When one needs to look good with the dress she wears, there’s no brand out there that is better than Reformation. Reformation has been the favorite brand among women since it was launched in the year 2009.
The brand’s designs and styles are not the only reason that got them famous in the market, but their initiative of being totally carbon neutral since 2015 made them one of the best brands out there that offer sustainable clothing in the market. Despite this initiative, Reformation is now planning to be climate positive, which is damn good for the environment.
The brand offers whimsical prints, feminine rocks, and flattering denim that attracts a lot of customers. Reformation makes sustainability look cool by giving it a fashionable style.
They make clothes according to the needs of the customers. Their clothes are made with the most sustainable fabrics present on earth.
But if customers want to switch from Reformation to some other brand, then there are plenty of options in the market. It doesn’t mean that Reformation is not good enough, but sometimes people like to try something different. This is when they can look after other stores like Reformation for some coop stuff.
Best Stores Like Reformation: Our Top Pick 👌👌
STAUD is a fashion brand for women based in California. It was founded by Sarah Staudinger and her partner George Augusto in the year 2015; since then, they have adopted a lot and expanded their business to new heights.
Their aim was to provide clothes that are made with some premium fabrics at an affordable price. To some extent, their goal was to change the market scenario by providing quality products at a minimal price.
They give a lot of thought to their designs to make them unique and attractive. This helps the brand to survive in the market.
Some of the brand features are as follows:-
- They offer items from different product categories such as clothing, handbags, shoes, accessories, etc.
- They have a section for their new arrivals. This helps the customers to identify the present clothing trend.
- They also have a sale section on the website for the clothes which are on sale.
- They accept payments through Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, PayPal, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, and Klarna.
- They offer free shipping for orders above $100.10 across the United States. If the customer wants a 2-day delivery, then he/she has to pay $20 more. International shipping costs around $35.
- They offer a 14-day return policy for all their products except those which are marked as Final Sale.
- If a customer cannot find a STAUD store, then he/she can use the store locator feature available on the website to find the nearest store.
The brand, with its customer-friendly features, has managed to hold a good position in the market. This helps STAUD to compete with stores like Reformation.
Sezne is a fashion brand from France. It was founded by Morgane Sezalory in the year 2013. The operations of this brand are handled by Benda Bili. The head office of Sezane is located in Paris, France.
The brand is online-oriented and earns 90% of its revenue from its online shopping website. The company was born when Morgane started selling some vintage clothes by giving them a touch of her own designs.
The clothes were highly appreciated in the market, and people loved to wear them. There are no intermediaries in Sezane, which is why they are able to offer quality clothes at an accessible price.
Some of the features of Sezane clothing are as follows:-
- The company has an aim to release seasonal clothing four times in a single year. For each season, they will launch a new clothing line.
- Every Wednesday, Sezane drops some news about their company. They inform about product restocks, new clothing lines, and their latest inspirations.
- Over one-third of their products are made in Europe. They have taken this decision based upon certain factors such as the origin of raw materials, expertise, working conditions, and production capacities.
- They aim to promote sustainability, and they have achieved a lot in this path. Three-fourth of their materials are eco-friendly, and some of their clothing lines are 100% eco-friendly. This shows how much they care for society and the environment.
- They ship products internationally also. Orders which are above $780 will be subject to additional fees by the Government.
- They have a 15-day return policy for all their customers. The customer gets the refund within 7 to 10 working days after Sezane has received the return package.
- They accept payments through Debit or Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, Discover and Diners Club), PayPal, Gift Card, and Credit notes.
Sezane has achieved a lot because of its unique approach and gives good competition to stores like Reformation.
3. The Kooples
The kooples is a fashion retailer based in France. It was founded by Alexandre, Laurent, and Raphael Elicha in the year 2008. The company’s headquarters is situated in Paris, France.
According to a report in 2014, the company managed to open a total of 321 outlets across Europe. Now they have stores in different countries across the world. They have also launched their website where customers can do online shopping.
