Are you tired of juggling multiple productivity tools and struggling to keep your team on the same page?💁
Do you constantly switch between Notion and Slack, trying to consolidate information and communicate effectively? Look no further because we have the ultimate solution for you: Notion Slack integration.
In today’s fast-paced digital world, seamless collaboration and streamlined workflows are crucial for maximizing productivity.
With the integration of Notion and Slack, you can combine the power of two industry-leading tools, empowering your team to work smarter, faster, and more efficiently.
In this article, we will explore Notion-Slack integration’s endless possibilities, from real-time communication to task management, document sharing, and beyond.
Get ready to revolutionize your work and take your productivity to new heights.
Let’s dive in and discover how this powerful integration can transform your workflow and supercharge your team’s efficiency.
Different Options for Notion Slack Integration
Let me walk you through the different options I have tried and tested.
Native Notion Slack Integration
Before we get to the third-party app, Slack has a Notion-specific app on its marketplace. The setup procedure is simple. On your Slack workplace, install the Notion app.
To do this, open Slack and scroll down on the left pane to Apps. Here click the plus Button (AddApps).
Next, search for notion in the list of options, or type Notion in the search bar.
Now, locate the top-right update bottom in the Notion interface. Select the “Connect Slack channel” option found in the drop-down menu.
Make sure to give all the necessary permission before continuing the configuration.
Notions’ Slack app allows you to accomplish the following:
- Updates and changes to the Notion page should be posted in the Slack channel.
- Notify users when their names are mentioned on the Notion page.
The features are, as you can see, restricted. Notion’s native bot usually will only be capable of notifying users of mentions and updates via Slack.
It doesn’t meet our need to populate a Notion page with entries from Slack automatically. As a result, I utilized a third-party automated program.
Notion Slack Integration using 3rd Party Applications
You’ll need a third-party automation solution to add items to a Notion page inside Slack. Unfortunately, there is no way to automate Notion and Slack using IFTTT (If This Then That).
As a result, we’ll have to utilize Zapier, a comparable automation service. In the free version, supports a greater number of applications and offers deeper integration.
First and foremost, a new Zap for Notion and Slack will need to be created. When you save/star a message in Slack, this Zap will create a record in Notion. If you wish to modify or alter a Notion entry, you must make your own Zap, which isn’t difficult.
Zapier is a robust online resource that allows users to automate tasks on several platforms.
1. Simply click the Zap link. Then, on the site, click the Try this Zap button.
2. Next, you must create an account on the Zapier website. It’s quite a simple process with many platforms these days, and you can do this using Google, Microsoft account, or Facebook.
3. Once you’ve completed the sign-up process, click the Get Started option to configure the Zap to your specifications.
4. Zapier will then prompt you to link your Slack account. Please note that you will need access to view your slack conversations and public channels.
5. You’ll be sent to the page below once you’ve granted all the required permissions. Then press the Next button.
6. Finally, you must link your Notion account to Zapier. Please carefully follow the instructions from here on out, as things are about to become more complex.
7. A pop-up window will appear, requesting an Integration token. The integration token can only be gotten in the Notion web application.
Configuration on Notion
8. Go to the Settings & Members section of the Notion online app.
9. Select Develop your integrations from the Integrations page.
10. Select the Create new integration option from the Integrations menu.
11. Now, make sure you give this integration a unique name on the page for New Integrations. Let’s call it Slack to Notion Integration for the sake of simplicity.
The next step is to choose an associated workspace. If it’s your workplace, it’ll be labeled with your display name.
If you’re a member of a group workspace, be sure you’re the administrator. Otherwise, the workspace will not appear. Then press the Submit button.
12. You’ll notice the Integration token in this step. To reveal and copy the secret code, click the Show button. This will be required for our Zap.
13. Leave the rest of the choices the way they already are. scroll down to the bottom of the page and save the changes.
14. Now that we’ve generated a Zapier integration code, we need to link the Integration token to a database in Notion. A Notion page is distinct from a Notion database, in case you didn’t know. For users who already have a Notion Database, it is ok to skip the following procedures.
Create a new page on the Notion site. From the Database area, you must choose a template. The table option is the one I’ve selected in my situation.
It’s available as a List, a Board, or a Calendar. Your page will not appear on Zapier if you choose anything besides Database.
15. My database is called New Database. Although the database’s name is unimportant, you must remember it for proper integration. Navigate to the top-right corner and select the share option.
16. Select the Invite option from the Share dropdown menu.
17. Select the Notion Integration we just established from the pop-up menu. It’s Slack to Notion Integration in my instance. After that, click the Invite button.
Return to the Zapier Integration Token page now. Here you should paste the copied code and select Yes, then Continue.
19. The name of the Notion database will come next. If you can’t locate the database name, try refreshing the list. This triggers a check for all Notion databases.
20. Zapier will display the entries in your Notion database on the following page. It would be best if you chose any roll depending on what you need.
