Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to buy in 2020? 🤔 You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Without any further delay let’s find out. 🔎🔎
You know that good surround sound vibe that you get when you have music playing through great ceiling speakers? Even if you don’t know the feeling yet, prepare to be impressed by the first use of any of these ceiling speakers.
The fact that Bluetooth speakers serenade you while staying entirely out of your way is a thrill for many people, and it is not just enough to buy anyone you see out there.
The puzzle becomes which Bluetooth ceiling speaker is best for you and how exactly you make that choice. We have definitely come a long way in the audio digital world from a period of bulky devices connected with wires that get in your way to these hands-free ceiling speakers that stay out of the way so that you don’t have to deal with them when you are not using.
At the time of our research on “Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers ”, we found a video about “12 Strange Sounds on Earth Science Can’t Explain” which is worth watching. 🏆
Between sound quality, battery life and easy installation, this article brings you the best Bluetooth ceiling speakers.
Everyone picked out for its great performance We put together this list to make it easier for you to make a choice, and a guide to help you pick the right Bluetooth ceiling speaker for you.
You read right, the Bluetooth speakers in this list are in the frontier category of their competitors for simply outperforming in a different category. As you read, you will be able to pick out which one of them is better suited for you.
Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers: Our Top Picks
1. Klipsch CDT-5650-C II
The Klipsch CDT-5650 has so many positive reviews from customers it is hard to resist not clicking right away (which is totally fine because this is a treasure). However, there are three things to note about the speakers who earn it’s a high rating.
First of all, the speakers are surprisingly easy to install, if you have had any experience with ceiling speakers, you would understand how important this is.
It means that you are not put through a herculean task before you start using it and you won’t have to sigh and mumble thinking about readjusting it.
The second important feature is that the woofer and tweeter can be rotated, so you don’t need to reinstall it just to direct the sound to the right angle. Thirdly, you need to hear the sound of this baby.
Delivering the sound quality that is associated with only high-end speakers, you can get to forgive the price tag on the Klipsch CDT-5650-C II.
Below are some of the features of the Klipsch CDT-5650-C II Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- It is a wired ceiling speaker by Klipsch
- It uses a 2-way channel mechanism
- The output of the speakers is from 50Watts to 200Watts
- It requires a 100Watts amplifier
- It has a 96decibels sensitivity
- It has a rotatable tweeter and woofer
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty from Klipsch
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Klipsch CDT-5650-C II Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- From the beginning, it is easy to install
- The tweeter and the woofer can be located when you need to direct the sound for efficiency
- Clear, top quality sounds even at very high volumes
- It is very convenient to use even in small spaces
- You can use it with a Bluetooth amplifier
- CDT technology improves the surround sound experience when you use it.
- It is relatively expensive
- There are too many wires at the back that makes the back less aesthetically pleasing.
Notes:- At the end of the day, it is hard to expect anything less of the Klipsch speakers in terms of either performance or price. Because after, testing it with some songs, you will find that the sound quality is premium.
This is for anyone looking for the best of the bunch, just remember that you have to get a Bluetooth amplifier.
2. Pyle 8.0” PDICBT286
This Pyle speakers with inbuilt Bluetooth is definitely one of the best out there. It produces clean and clear sounds that can get very loud (up to 300 Watts power of sound output).
The inbuilt Bluetooth of the speakers makes it possible for you to adjust it fast and via mobile devices. This makes for convenient usage of the speakers. In addition to the commendable sound quality (even at high volumes), it is also known for being easy to install.
So no need being hesitant about buying it for the sake of installation, because the speakers are sure built to last for a long time.
Below are some of the features of the Pyle 8.0” PDICBT286 Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- It has inbuilt Bluetooth receptor that can be picked up from a distance of 30 to 40 =ft
- You can change the grills because it comes with two of them
- It can deliver high volume sounds of up to 300 Watts
- It doubles as an in-wall and a ceiling speakers
- It has a durable exterior-ABS plastic material
- Easy installation is fostered by cut-out templates
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Pyle 8.0” PDICBT286 Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- Installation leaves a pretty appearance
- The appearance of the speakers after installation is flush, blending with your room decoration
- The body material is sustainable and durable
- It produces clean and clear sound quality
- It is very affordable
- It can be used in the walls and/or in the ceiling
- It is capable of producing a high volume of up to 300Watts
- Easy installation of the speakers
- It easily flushes into the surface it is being used on
- The bass on the speakers does not overpower the sound being produced
- The bass of the speakers is low
Notes:- coming next to the Klipsch, the Pyle 8.0” is a relief on the price tag. Therefore, it is suitable for anyone looking for something inexpensive as well as one that flushes well. A tip is to try it as an in-wall speaker to get you better surround sound.
