Do you have the curiosity to know about the Best Piano Tuning Apps To Get Your Tunes Right? You can easily Find out now in this definitive list with our detailed review.
Are you a musician or love the sound of the tunes from a piano key being plucked? Well, now you don’t have to spend big dollars hiring a professional tuner, you can just download one of the plenty of Apps we are about to discuss in the article.
You do have a phone, right?
Why is it because you need it to download the app?
The piano tuning apps have been helping musicians stay true to their tunes, fine-tune their notes, and create melodious harmonies that will make you light on your feet. If you are thinking, wow, then we should begin.
Android or iOS, we have a piano tuning app for you that will make you the next Beethoven, Lang Lang, or perhaps Frederic Chopin.
Best Piano Tuning Apps – Our Top Pick 👌👌
1. Tuner – gStrings Free
Have a musical instrument that needs tuning, download the Tuner tuning app available on Google Play Store with a star rating of 4.7; join the over 10 million users who are using this app to fine-tune their piano and other musical instruments.
Tuner gStrings piano tuning app is a chromatic tuner app that correctly estimates the sound pitch and intensity of every note plucked on the keyboard to ensure it is precise and accurate to the ear.
In addition to tuning your piano, this app will enable you to tune your guitar, wind instrument, and even your own voice to perfection.
- Ability to customize your tunes
- A variety of built-in temperaments for accurate fine-tuning
- Built-in tuning tools to enable you to tune any instrument
- Ability to set and define tone frequency using the orchestra tuning
- Pitch pipe
Although it contains in-app purchases and ads, it is an on-the-go tuner that will ensure you notes are right and sound pleasing to the ears.
2. Best Tuner
Looking for a tuning app that will allow you to tune your piano or other instruments immediately, then download this app from the Google Play Store and join the over one million people who currently enjoy beautiful melodies on their instrument.
This 4.4 star rated app packed with plenty of tuning features was designed and tested by professional musicians is the best tuning app for beginners and professionals alike.
With three modes available; auto, sound, and play, Best Tuner is a user-friendly tuning app that will tune your piano, guitar, banjo, ukulele using tone algorithms that clearly distinguish sound for an exceptional result after tuning.
How does the mode function?
- In auto mode, the app calculates the frequency of the sounds and creates a pure sound replica in the same frequency
- In sound mode, the user selects the sound that needs tuning
- In-play mode, the app generates a sound based on the chosen frequency
- Ability to customize your sound setting from three choices – American, European, or solmization
- Determine bass frequency in cents
- Set your own Hz frequency
A great tuner for the price and will enable you to tune any time and place.
3. Tuner and Metronome
Get your sound right and keep your beat in check with this piano tuning app from Google Play Store. With ads and in-app purchases, this app has a 4.4 Star rating with over 10 million downloads has been delivering excellent tunes for pianists since it was released in 2012.
Tuner and Metronome is the most reliable free piano tuning app for musicians, buddy composers, and music lovers, it provides an accurate chromatic tuner, and professional hands-free metronome designed by musicians and it is simple to comprehend or use.
As part of the new upgrade, the app has added over 4,000 free music sheets to help you to get your rhythm right.
- Two tuner modes are available: chromatic tuner that measure the sound intensity and pitch; a customizable pitch-fork set to 440Hz by default but can be adjusted as desired
- Ability to upload your music sheet, record, and practice it
- Ability to integrate the one-touch recorder during a recording
- Flash-light metronome mood – this allows you to see the flash the beats on your wall in case the speaker is low
- Large buttons to ensure your fingers never slip onto the wrong key
- Compatible with most musical instruments, including, the guitar, harmonica, bass, drum, flute, ukulele, viola, and many more
- Supports transposed instruments too including the D-flat piccolo, E-flat saxophone, F-horn, and many more
- Get access to a microphone
- Works best on Android 6.0 and above
- Create your rhythm and have it edited
- Exceptionally accurate tuner
- One-touch metronome
- Beat and pitch analyzer
- Enjoy tuner, metronome, and recorder all-in-one
- Share your records
- Practice your record to become perfect
- A great recording studio
What are you waiting for; get tuning now, the world can’t wait to hear from you?
