Do you have a curiosity to know about the Alternatives To Procreate For Windows? 🤔
We collected 11 of the best ones for you in this post.
Let’s get started. 📗
Procreate the application will help you in creating special effects simply by choosing the items you are looking to place in the pages of different images. The items are the same as the ones found in the images.
The software also comes with a format for the images users want to place. iPads and Procreate go hand in hand. Procreate is one of the best and the most powerful drawing applications for iPad.
The software provides some of the best features like an advanced blending layer, 100 redo or undo strokes, amazing filters, auto-saving while drawing, and an extensive set of brushes.
The majority of the digital artists and sketchers make effective use of this application for the features it comes loaded with. The seamless integration of this app with an accurate pencil and perfect screen makes sketching a breeze for the artists.
Undoubtedly, procreate is one of the most amazing sketching canvases for enthusiastic artists, but the problem with this application is that it is not available for Windows.
Nevertheless, many artists make use of Windows laptops and tablets for digital painting and sketching. Since Procreate does not work for Windows, it becomes a problem for the art enthusiasts to quench their painting and sketching desires to the fullest.
Fortunately, there are Procreate alternatives available for Windows tablets, laptops, and PCs that can effectively be used for the most satisfying digital painting experience.
These applications work perfectly fine and even better than Procreate when it comes to producing some great painting and sketching results. Some of these alternatives are available for a price, while others can be used free of cost.
Since Procreate is a paid application that comes with a one-time expense of $9.99 and even does not include free trial versions, the majority of the artists look for Procreate alternatives for Windows.
Here we will be having a look at some of the Best Alternatives To Procreate For Windows.
Best Alternatives To Procreate For Windows 👌
1. Autodesk Sketchbook
There is no other Procreate alternative that is as useful as Autodesk Sketchbook (Download here) when it comes to digital painting apps specifically meant for professionals.
All those expert artists and digital painters who require highly advanced tools for their digital painting endeavors can depend on Autodesk Sketchbook for all their requirements.
It is one of the best applications available in the category of modeling and designing software suites. Just like Procreate, even this application comes loaded with a pen-friendly interface. Users can use mirror images, brushes, and colors for drawing different forms.
The other noteworthy options are the ability to store pictures and progress automatically. One of the best things about this app is it offers great interoperability as the users are free to export pictures to several formats like PSD.
Additionally, users also get the option of choosing image resolution. This application possesses the ability to recognize false hand pressure, which further allows the users to sketch easily.
Other significant features of the app include:-
- Sketchbook is used for digital drawing, and it helps in maximizing space for drawing on different devices.
- Autodesk Sketchbook version for Windows is completely optimized and works great with screen touch devices. So, users can use both their fingers and pen.
- It comes with 190+brushes in varied textures.
- Users can make unlimited layers and even work with varied canvases of more than 100 megapixels.
- The app also features filler tools and guide tools for creating strokes, stabilizers, and lines.
- It supports BMP, JPG, TIFF, PSD, and PNG formats.
- Mobile versions of the app are also available for iOS and Android.
- Saves all the work periodically, which means that the users will not have to worry about the loss of data.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Autodesk Sketchbook that makes it add to the Best Alternatives To Procreate For Windows list.
- Cross-platform availability. This is available for Android, Mac, iOS, and Windows.
- The Windows version is available free of cost.
- Professional tools and workspace.
- Not very easy to learn.
- It does not have too many brushes.
Thus, Autodesk Sketchbook is one of the most well-known drawing software programs that work perfectly well when used in the form of a Procreate alternative.
Although it might not be as well-known as InDesign or Photoshop, it is still one of the most incredible tools that can be used for creating some of the best artistic creations.
ArtRage (Download here) is one of the best Procreate alternatives for old-fashioned digital painters and artists who like to indulge in watercolor and oil painting. The coolest feature of this app is it tries mimicking real paint in a very natural manner.
Users also get the flexibility of mixing colors the way they do with their real painting endeavors. The app comes loaded with tools for tracking thickness, lighting direction, and wetness as well.
There are various other features that make this application one of the finest solutions for experienced artists.
The features are as follows:-
- Most user-friendly and versatile programs are available for pro artists.
- This digital painting platform offers artists the scope of working with varied materials and techniques.
- This app has been specifically designed to perform as a real sketcher or painter.
- Consists of a large number of colors and tools for the artists to choose for creating textured frames.
- Working on ArtRage feels like working on real canvas. Artists get the scope of mixing colors, making details with pencils, and using a spatula for capturing pigments.
- Reference images can also be fixed for reproducing work.
- The app offers great digital advantages because of the scope of utilizing layers allowing users to section the piece and work on the different parts separately.
- Users can even manipulate the images by cloning textures, filling colors, and color correction.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the ArtRage that makes it add to the Best Alternatives To Procreate For Windows list.
- It offers a natural experience of creating art.
- The interface of the app is quite intuitive.
- Sluggish occasionally.
- Does not come with many advanced tools.
- Upgradations can be expensive.
