Are You looking for a Calligraphy Apps that will help you explore a ton of Writing Styles? 🤔
This Complete list is for you only.
Without any further delay, let’s explore this guide 🙂
Have you ever wondered how people create decorative handwriting or lettering? Or have you ever thought about how you can create unique handwritten texts easily without breaking the bank?
If you answer yes, this article about Calligraphy art applications was handwritten for you. Do you see what we did there?
Calligraphy is a unique art form of decorative handwriting or lettering with a writing tool.
In the past, Calligraphy was predominantly done with pens or brushes, and it still is today. However, smartphone technology has breathed new life into the ancient art form.
Through calligraphy apps tailored for Android and iOS interfaces, users can explore many writing styles and choose the best creative writing option that suits their decorative writing cravings.
This article highlights the top Calligraphy apps professionals and amateurs use for their decorative writing tasks. The interfaces on these apps are user-friendly and designed to give you the best creative content.
After completing this article, you’ll not need to spend tons of money educating yourself in Calligraphy institutes.
Through this Calligraphy apps article, you will learn ancient art forms of Calligraphy like Chinese and Arabic decorative writing or modern-day decorative writing that can be done on worksheets, tutorials, journals, notes, etc.
Best Calligraphy Apps – Our Top Pick 👌👌
1. Phonto – Best calligraphy apps for android
Phonto Calligraphy App is an app that speaks to your creative inclinations. This app has been certified and recommended by top calligraphy professionals, and it is also a favorite with calligraphy writing amateurs.
If you want to create calligraphy content infused with images or photos, this app is the right fit. It is available on Android and iOS app stores for download.
- You can explore over 200 fonts 🤷♀️
- You can install more fonts if you can’t find the font you’re looking for
- You can change the size of the text
- You can change the shadow of the text
- You can rotate the text
- You can change the width and stroke color of the text
- You can change the background color of the text
- You can change the spacing between letters
- You can change the spacing between lines
Phonto is a Calligraphy app for everyone. You can become a pro, or if you’re already a pro, you can enhance your skills through the dynamic user interface. Once you have mastered the controls of Phonto, you will leave your readers spellbound.
Note:– Phonto for Android and iOS are completely different designs; if you own an iOS device, please download from the iOS store, not Google Play.
Download From Google Play Store
2. Name Art – Stylish
Name Art – Stylish calligraphy app is an exciting app created for people who desire to create stylish names on their smartphone devices.
It has been certified and recommended by top calligraphy professionals, and it is also a favorite with calligraphy writing amateurs fascinated with the art of stylizing names.
This app can also be used to customize and design names for bracelets.
- You can choose to customize from name design templates in the library
- You can choose from over 150 backgrounds and frames when designing your name Art text
- You can choose from over 100 available fonts to create stylish names, which makes it the best calligraphy font app
- You can select from different name art style templates
- You can easily upload your creations to social media platforms
This app is the perfect tool to unleash your name art calligraphy skills. Once you have mastered the controls in this app, you can easily churn out great content in the shortest time.
Download From Google Play Store
3. Calligraphy Art – Focus n Filter
Calligraphy Art is a text-to-calligraphy app that allows users to create intuitive calligraphy writing for display on profile pictures.
Through this app, you can easily make text drawings on paper and also make a unique real-life replica of text strokes.
With this app, you can easily adjust text depth, thickness, and font colors.
- You can easily make stylish names with abundant font styles within the app.
- You can explore and choose from various abundant gradients and background styles.
- You can personalize and improve the aesthetics of names with symbols.
- You can easily save and upload your creations to various social media platforms.
- You can choose from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- You can set your calligraphy Art creation as your Facebook or Whatsapp display picture.
- You can choose from multiple text gradients.
- You can choose from numerous available symbols to decorate your text
The calligraphy art app comes with a truckload of tools to customize and edit the text to create breathtaking name art designs.
A strong point of this app is that it allows users to create name designs for their social media profile pictures.
At the time of our research on Best Calligraphy Apps, we found a video about “15 SATISFYING DRAWING AND CALLIGRAPHY HACKS,” Worth watching. 🤴🏆
4. Calligraphy Name
Calligraphy name app was the first to attain the five million-plus download milestone on the Google play store. It is available for download on Android and iOS devices.
This app was created to aid users in writing calligraphy names easily. It has tons of gradients and backgrounds that users can use to create calligraphy names.
Also, users can choose from over 100 fonts to create name styles that correspond with their inclinations.