4. Free Universal Tuner
The free universal tuner as the name applies isn’t only great for pianos alone, it works for other musical instruments like the guitar, balalaika, gusli, violin, and many more.
So if you are looking to set your tune aright, join the over 500,000 people who are currently using this tuning app with a 4.8-star rating of the Google Play Store now.
In addition to being absolutely free, this tuning app doesn’t contain any ad, in-app purchases, or need any form of registration to tunes your instrument. In fact, it works fabulous offline, saving you big in internet time.
This highly efficient musical algorithm consumes less space on your device, it smooth, fast ad enables easy and accurate tuning without stress.
- Fewer instructions and more practice makes it a comfortable app to use
- Excellent at detecting high pitch up to 3 cents making it an inclusive app for tuning pianos
- Preset tuning information for more than 90 musical instruments including drop D, open C, and many more
- Comes with a default pitch frequency setting of 440Hz that is adjustable
- Color indication tuning mode enables you to determine which key/string is been tuned
- The chromatic mode makes tuning your piano very smooth
- Beeping sound when selected key reaches a predetermined frequency
- Play sound at the tap of a button
- Search for the right tune from the list
- Supports recording on Android 6.0 and above
It is a known fact that the Russians are great at producing exceptional tunes, and this app by Dmitry is one of many that will enable you to fine-tune your tunes to become perfect in no distant time.
At the time of our research on “Best Piano Tuning Apps”, we found a video about “Beginner Piano Mistakes That Are Slowing You Down” which is worth watching.
5. PianoMeter – Professional Piano Tuner
If you are searching for some professional tuning for your piano, you can’t go wrong with this piano tuning app by Willey Piano. Although the app contains no ads, it does have in-app purchases to will enable you to expand your tuning capabilities just like a professional.
Updated 2019, the app, available for Android users has over 50,000 downloads and a 3.9-star rating that will literary transform your phone into a professional piano tuner.
Worthy of note is that the free version of this app is for evaluation and to enjoy the features that this app packs, you will have to buy an upgrades version, but it will allow you to tunes the C3 and C5 on your piano
- The PianoMeter by Willey is unique in more ways than one; this app measures the tonal quality of each note and automatically calculates the ideal stretch or offset to ensure that your tune is fluid without compromising the temperament of other tunes. This allows for excellent flow between intervals just like a standard piano
- Consist of three levels of functionality; the free version (for evaluation), the paid plus version (consisting of basic tuning capabilities), and the professional version (for professional pianists) either of which is unlocked with a one-time in-app purchase
- Mid-range tuning functionality in the free version
- Detects note automatically
- Ability to measure notes and tune to an ideal setting
- Get a Live frequency spectrum for the tuning process
- Users that pay for the upgrade, get to enjoy the following;
- Save and load tuning files onto the app
- Access to features and enhancements
- Ability to calibrate the tuning app to an external frequency source
- Access to tuning frequency other than the 440 GHz
Still deciding on downloading this piano tuning app, it does have a microphone in it but needs permission to access it from your device. Overall, it is a very excellent app for pianists – new, and professionals.
At the time of our research on “Piano Tuning Apps”, we found a video about “The Top 5 Piano Exercises For Beginners” which is worth watching.
6. Entropy Piano Tuner – TP3
This digital piano tuning app is the ideal electronic software for tuning your piano, and with over 100,000 downloads and a 3.6-star rating, this Android piano tuning app uses entropy minimization to set the right tune for your piano.
Entropy minimization – quite a mouthful, it means the app individually analyzes each note-taking into consideration the tonal qualities when tuning your piano. This increases the accuracy and efficiency of the piano.
The process is carried out as such:-
- Record all the notes of your piano
- It automatically computes the optimal tuning of the keys
- Tunes the piano using the integrated tuner
Entropy piano tuner is not a beginner app; you have to be conversant in piano tuning to enjoy the benefits of this app.
