Wondering which Desktop Replacement Laptops to choose in 2021? 🤔
This guide has got you covered, providing you a detailed list of 9 Of The Best Desktop Replacement Laptops to choose from.
Without any further delay, let’s explore this guide. 📗
There’s one quote that we all tech enthusiasts enthusiast love: “change is the only constant in life.” 🤴 Well in the truth, that’s the one thing which is constantly happening day in and day out.
To be able to perform the work-related task, which requires computing power, one needs to be having the best of the technology to make the workflow smoother and faster. While some people are eager to change, many don’t want to as they like the old way of doing things.
But when it comes to computation, change is inevitable, or should we say the upgrade is inevitable. You can still use the processor, which was released in 2013, and can complete some of your basic computing tasks.
But when it comes to video editing or using any new software, the old processor will straight give up. In addition to this, you can see there are so many changes in how computers used to work back in 5 years.
Now people are carrying phones with 12 gigs of RAM in their pocket. Thus, a smartphone holding much better processing power than your old computers.
And that too, in such a small size factor, this makes us question whether it is necessary to have a desktop at home? 🤔 We know having a desktop at home can help you in a lot of ways.
But when it comes to raw processing power and the ability to handle multi-threaded processes. Laptops of 2021 are giving high competition to desktop. Making us think of laptops being able to replace desktops?
Having a desktop replacement laptop can change how you complete your work when you can carry your whole computer from one place to another without facing any problem.
You are opened to so many new opportunities. Also, lots of people are now being driven to digital nomadic life where they are working as a freelancer and providing their skills to clients remotely.
As a result, they can earn while still on the move to explore the next destination. When you are comparing desktop replacement laptops and your home computers, you will find out there’s very little difference, which now remains in between these two.
The CPU and GPU on laptops are getting powerful day by day, and the batteries are getting bigger, giving you an ample amount of time to finish up your work without searching for a charger to charge up the battery.
On the other hand, if you are thinking about gaming on a desktop is fantastic. You need to look at the Razor, Asus, and HP line of laptops. You are not losing anything when you have these laptops as they come in a 144 Hz display along with high-end graphic and CPU power.
Best Desktop Replacement Laptops: Our Pick 👌
8. Asus ROG Strix Scar III
Starting with our list of desktop replacement laptops, we have one of the big ballers in the house. This one laptop manufactured by Asus can compete against any mid-range to high-end desktop gaming pc.
Its sheer amount of raw power makes it possible to deliver a high frame rate in every single game you play. With its 240 Hz refresh rate screen, you can use it to play competitive shooters without any worries.
It’s the third iteration of the Asus ROG Strix line up. And it came in 2019, so every single hardware is upgraded to meet the gaming requirements for all AAA titles.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Asus ROG Strix Scar III laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Desktop Replacement Laptops To get in 2021.
- The refresh rate of the screen is 240 Hz making it one of the best displays available in the market for any laptop.
- You can configure it according to your budget and choose what CPU and GPU need to be there in your system.
- Furthermore, it comes with a Gigabit wave 2 Wi-Fi connection. Thus, you can play all your first-person shooter games online without any network lag.
- Also, not many laptops provide you with such a massive amount of port options. You get three USB 3.0, type C DisplayPort, and an RJ45 port for wired ethernet cable connection.
- Moreover, if you are not using headphones for gaming, you can still hear every instrument in the song and each punch and gunshot in your games.
- It’s bulky, even if you compare it to other gaming laptops. As a result, it’s a bit of a hard task to get fit inside a backpack to carry around.
- Also, one of the significant things which are missing from this laptop is the webcam. Being such a big machine, Asus could have easily put a webcam anywhere on the top of the screen.
- Likewise, there’s no dedicated number pad on the keyboard.
7. Acer Chromebook 15 CB5-571-C09S
At number 7 of our desktop replacement laptops, we have Acer Chromebook 15. As Acer come with this Chromebook their was a sudden resurgence in the market.
Acer, as we know, is quite ahead of its time in terms of discovery in the field of laptops and computers. Being the first one to introduce Chromebook 15 in the market with a large screen and excellent built quality.
Thus, making Acer’s Chromebook be one of the largest Chromebook to be available in the market, ready to take the place of the best desktop replacement laptop.
It is based on Google’s Chrome OS, which works smoothly on the given hardware. The laptop supports all silver finish leaving only the keyboard’s keycaps and bottom.
Also, the reflective metallic trim is used to make the outline base and the touchpad of this laptop. Acer isn’t hiding anything from you when it comes to bezels that are present on the screen.
Most of the companies try to hide how thick the bezel is across the screen by putting a dark color on the side. But that’s not the case with the Acer Chromebook 15, they have gone with the style of the same color of the bezels as of the whole body. It is giving the laptop a beautiful sleek look.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Acer Chromebook 15 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Desktop Replacement Laptops To get in 2021.
