If you’re someone who is looking for DevOps Interview Questions, look no further because we provide the top interview questions for both Experienced and Trainers. Owning a market share of 10%, DevOps certainly has good potential for growth. Being part of the DevOps team will also help you get a competitive income as the average salary of a DevOps Engineer can reach up to $130K. You still have the opportunity to stand apart from the crowd and move ahead in your career in DevOps Engineering. These Advanced DevOps Interview Questions 2018 can help you in acing your interview and getting your dream job.
1. What is the difference between DevOps& Agile?
|DevOps VS Agile|
|Test continuously.||Test as early as often possible.|
|Test Automates almost everything.||Test automates as much as possible.|
|Continuous integration and testing are mandatory.||Integration is continuous and testing steps forward.|
|It connects many cross-functional teams.||The gap between these terms is bridged in daily scrum calls.|
|Aligns Ops with stability.||Aligns development with business priorities.|
|Potentially code shifts after every integration.||Potentially code shifts at the sprint end.|
2. What is the need for DevOps?
In order to achieve high customer satisfaction, companies are required to ensure the following:
- Increase deployment frequency
- Lower the failure rate of new release
- Shorten the time gap between the fixes
- In case of new release crashing, faster mean time required for recovery.
DevOps fulfills all the requirements and helps in delivering flawless software. Companies like Google, Amazon, and Etsy have adopted DevOps to increase the level of their performance by delivering world-class stability, reliability, and security.
3. What are the major open source DevOps tools?
Following are the major DevOps tools in the industry:
- Nagios (Icinga)
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Integration
- Gradle etc.
4. Define the DevOps toolchain.
- Code: code development and review, tools for source code management, merging of codes.
- Build: continuous integration tools, build status.
- Test: Continuous testing tools that also provide feedback regarding business risks.
- Package: artifact repository, application pre-deployment staging.
- Configure: infrastructure configuration and management, Infrastructure as Code tools
- Monitor: monitoring application performance, end-user experience.
DevOps focuses on effective communication and collaboration. The issues from the development and operation sides can be handled, effectively joining the two worlds. I’m keenly interested in ensuring that all of the moving parts come together.
6. What testing is necessary to ensure a new service is ready for production?
When it comes to continuous testing throughout the process, from the beginning of the development until the production, DevOps covers all. This ensures that developers deliver error-free code of high quality and it also helps everyone to utilize their time more effectively.
7. List the agile methodology of DevOps.
- DevOps is a process and is similar to Agile.
- It is basically problem-solving.
- Developers managing production.
- DevOps is a development-driven release management.
8. What is the popular scripting language of DevOps?
9. Benefits of using DevOps?
- Continuous software delivery.
- Less complicated problems to fix.
- Faster resolution of problems.
- Faster delivery of features.
- More stable operating environments
- More time available to add value.