 series has many guitars that vary in size, shape, and color. Hence, there is always something for someone.
The physical appearance is also one of the strongest sides of this guitar. It’s a plain natural color, and the mahogany back, and sides give it a natural look.
- Product description; 42.5 x 20.7 x 6.1 inches.
- Weight; 6.5 pounds.
- Body material; mahogany.
- Neck material; maple.
- Fingerboard & bridge; Rosewood.
- Number of strings; 6
- Great sound quality and performance.
- Great design.
- Great for beginners.
- Availability of different options to choose from.
- No pegs for shoulder straps to make it easier to carry and perform.
Note:- The Yamaha FG820 solid top acoustic guitar is a great option for acoustic guitars for beginners. Its overall sound is amazing, and it is great for performances.
At the time of our research on Best Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, we found a video about “What Your Favorite Music Says About Your Personality,” which is worth watching.
5. Yamaha APX500III Thinline Cutaway Acoustic Guitar
Yamaha APX500III Thinline Cutaway acoustic-electric guitar is created specifically for onstage performances. APX’s thin body makes it easier for its users to perform leisurely and easily.
It’s specially designed X-type bracing also maximizes body resonance. This helps create better sound quality and a natural tone. It also comes with a chromatic tuner that helps tune the sounds easily and without stress.
- Product dimensions; 43.4 x 20.4 x 4.9 inches.
- Weight; 5 Pounds.
- Material; Mora
- Color; Black
- Neck type; NATO
- Springs; 6
- 2 AA batteries are included.
- Chromatic tuner
- Adjustable mid-range and frequency control.
- Lifetime Warranty.
- Great tone and sound quality as a result of the bracing maximize body resonance.
- Its thin body is great for onstage performances, which is where this guitar excels.
- Chromatic Tuner; this makes it easier to tune the sounds of the guitar.
- Under Saddle Piezo pickup for easier carriage and usage.
- Sturdy strings have the potential to be a permanent flaw.
The Yamaha APX500III Thinline Cutaway Electric Acoustic guitar is a great choice for on-stage performances, putting it in our best Yamaha acoustic guitar list. This guitar is a great choice if you’re an aspiring performing guitarist.
6. Yamaha CGX122MCC Classical Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha CGX122MCC classical acoustic guitar is an instrument that truly defines having it all. This guitar is manufactured with A.R.T technology, which provides beautiful melodies and performance. The sounds produced are akin to classical music, which is why many professionals choose it.
Aside from the sound quality, the exterior design is like no other. The NATO back and sides combined with the cedar top give it an alluring look.
- Product dimensions; 40.4 x 19.2 x 5.4 pounds.
- Item weight; 6.2 pounds.
- Nato neck and back details
- Body material; more
- Fretboard material; Rosewood
- 2 AA batteries are included.
- Authentic classical sound
- Cold cedar top
- R.T 2 Way Pick Up System.
- Natural classical sounds with the appropriate bells and whistles.
- Great performance, because of its A.R.T technology.
- Very good for online performances and studio recordings because of its natural classical tone.
- The strings might not be of great quality. Hard to tell if this is a general problem or not.
The Yamaha CGX122MCC classical acoustic guitar is great for recording and onstage performances. Its natural classical tone makes it perfect for these purposes.
7. Yamaha FD10S Acoustic Guitar
One of the major features of the Yamaha FD10S solid-top acoustic guitar is its amazing wooden property. The high-quality wooden material, coupled with its quality tone, makes it easier for new beginners to learn how to play the instrument.
Also, its Rosewood bridge and fingerboard add to its overall excellent performance. The physical appearance is also one that’s very pleasing to the eye. Mahogany sides and back, as well as a spruce top, make this beautiful guitar very nice to look at.
- Product Dimensions; 42 x 18.5 x 5.7 inches.
- Weight; 6.2 pounds.
- Mahogany sides and back.
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge.
- 6 Springs.
- Great guitar for a beginner.
