It doesn’t matter if you are using Android or are a true Apple fan, we bet that regardless of your phone’s brand you take lots of pictures to capture memorable moments. And chances are you want to keep those memories. What is the safest way to store memorable photos? Well, storing images on your phone doesn’t require any effort, but what if any breakdown occurs? In this case, you would lose all those precious memories. How not to let this happen? The wisest choice would be to pass over your images to a computer. In this article, we will tell you how to move pictures from any smartphone to a computer quickly and with no effort.
If you own a Windows computer, you’ll find transferring your pictures quite simple. You won’t need any special software for this purpose, and the whole process should not take much time. Here is what you need to do:
- Connect the phone to a PC with a USB cable.
- Allow your PC to have a full access to the files stored on your phone by tapping Allow.
- On the computer’s screen, you will see a pop-up menu that asks what you would like to do with the connected device. You can either choose to open your phone’s folder and select the files manually, or you can transfer all media files right from this menu.
Just in three simple steps, you will have the needed files transferred.
How to transfer photos from Android to Mac? Now that’s where things get a bit more confusing, but, if you follow the guidelines given below, you shouldn’t face any issues.
- Make sure you have the needed cable or adapter. Some models of Mac computers come with different inputs, and this is something you have to consider in advance. Otherwise, you won’t be able to connect your phone to a computer.
- Next, you will need to download a special app. We recommend using Android File Transfer. Install this application before you move to the next step or find another software that suits your needs.
- Connect your phone.
- Most applications will launch automatically once they recognize your device. If this doesn’t happen, open the program manually.
- Choose the files that you need to transfer and move them to your desktop or
While things are quite intuitive when you use an Android phone, transferring images from an iOS device can be quite tricky. You may be surprised, but many iOS users have no clue how to do that even if they were using an iPhone for years. But don’t get worried if you are one of them! Below we have collected a few handy tips that will help you make this process fast and painless.
To copy your images to a Windows PC, you will need to follow these steps:
- Before you get started, get the latest version of iTunes that is available for your PC.
- Plug in your device .
- To give your PC a full access to the files stored on a phone, pick the option Trust this computer on a message that appears on your phone’s screen.
- If you have Windows 8 or 10: go to the Photos application and import your photos by selecting Import>From a USB Device.
- If you have Windows 7: wait for the pop-up menu, then choose the Import option and pick the photos you need or select all.
How to transfer files from iPhone to Mac? Here is what you need to do:
- Connect your phone.
- Unlock it and pick Trust if needed.
- The Photo app should appear automatically, if not, open it manually.
- Drag images to the needed folder on your computer.
Alternatively, you can also use Airdrop; here are the guidelines to follow:
- Before you get started, make sure that you have turned on Bluetooth and Airdrop on both of your devices.
- Go to your photo library from the phone and pick the files you’d like to transfer. Then click share and pick Airdrop.
- Choose your computer from the list of available devices.