For example, I’d want the text of a Slack message to be saved in the database row “Name,” the username in the “Tag” column, and the channel name in the “Content” row. Depending on your Notion table, you may receive various rows.
21. The next step is to translate the content of your Slack messages to the entries in your Notion database. You should be ready to test the connection on the next page. It will just send a test message to Notion to test the connections.
The exam will be successful if you attentively follow all of the instructions. On Zapier, you will get the following notice. You may also look for the fake item in your Notion Database database.
24. Once the setup has been verified as functioning, you may proceed to the following step and turn on Zap.
By starring/saving your message on Slack, you can put your Zap to the test. It will appear in the database of your Notion.
You can also do Notion Slack Integration with automate.io; follow our below video for this integration.
Two-Way Sync Adaptability
The Slack-Idea Zapier automation only syncs one way. Zapier, like other automation applications, does not allow two-way synchronization.
To put it another way, when you save an entry from Slack, it is added to Notion. However, removing the item from Slack does not delete the entry from Notion.
Loopholes in Privacy
Automation applications like IFTTT and Zapier have long raised privacy issues. First and foremost, the Zap mentioned above can only access the contents of your Slack channel.
It is not granted access to pages on Notion. Furthermore, Zapier cannot modify or remove items in the database you’ve connected. It only has access to the Notion database and may add things.
Zapier has access to the following information on Slack:-
- Public channels, text messages from your DMs.
- On Slack, you have public information about yourself.
Zapier will not keep the data above for more than four months. This information is kept for the sake of monitoring and re-running unsuccessful Zaps.
With automation services, these kinds of permissions are very frequent. Once you’ve finished using this Zap, I recommend disconnecting Zapier from Slack.
Can I integrate Notion with Slack?
Yes, you can integrate Notion with Slack by using the Notion app integration available on the Slack App Directory. This integration allows you to receive updates on your Slack channels whenever there are changes made to your Notion pages.
How do I integrate Slack channel in Notion?
To integrate a Slack channel in Notion, you can use the Slack app integration available on Notion’s integrations page. Once installed, you can choose which channel you want to integrate and what actions should trigger a notification to be sent.
What is Notion and Slack Zapier?
Notion and Slack Zapier is a tool that allows you to create automated workflows between Notion and Slack. You can use this tool to create custom notifications and automate tasks between the two applications.
What tools integrate with Notion?
Notion integrates with a wide range of tools such as Google Drive, Trello, Asana, Zapier, and more. You can find a full list of Notion integrations on the Notion website.
Is Slack better than Notion?
Slack and Notion are both great tools, but they serve different purposes. Slack is a real-time messaging platform, while Notion is a productivity and organization tool. The choice between the two depends on your needs and preferences.
Which CRM integrates with Notion?
Notion integrates with several CRM tools, including Pipedrive, Salesforce, and HubSpot. These integrations allow you to manage your customer relationships and sales pipeline directly from your Notion workspace.
How do I install Slack integration?
To install Slack integration, simply go to the Slack App Directory and search for the integration you want to install. Click on the “Add to Slack” button and follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
How do I link my workspace in Notion?
To link your workspace in Notion, go to the “Workspace” tab and click on the “Settings” button. From there, you can choose to link your workspace to other applications such as Google Drive, Slack, and Trello.
How do you collaborate on Notion page?
To collaborate on a Notion page, simply invite other users to the page and give them the appropriate permissions. You can work on the page simultaneously and leave comments and feedback for each other in real-time.
Is Notion automation free?
Notion automation is not completely free, but there are several free automation features available. For more advanced automation features, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan.
In conclusion, the integration between Notion and Slack is a game-changer for teams and organizations looking to streamline their collaboration and boost productivity.
By seamlessly connecting these two powerful platforms, users can unlock a whole new level of efficiency and effectiveness in their work processes.
With the ability to effortlessly share and sync information between Notion and Slack, teams can eliminate the need for constant context switching and reduce communication gaps.
The real-time updates and notifications ensure that everyone stays on the same page, no matter where they are or what device they’re using.
Furthermore, the flexibility of the Notion Slack integration allows for customizable workflows and tailored solutions to fit the unique needs of different teams.
Whether you’re managing projects, brainstorming ideas, or organizing knowledge, the synergy between these two tools empowers teams to work smarter and accomplish more.
By leveraging the power of Notion and Slack together, you can bring your team’s communication, collaboration, and productivity to new heights.
Say goodbye to scattered information, missed messages, and disjointed workflows. Embrace the seamless integration between Notion and Slack, and experience a truly unified and efficient work environment.
So, if you’re ready to take your team’s productivity to the next level, it’s time to explore the Notion Slack integration and revolutionize how you work.
Start integrating Notion and Slack today and unlock a world of possibilities for enhanced collaboration and streamlined workflows.
Your team will thank you for it!