- You can choose from over 100 available fonts within the application
- You can choose from over 50 symbols to decorate your text
- There are over 50 available backgrounds within the app
- There are over 30 available gradients within the app
- You can also customize the color of the text background
- You can save and share your creations on social media platforms
This app allows users to create calligraphy name display pictures and customize backgrounds, fonts, and frames to suit their name art design goals.
Download From Google Play Store
5. Focus N Filter – Calligraphy Name Art
Have you ever craved a calligraphy app with a beautiful interface? Then Focus n Filter – Calligraphy Name Art is the app for you.
This app sports a beautiful interface for users to perform decorative writing tasks.
With this app, you can stylize and decorate your name in an exhilarating interface. The seamlessness of the controls is mind-boggling and futuristic.
Users of this application can use it to create aesthetic name art for display pictures and signature text. The Focus N Filter app allows users to use their fingertips to design name art.
- You can perform your creative name art designs at lightning speed
- You can use this app to apply or add text to photos
- You can use this app to apply colors to the background and text
- This app contains stickers, and they can be used to create breathtaking paint art designs
- You can use this app to change the orientation of fonts or stickers by zooming, rotating them, or both.
- There are over 100 fonts styles you can choose from
- You can choose from a wide variety of magic brushes or focus and filters
- You can save and share your creations with friends and also upload them to social media platforms
- You can set your name art creation as a profile display picture for Facebook and WhatsApp
- You can also use the app to apply a watermark on your favorite pictures
- This app allows users to edit styles of fonts, change color and also change the size orientation of the text
- Through this application, you can include a shadow effect in your name design
- You can use this app to change the orientation of text in a preselected photo
- best calligraphy apps for iPad free
Focus n filters are also called the Focus n filters app. This app can broaden your knowledge of calligraphy while using an intuitive interface.
Users of this app are very optimistic about the app developer and have also given positive app ratings. The app is available for download in the Android and iOS app stores.
Download From Google Play Store
6. Stylish Name Maker
The stylish Name Maker calligraphy app is used to create name art designs. This app was designed to aid users who prefer applying names to images or photos.
The app allows users to create name art with fantasy designs, aesthetics, and sublime-styled fonts.
Within the app is an array of images that users can select from to serve as a background for their name art text.
An amazing modern-day fun function of this app is that users can use this app as a meme generator. The meme generator fun can create funny or motivational memes for your friends, family, associates, and fans.
All you need to do is get to your gallery, select the image you want the meme to be done on, and create the funny text meme.
Below are some of the features of the Stylish Name Maker App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Calligraphy Apps.
- You can use this app to apply stickers to photos.
- You can share the stylish name creations you made with your friends
- You can also share your name creations on social media platforms
- You can use the app to make the no-crop text for Facebook and WhatsApp profile pictures
- You can use the app to save your name art as an image on your smart device’s storage memory
Stylish name maker allows you to import photos into the app and edit them using the app features like frames, stickers, and unique font styles. The app has an intuitive user display and has a positive 4.2-star rating on Google play.
7. 3D Smoke Effect Name Art
The 3D Smoke Effect Name Art is a state-of-the-art decorative writing calligraphy app. It is available for download on Android and iOS smartphone devices.
Users of this app can use it to create smoke art-filtered text effects.
This app has a beautiful user interface and allows users to create beautiful cards with the new embedded Text Art Editor. With the 3D Smoke Effect Name Art application, users can create personalized name art calligraphy by selecting from a broad range of beautiful font styles within the app.
It allows users to design fantasy-themed names embedded in smoke effects. It also provides users with the tools they can use to create unique name signature text.
This app can also be used as a photo editor for images. You can use the app to apply smoke effects to those drab-looking images in your smartphone gallery.
- You can use the app to create amazing three-dimension smoke filter backgrounds for your art design projects.
- You can choose from a wide range of alluring smoke text effect fonts
- You can select from a variety of backgrounds, textures, brush presets, overlays, and a host of others
- You can edit with the embedded stylish effect text and stylish fonts
- You can customize the symbol color and font color to your style preference
- You can choose from a wide variety of focus and filters
- There are over 30 plus three-dimension smoke designs, and effects users can select for their design projects
- Controls for changing the orientation of text (zoom and rotate) are embedded within the app’s creative interface
- You can control how you change the text size easily by making smooth finger gestures on the creative interface
- You can use the app to generate high-definition images
- It allows users to store their creations in their Smartphone memory safely
- The app has an option for users to share their creations on social media platforms
Overall, this app is a calligraphy name art creator’s delight. If your goal is to create a professional calligraphy name art that will blow your friend, families, and associates away, then this app is for you.
