Buying or selling or looking for a rented home is no more than a difficult task these days. With the advancement in technology, there are apps now that help you buy or sell or rent or look for an agent that could help you in matters concerned with buying or selling homes.
Zillow is an American online real estate marketplace company that was founded in 2006 and deals in buying, selling, renting, and providing agents to customers looking for a house. But, Zillow lacks many things. In this article, we will talk about the best Zillow Alternatives
Best Zillow Alternatives – Our Top Pick 👌👌
1. Home Bay
Home Bay is one of the best Zillow Alternatives you can find on the web. is a directed arrangement that gives land postings as well as gives agency services to purchasers and dealers.
It’s a bargain land dealer that offers reduced posting expenses to home merchants. Moreover, it is a tech startup that spotlights its online assistance instead of giving face-to-face assistance. It allows you to easily buy and sell a house by providing you assistance from professional agents.
You can easily schedule your tours online as and when you are available and a Home Bay showing coordinator will meet you at the property to help you in buying.
And not only this, once you are ready to buy you just need to make an offer and let everything on the Home Bay team, they will do negotiations and all the necessary paperwork on your behalf.
Once the deal is fixed you also get a 10% buyer agent to refund up to $27,000. If you are a seller, Home Bay provides you with the best agents which help you with everything right from negotiations to paperwork.
- Get money back: When you’re ready to make an offer, Home Bay makes it simple, and refunds you up to 10% of the buyer agent commission.
- You can search for houses, condos, apartments, and multi-family real estate.
- Get full assistance through the whole process of buying and selling
- Home Bay is transparent and much more affordable than many other real estate companies
- It also negotiates on your behalf to make sure to get or sell the property at the best rate.
- More Savings.
- The listing fee starts from $2000.
- Less in-person support
- Might appear to be expensive to some people.
Redfin was founded in 2004 and today is known as one of the best full-service real estate brokerages. Redfin has grown to become the leading discount real estate agency in the United States. It has a very similar layout as that of Zillow.
Redfin is accessible in several major U.S. markets. Redfin provides you with postings that are directly linked to the MLS, as well as discounts on selling fees and a marketplace where you can compare many choices side by side of the few alternatives that you have with you.
All you need to do is request an offer online and you’ll get a call shortly from the Redfin team to assess your property once the assessment is completed, the Redfin team will make an offer, and if it’s accepted by you there will be an inspection and finally close the deal and get paid.
RedfinNow offers professional agents with a barely minimum total real estate commission of 4%-4.5% which includes listing fees as well as buyer agent commission.
- Excellent search tools
- Easily perform a side-by-side comparison of homes that you are interested in buying
- Information gets updated quickly as it comes directly from MLS
- The seller gets an additional advantage of rebates offered by Redfin at the closing
- You may search straight from the map and have all the details about the property you’ve chosen, including floor space, year constructed, house price, and growth.
- Redfin is best known for providing premium listings and profiles.
- The whole information and address are only displayed if the owner and listing agent wants to show it.
- They are not full-service agents.
Trulia is an America-based online real estate marketplace that is an alternative to Zillow. Trulia helps customers to easily buy, rent and mortgage their house and also helps in finding and searching about the neighborhood through its online website and app.
Founded in 2004, Trulia has served many customers with the best solutions regarding buying and selling property. You can quickly modify filtering options on Trulia to find real estate listings that are exactly perfect for you, then save your favorites.
Trulia is good with blogs that will help you find answers to many of your queries such as how to buy a house, how to find an agent, how to sell, and much more.
A drawback about Trulia is that they don’t provide real estate agents so you need to hire your agent once you have an agent you can simply make a list of your needs and wants, and browse millions of online house listings on Trulia by applying filters and easily view homes with the assistance of your agent and once the deal is fixed close on your house.
Trulia can also help you learn more about your neighborhood.
- Find properties for sale or bur or mortgage
- Easy and advanced filters.
- Save your searches
- With a tap see nearby homes for sale, open houses, or apartments for rent
- Get notified of new real estate listings that meet your exact search criteria
- Easily get neighborhood details and map overlays
- Available on web, android, and iOS
- It also offers tutorials to guide you and enhance your app experience.
- Free of cost.
- No agents: Hire your agent as there are no agents provided by Trulia
- Sometimes gets updated slowly
- No way to list directly with Trulia
4. Homesnap – Best Zillow alternatives To Search By Your Commute
Homesnap, a top-rated real estate app, is a platform that helps people find homes and search MLS listings via its app. It’s an app that features the same accurate, real-time information that traditional agents use. The app is available on both android and iOS.
The best aspect of utilizing the app is that it also provides data about properties that aren’t on the market. Homesnap app lets you connect with your agent or any other highly professional agent who knows exactly what type of house you are interested in buying.