- First, when it comes to a laptop, this one holds a great battery life and can smoothly go without charging for a day.
- With such excellent hardware packed in a small Chessie, it’s unbelievable how much of a task it handles easily.
- The speaker placement helps in understanding the dialogues easily, and you can binge-watch your favorite Netflix series without a problem.
- Also, being under just $400 in price, this is the best laptop to start our list. As it’s pocket friendly and does everything, you need a laptop to replace a desktop.
- Bezels are quite distracting on the screen.
- There’s no dedicated video output port present on this laptop
- No number pad is present even though the system is a 15-inch laptop.
- The processor architecture hasn’t been updated since it’s the last generation.
6. HP Envy 17T: Best HP Desktop Replacement Laptop
At number nine, we have HP Envy 17T; this laptop was made to replace your desktop at home. It gives you a high-end processor with the excellent build quality.
Also, when you are using it, you don’t have to worry about bottlenecking, which is quite a problem in lots of laptops that come with the i7 processor.
In addition to this, this is a Hp product, and HP is known for making great laptops, so it is fair to say that you can trust in your investment when you are buying a desktop replacement laptop from HP.
It comes with 8th gen Intel core i7 8565U processor, which has four cores and can go up to 4.6 GHz. Likewise, this laptop packs a great graphic processor as well as Nvidia’s dedicated graphic. Thus, you can easily play all the games you want with higher frame rates without any problem.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the HP Envy 17T that earned it a spot in our list of Best Desktop Replacement Laptops To get in 2021.
- One of the best processors in the market is installed in this system. So don’t worry about your system lagging any time soon when doing multitasking.
- Secondly, this laptop holds one of the biggest screens which you can get on a laptop. Being a 17-inch screen, it gives extra screen space to work more efficiently.
- The 17-inch screen is multitouch-enabled, so you can use all the windows features by just touching the screen of your laptop.
- Also, it comes with Windows 10 professional with 3 year McAfee internet security software.
- Lastly, this laptop comes with Bang & Olufsen Quad Speakers, so you are going to hear base with the high trebles.
- A bit bulky when you compare it to other laptops.
- The 17-inch screen is suitable for video editing, but carrying it in your bag is a bit of a hassle.
- On the other hand, the backlit keyboard comes with light-colored letters, so it is hard to work with it when the room lights are dim.
5. Omen Gaming Laptop by HP
The omen gaming laptop is a brand that comes under HP. These laptops are designed explicitly for gaming desktop replacement laptops. And when you get to use Omen, you get to experience what the true gaming laptop can do when used at its full potential.
You can throw any game at it, and it will be run without any problem. No frame drops to be seen anywhere. With this laptop, you are carrying your gaming computer with you in a backpack.
Now you don’t have to worry about taking your massive system for a LAN party. Just close the lid of the laptop and pack it in the bag, and you are ready to go secure and reliable.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Omen Gaming Laptop by HP that earned it a spot in our list of Best Desktop Replacement Laptops To get in 2021.
- First of all, it’s a 15-inch laptop that packs so much computational and graphical power inside of it.
- Secondly, it comes with Intel’s Core i7 processor, which is excellent for doing multitasking, video editing, and hardcore gaming.
- Also, with a great processor comes high RAM usage; thus, Omen is providing you two options in the RAM department, you can either go for a base model that has 16 GB RAM or you can crank it up all the way to 32 GB.
- The pre-installed SSD starts from 128 GB of space along with that you get 1 TB HDD to store all your games.
- With Nvidia’s RTX 2060, you can enable ray tracing and play games that support ray tracing technology at a frame rate higher than 50 fps.
- On the other hand, you can overclock the processor with the software which is already present in windows.
- Lastly, the keyboard comes with RGB lighting, and you can configure each key according to your liking.
- As a gaming laptop, you cannot expect it to have excellent battery life. So you need to carry a charger with you all the time.
- Also, it’s a bit heavy to be used as a daily driver for your work.
- Moreover, it certainly isn’t a great laptop to carry with you at a meeting or a presentation.
- This is due to its overly attractive gaming design.
4. Lenovo ThinkPad P50s
Lenovo is not leaving any stones unturned with their ThinkPad line up of laptops. You might have seen your teacher, bosses carrying this laptop around with them. And you think how could someone carry a laptop which looks so dull.
But in truth, that’s one of the most significant selling points of this laptop. Its minimal design is what makes it pleasing for so many professionals. When you are opening this in a meeting, everyone in the room knows this man knows the business.
You might not know this, but Lenovo is one of the most premium brands that are out there selling laptops. And their laptops are slightly more expensive than other laptops that are running the same hardware.
