Have you ever wondered why sometimes the icons present on the taskbar are not visible? Have you ever came across a problem of hidden system icons? If yes, then don’t worry your problem is solved.
Before we proceed towards how to bring those gone icons back, let’s first understand what can be the reason behind it. If you are the one who keeps their machine up to date with every update and upgrades as soon as they are out, then you might have faced this problem too.
One of the main reason behind this problem which we as a user may face is the corruption of some system files. Now, these files may get corrupt because of viruses, malware or installation of Windows using a corrupt ISO. It is difficult to point out what the exact reason is behind such problem.
To overcome this issue of missing icons from the taskbar, we have some solutions present and these solutions are self-tried. Go on and try them if you are facing the similar issue.
How to bring back Icons missing from Taskbar
Before getting starting with the steps, we have three methods to resolve this issue and you can select any of them. If you still face the same problem you may try other methods too.
Method 1: Taskbar icons Settings
- Press Windows + I keys on your keyboard. The Settings App will open up.
- Click on Personalization and then select Taskbar from the left panel.
- Click on Turn system icons on or off under Notification are heading.
- Now toggle on or off the icons which you want on the taskbar.
Above steps will enable or disable the icons you desire to keep on the taskbar. But, this method may or may not solve your problem because this is just a way to select icons for the taskbar.
Method 2: Changing icon Registry
Note: Changing anything in Registry Editor may cost you your data, clean installation on C Drive or any other immature behavior.
- Press Windows + R keys on your keyboard. The Run dialog box will open up.
- Type regedit.exe and press enter. The Registry Editor will open up.
- Navigate to the following path in the left panel.
- Right click on TrayNotify and select Export and save it.
- Now delete the files named as IconStreams and PastIconStreams whose file type is REG_BINARY.
- Close the Registry Editor. Restart your machine and you are good to go. All your hidden icons would be back by now.
If your problem is still present and icons aren’t back by now then on the last resort you can try running troubleshooter.
Method 3: Running the Troubleshooter
- Press Windows Button + I on your keyboard. The Settings App will open up.
- Click on Update & Security.Then from left panel select Troubleshoot.
- From “Find and fix other problems” list of troubleshooter, select Windows Store Apps. You will find it at the very end of the list.
- Click on it and select Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the steps by troubleshooter and it will fix each and every issue you may or may not be facing.