Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best GPS Watches For Kids to buy in 2022? 🤔
We got you covered in this buyer’s guide. 😎
Let’s dive right in.
Watches around kids’ wrists were just a timepiece, you know to tell the time and ensure they get home on time. However, times have changed; with security becoming slimmer and a prerequisite to children’s safety and security, a watch does more than tell time.
Modern smart wristwatches include functions that enable parents to track and keep tabs on their kids, a worthwhile feature for peace of mind.
Still, these watches allow kids to improve their fitness, receive or make calls, get entertained, and stay connected with home and enable them to make new friends.
This is a worthwhile investment for a parent, but what exactly should a parent look for in a smartwatch, and how should you pick the most suitable for your kids? Like most wearable devices for adults, kid’s watches have also enjoyed the same evolution.
In this article, we will try to look at Smartwatches that not only allow seamless communications but has GPS, and a camera, are durable and easy to use, but these watches also provide room for kids to fiddle with them (as they will anyway).
It should also be easy to wear, light around the wrist, waterproof (definitely), and have a portable size screen to enable them to see without straining their eyes.
Best GPS Watches For Kids – Our Top Pick 👌👌
1. TickTalk Universal Kids Smart Watch Combo
What are you looking for in a smartwatch for your kids? If you can think of it, TickTalk got it. This smartwatch combines a GPS tracker, video, FaceTime, voice, Wi-Fi, message, camera, and other extra features that every parent will love.
So before you ask, how much? It is expensive but worth the price. In addition to all these features, TickTalk made them in colors that kids will love; they are bright, bubbly, and fun. Some come in two color combinations black and blue, etc.
One thing parents and kids will love with this smartwatch is its intuitive ability and very easy and simple-to-understand interface; you don’t need too many lessons going through the menu, and the navigation is super entertaining and fabulous for any kid.
TickTalk offers excellent 2-way communication, paired with two consistent telecommunication companies, T-Mobile and AT&T; the smartwatch uses 4G LTE signals but needs a SIM card pairing to enable the GPS tracker function.
- Large, readable, and bright touchscreen for kids
- A combination of GPS, LBS technology, and Wi-Fi makes the TickTalk smartwatch for kids provide accurate GPS positioning for your kids.
- Enjoy making videos, taking pictures, text messaging, and talking with your friends or mom seamlessly.
- We know kids love water, so TickTalk is IP67 and will remain functioning when placed in a one-meter deep watch, rainfall, shower, or rainstorm.
- Get your child walking and improve their fitness level with the pedometer or get them ready for school with the alarm feature. Keep tabs on dates and times using the calendar.
- SOS features allow you and your child to communicate even in low-network areas or when they are in trouble
- FaceTime with mum and compatible with Apple or Android devices
- A good smartwatch for kids ages 4 to 14 years
Overall, TickTalk is a smartwatch that any kid will treasure. It is also one that parents will love; the accuracy of the GPS and the ability to track who is calling your child or who they are calling is especially important. The parental control is outstanding on this smartwatch for kids.
2. XPLORA GO SIM Free Smart Watch for Kids
With SOS function, calls, messaging, a camera, and a pedometer are some features that this SIM-free smartwatch for kids possesses.
For parents who don’t think it is time for their children to own a wristwatch, the XPLORA GO is an elegant purple color watch that allows kids to make calls and receive them directly on their wristwatch.
In addition to waterproof capabilities, it has a school alarm function. You can be sure that your kids will be up and ready for school at the right time.
Furthermore, for moms, this device is easily paired with their smartphone, letting you track their movement and calls made and received.
You might want to keep calm about over-monitoring them, as this smartwatch won’t add anybody to the contact list without your approval—a sure sign of relief for parents, which is good.
- To give parents total control of their wards, XPLORA GO allows parents to shut off all features of the watch from their phone, which they can do, especially during school hours. This allows the smartwatch to go dormant and tell only time or enable them to call you.
- The sound quality is exceptional, with a crisp, clear microphone and speaker allowing incredible communication.
- No space for a head jack, which is excellent and eliminates private conversation that parents like.
- A GPS tracker that is steadily updated with your kid’s position is sent to your phone. To ensure child safety in times of danger, the XPLORA GO has an SOS button that, when depressed, sends an alert with your child’s position to your phone for help.
Ability to set safe zones to ensure your child’s safety; this also enables you to monitor their movement and sends you a notification when they step out of the zone for any reason and the time they did.
Other features that will make your kid love this smartwatch are:-
- The Fitness tracking feature enables them to stay fit and encourages them to get and stay healthy
- Ability to sync it with their Playstation and play their favorite games
- It has an exceptional battery life of 96 hours, allowing them to enjoy the device without the need to charge it
- Wi-Fi enabled, compatibility with most networks, lightweight and light on the wrist
- Simple, intuitive interface, especially for a young child
- Excellent camera and waterproof abilities make it a fabulous piece for young children.