- Amazing sound quality and sound.
- Easy to carry around and perform with.
- No padding inside the gig bag.
The Yamaha FD10S solid-top acoustic guitar is great for beginner learning how to play. It is easy to use and has amazing sound quality while being easy to use—a great investment for a stable career.
8. Yamaha FG800 Solid Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha FG800 Acoustic guitar is another great guitar from the solid top series. With amazing wooden materials, this guitar is considered one of the highest quality.
The materials used include; NATO back and sides, spruce top, rosewood fingerboard, and bridge. It is equipped with a Diecast tuner and an adjustable truss rod.
Its newly improved scallop bracing allows for a perfect balance. This guitar produces amazing sounds, which makes it great for onstage performances and recording.
- Product dimensions; 42.5 x 20.7 x 60.7 inches.
- Weight; 6.48 pounds.
- Material; mahogany
- Neck and back material; NATO
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- 6 Springs
- Amazing wooden materials add to their physical appearance and usability.
- Amazing sound quality always. Thus, it is a great choice for stage performances.
- Adjustable Truss rods help in increasing the playability of the guitar.
- It produces mediocre sounds. Unlike some variations, the Yamaha FG800 Acoustic guitar doesn’t produce professional tones.
The Yamaha FG800 Acoustic guitar is a great choice for beginners, as it is easy to use and produces great music.
9. Yamaha APXT2EW Acoustic-Electric Guitar
The Yamaha APXT2EW ¾ Thinline Acoustic-Electric Guitar is one of the world’s best variations of electric guitars. It is, also equipped with A.R.T technology, which helps produce amazing sound quality and performance.
Its thinline feature makes it convenient for beginners on stage and while practicing. It is also made from high-quality materials, making it one of the best electric guitars.
- Product dimensions; 36.2 x 16.5 x 4.5 inches.
- Weight; 5.5 pounds.
- Material; Meranti.
- Spruce top.
- Fretboard; Rosewood.
- Built-in tuner
- Gigbag included.
- Great for new guitarists who are looking to practice professionally.
- Superb sound quality, which is great for performances.
- The major con is its physical appearance, as it has a mediocre design.
The Yamaha APTXT2EW ¾ Thinline Acoustic guitar has a lot of pros that outweigh the cons. If you place the value of a guitar on its physical appearance, then this might not be a great choice for you.
10. Yamaha FG700S Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha FG700S has been created to cater to left-handed players. Its combination of style and its natural classical tone gives it an extra edge over many guitars.
Even though this was created to cater to left-handed players, it can also be used by right-handed players.
Its physical appearance is sophisticated, as it is characterized by a solid Sitka spruce top and Rosewood fingerboards. This guitar is a masterpiece.
- Product dimensions; 43 x 6 x 21 inches.
- Weight 5.0 pounds.
- Body material; Solid wood.
- Back and neck material; Nato
- Fretboard; Rosewood.
- Strings; Bromse (6)
- Diecast tuners
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top
- Great sound quality and performance.
- Caters to left-handed players.
- Superb quality for its price.
- Very easy to use.
- No cutaway.
The Yamaha FG700S acoustic guitar is a great option for beginners, especially those left-handed. This amazing guitar is easy to use and has amazing quality, making it worth the price, which puts it in our best Yamaha acoustic guitar list.
11. Yamaha JR2 Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha JR1 and JR2 are some of the best kids’ guitars on the market. The sound quality and performance are one of the best. However, it isn’t specifically for kids. These guitars have such a great tone and can easily be used for onstage performances.
Its small size makes these guitars a favorite for many professionals, as it is convenient for travel and easy to operate. What it doesn’t have in size, these guitars make up for in sound quality and tone. Furthermore, the JR2 has a little improvement over the JR1; the mahogany UTF sides.
The JRI uses a Meranti option for the sides. Overall, these guitars are great for onstage performances.
- Product dimensions; 36.3 x 16.7 x 6.1 inches.
