Do you get pop-ups like “access denied”, “unauthorized access” or some message that it isn’t accessible in your area. Nowadays Internet service providers have restricted many of our sites that were important to us. Torrent sites, foreign sites get restriction from area to area. While we can live without these sites, but their presence brings ease to our life. Thus, all of us needed something to deal with this problem, something to regain access. This is where VPN kicked in. It is an angel in disguise to get access to sites without revealing your information. Let us get to know what it really is and how to use it.
What is VPN?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. Thus, giving you access to the restricted content. While using it, you can also redirect your location to some other country or area to gain access to area specified content. To generate it, establishing a virtual point-to-point connection through the use of dedicated connections, virtual tunneling protocols, or traffic encryption is the necessary and sufficient condition. A VPN available from the public Internet can provide some of the benefits of a wide area network (WAN).
How to establish VPN?
This is a step by step guide on how to set up a VPN on your Android device/Windows PC.
1. Go to the wireless and network settings
- For Android – Go to settings, and direct yourself to Wireless and Network settings. There, you will find VPN icon, click on it.
- For Windows 10 – From your desktop screen, click on the Network icon, found at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen and click on Network Settings. Navigate to add VPN and click on it
2. Add and configure
- For Android + windows – When you click on add VPN button, a list pops up to choose from. Choose PPTP VPN and VPN provider: Windows (built-in). Then an array of blank like VPN Name, Set VPN server, Enable encryption are present. Enter the name and server where you have to add the IP address by help of some VPN data providing site easily found on Google. Leave alone the Enable encryption part.
3. Add username and password
- Username and password is something you have to set on your own or maybe use what your info provider has given.
4. Connect and you’re ready to go
The last and the easiest step, first to your Internet. And then
- For Windows – You’ll find the username you saved above the Internet connections in the connections bar. Tap on it and press on connect, you’re good to go.
- For Android – As soon as you enter the username and password, you’ll see a key indicating on the task bar. That means you are connected.
DON’T FORGET TO DISCONNECT