Printer technology has advanced significantly in the past two decades, and nowadays it might b be a challenging task to make the right purchase when it comes to buying a printer. There are countless things that need to be taken into consideration – the price of the device, the price of cartridges, resolution, technology used, workload abilities, and features. Of course, the choice will be entirely different depending on if you are a home user, a freelancer, or a company looking for a printer that can print out thousands of copies per day.
This post focuses on Top 3 Laser Printer and, more specifically, three of the best models that you can find on the market in 2018. The primary advantages of laser printers are several:
- They excel when it comes to printing black & white documents, since they can produce much crisper and clearer black text, regardless of the font size.
- Laser printers are the way to go when you need to print a high volume of paper in a short amount of time. Do keep in mind that laser printers need a bit more time to warm up at the start, but they are much faster when they get going.
- Laser printer cartridges can print more sheets, but they do cost a bit more compared to inkjet ones (depending on the make and model of the device)
Keep in mind that while these laser printers are the best on the market at the moment, they are entry and mid-level purchases, so you might want to look into more expensive models if your needs are more specific. Also if you want more options, you can check out the best laser printers from definite point to choose the most suitable one for you.
Top 3 Laser Printer You should try in 2018
This is a great budget solution which comes with a rather limited number of features, but its low price and simplicity gave it the top spot as one of Amazon’s best sellers for a long time. The Brother HL-3140CW has wireless capabilities, but it lacks an Ethernet port which might be seen as a minus. However, it does compensate with a fair number of wireless features, as well as with awesome performance when it comes to color and monochromatic printing. It has a sheet capacity of 250 and can work with a wide array of paper sizes. Last but not least, it comes from a reputable manufacturer who is one of the most praised names in the printing field.
- Compact size despite its impressive weight of 17.4kg.
- It takes less than 16 seconds to warm up and print the first page.
- A maximum speed of 18 pages/minute.
- Wireless features such as AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and iPrint & Scan.
- Priced at around $170.
Another budget purchase which is even cheaper than the Brother HL-3140CW. However, it certainly does not lack in the feature department when compared to the latter, and you can rest assured that the HP T6B82A Color LaserJet Pro is a great device to have if you need a reasonably priced all-in-one printer for home or small business use. Unlike the Brother model above, this one has both wireless and Ethernet connection available. One of this model’s major advantages is that it also boasts a scanner, fax, and printing module, so it offers you a great opportunity to get your hands on an all-in-one device for an insignificant sum.
- Slightly bulkier at 18.4kg, but keep in mind that it is an all-in-one device.
- 10.6 seconds to warm up for monochrome printing, and 12.3 seconds for color prints.
- A maximum speed of 21 pages/minute for both monochrome and color.
- Has Wireless and Ethernet connectivity. Supports AirPrint and HP ePrint.
- Priced at around $330.
Canon’s product is a great all-in-one device for any office. Despite its bulkiness, you should not forget that it is a reasonably priced all-in-one device which can make office work much easier than before. Just like other laser printers, this one also excels at printing documents, but it can also do decent work when it comes to printing out photographs and graphics-rich images. It has a decently fast copier module, as well as the ability to function as fax and a scanner. The only drawback of this particular model is that its output tray has a capacity limited to 100 sheets, so it might need to regularly be cleaned up during large print jobs.
- Not that heavy, but bulkier in size so it might be difficult to fit in a packed office.
- Supports Duplex (two-sided) printing at 11 pages/minute.
- Regular printing at 19 pages/minute.
- It takes 12 seconds to warm up and begin the print job.
- Has Wireless and Ethernet connectivity. Supports AirPrint and Google Cloud Print.
- Priced at around $270.
There are many things to take into consideration when purchasing a printer, so we advise you to take your time and review all available options. However, we assure you that the three models above are purchases that you can’t go wrong with since they pack all the essential features to provide you with a seamless, fast, and high-quality printing experience.