You can select from various smoke effects to create upbeat name art styles.
Download From Google Play Store
8. Cool Fonts – Stylish Fancy Cool Text Generator
The Cool Fonts – Stylish Fancy Cool Text Generator is an app that generates cool symbols for social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
You can easily download this app to your Android and iOS devices from their app stores. This app transforms ordinary text into highly sophisticated, stylish text.
This free app is tailored for users who prefer to generate art, letters, and stylish fonts. Embedded within the app is a chat platform for users to interact with other users while they create their stylish font designs.
Below are some features of the Cool Fonts – Stylish Fancy Cool Text Generator App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Calligraphy Apps.
- You can use this app to create emoji art and picture art
- Use this app to create a special WhatsApp status update
- You can choose from over 100 fonts to create your art content
- Use this app to create unique fonts for calendars, gift cards, invitation cards, and so much more
- The fonts are customizable to suit your calligraphy needs
- Once you are done with your design or while you’re still designing, you can copy, share or send your art designs to any app
- You can share your creations on social media platforms
The Cool Fonts app is a great app for social media users. If you’re active on social media and desire a creative calligraphy app that can multi-task in real time, then this app is the perfect fit.
Mastering the controls of this app is quite easy and quick for pros and amateurs.
Download From Google Play Store
9. Calligraphy Lettering – calligraphy apps for iPhone
The calligraphy lettering app is an amazing decorative writing app. It is available for download on Android and iOS app stores.
This app is intuitively designed for users that crave calligraphy text in messages.
The app is free, with an option to make in-app purchases for some limited features. Usually, apps that offer paid features are deemed high-performing apps.
While using this app, you can select from various style formats to create and customize the text that suits your inclinations on your handheld device.
Users can choose from a collection of letter formats within its style library. Typography and multiple-stroke formats are embedded within the user interface. The typography option within this app can be used to apply various typography to text.
Below are some of the features of the Calligraphy Lettering App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Calligraphy Apps.
- You can select from a wide variety of available calligraphy font styles
- You can select from a wide variety of breathtaking canvases and alluring gradients
- This app allows users to choose the colors for their text
- It contains fancy and alluring stickers that enhance the aesthetics of images
- You can use any image in your gallery as the background for your text design
- Upon the completion of your design, you can save your calligraphy design in your gallery
- A dedicated share toggle button allows users to share their creations with friends, families, and fans through Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc.
If you’re looking for a calligraphy app for sharing your design content seamlessly to social media platforms, then this app is for you.
The creative process within this app is seamless, interactive, and fun. It has a 4.0-star rating on Google play and frequently runs updates.
With over 100,000 downloads on the google play app store, the Fonty calligraphy app is a fan favorite. The Fonty calligraphy app is designed for users who crave creating fonts.
The Fonty calligraphy app allows users to personalize and create fonts per their specifications. It is free to use, and the font creation process is seamless, with unlimited customization for fonts.
Embedded within the user interface is a font editor tool that allows users to create powerful specialized decorative writing fonts. It also allows you to draw letters using the cut, shape, and splice features embedded in the app’s user interface.
A very important function of this app is that it automatically saves your designs from drafting and prevents any creative design loss that may arise while conducting your calligraphy design project.
Below are some of the features of the Fonty App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Calligraphy Apps.
- This app auto-saves calligraphy art designs to prevent them from getting lost when errors occur.
- You can easily preview fonts during the alphabet creation process to get an overview and make corrections where it’s required.
- You can easily export created fonts to applications or other smart devices
- The app provides you with lettering hints and visual guides that assist you while you engage in the creative process
- The app supports over 15 alphabets and languages. And there’s going to be some expansion of its support in the nearest future
- You choose from an array of brush presets to make beautiful Calligraphy fonts
- It contains stickers that you can use to customize, personalize and enhance the aesthetics of your fonts
This app is for you if you take pride in sharing your personalized fonts with friends, fans, families, colleagues, and associates.
The app has a built-in keyboard that allows users to transmit call-out messages with the fonts they designed. The app is very easy, friendly, and seamless to use. It is a great calligraphy art application for professionals and amateurs.
Calligraphy apps go beyond just being a tool for professionals and amateurs. It is a tool for children who flair for the highly specialized art of calligraphy.
Download From Google Play Store
What app can I use to write calligraphy?
Photo Calligraphy App, Name Art, Calligraphy Art, Calligraphy Name, Focus N Filter, etc. are some of the best apps you can try to write calligraphy in multiple languages, fonts, and styles.