The laptops Lenovo make are ideal for all kinds of task, and you can use it for playing games and using it as a professional system for editing your short movies and photos. On the other hand, as we said, they are most known for their business laptops, which is ThinkPad.
Lenovo’s main emphasis during the manufacturing of this laptop was to build something for the professionals. A laptop can give them the freedom to carry their essential documents without any worries.
It is one of the most secure systems you can find in the laptop market. And the build quality is top-notch. It can easily give nice competition to all the flagship laptops in terms of Chessie and body design.
Moreover, don’t think about this laptop to be carrying old hardware, which is of no use for an intensive computational task. Its processor can easily tower up any software and performs excellently under high load.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Lenovo ThinkPad P50s that earned it a spot in our list of Best Desktop Replacement Laptops To get in 2021.
- First, you can choose from two processors. You can either select intel’s i5 or i7. Both of these are great when it comes to multitasking.
- Secondly, if you want to edit videos in true 4k resolution, you can opt for a Quadro graphic card option from Lenovo’s official website.
- The keyboard and its layout are the best, and once you start typing on it, there is no going back to any other computer.
- All CPU options of ThinkPad comes with vPro management technology along with the encryption of TPM.
- Moreover, it comes with a single touch fingerprint reader, so you can be sure nobody can unlock your device without your permission.
- The screen resolution is 3840×2160, which is a true 4k resolution. Thus, you can see every detail of the shots you are editing in the system.
- Screen resolution is 4k, but when you have a laptop with a 15-inch screen, there is no point in having so many pixels cramped upon such a small screen.
- Screen brightness is a bit dimmer than the average laptops at this price point.
- Also, it’s a bit heavier, and Lenovo could have done something to reduce it’s weight while still providing all the hardware components.
3. Microsoft Surface Pro 6
Surface pro might not be the latest in Mircosoft’s surface lineup, but it is the best one yet to come out. Microsoft is a big tech giant when it comes to software, so the company tried its hands on the laptop market. As a result, we get to see surface pro 6.
The surface pro 6 is, without a doubt, the hands-down best windows ten tablet you can ever find on the market. From the outside, when you take a look at it, you will find out that there are not many changes from its predecessor.
Also, it has the same port selection from the previous one. It surely is not a laptop, but it can do most of the things you require from your laptop in the real world.
If you compare it to its arch-rival Apple’s Ipad, you will find out that it’s 100 grams heavier. When you attach the keyboard cover with the surface, it becomes 1.08 kgs; this is still the lightest from all the ultrabooks that are present in the market but even a bit on the heavier side when comparing it to tablets.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Desktop Replacement Laptops To get in 2021.
- The first thing as soon as you open up the surface screen is the pixel density, which is 267 PPI.
- Thus, it gives the surface a sweet and crisp resolution of 2736×1824. With an extra screen space in terms of vertical aspect.
- Also, you can get i5 and i7 processors in these Microsoft offerings.
- The type of cover makes it an ultrabook in less than 5 seconds. Its magnetic hinge makes it easy to connect with the surface pro and use it as a regular ultrabook.
- The surface pen is still one of the best Stylus you can get as an accessory for any laptop and tablet.
- Speakers present on the surface pro 6 are loud and clear, giving you an excellent audio experience with a bright screen.
- Moreover, the front and the back camera of the Surface Pro is good for clicking photos and video chats. You won’t be disappointed if you use it for regular video calls.
- Lastly, the IR facial recognition works perfectly every single time and takes only about a second or two for the authentication.
- No dedicated graphics card, so don’t think about gaming and editing videos on 4k on the go.
- It doesn’t have any fans present in the chassis, so if you are living in a hot area. It could quickly heat up and cause thermal throttling.
- As the internals are updated, we want ports to be updated too, but we didn’t get that from Microsoft.
- No full HDMI port. Instead, you are getting a mini DisplayPort to share the screen.
- On the other hand, you are only getting the Windows 10 home version, not the pro from this model.
2. HP Notebook Laptop
HP is the old school name in the computing world. You might have seen people using its laptop in your college, school, and even in the office.
The company was founded in the year 1939, and as it stands is one of the first companies to start making laptops for individuals. The variety HP provides to its customers when it comes to selecting laptops is just enormous.
You can choose from 100s of different laptops with different configurations and colors. Also, they are the ones who provide you with one of the most reliable machines you can find in the market.
Being a computer brand that is also selling computers and its accessories, the makers of the laptops know what they are doing when they are manufacturing laptops.
Likewise, as we said, HP gives you lots of variety and different options with flexible costing. The laptop range starts from $200 and can go up to $2000 depending on your usage and what kind of work you want to accomplish by using them.
On the other hand, the popular series of HP are Envy, Spectre, Pavilion, Elite. The pavilion series is a game-ready series you can easily play most of the triple AAA titles that are coming in 2021 with mid to high settings with stable 50-60 frame rates per second.