- Weight; 6.61 Pounds.
- Body and back material; Mahogany
- 6 Springs
- Fretboard material; Rosewood.
- Spruce Top
- Deluxe Padded bag included.
- Convenient for travel.
- Amazing sound quality and performance.
- keenly priced.
- Easy to use.
- Comfortable for performance on stage.
- Cramped fingerboard, hence is not a lot of expectation for bass.
The Yamaha JR1 and JR2 acoustic guitars are an amazing set of guitars for both beginners and professionals. Great sound quality and convenience might just be the top priority for most guitarists.
12. Yamaha FGX800C Solid Acoustic-Electric Guitar
The Yamaha electric acoustic guitars are known for their amplified sounds and beautiful physical appearance. If you’re searching for the best electric acoustic guitars, then Yamaha is your best bet.
The Yamaha FG800XC is very similar to the FG800 discussed before. However, there are a few distinct differences between these two options. The first difference is the cutaway design on the FG800XC, which allows them to play higher registers easily.
The second difference has more to do with the technology; it comes with a system 55T and a Piezo 3-band EQ. This allows you to tune and adjust some sound settings on the guitar without needing the amplifier.
- Product dimensions; 42 x 17 x 6 inches.
- Weight; 9.25 pounds.
- Solid Spruce top.
- Mahogany back and sides.
- Warm, strong sounds.
- Great price for the sound quality and other features of using this guitar.
- Scalloped bracing for balancing easily.
- Solid wood top.
- 55T amp system for great sound quality and onstage performances.
- Poor quality of strings, which might need changing much later.
The Yamaha FG800XC acoustic guitar is an amazing choice of guitar for concerts and other on-stage performances. With an amplified sound, this guitar makes it easier to perform. Its pros trump its cons. Thus, it is a good choice for an electric guitar.
13. Yamaha F325D Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha F325D Dreadnought acoustic guitar is a great option for beginners, as it is easy to use. It also has a pretty solid sound quality with amazing physical attributes, which makes it all the more appealing. Its dreadnought body and spruce top give it a refined and professional look.
Also, it comes with chromatic tuners that help tune the right sound based on your preferences. Its Rosewood fingerboard also makes it easier to perform with.
- Product dimensions; 42.1 x 17.6 x 6 inches.
- Item weight; 15 Pounds.
- Rosewood Fretboard.
- Chromatic tuners.
- Added Gig Bag.
- Dreadnought body.
- Very durable and can last for several years.
- A great option for beginners to learn.
- Amazing sound quality and performance when using this guitar.
- Chromatic tuners help you tune your sound easily.
- Physically appealing.
- The strings are not very durable, which can be a major flaw in the long run.
Seeing as the pros of the Yamaha F325D Dreadnought acoustic guitar surpasses the cons, it is a great option for Yamaha guitars. Apart from its amazing sound, it is, also a great option for beginners.
14. Yamaha APXT2 3/4 Thinline Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha APXT2 ¾ Thinline Acoustic Cutaway Guitar is one of the best electrical guitars. How? The available features like; Spruce top and Meranti give it a beautiful physical appearance.
Aside from its physical appearance, the sound quality of this guitar is phenomenal and natural. This guitar makes learning to play easier and faster. Hence, it is one of the most recommended guitars for beginning guitarists and students.
- Product dimensions; 15 x 32.7 x 4.3 inches.
- Weight; 3.09 pounds.
- 2 AA batteries are included.
- Back and body material; Meranti.
- Color name; Old Violin Sunburst.
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge.
- NATO Neck
- Spruce top
- Amazing design. With quality wooden materials and color, this guitar is a beauty to own.
- Its ¾ size makes it convenient for beginners. This is because it is easier to lift for longer periods.
- The sound quality is another proof of this beautiful guitar.
- No natural sounds, thus, making the sounds mediocre and unprofessional.
