Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Elevation Apps For Accurate Elevation Details? 🤔
We got you covered in this list post.
So without further ado, let’s explore this list. 📗
There are quite a lot of reasons why an individual may need an elevation app. It may be to check for the level above sea level, the height of a surface, the current needs in a location due to health reasons or the many other things that are associated with heights and elevation.
In the past, there have been a lot of locations and height devices used by professionals like hikers, climbers, mountaineers, and other individuals who have a huge appetite to explore heights and things related to it.
However, most of this equipment is very expensive and this means a lot of people can’t afford them. The few people that can afford them also believe there is a need for cheaper and simpler alternatives.
That cheaper and simpler alternative has arrived through the help of innovations in recent years in the form of elevation apps. Ideally, an elevation app does what the normal traveling and height equipment do plus more.
An elevation app can help to determine your location, your height above sea level, temperature, atmospheric pressure and a lot more. It doesn’t just do better in this aspect, but it is also smarter and simpler.
You don’t need to carry heavy equipment along with you as you go out. All you need do is just install an elevation app of your choice (and you can have more than one at a time) on your smartphone from Google Play Store, and you are good to go.
It’s easy, just install and go. All you need is an android or iOS smartphone and your problem is solved.
A major issue, however, is how to choose the right elevation app. The truth is, the internet is filled with a lot of elevation apps from various app developers. Everyone just wants to put something out there and make some money and fame without considering the welfare of the users.
At the end of the day, the blowback is going to be on the user who has trusted such an app, which is why you need to make an informed decision. Imagine installing an app that doesn’t do what it promised and you are now somewhere far away from home hiking or climbing.
If the app can’t provide you with all the details you require at a particular point, it could be risky. You are not just going to be stranded, but you would also be putting your own life at a huge risk.
We don’t want you to fall victim to bad and mediocre elevation apps and as such, we have decided to do the heavy lifting for you and reel out the list of the best elevation apps you can get from the market.
All of the apps that make our list have been tested and recommended by past users as being good enough to back you up on your sojourn and adventure into climbing, traveling or mountaineering at various spots and levels in various locations across the world.
Best Elevation Apps: Our Top Pick 👌👌👌
1. My Elevation App
The Elevation App is arguably one of the best options out there in terms of the perfect app that would suffice for whatever you need as an adventurer and traveler.
With this app, there would be no need to worry in any way as it is almost accurate and impeccable in the way it works. This app has a lot of credibilities and with a rating of 4.6 out of 5 from over 12 thousand reviews on Google Play Store, you would agree with me that it is a top-notch app.
It is easy to install and use, and it doesn’t come with unnecessary ads that would slow down the process. All you need do is install the app on your phone, and make sure your phone is connected to a web service provider.
It would also work perfectly with Wi-Fi services, and you would get the exact surface elevation according to your current location.
This app is built to determine your elevation level or height above sea level with the use of longitude and latitude which makes it very accurate.
Longitude and latitude represent a mathematical and scientific approach to determining the exact location of things and people above sea level, and that is the system that this app uses.
Another great thing about this app is that it changes and provides you with the accurate elevation details you need in real-time.
For instance, as you move from location A to B, this app instantly provides you with the accurate height above sea level as you move. Just make sure you have a steady data or Wi-Fi connection and you would have all the needed information on the go.
This app isn’t just about height detection, but you can also use it to determine the weather conditions of your location and nearby places in order to plan your movements.
For instance, if you are in location A and you wish to know the weather conditions in locations B, C, and D, all you need do is to long-press on such locations on the map and you will get all the weather conditions of those places in real-time.
Also, you can get real-time data on places of attraction near you in order to truly explore on your travels. You are also allowed to share your location and every other thing you find with your friends through emails or texts as you desire.
Without a doubt, the elevation app is one of the best apps for determining elevations in the current market.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the My Elevation App that earned it a spot in our list of Best Elevation Apps.
- It is very easy to install and use.
- It can work perfectly on any android and apple smartphone.
- You can measure your heights above the sea level in real-time even when you are on the go.
- The app also allows you to detect the weather of places near you and share data with friends.
- It uses longitude and latitude to measure height and location which makes it very accurate.
- This app cannot work in offline mode, which means you need to be connected to a data source before using it.