- Provide very accurate tuning for your piano
- Not the most straightforward app to use but once you get the hang of it, it works like magic
- Available for iOS users too
- it contains no ads or in-app purchases, and it is absolutely free
However, you can visit their help page and study the process so that you can tune your piano accurately.
7. Pitched Tuner
Enjoyed by millions of musicians across the world, the Pitched Tuner app will help you to tune and pitch pipe your musical instrument to the perfect tune without stress.
The app with over a million downloads, a 4.5-star rating containing ads and in-app purchases allow you to tune your piano using the microphone on your android devices.
The chromatic mode on this app not only works for pianos, but will tune your violin, ukulele, mandolin, flutes, guitars, and even low bass strings.
The Pitched Tuner Piano Tuning Apps consists of two modes, the instrument tuner (great for stringed instruments like guitars, bass, banjo violin, and others), and the chromatic tuner (for tuning pianos).
- A great beginner app with super responsive and simple algorithms with precise accuracy at every use
- Tune your instrument without touching the screen in the hand’s free mode
- Uses the conventional tuner dial and needle to detect the closest frequency of the note to a one-hundredth of a semitone
- Has a separate indicator that alerts you about the sounds that your mic is picking
- Adjustable frequency pitch aside from the 440Hz
- Choose your desired theme – light or dark
- The pitch pipe enables you to tune your instrument exactly how it will sound to the listening ear
Another piano tuning app that will improve your musical skills and help you find your way around the notes on the board.
8. Piano Tuner Assistant
This Piano Tuning Apps is compatible with iOS 10.0 or iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch has an unbelievable 5.0-star rating on Apple Store.
Earlier known as piano temperament assistant, this piano tuning app is a beginner app that is assisting millions of musicians with the ability to tune a piano by ear.
The app allows you to visualize the changes that are happening as you are tuning the piano at the bottom of the app screen when a note or key passes the predetermined frequency it gives you an alert indicating the exact spot where it occurred.
- Extremely reliable apps for musicians who need a guide in tuning their pianos to the correct notes
- Excellent user-friendly app with tons of in-built features to enable you to tune your piano correctly
- Clearly detailed instruction to empower you to master how the app works without stressing you out
- Bright and durable interface
- Get a representation of two keyboards and a graph on your screen
- Color codes indication to enable you to know what you are doing
- The single tap feature allows you to listen to what you have tunes
Overall, this app is exceptional and will ensure your keyboard is set right with no key or note out of tune.
9. Verituner – Professional Piano Tuning
Professional musicians need their instruments tuned once in a while, and even though there are plenty of apps to help you do that, Verituner is available on Google Play Store and Apple Store is one of the best instrument tuning App on the internet.
The app, though, is also the most expensive with users having to pay $$$ to have it downloaded on their iOS phones. If you are thinking, it is too pricey; then, you might want to evaluate how much it takes to tune a key by a professional tuner.
Not only does Verituner deliver excellent results, but it is also so accurate and only for professionals who are knowledgeable in the art of tuning musical instruments like pianos and string instruments too.
- Amazing user-friendly app with an exceptional interface
- Fine-tune your instruments without stress
- Ability to capture high pitch sound, tune to appropriate pitches, and save your tuning
- Accurate and precise tuning on your piano and guitars
If you are a piano tuning professional, you need the Verituner app with you to work and deliver efficient results every time.
10. TuneLab Piano Tuner
This is another excellent piano tuning app available on the Apple Store for iOS, this 4.3-star app is not free, and is not for beginners with zero knowledge in piano tuning.
TuneLab piano tuner is a highly sophisticated tuner app for professional piano tuners and it can tune any type of piano. It is compatible with smartphones, computers, tablets, and laptops.