Homesnap is mainly a tool to assist purchasers in their search for the ideal house. A house will be published on it if it has been listed on a local MLS which is a Homesnap partner.
It has a distinctive function that allows you to “click” a snapshot of a house to get property value estimations, photographs, and more information.
Homesnap provides its customers with in-app messaging through which they can share their favorite home with their friends, family, and anyone whether he/she is registered with Homesnap or not.
- Extensive filtering, map overlays, and other options to find the perfect homes
- Available on iOS and Android
- Highly professional agents
- In-app messaging allows the customers to share their favorite homes with their family or friends or agents even outside of this app.
- Explore real-time data
- Homesnap promptly alarms you about the new postings, value changes, and some other market refreshes in the postal codes you need to watch.
- It might be tough to withdraw from emails after you have signed up, which is quite inconvenient.
- There is no online website
- Some users face technical problems with the app
Realtor.com is a real estate listing website that was launched in the year 1996 and is the second most visited listing website as of 2021. Realtor.com provides incredible opportunities at both free and paid levels, along with integrating fantastic tools, to generate and nurture leads.
It links you with potential customers and purchasers who are searching for an agent to lead them through the process of selling their house or finding their dream home.
Realtor.com is associated with the National Association for realtors and 800 other MLS to provide the best listings and home solutions to its customers. The buyers or renters can easily search through the address school, zip code, or neighborhood and find the best matches for their needs.
They may simply ask an advisor for further details after they’ve discovered what they’re looking for. Realtor.com provides customers with the most professional agents for the area they are looking for.
- Run by the National Association for Realtors and several other MLS which means all-time updated information.
- Accessible to both android and iOS users.
- Free for buyers and renters.
- You can easily buy, sell, rent and mortgage your property.
- You can utilize Realtor.com to look through different sites, for example, Homesnap, Redfin, and NeighborhoodScout, and afterward, rapidly reach out to a specialist.
- Realtor.com provides updated blogs on various topics such as the difference between agent, broker, and Realtor, Mortgage guide, the housing market, home buying tips, and much more.
- In comparison to other websites, there are fewer search options.
- Tapping on “Contact Agent” won’t go to the posting specialist however rather to nearby specialists who have paid for this lead administration
- It does not offer any medium for sellers to list their property on sale.
6. Hotpads – Zillow alternatives To Find the Right Apartment
Hotpads is a map-based real estate and rental marketplace that was launched in the year 2005 and is currently owned by Zillow. Hotpads house search app is accessible just on iOS. With Hotpads you can easily find apartments or houses or rentals in the top-most areas.
It is an astonishing iOS application that has helped a great many individuals to discover their fantasy homes without having to pay a bunch. HotPads offers apartments and house listings throughout the US, so you get a wider option to choose your house in the most suitable location.
HotPads has a unique feature, “interactive map” which allows you to roll over and find the best homes or apartments. When someone clicks on a specific home or apartment that is advertised, a map is produced.
This marketplace also offers some great filters so that you can easily find what you are looking for. It furnishes complete details of the home or apartment you are searching for so that you can just locate it easily.
Here are the pros and cons of Hotpads that make it to add to our Zillow Alternatives list.
- The dynamic search features allow one to customize the result easily.
- When a new apartment is uploaded to the system, HotPads rentals will give you frequent updates to your email address.
- Verified and up-to-date information
- High-definition images of apartment
- Let’s use custom keywords in your search.
- It does not give information on different realtors in your region.
- Not accessible to android users
- Fewer number houses, more apartments
7. Apartments.com – Zillow alternatives To Discover Your New Home
Apartments.com is a leading online apartment listing website that was founded in 1992. You might be wondering that as the name says apartments.com so it’ll just feature apartments, but know what? You can also discover postings for condominiums, single-family homes, and townhouses all around the United States.
It is an online real estate marketplace for rental properties where professional property management companies and private landlords can list properties and connect with potential tenants.
It is majorly a rental portal that includes rental manager features. Apartments.com is available in web, iOS app, and android app as well. It offers standard search filters such as the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, pricing, and much more.
Once you click on the desired apartment or house you’ll be able to see the exact location and information about it along with a map that shows its exact position to give the customers precise information so that they can visit easily on the location.
Apartments.com allows its customers to connect with millions of renters and lease their property 100% online.
- Ideal app for those who are looking for rented apartments, condos, single-family homes, townhomes
- There’s additionally an overlay framework that allows you to see travel lines, neighborhood limits, and nearby school grounds while you search.
- It’s a free app that includes photos, 3D views, accessibility dates, existing rent, layouts, and much more.
- You can straightaway search for ‘Pet-Friendly Apartments.
- Some users find technical glitches with the app.