The Yamaha APXT2 ¾ Thinline acoustic guitar has more pros than cons, which makes it a great choice. However, this guitar might not be the best option for onstage performances because of its mediocre sounds.
15. Yamaha APXT2 Acoustic Electrical Guitar
The Yamaha APXT2 ¾ Acoustic-Electric guitar is the perfect example of a travel guitar. Its small physical attributes make it easy to carry along on any trip. Also, what’s great about it is the fact that its size doesn’t diminish its sound. This guitar gives off natural sounds and tones in every performance.
It comes with a Yamaha tuner specifically made to help you tune your guitar easily and flawlessly. This will help you achieve the best sounds while performing.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Yamaha APXT2 Acoustic Electrical Guitar that earned it a spot in our list of best yamaha acoustic guitar for beginners.
- Great for traveling. Its small body allows its user to travel inconvenience and perform anywhere of their choice.
- Great sound quality. This guitar employs the A.R.T system and ensures that only natural tones are transmitted.
- Yamaha tuner. This helps its user to tune their guitar effortlessly and effectively.
- It comes with an added gig bag.
- The Gigbag isn’t durable and is susceptible to wear and tear.
Overall, the Yamaha APXT2 electric guitar is great for travel and also produces amazing sounds while being played.
16. Yamaha Gigmaker Acoustic Package
The Yamaha Gig maker deluxe acoustic guitar is created to make the experience of every guitarist phenomenal. Its spruce top and NATO back give it a beautiful finish, which is an added advantage amongst other benefits. This deluxe acoustic guitar comes with a lot of accessories to make this guitar worth your while.
Some of the accessories included in this guitar pack include; the Quick tune QT-11 tuner for tuning your guitar. It also has pitch pipe functions, which offer the perfect tune. Other accessories include strings, picks, and others.
- Product dimensions; 21 x 6 x 42.5 inches.
- Item weight; 10 pounds.
- Body material; Laminated wood.
- Neck material; NATO
- 6 Springs
- The package includes a tuner, picks, straps, strings, gig bag, and an instructional DVD.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Yamaha Gigmaker Acoustic Package that earned it a spot in our list of best yamaha acoustic guitar for the money.
- Great for beginners and students.
- So many accessories to make the usage process easier.
- It is made with the finest wooden materials, which adds to its beauty.
- Quick tuner with pitch pipe functions for the perfect tune always.
- The strings available in the kit are a bit sturdy and not durable.
The Yamaha instructional guide is everything a beginner needs to learn the basics of playing guitar.
It contains all the necessary accessories and an instructional DVD perfect for learning easily. It has many benefits and is a good investment, especially for beginners.
📗 FAQs on Best Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Below are a few queries on which Yamaha acoustic guitar is the best that everyone expects to answer, and I did include the same for my readers.
Are Yamaha acoustic guitars good?
Based on their reputation and our review on some of the best ones, I must saw Yes Yamaha acoustic guitars is a good option.
What is the best sounding acoustic guitar for the money?
1. Yamaha FG830 Solid Top Funk Guitar 2. Yamaha A-Series A1M Cutaway Electric Acoustic Guitar 3. Yamaha L- Series LL16M Acoustic Guitar 4. Yamaha FG820 Solid Top Acoustic Guitar
Which Yamaha guitar is best for beginners?
1. Yamaha Gigmaker Acoustic Package 2. Yamaha APXT2 3/4 Thinline Acoustic Guitar 3. Yamaha F325D Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar 4. Yamaha APXT2EW Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Is the Yamaha f310 acoustic guitar good?
Yes, it's best for beginners.
What guitar does Ed Sheeran play?
He mostly plays Martin acoustic guitars
How long does it take to learn to play guitar?
6 to 18 months
Purchasing the best acoustic guitar is never easy; however, with a brand like Yamaha, you have so many options.
Always remember the purpose of purchasing a guitar, as this will guide you and make it easier. For the best available options, get some variations above of the best Yamaha acoustic guitars.