It can meet all your multitask processes without breaking a sweat. Besides these, we have an Elite series of laptops that are made for the business class surely, and you can’t game in them as they are thin and light ultrabooks.
But the battery backup of these devices is quite good. And some of them can easily last up to 1 day if you are a heavy user.
Finally, coming down to Hp Spectre, this line up of laptops is the premium offering in laptops from HP. You are getting everything maxed out with high built quality aluminum Chessy to support all the components which the laptop in-house.
The screen is the brightest, and it comes with an OLED display to show you the true colors of the picture and the movies. If you are a content creator and a video editor, this needs to be in your backpack when you want to edit something on the go.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the HP Notebook Laptop that earned it a spot in our list of Best Desktop Replacement Laptops To get in 2021.
- First, the laptop comes with a full HD screen to give you all the bright colors and an excellent movie experience.
- Also, when it comes to HP, you can’t beat the cost of the laptops.
- As a result, this HP laptop comes with 500 GB of internal storage with a 5400 rpm speed.
- In addition to this, no laptop is great if it doesn’t come with graphics.
- Thus, HP provides 2 GB of graphics in this system.
- On average use, the battery could easily last up to 7 hours of screen usage.
- It is one of the most basic laptops, and it still holds its place quite nicely on our list.
- It only comes with 4 gigs of installed RAM, you can increase the RAM by purchasing it by yourself, but in 2021 we are expecting at least 8 gigs even in base models.
- Moreover, there’s no pre-installed solid-state drive SSD for usage. In recent years we have seen a staggering decrease in the prices of SSDs. Keeping this in mind if HP could have provided even a 256 GB SSD that would make this laptop in our top 5 picks.
1. Dell Inspiron 7000: Best Dell Desktop Replacement Laptop
Dell has been in the laptop business for quite a while. If you are the one who’s looking for an actual desktop replacement laptop, you need to look at the laptop line up of the Dell Inspiron series. They have laptops for everyone.
From college-going students who would love to have some gaming in their free time to business professionals who like to work on their computers. Without having to worry about the charging.
Dell’s Inspiron series has genuinely held the potential of being said as one of the best desktop replacement laptops. The majority of the laptops which you are going to find in this lineup are budget-friendly.
Likewise, most of the designs you can find in Dell laptops are pretty straight forward with no edginess to be found. Even their high-end laptops, such as Dell’s XPS series, comes in light colors so as not to attract any kind of unwanted attention.
They are like the sleeper PCs from outside. They will look like a regular laptop. But what’s under the hood makes all the difference here.
On the other hand, when we are talking about Dell, there needs to be mentioning of the Inspiron series as these laptops helped in making the reputation of Dell of what we see today.
The after-sales support you get from the company is the best, and you can easily be able to contact them when you are having any problem with your system. Most of their laptops are seriously packed with the latest features, which makes the user experience quite amazing.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Dell Inspiron 7000 that earned it a spot in our list of Best Desktop Replacement Laptops To get in 2021.
- First, it comes with the 9th gen intel processor, and you can choose how much power you want your intel processor to be. The range starts from i5 and goes all the way up to i9.
- Secondly, the Dell Inspiron series provides you with two RAM variants you can choose 8 gigs or 16 gigs of RAM in your laptop.
- Also, every single laptop in this line up comes with a solid-state drive pre-installed in the M.2 slot of the motherboard of the system.
- Likewise, the keyboard is a chicklet style with the number pad. Moreover, you are also getting a backlight with the keyboard so you can work even in dim light.
- The screen is an anti-glare LED with 1920×1080 resolution, which is the standard resolution in most the laptops.
- You are also getting 3 gigs of a dedicated DDR5 graphics card in these systems from NVIDIA.
- As a result, you can easily play games on this computer when you are free from work.
- The port availability is excellent as you are getting three USB 3.1, one Thunderbolt type C port, and a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- The touch screen is missing. Dell could have provided us with one touch screen variant from the Inspiron series.
- The webcam is not good enough for regular video conferencing.
- No color options. You are getting a single platinum silver as a color to choose for this laptop.
So you have seen our list, and now you know you can easily find desktop replacement laptops online. Take a look at these laptops and find which one suits your requirements.
If you are a gamer and like to play games a lot, then going for an Omen and ROG series is an ideal choice for you. But if you are a businessman and want to make sure that your laptop’s battery can run throughout the day, then you need to have a Lenovo Thinkpad.
On the other hand, if you are a college-going student, you should be looking at Dell’s Inspiron as it’s an all arounder and will help you finish your assignments, edit your videos and play online games with ease.
Now go and get the best laptop for yourself and take your workstation with you anywhere in the world without any problem.