The Kooples is always focused on one thing, and that is to provide their customers the best shopping experience. They have always been consistent when it comes to the quality of clothes. This consistency helped them to earn the trust of the customers.
Let’s discuss some features of this company:-
- They offer a wide range of products from different categories such as clothing, shoes, bags, etc. They offer products for both men and women customers.
- Recently the Kooples teamed up with French artist Clement Legrand to launch a collection of limited t-shirts for celebrating pride month and universal love.
- The company always aims to come with something new and unique with its products to attract customers and satisfy their needs. The uniqueness of a company has always been a major factor for the company’s survival in the competitive market.
- They manufacture handbags keeping in mind their clothing line so that customers can get handbags that will match their clothes. They launch new bags every season with the new clothing line.
- The kooples have appointed dedicated teams in every store who are trained to help the customer in every way.
The company has come a long way since it was incorporated back in 2008. They have achieved a lot of milestones all this year that make them capable of competing with stores like Reformation.
Ganni is considered to be a Danish contemporary fashion brand based in Denmark. The company was founded by Frans Truelsen; he was a gallerist when he incorporated this company.
Ganni was founded in the year 2000; since then, the company has managed to achieve a lot of milestones, leaving a lot of brands behind. In the late 2010s, the brand started getting popularity among people as a designer label.
At that time, the management of the company was under the control of husband and wife duo Nicolaj Reffstrup and Ditte Reffstrup.
The husband-wife duo took control of the company in the year 2009, Ditte Reffstruo was appointed as the creative director, and Nicolaj Reffstrup was appointed as the CEO.
Some features of this company are as follows:-
- The brand launched an initiative which was called Ganni Repeat in the year 2019. This was launched across Denmark. Under this initiative, customers are allowed to rent clothes for a period of three weeks. In 2020, they launched this initiative in Europe and the United States.
- Ganni is considered to be a luxury brand that offers clothes at affordable prices. Based upon their prices, they sit between Zara and Dior.
- The company has launchedGanni Talks, which is a podcast where Nicolaj and Ditte talk with people. This is an excellent way to promote the brand among the customers.
- They have planned to achieve 44 goals before the end of 2023.
- The shipping charges vary depending upon the place the products are going to be shipped.
- The company has a return policy for its customers.
Ganni, with its growth in recent years, has become a threat for other companies in the market. They are a good competitor for stores like Reformation. It is good that some companies are bringing competition in the market, thus preventing monopoly.
Madewell is an American company that was incorporated in the year 1937; since then, they are manufacturing jeans until now, they haven’t changed their product line or added anything new to it.
The company was founded by Julian Kivowitz. J crew managed to purchase Madewell in the year 2006. The target customers for Madewell are all the women who come between the age range of 18 and 40. The company has a flagship store situated in New York.
They also have 17 other stores across the United States. Till now, Madewell is one of the companies that offer the best denim clothes in the market, and they have also started offering other clothes that might look good with denim.
Some more features of this company are as follows:-
- The company has hired some of the best designers who work day and night to come up with some good designs that will attract the customers as well as satisfy their needs.
- Madewell uses the latest stretch technology while manufacturing its jeans so that the jeans will be comfortable to wear.
- They always try to give their jeans an old-school rigid look. This feature of the company helped them to increase their sales.
- Madewell has always remained consistent in launching new products at regular intervals. They always launch new clothing lines every season.
- They have a feature on their website where customers can personalize their own jeans.
- They offer free delivery across the United States to customers who have subscribed to Madewell Insiders. For others, they charge a certain amount as a delivery charge for shipping their products. They are also offering international deliveries.
- They have a return policy for their customers.
Being an old company, they have better goodwill as compared to other brands in the market, which is why it is easy for Madewell to compete with stores like Reformation, Ganni, etc.