- Produces an impeccable accuracy to the tune of 0.02 cents
- Ability to choose the tuning stretch interval of your choice; either octaves or double octaves
- Calculates and uses inharmonicity of the piano to provide accurate tuning
- Automatically switches note when you play other notes
- Has a versatile frequency spectrum display
- Store all your tuning files in Dropbox in the cloud for safekeeping
- Covers 88 piano notes from A0 to C8
- Hands-free mode available
- Ability to switch up to three notes up or down from the current note
- Dual display spectrum visible on the screen simultaneously
- See the pitch in every note from the graph on the app
Overall, a very excellent app for professional piano tuners or people looking to become pros in tuning a microphone.
11. Accurate Piano Tuner
Available for iPhone and iPad users, this paid piano tuning app on Apple Store will allow you to tune your piano easily from your smartphone. With its easy-to-follow instructions, you couldn’t have better Piano Tuning Apps than this app.
Below are some of the features of the Accurate Piano Tuner that earned it a spot in our list of free piano tuning apps.
- Exceptional pitch accuracy indicator to the tune of 0.2 cents
- A4 standard note adjustment of 430 to 450 Hz with a 0.1 Hz accuracy
- Automatically measure the precision of each key lucked on the keyboard
- Listen to the tune when you are done
Overall, this piano tuner is an excellent, simple-to-use tuning app that will tune your piano effortlessly without stress.
12. Piano designer
Specifically designed for people who play the Roland piano, this piano designer tuning app enables you to tune your piano correctly as a professional tuner would do.
With over 10,000 downloads and a 3.3-star rating, users get to customize their tunes to create harmonious melodies.
Below are some of the features of the Piano designer that earned it a spot in our list of professional piano tuning app.
- Availability of different parameters like pitch, volume, tonal qualities to enable you to tune accurately
- Excellent user interface with the ability to control all functions from the graphical touch screen of your smartphone
- Fine-tune your piano like the best in the business
- Supports Wireless LAN, Bluetooth connectivity
- Compatible with a newer version of the Roland pianos
- It is free
Now you can enjoy playing your Roland piano with tunes from famous piano technicians right from your smartphone, and with plenty of preloaded settings, you can play tunes created by highly distinguished piano tuners.
13. Tuner T1
Another great Piano Tuning Apps that allows you to tune your piano or any other instruments like the guitar, ukulele, viola, cello, and many more; this app available on Google Play Store has a 4.6-star rating with over 5 million downloads to ensure your instruments are in the right tune.
In addition to the tuning capabilities, the Tuner T1 is equipped with a simple tine generator that uses a played musical tone as the reference mark for tuning your instrument.
Below are some of the features of the Tuner T1 that earned it a spot in our list of a Best smart piano tuner.
- Simple, intuitive app to use
- Ability to recognize live pitch
- Accuracy up to the tune of 0.01 cents
- The tone generator can generate a note range over 3 octaves
- Has a default frequency of 440Hz but you can also set your A4 if it is not set at 440Hz
The app has a free version but contains in-app purchases for a token so that you can enjoy other features on the app. Overall, a must-have app for musicians playing any instrument.
Play the piano with friends online
Whether you’re musically minded or just fancy tickling the ivories to see what you come up with, Shared Piano (Visit Here) is a tuneful new tool that lets you collaborate on composition with up to nine other people.
Start by sharing the link, then either use your mouse to select the keys or tap your computer keyboard to start playing – each user will see and hear what the others are doing, making for a great remote jamming session.
If you have a MIDI keyboard, you can plug it in via USB as long as your browser supports WebMIDI (Chrome does).
It’s also possible to change instruments, from options including a drum kit, drum machine, marimba, strings, synth, and woodwind, widening the scope of your tune. By scrolling up the page, you can see what each person has played. If you want to start over, just click ‘Start new room’.
We have, finally, come to the end of our tuning section, if you are a musician that plays the piano or other string instruments like the guitar, violin, viola, ukulele, and others, having it tuned at regular intervals ensure your instrument stay in tune during a play.
Although professional tuning technicians do a great job, the cost of tuning a key is expensive, and if you are not financially buoyant, you might end up abandoning your love for music until further notice.
Whether you are using Android or iOS devices, there is a Piano Tuning Apps for your piano that is free, easy to use and delivers excellent results.
Try them out!