Available at $79, ArtRage helps the users in becoming illustrators, expressionists, perfectos, or draftsmen of the technology they are using.
It is probably one of the best Procreate alternatives for Windows considered perfect for teachers, digital artists, and the ones who breathe and live art.
If you have long been on the lookout for an open-source, free Procreate alternative for Windows, then Krita (Download Here) would be the best option for you. The app has its focus on providing a very natural digital painting experience.
It comes with textures and comics, while its default brushes can be used for creating different varieties of art. The app also gives users the flexibility to customize the brushes if required.
It even comes with a sort of color wheel along with a highly cohesive reference panel. Since it is an open-source Procreate alternative, the makers of this app had always considered the requirements of the community on the whole and have been very quick when it came to adding brand new features.
some other exclusive features of Krita are as follows:-
- Well-known graphics editor featuring loads of varied effects. The special effects of this app can be used for transforming pictures into great works of art.
- The app is perfectly fine-tuned for comic making and sketching.
- It is one of the best tools for manga and comic makers.
- It even includes tools for creating varied shapes. The shapes created can even be combined to create other new shapes. This way, users can add several pictures to their artwork.
- The app offers support for advanced layers, which further allows the users to change image transparency based on certain criteria. Possible parameters are changing background opacity or image opacity and also adding pictures to the foreground.
- The blur effect of this app can be used for turning images blurry.
- The side-by-a-side effect of this app can be used for copying a previous picture on the right and the left of the same screen.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Krita that makes it add to the Best Alternatives To Procreate For Windows list.
- Focus on the quintessential.
- It is customized for artists.
- Supports PSD editing.
- Lags occasionally.
- Does not offer Android support
- The interface is not intuitive enough.
The different special effects that come along with Krita will allow users to experiment with the art forms they are creating. All in all, this app comes as one of the best options for artists looking to create artwork with some great effects.
Using this application is quite simple, and thus, it makes the best Procreate alternative for Windows and even for Linux, Mac, and iOS.
This vector drawing software (Download Here) is best suited for meticulous measurement drawing and is not recommended for freehand sketches.
Quite similar to Procreate, the app offers its users easy access to layers and brushes, but one thing that makes it exclusive and different from the other Procreate alternatives for Windows is its varied tools that can be bought as upgrades.
Also. The app offers different payment options enabling the interested users to purchase its varied tools in the form of upgrades. Even the free version of this application offers a handful of layers and brushes to the users.
The one-time price of the Essentials package is $9.99, or you can even get everything on a monthly fee of $4.99.
Some of the unique attributes of this application include:-
- The app helps in creating images that are graphically realistic and that too within the shortest time possible.
- The drawing tools of this app can effectively be used for modifying designs and creating images that look professional.
- Performs very well for the sketching requirements of the users.
- The app has the potential to illustrate vector-like drawings and sketches.
- The best tool for digitizing blueprints along with other drawing stuff.
- It comes with a number of strokes and brushes.
- It offers several layers of support.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Concepts that makes it add to the Best Alternatives To Procreate For Windows list.
- Infinite canvas is available for artists.
- Suitable for accuracy-oriented measurement sketching.
- The free version consists of several strokes and brush options.
- Difficult to have your hands at.
Artists using this app get the freedom to create images of their own designs. They can use the in-app editing features that help them in modifying, re-arranging, adding, and deleting colors to the designs.
This is one of the best ways of creating something that is uniquely yours and meaningful at the same time.
5. PaintTool Sai
Artists who are into a lot of sketching and drawing and the ones who also like working on filling colors in their creations can always make the best use of PaintTool Sai (Download Here).
This painting and drawing tool features an easy-to-use and bland user interface with a number of beneficial tools. Since it has been developed by developers from Japan, the app offers anime and manga support.
Apart from this, it is its brush guard feature that makes it different from the other Procreate alternatives on this list.
Other exclusive features you get top use with PaintTool Sai are as follows:-
- The pain tool offers great speed. The majority of the brushes spray paint very fast and get art jobs done within the shortest time possible.
- Lightweight digital sketching software that speaks of a large number of tools and great simplicity.
- Very beneficial for beginners into digital painting and even for the ones who want to know more about the potentials of different digital sketching software programs.
- High-quality painting software offers complete digitizer support.
- The app will help you create wonderful anti-aliased drawings and even provides stable and easy operation.
- Perfect composition with 16bit ARGB channels.
- Support available for Intel MMX technology.
- Data protection functionality is available for avoiding abnormal terminations like bugs.
- A powerful and simple user interface makes the app easy to understand and use.
- Limited scope and tools.
PaintTool Sai is one Procreate alternative for Windows that will make digital painting more comfortable and enjoyable for beginner enthusiasts.
6. Corel Painter
Yet another great and exclusive painting tool and the perfect Procreate alternative for Windows, Corel Painter (Download here) will make digital drawing fun and entertaining task for you.
A large number of professional artists use this app for reproducing effects found only in the real world. The app has a large number of textures, tools, and brushes on offer along with color options such as oil paint and water paint.