Overall, the XPLORA GO is perfect; for parents, it is god-sent as it allows them to monitor their kids and how they are faring away from them.
Stay safe, and stay connected with the XPLORA GO for ages 5 to 12 years without breaking the bank.
3. DUIWOIM Smart Watch for Boys and Girls
Are you looking for a smartwatch for your daughter or son with excellent positioning accuracy, SOS, and a host of fun features to keep them busy? This is it?
With the high rates of missing children, kidnapping, and kids falling into circumstances that keep parents on their toes, a GPS device is the best way to go.
However, buying a GPS device for your child makes it look as if you don’t trust them, so a watch with other attractive features will take their minds off the tracking features but will give parents that peace of mind they so desperately need.
The DUIWOIM smartwatch provides parents will excellent geolocation using WiFi, LBS, and GPS, but the smartwatch needs to be fitted with a SIM card to activate these features and keep track of their position.
DUIWOIN designs are for kids; it is simple, easy to use, and consist of a 1.44-inch square face touchscreen with a front-facing camera, an SOS button, and a charging port.
Available in only two colors – pink and blue, this watch is an excellent swimming or watersport wristwatch with an IP67 rating that protects it from dust and water.
It can stay under a meter of water for 30 minutes and remain active and functional, enabling you to do all your activities.
- Overall, DUIWOIM has excellent sound clarity making calls a breeze. It does need a SIM card to activate its smart features, especially the GPS positioning system.
- Keep them fit with the step counter or busy with the activities located in the wristwatch.
- Monitor your child’s activity and know what they are up to
- Entertaining, educative, and cognitive development watch for kids
- Receive an immediate alert when the SOS button is pressed with GPS positioning
- It has a long battery life of 7 days and is great for kids ages 5 – 10
- best smartwatch for 10 year-old with gps
DUIWOIM GPS Watches For Kids might not have all the flashy features that other smartwatches have, but if you are a parent that wants to keep track of your child’s whereabouts and activities, this smartwatch will enable you to do just that perfectly.
At the time of our research on “GPS Watches For Kids”, we found a video about “How parents and Kids see childhood” worth watching. 🤴
4. Garmin Vivofit Jr. 2 Captain Man Smartwatch for kids
If there is a reliable name is smart devices and GPS trackers, it is GARMIN. They have been building smart and GPS-oriented devices forever, and now the Vivofit for kids is not just a GPS tracker but a fitness tracking watch that also enables you to monitor your child’s health, steps, and even sleep pattern.
The Garmin Vivofit will enable you to keep tabs on their voice calls and messages, stay connected with them all day and is durable, affordable, and stylish. Waterproof design watch for any child to get along throughout the day.
Garmin promises a yearlong battery life on this smartwatch; it is no surprise, considering how battery life is fair on most of their products.
Guess we will have to put that to the test. However, parents who have used this device for their kids attest to its outstanding battery life and durability.
- Although the phone doesn’t have the GPS monitoring feature, it allows you to track your child’s health, behavior, and sleep pattern from your smartphone. The device allows you to track their chores and is a fun way to ensure it is done.
- Have a kid that needs to improve on their weight? This smartwatch lets children track their fitness activity and break previous records for a reward. They get to make a move on the Garmin board game, pushing them to work harder.
- If you are tired of the old strap, pop out the console and change it; it is that simple.
- best kids watch with gps
Overall, the Garmin Vivofit might not be the GPS-positioning smartwatch that is expected, but it will help you build a complete child that is responsible, morally sound, and knows the value of hard work and reward.
At the time of our research on “GPS Watches For Kids”, we found a video about “16 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life” which is too important for parents to watch.
5. Owl Cole Best Smart Phone Watch for Kids
Find your kids as they wander away from you immediately with the superior tracking capabilities giving you a 24 hours tap on your kids every time. The Owl Cole watch comes in vibrant colors that kids would love.
Designed for kids aged 4 to 12 years old, it has 1.44 inches; this smartwatch only supports 2G and 3G technology and needs a SIM card inserted to activate the smart feature, including the GPS function.
- It has excellent connectivity with the parent’s smartphone allowing you to keep tabs on them. Furthermore, this watch allows the parents to get a notification on their phones if the child removes the smartwatch from their wrist.
- Parents can set a secure zone to keep tabs on their position; they get an alert when the child walks out of the set zone.
- Excellent GPS accuracy combines LBS with a minimal error
- Enjoy water sports and playing in the rain with the IP67 waterproof rating
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- It comes with an SOS feature to three contacts, voice mail, and the ability to make and receive calls, including a block call option for an unknown number
- Help your child build a fitness routine with the calorie and step counter, or stay busy with the educational games on the device.
Other features are:-
- Very lightweight and easy-to-use interface
- The remote control camera option allows a parent to take a picture of the surrounding area where the child is without their knowledge.
- It has a battery life of 3 days
Overall, the Owl Cole Smartwatch phone is giving parents the power to be parents with immerse tracking and visibility capability of their kids wherever they are; you know you will always have that peace of mind at home. So get one if you have fears about your child’s whereabouts.