3. SpeakerCraft AIM8
SpeakerCraft is easily one of the top brands of speakers out there and it is no surprise at all that one of theirs had to belong to this list. The AIM8 speakers are high performing Bluetooth speakers, that are aesthetically pleasing when installing and that is why it is highly rated by customers.
With many other speakers, what you have is inconsistent sound production that is better at one of the levels, but SpeakerCraft AIM8 sets itself apart from them by producing clear sounds at all level, giving consistency above so many of its other competition.
Although the SpeakerCraft does not come with an inbuilt Bluetooth receiver, the overwhelming performance and design put it on this list. with this one installed in your space, you can enjoy a beautiful full surround sound experience.
Below are some of the features of the SpeakerCraft AIM8 Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- The 8 inches aluminum core woofer can be rotated
- The frequency of speakers response is between 37Hz t 20Hz
- It has an impedance of 8 ohms
- The sensitivity of the speakers is 89 decibels which are adjustable by ±3 decibels
- It uses Waveplane technology for the sound
- It has Accu-Grille
- The speaker installation requires a 9.34 inches cutout in the ceiling to accommodate it
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of SpeakerCraft AIM8 Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- It produces theatre quality acoustics
- You can rotate the woofer/tweeter to be able to achieve directed sound
- It allows you to control the decibels of the speakers to an extent which you don’t see with any other one
- The large size of the speakers as well as their volume allows you to be able to use it for a surround sound experience.
- It comes with three speakers which makes it very loud, good enough for a home theatre experience
- The exterior of the speakers easily flushes and blends the ceiling design
Notes:- Although these speakers will perform great all around if you want to use them the best way is to use as home theatre speakers since it gives perfect and full surround sound.
4. Leviton AEC80
Although without an inbuilt Bluetooth receive, once connected to a Bluetooth amplifier, you have yourself one of the best out there with the Leviton AEC80.
With high compatibility drivers that work well even with other brands, you can get the best of both worlds with the Leviton AEC80, because you do not have to use a Leviton amplifier with it.
With a sensitivity of 89 decibels coupled with impressive aesthetics, AEC fits perfectly into your space while giving you crisp quality sound in return.
Also if you have space with a unique geometry, you can adjust the tweeter to maximize directional sound. Aside from the sound quality, what makes this speaker qualify as one of the best is its impressive aesthetics that fit into just any ceiling in a space.
Below are some of the features of the Leviton AEC80 Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- It is a 2-ways speaker by JBL
- It requires 100W and has an impedance of 8 ohms
- It uses an SSP crossover network
- It uses JBL titanium laminate drivers in order to produce the high-end sound of the speakers
- The pole piece magnet is surrounded by the semi-circular plastic woofers
- Transparent grilles as cover for the speakers
- It comes with dog-ear mounting bracket
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Leviton AEC80 Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- High-quality sound produced
- Low diffraction of sound as a result of the technology used
- It blends well with the interior decoration of any ceiling
- You can get directed sound with the help of the adjustable tweeter
- It is easy to install even if you are not an electrical engineer.
- The sound technology used is top quality usually used for cinema-purpose speakers
- It is great for setting up surround sound.
- It doesn’t have an inbuilt Bluetooth receptor
Notes:- If you are meticulous about the interior design of your space and want some speakers that will blend in without being too distorting, the Leviton AEC80 is the right pick for you since the transparent grilles cover the speakers and increase its ability to blend in. this means that the plan for your room décor is not disturbed and you get great sound quality.
5. MartinLogan Electro Motion IC
The MartinLogan Electro motion IC is definitely one of the high-end ceiling speakers out in the market, but thankfully, its performance does well to meet the high price.
MartinLogan put in a lot of detail and precision into the manufacture of these speakers, and it shows when you listen to something play on it. The speakers were built to suit the home theatre needs of people but it can be used for a different kind of listen and suits almost any part of the house it is used.
With MartinLogan Sound technology and a durable build, there is no reason why you shouldn’t buy this if sound quality is what you seek.
Below are some of the features of the MartinLogan Electro Motion IC Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- It is Manufactured by the MartinLogan company and uses their drivers.