Other notable features of Corel Painter are as follows:-
- The user interface of this application is easily customizable. This is a very cool feature as it gives users the scope of removing options that they do not require.
- This photo graphics app comes with a huge database of graphics that proves to be highly beneficial for users. Users get almost all the graphics they ever require.
- It gives users the ability to import images from the hard drive.
- The app can effectively be used as a replacement for even Microsoft Paint. It gives users the ability to select and editing text boxes the way they want.
- Fantastic all-inclusive package for digital artists and sketchers.
- Known among artists for its exclusive RealBristle paint mechanism.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Corel Painter that makes it add to the Best Alternatives To Procreate For Windows list.
- Offers dozens of brushes and paper textures.
- Multilayer editing is supported.
- The app also supports editing and importing PSD files.
- Several tools
- Tailor-made user-interface.
- A bit expensive at $300 for a one-time purchase.
- The learning curve for this app can be a bit steep.
Corel Painter is undoubtedly one of the best Procreate alternatives for graphic designers and even for the ones who do not have their own images.
Users can simply download the images here and use them for their own assignments. The wide assortment of digital drawing tools available with this app can help users in reproducing the feel and look of conventional canvas painting.
7. Adobe Illustrator Draw
Adobe Illustrator Draw (Download Here) is a premium and popular drawing tool that works great when used as a Procreate alternative for Windows.
It is absolutely true that this premium Procreate alternative comes loaded with a number of features. But the features need to be used carefully and by following all the directions.
Some of the unique attributes of this app are:-
- It offers more than 200 functionalities and sub-functionalities for the users to choose from.
- It gives users the scope of creating amazing images by using a large number of tools.
- Exclusively focused on pen drawing simulation.
- Easy to use application
- It comes with several useful features.
- Certain limitations make it difficult for users.
All in all, it can rightly be said that Adobe Illustrator Draw is one of the perfect digital printing solutions for individuals who do not have a lot of experience in this field.
Note:- You are easily able to use this program on Windows 10 PC with Bluestacks android emulator.
8. Clip Studio Paint
This program (Download here) gives users the ability to create creative sketches, clip-arts, and drawings. Additionally, the app stands out as one of the most reliable Procreate alternatives for Windows.
Exclusive features of the app are:-
- It makes working with digital images an easy task for the users by way of its well-organized and top-quality interface.
- It comes with both advanced and basic features for creating images.
- Even boasts of breath-taking effects that can easily be applied to sketches and drawings for making them more sophisticated and attractive.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the Clip Studio Paint that makes it add to the Best Alternatives To Procreate For Windows list.
- Helps in creating professional and top-quality drawings right from scratch.
- Manage and navigate several images simultaneously and seamlessly.
- The advanced tools of this app can be a bit problematic.
Use Clip Studio Paint only if you think that you are a pro at creating digital images. This goes special for the advanced features of this app that can only be handled by expert digital painters and sketchers.
9. MediBang Paint
This popular software (Download Here) is widely used by a large number of crafters and artists for creating some of the most wonderful drawings and sketches digitally.
One of the best things about this application is that it helps you in saving all incomplete assignments to be started later on from exactly where you left. And all this can easily be managed with just one click of the mouse. Easy and comfortable, isn’t it?
Other important features of this app are:-
- Lightweight and free digital painting software perfect for creating wonderful sketches.
- Consists of some of the most efficient and useful tools that will make you a pro at creating digital drawings.
- Boasts of more than 800 backgrounds, 20 fonts, and 50 brushes.
Below is the summary of the main Pros and Cons of the MediBang Paint that makes it add to the Best Alternatives To Procreate For Windows list.
- All the elements used by the app users get saved in an organized manner.
- The app can be downloaded and used very easily.
- The user interface of the app is easy and convenient to deal with.
- Displays advertisements right in the beginning. This can be frustrating for the users.
With such amazing features and advantageous tools to offer to users, it can rightly be said that there is no other digital painting software as beneficial as MediBang Paint.
It is not just the best Procreate alternative for Windows but even an application that you must try before trying any other digital painting app available online.
This image editing and digital painting software (Download Here) can be easily and readily used for almost any art job. Significant features of the app are:
- Smooth lines
- Multi-choice tools and brushes
- Multiple layers of support are available.
- Crisp and clear stroke
- Availability of watercolor painting as well.
- Airbrush, pen, and pencil are also available in default settings.
- The learning curve can be steep.
This is extremely useful and beneficial digital painting software specifically designed for beginners. This does not mean it does not work for advanced users. The app even works for advanced users, but it is just that it is easier to use for the ones who do not have good skills and knowledge in digital painting.
The above-mentioned list of some of the best Procreate alternatives for Windows will make your digital painting and sketching experience a breeze. They will help you get on board with the digital art platform instantly.
Nevertheless, you will have to work on using these applications carefully. The ultimate choice of these apps will depend on your requirements. The use of their features is completely subjective. You may or may not use the features of these applications.
But, if you are on the lookout for getting the best results out of your digital painting endeavors, then ensure using the apps carefully along with all their features.