- You can’t use this app to measure elevation when you are in a flight.
2. Altimeter and Altitude Widget
The Altimeter and Altitude Widget app is designed with a simple and flexible interface that allows for easy use and helps you in accurately measuring altitude (height above sea level) at all times.
This app is free to download on all platforms and it is also very easy to install and use. All you need is an android or apple smartphone with a secured data connection or Wi-Fi.
This app doesn’t just measure your current altitude, but it can also be used to track the height above sea level and atmospheric pressure as well as determining the weather conditions of various locations near you.
In providing these pieces of information, the app’s database is enhanced with the elevation data of various locations from across the world including the ones at NASA, AMSL, and others.
The fun with this app just doesn’t stop with determining your altitude above the sea level as you can also do a lot more. Some of the other things you can do with this app include, taking pictures of your favorite heights using the app.
You can also quickly determine the height difference between locations A and B by simply clicking on both locations at the same time. This app also allows you to know the altitude of various places even without visiting them.
By typing the Himalayas for example, you would be furnished with all the altitude details of this location which could come in handy should you desire to visit one day.
The Altimeter and Altitude Widget also allows you to record your mileages in climbing, hiking, mountaineering, skiing, and other activities as well as sharing them with friends if you so desire.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Altimeter and Altitude Widget app that earned it a spot in our list of Best Elevation Apps.
- It has a very smart and flexible interface that makes it very easy to use.
- It accurately measures the altitude of your current location while also providing you with the details of other locations in real-time.
- It can also measure the atmospheric pressure of various locations.
- It is connected to NASA, AMSL and some other top databases which enhance it to provide correct altitude information at all times.
- It allows you to take pictures of your favorite heights and sharing with friends if you like.
- This app is very easy to install and it doesn’t take much space from your device’s storage.
- It comes with a lot of ads which could be very annoying at times.
- There are some in-app purchases that you have to pay for in order to get the best out of the app.
3. My Altitude and Elevation GPS
Are you a fan of keeping track of the elevation while you travel through the mountains and the countryside? Then, this app would come in useful in fulfilling your interests.
The ‘My Altitude and Elevation – GPS’ app is one of the most useful and accurate options available when it comes to tracking altitude and various heights above sea level.
This app measures altitude in real-time and in three different units, including, meters, yards, and feet. It comes with a very powerful GPS that helps in tracking your altitude as you go on providing the exact data that you need.
It also uses the longitude and latitude system, which is a scientific and mathematical system that proves effectiveness. Once you have downloaded this app from the store, simply install it on your smartphone and connect your phone to a data source.
With this, you are perfectly equipped to get all the details you need about your altitude as you move. You can also share your location and details by taking a picture, and the picture would readily contain the altitude of your current location.
The pictures you take can be personalized as you can edit and change the color as you wish. Unlike some apps, this app allows you to store your location data and utilize it at various destinations at some other time.
You can also easily determine the altitude of some nearby locations as well as their weather conditions. Lastly, you should know that this app allows you to send your altitude data to friends via mail and texts should you desire to do so.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the My Altitude and Elevation – GPS app that earned it a spot in our list of Best Elevation Apps.
- It comes with a very powerful GPS that helps in tracking altitudes accurately.
- This app is very effective for tracking your altitude in real-time when on the move.
- You can easily check out the altitude and weather conditions of nearby places with this app.
- This app is very easy to install and it is also very easy to use as it comes with a self-use manual.
- This app measures altitude in three different units, including meters, feet, and yards.
- The app works very well with nearly all android and apple phones.
- This app doesn’t work in offline mode, which means it has to be connected to a mobile data or Wi-Fi to function properly.
- Just like most free apps, it comes with a number of ads that may pop up every now and then.
At the time of our research on “Best Elevation Apps”, we found a video about “What Happens to Your Body When You Climb Everest” which is worth watching. 🤴
4. Find My Height Above Sea Level
Are you always curious about height and always wanting to know the distance you currently are above sea level while on the travels or on one of your many adventures on the mountainside? We have an app that would be a worthy companion for you, ‘Find My Height Above Sea Level’.
This app does exactly what its name suggests, i.e. it accurately tells you your exact height above sea level every time you ask. Not only that, but it also helps you to track the various heights around you and provide you with all the necessary details.