- It has an aluminum cone woofer that is sized 6.5”
- It uses folded motion tweeters
- It has micro-perforated grilles
- It weighs 8 pounds
- It has a 5years warranty from MartinLogan
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of MartinLogan Electro Motion IC Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- It produces a high-end sound quality
- It has very good bass quality in the sound
- It is easy to install
- You get a premium home cinema sound when you use them
- It can fit into any kind of room, whether bedroom, kitchen, bathroom or living room
- It is expensive
Notes:- if you like detailed sound and high-quality sound, the MartinLogan speakers are amazing, although you may need to acquire a taste for the aesthetics of it. However, if you can look beyond that, and of course the price, then you have yourself a great buy.
6. Polk Audio RC80i
If what you want is a good quality affordable speakers that are durable as well, the RC80i is the one for you.
First, off you should know that with these speakers, you can install them in any space in the home, whether dry or humid. This is because the speakers can perform well in a moist environment due to the use of moisture-resistant material in it’s built, so do not be scared to buy if you are intending to use it in the bathroom.
What the RC80i offers you is simply quality at an affordable price because when tested, it was able to meet up with the sound quality of some other more expensive speakers, making the RC80i a relatively cheap option.
Below are some of the features of the Polk Audio RC80i Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- It has a composite cone
- It has rubber surrounds that are durable
- It uses a mounted tweeter that can be swiveled to up to 15o
- RC80i has a response frequency range of 20 to 35Hz
- It comes with a cutting template
- No inbuilt Bluetooth receiver
- It can withstand moisture
- It has an audio sensitivity of 90 decibels
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Polk Audio RC80i Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- It is affordable
- It produces good quality sound
- It is suitable to use for large rooms as well as smaller rooms
- With an added sub-woofer, you can improve the bass level of the speakers
- It can pair well with simplifiers from other brands
- With an external Bluetooth amplifier, it gets a hands-free feature
- Since it is moisture resistant, you can use it in the bathroom of the house, or in a spa and steam room without trouble
- It has numerous positive ratings from customers
- Its usage is not restricted to indoor spaces as it can be used outdoors as well
Notes:- The RC80i speakers is a versatile option if you are in need of something that can serve in different kinds of spaces, especially in wet spaces. At an affordable rate, you will get good quality sound.
7. PolkAudio MC80
This MC80 Polk Audio speaker is very much like the RC80i version except that it is not as flexible. With a lower bass sound and lower versatility, it still comes with sound quality better than many of its competitors, making this one of the leading brands for a speaker at the moment. With impressive response time and damping effect, you will enjoy using this speaker indoor spaces.
Below are some of the features of the PolkAudio MC80 Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- The speakers have a response frequency range of 50 to 20000Hz
- It has an 8 inches woofer and a silk dome tweeter that you can adjust
- The audio sensitivity of the MC80 is 92 decibels
- It has a white matte grille that is paintable
- It has moisture resistance construction
- It comes with 5 years warranty from PolkAudio
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of PolkAudio MC80 Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- It can be used in wet and dry spaces because it is moisture resistant
- It comes with a warranty from Polk Audio, making it safer to buy.
- It is affordable in-ceiling speakers
- It is easy to install after you buy it.
- It performs well as a part of a surround sound setup
- If you don’t require high bass, you will enjoy the balance
- It could do with more bass
Notes:- If you don’t need the added versatility of the RC80i that allows you to use it outdoors as well, then you will enjoy the MC80. With similar specs, affordability and quality sound, you have yourself one of the best.
8. Yamaha NSIC800WH
Whether for movies with a softer sound or for music with stronger bass, the Yamaha NSIC800WH is a great in-ceiling speaker to have.The speaker doubles as a ceiling and a wall speaker as well and is kept in place with the help of non-slip grips.
There is quite notably, a lot of good things to be said about this Yamaha speakers, a lot of them has taken it up as one of the best in-ceiling speakers, and when paired with a Bluetooth amplifier, it becomes one of the top The best Bluetooth ceiling speakers 2020 lists.
With a swiveling tweeter to help you direct the sound, dust and moisture protection and a design that flushes very well with different ceiling design, it is easy to fall in love with the Yamaha NSIC800WH. Not to mention that it is surprisingly affordable for a brand with its kind of repute.
Below are some of the features of the Yamaha NSIC800WH Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- It is a wired in-ceiling speaker by Yamaha
- It comes with two speakers
- It uses a 2-way crossover channel mechanism
- It has an output power range of 50 to 140 watts
- The audio sensitivity of these speakers is 90 decibels and a nominal impedance of 8 Ohms.
- It has a 50Hz to 28000Hz frequency response range
- The drivers are made from polypropylene
- It weighs 4.19 pounds
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of Yamaha NSIC800WH Ceiling Speakers that earned it a spot in our list of Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers to get in 2020.