Can the Apple pencil do calligraphy?
The Apple Pencil’s compatibility makes an iPad a great tool for practicing calligraphy and lettering. But the apps you utilize are crucial to getting the most interesting and captivating outcomes.
Stylish Name Maker, 3D Smoke Effect Name Art, Cool Fonts, Calligraphy Lettering, and other calligraphy programs can be used to achieve excellent results.
Can I do calligraphy on my computer?
Contrary to popular belief, computers are not strictly constrained by the requirements imposed by keyboards and typefaces. Computers can easily be used to do the fashionable art of calligraphy and improve upon it.
Unlike conventional calligraphy, there is no requirement for special pens, inks, or papers. Even better, you’ll always have paper and ink, even if you practice.
You should invest in a stylus device on a desktop computer, such as a sketching tablet. Additionally, you’ll need high-quality software that offers a variety of brush presets and, ideally, lets you make your own.
Can you make money doing calligraphy?
Selling prints that can be framed, hung, or given as gifts is an easy way to generate money with calligraphy and hand lettering.
On freelance markets like Fiverr, you can offer the service of selling stylized text prints. Customers can utilize stylized inspirational quotations and made-to-order calligraphy pieces to brand their products and make them more unique.
How hard is it to learn calligraphy?
Calligraphy requires a lot of practice to master. But, unfortunately, that cannot be avoided.
Starting from scratch, performing boring “drills,” and feeling like your talents will never be as advanced as you’d like might be discouraging initially.
However, calligraphy and lettering require specific abilities. You can’t just pick up a brush pen and be an expert at calligraphy or lettering, just like you wouldn’t take up an instrument and know how to play a song right away.
It would be best if you exercise—a lot. Every day, set aside time for practice, and you’ll improve.
How many types of calligraphy are there?
Western, eastern, and Arabic calligraphy are the three primary subtypes. Each kind depicts the language and writing of a distinct geographical area.
Eastern calligraphy includes most of the Asian alphabet, in contrast to western calligraphy, which showcases English handwriting.
Who is the most famous calligrapher?
One of the most well-known calligraphers today is Marquis Lewis, best known by his stage name RETNA.
Lewis is well known for his distinctive graffiti art, which is full of beautiful typography and letterforms.
RETNA is delighted to be the creator of a unique linguistic script in addition to being inspired by international typography.
What is the easiest calligraphy to learn?
Because it is straightforward, elegant, and uncomplicated, roundhand calligraphy is simple. Minor mistakes can be accommodated by their dimensions.
It is made of smooth, consistent lines and circles, making it easy to identify and correct errors. It promotes virtuous calligraphic practices.
Furthermore, roundhand lends itself to practically any lettering purpose if you can execute it correctly.
World-class calligraphy in roundhand is difficult to produce; it appears very straightforward.
One may compare it to the English language, which is fairly simple to learn but more challenging to utilize professionally.
However, roundhand is a great “simple calligraphy” to start with before moving on to more difficult calligraphy techniques and outcomes.
How do I find my calligraphy style?
- See what shines out among the things that you enjoy.
- Discover what you are naturally drawn to by browsing publications, packaging, Pinterest, and other sources of inspiration. Then, match your vision to the font style most closely resembles it.
- Look at your regular handwriting and identify any characteristics that set it apart from the writing of others.
- Develop your style guide and alphabet depending on your preferences.
How do I start my calligraphy at Home?
Step-by-step: Begin your calligraphy studies
- Start with a pen or pencil if you wish to learn calligraphy.
- Choose a calligraphy script that is easy to learn.
- Do some research on the calligraphy style.
- The appropriate supplies.
- Learn how to use the tool.
- To learn calligraphy, start with the fundamental strokes.
- Take on a mentor.
- Exercise frequently.
- Comment on your work.
- Examine various sheets, nibs, and inks.
If you have an Android or iOS smartphone device, you can take up a career in calligraphy art creation. There are tons of opportunities for calligraphy art creators in freelance and part-time employment.
Everyday business startup springs up, which means there’s a demand for people who can create unique brand designs.
As a calligraphy art creator, you can work with logo makers, bookmakers, bloggers, online vendors, freelancers, large Tech firms, and so much more. The possibilities are limitless.
You don’t need to pay huge sums of money to learn calligraphy; you only need to download any of the apps in this article and learn how to use the controls to create beautiful calligraphy art.
The apps in this article have the option to share with friends and family or social media; you can use this feature to showcase your creative decorative writing talents to them and sample their opinion of your work.