6. Amour Vert
Amour Vert is a clothing apparel company which is based in America. It was founded in the year 2010; since then, they have contributed a lot towards sustainable clothing.
Their main aim is to save the environment by manufacturing clothes in an eco-friendly process and with raw materials that do not harm the environment. They have a total of 60 employees who work tirelessly so that they can provide their customers the best shopping experience better than other companies in the market.
This will help the company to gain more customers in the near future. They do business online and sell their products through their official website. In today’s date, the internet is the best platform to reach a large number of target customers, which was not possible in the traditional way.
Some other features of this company are as follows:-
- The textiles and blended fabrics manufactured by the company are soft and long-lasting. This is done keeping in mind the comfort of the customers.
- They manufacture their products in a limited quantity in order to maintain the quality standards and to avoid excess waste during the manufacturing process.
- The company manufactures 97% of its products in California. These manufacturing centers are near the company’s Sans Francisco Office.
- They directly deal with mills, so to manufacture fabrics that are soft and sustainable. This is a good initiative for saving the environment because 60% of the impact that garments put on the environment happens during the manufacturing of fabrics.
- The company packs its products in materials that are recyclable. This is also considered an eco-friendly initiative.
- They have a return policy of 30 days.
- They have started International shipping also.
They are performing well in the market. Amour Vert is considered as good competition for stores like Reformation, Ganni, etc.
7. Christy Dawn
Christy Dawn is a fashion company operating from America and is based in Los Angeles. It was founded by Christy Dawn in the year 2018; since then, the company has achieved a lot of milestones in the market.
The main objective of Christy Dawn was to manufacture products in an eco-friendly way. The founder started the company with the aim of promoting sustainable clothes in the market.
The manufacturing of sustainable clothes doesn’t cause much harm to the environment compared to the manufacturing process of other clothes. They sell their products online through the official website. Through their website, they also try to promote awareness for the saving environment initiative.
Some more features of this company are as follows:-
- Christy Dawn is committed to saving the environment. Every clothing apparel manufactured by them is considered to be eco-friendly. They try to convey a message to their customers that say to honor mother earth as it has given a lot, and now it’s time to pay back.
- The company believes that sustainability is not enough for safeguarding mother earth which is why they are planning to launch more initiatives in the future that will help to save the environment.
- They have an initiative which is known as “Farm-to-closet,” under which they purchased land in India and used it for growing fabrics they need for manufacturing. This initiative helped a lot of farmers who were unemployed.
- Christy Dawn has a vast network that helps them to ship products anywhere in the world. They also have a return policy for their customers.
Christy Dawn is trying to help society by safeguarding the nature they live in. Stores like Reformation are also on the same track.
8. Free People
Free People is an apparel and lifestyle retail company based in the United States. It was founded by Duck Hayne in the year 1984; since then, they have achieved a lot in the market. The company had its headquarters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The apparel of Free People is sold globally using direct channels. They have two official sites- the Free People Global site and Free People UK site. They also have specialty clothing boutiques and departmental stores in different locations across the United States and Canada.
When Free People was launched back in the year 1984, it mainly attracted the young people in the market. The first boutique of Free People opened in Paramus, New Jersey, in the year 2002.
Some other features of this company are as follows:-
- The company offers women’s clothing, accessories, shoes, intimates, and swimwear to their target customers. They also have a beauty and wellness category; under this category, they sell skin and oral care products, cosmetics, oral supplements, books, and crystals.
- The company has managed to open a total of 136 outlets across the United States and Canada. It also has a Wholesale Pop-up showroom in the United Kingdom; this is the only store situated beyond the borders of North America. They also sell their apparel in independent boutiques in Canada.
- After partnering with Girls.Inc, the company, started a campaign that supports around 140,000 girls across the United States and Canada. The campaign motivates the girls to become innovative, confident, and strong.
- They offer products between the price range of $4 and $2500.
- They ship their products across the United States and Canada. They also have a return policy for their customers.