- It is easy to mount whether you are using it on the ceiling or the wall with the help of mounting clamps included in the package
- It can perform well in different spaces
- It has protection from dust and moisture in order to increase durability
- The design of the speakers easily flushed into ceilings
- It sounds produced is rich and has good clarity
- It is an affordable ceiling speaker
- It allows for even and natural sound dispersion
- It is more suitably built for efficiency over small to medium spaces
Notes:- This Yamaha NSIC800WH speakers produce high-quality sound, with impressive response frequency and is cheap for such a brand, however, it has a space limitation to medium-sized spaces at best. To use it in larger spaces, you could add on an extra woofer.
Other ceilingBluetooth speakers that are notable for delivering good quality sounds are the; Pyle PDIC60for an affordable high-quality home theatre experience, the MCM 8” for inbuilt Bluetooth speakers with good quality audio and the Yamaha NS-IW480CWH as cost-effective surround sound speakers.
If you need a little something extra you could go for the and Lithonia Lighting with integrated speakers.
Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers: What To Consider
Picking the right Bluetooth speakers should not be complex as long as you consider the right things. With so many of them available because of higher demands you need to take care so that you buy one that you will actually enjoy for a long time.
To go about it, you need to know about the following considerations:-
This is a part of the specification measured in Hz. Just as the human ears can only hear sound in a certain frequency, so can speakers only interpret in a certain frequency, hence the wider the range the more sounds the speakers interpret, the richer the audio quality.
The key here, however, is to search for speakers with a wider range, also note that even at that the human ear cannot pick sounds higher than 20000Hz, hence even if some speakers include a number higher than that, it will not serve you. It is always good advice to do a personal calculation of the range and set the limit at 20000Hz.
Whether you need a Bluetooth receiver or not:-
Although you want a Bluetooth ceiling speaker, you don’t need to necessarily get one with an in-built Bluetooth receiver.
In most cases, better sounding speakers do not have inbuilt Bluetooth receivers, but this is solvable by connecting an external amplifier with a Bluetooth receiver.
The audio sensitivity:-
The audio sensitivity of the speakers is measured in decibels and is interestingly a feature that matters a lot.
The more sensitive the speakers is to sound the less energy it will require to transmit loud sounds. This means speakers with higher audio sensitivity are more energy-efficient than their counterparts.
Directed sound improves the experience of the listener. Instead of spreading sound over a large area evenly, if you can direct it towards the people in the room, it enhances their experience with a little work from the speakers, hence efficiency. This is possible with the help of adjustable tweeters.
The room size:-
You need to know the size of the room the speakers will serve and how many of them will be enough to do a good job as well as strategic placement.
If you use too little or ill-placed speakers, you will not appreciate the sound. Also note the height of the ceiling is as important as the floor area of the room.
A function of the room:-
Things like the room function determine the extra features you may want. If you want to install the speakers outdoors, you should get one that can cater to that.
In damp prone areas, always opt for speakers with anti-dampening treatment. Also know that while most of the speakers in this list were tested at home, some of them can still perform very well in more public spaces.
FAQ’s on Best Bluetooth Ceiling Speakers
Below are the couple of queries that everyone is expecting to answer and I did include the same for my readers.
What are the best ceiling speakers?
1. Klipsch CDT-5650-C II 2. Pyle 8.0” PDICBT286 3. SpeakerCraft AIM8 4. Leviton AEC80 5. MartinLogan Electro Motion IC
Do ceiling speakers sound good?
Generally speaking, ceiling speakers are best for multi-room music systems. In-wall speakers are ideal for space-saving surround sound.
Can ceiling speakers be used in wall?
YES! . You're more likely to get less weird looks with In-wall speakers in your ceiling than if you put In-ceiling speakers in your walls.
How many ceiling speakers do I need?
Use two pairs of speakers for balanced sound in larger rooms.
What size in ceiling speakers do I need?
The most common sizes of ceiling speaker are either 6.5 or 8-inch.
In conclusion, the best Bluetooth ceiling speakers in this list are arranged in no particular order and the list also includes ceiling speakers that do not have in-built Bluetooth receivers, this is because you could easily connect a Bluetooth included amplifier and have a better performance than if you had a speaker with an inbuilt Bluetooth receiver.
It is also worth noting that this list was influenced by ratings and sales as well as important speaker’s factors.
Note:-This post was originally published on Feb 8, 2019, and was updated on Dec. 11, 2019.