6. Benobby Smart Watch for kids
This is one of those smart kid wrists watches that you will never purchase because it is not a brand that screams, but if you are looking for a smartwatch that has all the features, including GPS, SOS, fitness trackers, message, call, and camera functions, you have just got yourself one of the best.
And it is affordable too.
Available in two different colors, this smartwatch has a flashlight feature that your child can switch on if they find themselves in the dark; the silica gel material is safe and non-irritant to the child’s skin.
- A super responsive touchscreen with simple-to-use buttons positioned to enable your child to know how to use the watch without help.
- Suitable for three years and above
- It supports two-way calling features, call blocking abilities that prevent people from harassing your kid.
- Nano SIM card control
- Parents can connect to the smartwatch to monitor all calls made to and from the watch from their smartphone.
- Combines GPS, LBS, and WiFi to provide an accurate position of your child
- Three numbers SOS, flashlight, camera, and excellent after-sales services
- Monitor your child’s health and fitness activities
- kid watches with gps t-mobile
Overall, the Benobby smartwatch for kids is the best watch a parent could get for their kid. Asides from the water-resistant features and GPS, this smartwatch allows parents to monitor their child’s call, location, and camera through the remote control app on their phones.
7. Lsflair GPS Children’s Watches Phone
Knowing where your kids are is good; controlling their camera or voice calls remotely takes parenting and security up a notch effectively from your phone without any stress or invasion of their privacy.
In addition to these features, it offers SOS, alarm, and easy-to-use features for kids ages 3 to 12.
Below are some of the features of The Lsflair GPS Children’s Watches Phone that earned it a spot in our Best GPS Watches For Kids list.
- Accurate positioning of your child with a combination of GPS, WiFi, and LBS real-time technology that allows you to remain in contact with your child through the app on your phone
- The GPS tracker updates you about your child’s whereabouts through a voice message
- 3 numbers SOS alarm notifying you of an emergency
- Activity tracker including pedometer keeping a tab on their health
- Extremely clear sound for 2 way calls and educative games to keep the young one entertained
- Camera, voice message, group chat, and child’s route to school and anywhere
Overall, this watch is worth the buy, wears nicely, and is light for a child’s wrist. With 0.3 miles error, parents can rest assured that their children are always where they are supposed to be. And the best part, it is affordable.
8. Vtech KidiZoom GPS Watches For Kids
If you are looking for an educative and innovative smart wristwatch for your child, VTech is the brand for you.
Made by one of the largest American electronics makers, this wristwatch contains innovative and educational activities for kids of all ages.
With a silicone bracelet soft to the skin, this square-face touchscreen watch has a simple, intuitive interface that comes in two bright, vibrant, and beautiful colors that every kid will love.
Designed for ages 4 to 0 years, kids enjoy the super clear cameras for pictures and videos with various filter options to make it fun, which can also be uploaded to a computer and printed out using the USB connectivity port on the smartwatch.
Below are some of the features of The Vtech KidiZoom GPS Watches For Kids that earned it a spot in our Best GPS Watches For Kids list.
- Being a kid watch, it is packed with games and activities that excite most children, including dancing, puzzles, and logic games.
- Customizable features with over 55 layouts, a calendar, calculator, alarm, stopwatch, and timer
- It has a battery life of two weeks and a memory space of 256MB
It does have all the GPS and WiFi features, it is one of the best waterproof smartwatches for kids.
9. Jsbaby Waterproof Kids Smart Watch with GPS/LBS
Although this is another excellent watch, which is tagged waterproof with an IP67 rating, it will not survive underwater for that long hence should be avoided for water sports or in a water environment for too long.
However, for kids ages 3 to 12 years, this smartwatch is packed with a host of other features that parents and kids will love.
Below are some of the features of The Jsbaby Waterproof Kids Smart Watch that earned it a spot in our Best GPS Watches For Kids list.
- Excellent sound clarity when making or receiving calls or when recording a voicemail message
- Three contact SOS number for emergencies which is activated by depressing the button for 3 seconds
- Needs a SIM card to activate the GPS feature with connectivity to the parent’s smartphone to allow them to monitor their movement and activities?
- Can only connect with a 2G without SIM and 4G with SIM
Overall, with its super accurate GPS positioning system, this wristwatch is putting parents’ minds at rest, especially for young kids off their own, like on a school bus.
Some buying guide for a smartwatch for a kid is weight, the material the straps are made out of (you don’t want one that will irritant their skin), the cost, the ease of use, and compatibility to the parent’s smartphone.
We know the one for us and would love to know which one you like. However, the smartwatch for kids is the most innovative object of the 21st century that is helping parents stay calm while pursuing a career and having their kids roam the community with adult or known supervision.
Although the GPS Watches For Kids 2022 list seems overwhelming, the most important factor is staying connected to your child anywhere they are. GPS features are usually on most smartwatches and are activated when a SIM card is inserted in the gadget.