This app is so useful that, it would definitely help you to prepare for your adventure even before you set foot on the road. How does it do this? Well, with the help of this app, you can easily detect the altitude level of the location you are headed by simply typing in the name of the location or coordinates.
Once you have done this, you would have all the details you need, and this would help you to properly prepare for your journey.
Other things that this app does is help you to track the atmospheric pressure of your location and surrounding locations, while also providing you with the various coordinates of different locations.
Aside from the fact you can use it for tracking altitude, this app looks good on your phone as it comes with beautiful themes and wallpapers of various heights and altitudes from around the world that you can use for your phone.
In terms of ease of use, it is very easy to use as it comes with a user-friendly interface, and it is also very easy to install free of charge.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Find My Height Above Sea Level app that earned it a spot in our list of Best Elevation Apps.
- It comes with a very user-friendly interface which makes it very easy to use.
- It helps you to accurately track the altitude of your current location.
- This app can provide you with the coordinates of various altitudes around the world which you can use to determine their heights above sea level.
- You can also track the altitude of various locations around you as well as the atmospheric pressure of your location and surrounding locations.
- This app can work on virtually all android and apple phones, and it is free.
- This elevation app doesn’t come with an offline mode, which means you need mobile data or Wi-Fi connections at all times to make it work.
- It comes with a lot of ads.
5. Altimeter Offline App
The Altimeter Offline app is another top choice app that would come in very useful for you to track your altitude every now and then when you are out on your adventures.
Sincerely, if you want to have some serious adventures in hiking, mountain climbing and the likes which would require you to use Elevation Apps, you might need to go far away from home. Moving far away from home means you may also not have good network receptions in most places.
Going by the fact that most of the apps that are used for tracking altitudes always require mobile networks and Wi-Fi to function means there would be an issue should you need to check out your altitudes, locations and atmospheric pressures in these situations.
What then is the solution? An offline app. With an offline app, you are truly covered in all circumstances, either with or without network services or reception, and this is why you need to seriously consider investing in the Altimeter Offline App.
This app would help you in tracking your altitude regardless of where you are. Not only this, but you can also track the altitude of nearby locations and also keep tabs on the weather conditions of nearby places.
Apart from ensuring that you don’t get stranded from lack of mobile network data, you can be sure that you won’t run out of power anytime soon too as this app comes with a power-saving feature that automatically saves your battery power once the app is inactive for some minutes.
The fact that this is an offline app doesn’t reduce its accuracy in any way. In fact, its readings are as accurate as anything you will get from other top online apps.
With this elevation app, you would be able to share your elevation data with your friends on social media. Lastly, you should know this app is very easy to install and use, and it is also free to install.
Below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Altimeter Offline app that earned it a spot in our list of Best Elevation Apps.
- This app accurately keeps track of the various altitudes you are involved in at various points without the need for a mobile network connection, i.e. it works perfectly offline.
- You have easy access to geographic coordinates which helps you to easily get altitude facts on various locations.
- You can easily share your altitude mileages to your friends on social media sites like should you desire to.
- This elevation app comes with a power-saving feature that ensures you don’t run out of power and get stranded.
- The Altimeter offline app is very easy to install and use, and it is also free to download.
- The data acquisition speed of this elevation app could be better and it needs some urgent work.
- There are just too many ads that you have to navigate through each time you use this app.
Salient Features to Look Out for in an Elevation Apps
There are thousands of elevation apps out there and we can tell you for free that some of them leave a lot to be desired. In other to make the right choice when choosing your elevation app, there are some important features you should look out for as a guide.
When an elevation app has some or all of this feature, it would likely serve you well. Check out some of these features below:
- Ease of use
- User-friendly interface
- Accuracy in tracking and determining altitudes
- Compatibility with mobile devices (especially android and apple smartphones)
- GPS Installed
- Online and offline mode.
All of these features are what makes a great elevation app and when you can’t find most of these features in any elevation app you are going for, we advise you to go for another option that has these features in place.
However, all of the apps listed for you above represent some of the best you can find anywhere currently and we guarantee they would serve you very well.
Do you have any suggestions on an app that we haven’t included yet which you think is worthy of mention? Reach out to us and we would be happy to hear your opinion.