- Mostly displays large complex apartment rentals.
- Less number single-family homes, and more apartments
- Some apartments don’t have enough pictures.
8. HomeLight – Zillow alternatives To Sell Your Home
HomeLight is a land recommendation service company that was established in 2012. It facilitates the introduction of house buyers and sellers to area real estate brokers. It provides a wide range of services to house purchasers, sellers, and realtors.
You can also get an estimate of your home through HomeLight, you just need to simply input your address and click on “get estimate”, HomeLight will tell you the best value of your home.
If you are a buyer and looking for a suitable home at a particular location, you just need to mention the location where you are looking for and HomeLight will provide you with an experienced agent who will assist you through everything.
Like all agent matching services, HomeLight is free and there’s no obligation to use the service once you’ve signed up.
HomeLight is made for both clients and agents. You don’t have to spend time looking over hundreds of real estate brokers when you use the service.
Instead, they will limit your rundown options depending on your unique requirements. HomeLight is not a listing website so they don’t list any homes on their website, instead, they aim to connect the best agents with buyers and sellers according to their needs.
Here are the pros and cons of HomeLight that make it to add to our Zillow Alternatives list.
- A free platform so no need to worry about paying a high convenience fee
- A user-friendly website that makes the work for buyers and sellers easy
- Connects you with the best agents in your neighborhood
- Agents are reliable and knowledgeable
- Some users get unsolicited calls and spam emails after signing in to HomeLight
- Some of the agents have poor knowledge
Forsalebyowner.com is one of the largest real estate websites in the United States. It is a great listing website that gives its customers the advantage to sell their home directly to the buyers without involving an agent. If you are looking to sell your house you can simply check the worth of your house by using the worth calculating tool.
Additionally, FSBO will assist you with distinguishing inexpensive and speedy home improvements, which can assist with boosting the worth of your home and draw in the best bids. The platform also offers an informative article that guides you about how to sell the home.
Forsalebyowner.com is a free-of-cost platform that helps customers to buy and sell properties without involving agents. If you want a special house posting consultant to help you through the whole process, you will have to pay for that.
- No agent fees
- Users can easily calculate mortgages for their homes by using the mortgage calculator tool by ForSaleByOwner.
- The website is free for the users if any user desires to hire a dedicated home listing coordinator who can assist you.
- It does not include all of the local data that other listing services give.
- The information about the homes is updated by the sellers themselves so buyers need to be doubly sure before making any deal.
Who is the biggest competitor of Zillow?
Buying or selling a home is no longer challenging with several platforms like Zillow. Some of the top competitors of Zillow include Realtor.com, Redfin, and HotPads.
Is Redfin better than Zillow?
As per Redfin, its estimates are around 74% accurate, while Zillow offers only 67% accuracy. Previously, the accuracy rate of Zillow was more than Redfin.
Which online real estate site is most accurate?
Many real estate sites make purchasing a home extremely easy. The top real estate sites are Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Foreclosure.com, Apartmens.com, FSBO.com, and Homes for Heroes.
Do Redfin and Zillow have the same listings?
Zillow is not a brokerage like Redfin. Therefore, it does not have access to MLS listings. They work based on agreements with local MLSs and estate companies. It can take longer for the listing to appear on Zillow.
Is Realtor.com more accurate than Zillow?
Realtor.com is among the most accurate listing platform presently. It is associated with more than 580 daily updated databases. It operates in more regions compared to Zillow or Redfin. It has been around since 1996.
How accurate are Zillow Home values?
The estimate for the Zillow on-market homes is within 10% of the final selling price more than 95% times. A median error for off-market homes is about 6.9%, while for on-market homes is 1.9%.
Why is Redfin’s estimate higher than Zillow’s?
Zillow is slightly better at accuracy levels compared to Redfin. However, the accuracy varies from one state to another and one city to another. Redfin is found more accurate in specific areas.
Can you negotiate with Redfin?
Once Redfin’s offer is received, an individual has five days to accept or reject it. There is no scope for negotiation. One can expect an updated offer case if you feel Redfin missed anything.
Can I take my house off Zillow?
Second thoughts about buying or selling a house are not unusual. An individual is free to take off their home from Zillow anytime they want in case there is no buyer at that time.
What is Zillow’s competitive advantage?
Zillow’s database has the upper hand compared to its competitors. It has gathered the data through MLS listings, which is crucial in keeping real estate data in one place.
Conclusion on Zillow alternatives
Buying, selling, or renting property is considered the most hectic task, you need to go through every small thing. Due to advancements in technology, there is some relief to those looking to buy, sell or rent their property.
There are several real estate apps that assist clients through all processes by providing agents as well. Zillow is one such app but lags in many things so here in this article we have brought a list of best alternatives to Zillow.