Free people is considered to be an old company; thus, it holds a good position in the market. They compete with stores like Reformation in the marketplace and prevent monopoly.
9. Urban Outfitters
Urban Outfitters is considered to be a multinational lifestyle retail corporation based in the United States. The company had its headquarters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The company was founded by Richard Hayne, Judy Wicks, Scott Belair in the year 1970 since then, they have expanded their business and moved across the borders of the United States.
Urban Outfitters have their stores in different countries such as the United Kingdom, Sweden, Spain, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Belgium, Canada, and many more. The brand Urban Outfitters targets young people in the market.
All their apparels are designed keeping in mind the needs of young people because they are the target customers.
Some other features of this company are as follows:-
- The company has managed to offer different products from various categories such as clothing, accessories, cosmetics, footwear, and housewares.
- The company’s target customers are young people who have some interest in hipster subculture and alternative fashion.
- They have opened their outlets in 248 different locations and have appointed a total of 24,000 employees. These employees are trained to be interactive so that they can identify the needs of the customers and provide them what they need.
- They try to attract their customers with unique cloth designs and engaging store designs. The company has a policy of not changing the original features of the store building as they want to preserve it to attract more customers.
- They also launched a website for online shopping in order to make the shopping experience better for the customers.
- On today’s date, Urban Outfitters are shipping their products worldwide. They also have a return policy for their customers who are not satisfied with the product.
The company has achieved new heights in all these years of service. They have always prioritized the needs of the customers above all, which is why they can compete with stores like Reformation in the market.
10. Mother Denim
Mother Denim is considered to be a fashion brand for denim based in America. The company was founded by Lela Becker and Tim Kaeding in the year 2010. They have their headquarters in Los Angeles, California.
They are known for manufacturing soft-quality denim. The company is always determined to do things differently than others, and this is one of the main reasons for the company’s success.
Every season they come with something new that attracts a whole lot of customers. They have always been consistent in providing the best quality products to their customers and had never failed in satisfying their needs. This is why the customers stay committed to the brand and don’t think of switching to other brands.
Some more features of this company are as follows:-
- The company is famous for its irreverent disposition and soft fabric. The soft fabric provides comfort to the users of the apparel. This is why they always prefer Mother Denim apparel above other brands.
- They have a section on their website named Designers. Here, the customers can learn about the designers of the company and how they come up with new ideas every season.
- They have always managed to provide quality products to their customers. In all these years, their quality never degraded. This is one of the reasons their customers do not switch brands.
- They ship their products across the United States. They charge shipping charges in the delivery of some products.
- They have a return policy for their customers who are not satisfied with the product they got from the company. The customers can also give their reviews so that the company can rectify their mistakes and offer better products next time.
The company is committed to providing denim in the market. As they are associated with one product category, it sometimes becomes difficult for them to compete with stores like Reformation.
LPA is a Los Angeles-based fashion brand founded by Pia Arrobio. Since its incorporation, the brand has achieved a lot of milestones in the fashion industry.
They have expanded their business and have captured a small share in the apparel market of the United States. They aim to expand more and become one of the best apparel brands in the United States as well as around the world.
Some features of this company are:-
- They provide products from different categories such as sweaters, tops, skirts, etc. The apparels manufactured by LPA are of premium quality and cost a little bit more.
- They ship their products in every area across the United States. They also have a return policy for their customers, but it has some terms and conditions.
- They always try to bring something new and unique to the market that will attract customers.
The clothing industry is growing every day. More brands are coming into the competition and are performing well also. The key factor that can help a company to survive in the market is customer satisfaction.
Reformation has always focused on this factor since its incorporation, which is why they are still one of the top brands in the market, and it is hard to compete with them unless you are a big name in the market.
It is hard to capture the legacy that stores like Reformation have built in all these years of service. Although, some new brands are gradually becoming capable of beating Reformation in some areas of the apparel market.